[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some of the best 2015 films to watch must be easily
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 2015.png (49 KB, 731x404) Image search: [Google]
2015.png
49 KB, 731x404
What are some of the best 2015 films to watch

must be easily torrent-able right now too lol
>>
Sicario
Fury Road
Montage of Heck
Slow West
Spring
>>
Creed
>>
File: ex machina.gif (1 MB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
ex machina.gif
1 MB, 636x358
ex machina was the best film I saw this year

request better if you've got them, open minded
>>
>>64337294
>ex machina was the best film I saw this year

Are you a feminist?
>>
>>64337339
Fucking kill yourself lmao if anything it portrayed women to be advantageous cunts that pray on rich men to get what they want
>>
Victoria
Inside Out
The Martian
Sicario
Youth
Mad Max: Fury Road
The Lobster
The Diary of a Teenage Girl
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl

Don't bother with the DVDScr ones unless you're a film cuck.
>>
>>64337339
I wasn't a huge fan of ex machina but how is it in any way feminist? If anything I'd say it shows that even when an AI is programmed to be female it becomes a manipulative, opportunistic bitch.
>>
The Revenant and Hateful Eight
>>
>>64337929
The females in the show were all robots anyway...
>>
The Revenant was ok, not great, but ok. Another year without an Oscar Leo...

Just watched Sicario. It was also ok, but not great. Lots of gun shooting, and general violence, with nods towards CIA agenda blah blah...it is entertaining enough though.

Tomahawk is an ok flick. Men doing men things I suppose, with some horse love.

No doubt /tv goers will disagree, but The Martian was actually an alright movie. Has the obvious science memes, but other than that it is a good ride. Matt Damon isn't a complete fag in this one.

The Lobster is a funny/depressing flim. Dark humor with some romance kind of. The idea behind it is kind of stupid, but the overall movie comes out ok.

Other than that, I'm not sure there is much else out there this year. 2015 was a pretty shit year desu. Hopefully 2016 has more to offer.
>>
>>64337339
>guy makes AI woman
>it figures out how to manipulate a beta, kills two people to get what she wants

Seriously though Ex Machina best 2015 movie
>>
>>64337970
>The Revenant
>2015
>>
>>64338697
It had a limited release
>>
>>64337294
>that one scene that stands out of the rest of the pointless trash.

Yeah, great movie.
>>
>>64337929
>when an AI is programmed to be female it becomes a manipulative, opportunistic bitch.
I have to cut you off here because this is something I spent a lot of time lying awake about after seeing Ex Machina.

MASSIVE SPOILERS

So, there's something that happened which Nathan knew, and Caleb (and we - the viewer) should have picked up on. The main problem with Caleb is that he is a beta cuck obviously, which is why he was selected. Betas are excessively empathetic towards women, even robot women. From the start of the movie, we get kind of a bad vibe about Nathan, though nothing too crazy for a genius who spends his time in solitude with alcohol and sex robots. But the crucial point in the whole movie is DELIBERATELY put to be interpret falsely (as it is by Caleb) - namely the video recording of the "failed" AI. What we see is a series of robots going crazy, even ending up destroying themselves and an indifferent Nathan.

But really think about it. A perfect AI is everything a human is. And guess what you'll end up seeing if you lock it up naked in a glass prison and submit it to psychological testing occasionally: it will want to escape. In my opinion, Nathan might have created the perfect AI here. Fear, anger, despair are all emotions to be expected of a human in this situation. And Caleb missed that, and so did most of the viewers probably. He mistook a natural reaction of a human-like sentient being for Nathan being evil.

So when Ava comes around, she is calm. She behaves as Caleb expects a robot to be (although not a human!). Nathan however has seen what a natural reaction to her situation is. He postulates Ava is even smarter than a human-like brain, suppressing emotion (note ending) to achieve her goals in a cold-blooded, robot-like (oh the irony) fashion.
>>
>>64337129
>op ask for films
>reditors posting flicks
>>
>>64338943
cont

To test this Nathan seeks out Caleb as we know. Although Nathan explains before he gets keked that he needed Caleb to be manipulated to solve the "testing a chess computer by playing chess" problem, he really wanted to find out if Ava was a super-human AI, capable of not only being aware (he already knew the other robots trying to escape where because they wanted to escape) but also being able to suppress emotions to achieve a higher goal.
>>
sicario surprised me with how good it was
>>
>>64338997
u pretend to like 5 hour monologues because liking normal movies makes you a le pleb
>>
>>64338607
Thanks for the short reviews. I hate it when people just throw long lists of movies into the 'Best of' category when your gut feeling tells you they're gonna suck. With no explanation provided on their choice you get psyched out into watching garbage.

I mean seriously, Fury Road? Best of 2015? Pffffff
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.