[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
where were you when you realized that only fat kids hated the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9
File: exarkun3-620x377.jpg (61 KB, 620x377) Image search: [Google]
exarkun3-620x377.jpg
61 KB, 620x377
where were you when you realized that only fat kids hated the prequel fights?
>>
where were you when you realized that only fat kids liked the prequel fights?
>>
That doesn't make sense, they were George's idea.
>>
>>64346335

are you saying george is a fat kid?
>>
File: jar jar is key.jpg (209 KB, 1598x684) Image search: [Google]
jar jar is key.jpg
209 KB, 1598x684
>instead of using a lightsaber as an actual weapon, and getting the dirty job over and done with, I'll instead spin and dance pointlessly, missing every opportunity to strike
>this will look cool for the manchildren
>>
Trolling used to mean something
>>
File: BxpD3.jpg (18 KB, 401x271) Image search: [Google]
BxpD3.jpg
18 KB, 401x271
>>64346360
Yeah, just fucking look at him.
>>
File: twitter frog.jpg (60 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
twitter frog.jpg
60 KB, 500x495
>>64346327
>>64346382
>>64346447
>t: bitter kids/manchildren who were too fat to spin, dance and jump around
>>
>>64346482
nice projecting fatass
>>
File: 1451354084277.jpg (212 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1451354084277.jpg
212 KB, 600x450
Prequel fights were garbage. The fight in The Force Awakens and the OT were way better. The prequel fights looked like dancing, the saber hilts had no heft to them, the hits no emotion. They hit with real force. What I liked about the Force Awakens is that you could see Finn and Kylo take damage through out the fight. You saw them getting fatigued, getting small singes and cuts, straining to win the fight. It had depth and weight to it, just like the OT fights.
>>
File: meme.jpg (39 KB, 373x669) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
39 KB, 373x669
>>64346482
See >>64346447
>>
>>64346544
One thing I really liked about TFA was that it seemed like the violence had weight to it.

Like, is Finn a fucking paraplegic now? Because that slash across the back looked pretty nasty.
>>
>>64346544

This is so bait it hurts, TFA is liquid garbage
>>
where were you when you realized that star wars is for children and redditeurs?
>>
File: 10609627_gal.jpg (12 KB, 462x267) Image search: [Google]
10609627_gal.jpg
12 KB, 462x267
>>64346544
Why don't you like dancing? It looks much more elegant and beautiful compared to sloppy, memetic "weighty", pseudo-emotional manchildren fighting
>>
The fights in both trilogies were mostly badly choreographed

The one in Empire was the only good one in the OT and the ones in TPM and the final fight in RotS were the only good ones in the prequels.

People complain that the prequel fights looked overchoreographed but the OT fights have the same problem. Even in parts of the Empire fight it's blatantly obvious that the actors ate just swinging at the air in front of them and their sabers just happen to collide sometimes.

A lot of the time one character will miss a swing by nearly two feet and the other character will still duck or backstep. It's so stupid and it looks ridiculous.

The fight in A New Hope is the worst of them all. It doesn't mean anything in terms of characters because we haven't really had time to get to know them and it looks bafflingly bad. People say that the prequels look like they're not trying to hit each other, but in A New Hope they really weren't. The saber props were too fragile to smack against each other, so they just sort of stopped a few inches in front of them and it would be fixed in post.
>>
>>64346633
I was everywhere, barely there
heavy thin air, sahara mascara smeared, end of an era
tracks on hera's peacock thighs, china white skies, ivory of my leper eyes
tone of sighs off nylon lips

Where you runnin' now?
>>
>>64346632
Better than the Prequels, better than ROTJ.
>>64346641
Looked too choreographed and over the top. Wasn't elegant at all. If anything it was flamboyant.
>>
>>64346315
Obi-Wan never fought Darth Maul in a desert.
>>
>>64346544
Yeah, it was so cool seeing them getting slightly singed by fucking lightsabers instead of losing limbs like literally every non-stalemate lightsaber fight in the series.
>>
>>64346761
>RotJ
>badly choreographed
Moron
>>
>>64346970
I loved that about the Force Awakens too. TESB did it too. You could see Luke getting all fucked up through out the fight and Vader's armor getting cut up. I hope they do it in the next two episodes and don't revert back to Geroge Lucas' style of light saber fights. His fights looked like people dancing with giant glow sticks
>>
>>64347054
I was bashing TFA for NOT doing that senpai, they used the lightsabers like generic swords and had generic sword injuries.
>>
Anyone who is as passionate for star wars is nerdy or fat. Went to the midnight screening and there were hundreds of geeks
>>
>>64347151
What the hell did you expect?
>>
>>64347139
not that anon, but maybe they have sword injuries because they're swords????
>>
>>64347259
They are not swords, they are lightsabers.
They burn and disintegrate flesh, not the shitty slices we got in TFA.
>>
>>64347348
Yeah, and you said they got singed in the movie. That's what lightsabers do. Point being?
>>
>Anakin and ob1 have a DBZ "The Force" clash
>Anakin does not win and blow Obey away because of his midichlorians
>>
>Why isn't lightsaber fighting as lifelike and realistic as the fighting in every other movie.
>Why did the prequels use choreography instead of just making the actors fuck each other up on screen.
>>
>>64347552
I was just pointing out how they just got some superficial wounds instead of losing limbs like they should senpai, don't try to be pedantic.
>>
>>64346315

Honestly when you think about it all lightsaber fights look stupid because of how easily you could cut up anything with the lightsaber. The OTs just had really great emotional impact to them matched with being a novelty at the time.

The best one is probably how dooku ends it with obiwan. they clash and he just simply taps the motherfucker in the leg and arm with it. It's like how knife fights are never realistic in movies.
>>
Where were you when you realized /tv/ had become Reddit 2.0?
>>
>>64346544
Ok anon, imma let you finish

But phantom menace had the best sabrr fight of all time
>>
>>64348310
I was on /tv/, curb stomping RedditLetterMedia babbies
>>
File: Pic_related.jpg (55 KB, 600x428) Image search: [Google]
Pic_related.jpg
55 KB, 600x428
>>64346315
At McDonalds
>>
I hated their weird saber stance in TFA. Why did they hold them so high and close to their faces?
>>
File: 1437791172555.gif (1 MB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1437791172555.gif
1 MB, 500x333
>>64347648
Because lightsabers have no weight other then the hilt
Because unlike in the originals, lightsaber fighting had been a finely practiced art that has been perfected over the years that combines fast movements and force sensibilities to predicted your opponents moves. This was then lost during the great jedi purge leaving a crippled old man, a young boy with none of this training and the sheev
>>
>>64348634
Because JJ LOVES neon lightning.
>>
>>64346447
Never fucking reply in my thread again unless you're contributing to it.
>>
>>64348729
>Because lightsabers have no weight other then the hilt
not canon
>>
>>64346315
The same time I realised my wife was still fucking her ex-husband, he's way bigger than me so when he comes around I don't say anything, I just watch the prequel fights on YouTube with their son.
>>
>>64349347
>ebin cuck memeposting plebbit friendo :-)
>>
>>64349513
who are you quoting?
>>
>>64346641

this
>>
>>64349513
Go home /v/eddit tourist
>>
>>64349747
>>64350127
>samefag pretending his cuckposting is funny
keep trying kiddo, you'll get a laugh one of these days
>>
>>64350299
I'm completely serious

who were you quoting?

why did you put
">"
before your post?

learn to use 4chan, kid
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.