[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you fix this piece or shit? Hard mode: you can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: The-Force-Awakens-Mock-Crawl.png (89 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
The-Force-Awakens-Mock-Crawl.png
89 KB, 500x300
How would you fix this piece or shit?

Hard mode: you can't get rid of Rey.
>>
Make rey black
>>
>>64325197
HOL UP
>>
Scrap it and make a new movie about Jar-Jar to crash the franchise with no survivors.
>>
Keep Rey the same in the begining but dont have her use any force powers like mindtrick/mindreading/forcepull. Only leave hints that she is force sensitive. Have her lose ti Ren at the end. Earthquake saves her instead of it saving Ren.
>>
>>64325173

Turn Rey more into NJO Jaina, make her uncertain but the type that is willing to do right thing even if it will cost her life, endear people to her through this character flaw, and mirror it against her brother just like the books.

It made Jaina edible enough in the books that you could stomach her even when you hated her .Especially when she is nearly killed every other battle or so.

And Jacen takes that and turns it up to 15 because hey, who needs 'self'
>>
>>64325197
This. A white woman lead is common as fuck. A black woman lead isn't that common at all.

I'd also make Finn Asian. Maybe transgender.
>>
Don't make it, period.

It's so obvious that Disney only wants to make more Star Wars movies so they can continue making literally millions of dollars a day. As bad as the prequels were, at least George had some passion and good ideas, despite how horribly he executed them.
>>
>>64325307
>Don't make it, period.

The only legit option.
>>
File: ezmode.png (21 KB, 1589x856) Image search: [Google]
ezmode.png
21 KB, 1589x856
>>64325173

That was hard.
>>
>>64325379
>now this is podracing!
>>
>>64325173
Edit for a slower pacing and character development
>>
>>64325307
>Don't make it, period.
/thread
>>
>>64325173
Make better music. Buy it back from Disney. More transitions between action scenes so you can have talking scenes.

Talking while fighting with sabers to reveal motivations. All they did was grimace and look at each other like the prequels . While that necessarily isn't bad, it's just that they had so much more potential to explore unanswered questions.

Basically, J J Abrams had no clear story in mind, and wanted to solely introduce it to fans and play it safe. He did not have the unique or artistic vision that Lucas sometimes had when making his movies.
>>
>>64325173
Bring back Jar Jar
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 540x284) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 540x284
Poe doesn't disappear 20 minutes into the film

Poe and Finn are now pals in space , doing space stuff . It's lethal weapon in space

They meet Ray
Now Poe pilots the millennium falcon...because the best pilot they have. Instead Ray just happening to be a great pilot also

Ray fights Kylo at the end. She does okay for a while but Kylo is going to eventually win. She backs off and a giant earth quake hits and she falls back

Kylo is about to press his advantage but Chewie shows up in falcon and she escapes

The rebel (?) army blows up the star killer base, this disables their ability to fire their weapon, it doesn't blow up their planet !

I'd say that should have had a part of the galaxy still loyal to the empire (like it didn't all fall at once when Sheev died). Then you could have it be like the Cold War between American and ussr (but in space)
Both sides have built massive Death Stars facing each other (similar to nuclear arms race)
But that is largely unnessacary

Also General Princess Leia organa-solo (skywalker) is big boss
>>
>>64325173
>have rey getting her shit pushed in with the fight with Kylo Ren
>disable the Starkiller base not destroy it
>tone it down with the references
>a little bit more explanation on the state with the republic since people are too fucking retarded to know whats going on
>>
If you gave it to me I'd look at Episode 3 as a starting point. Episode 3 is basically Faust: starring Anakin Skywalker who sells his soul to the Sith to try and save Padme, so I'd look at adapting another classic work. I really like Ibsen, but I don't know how I'd be able to expand any of those works into a galactic war film.

But regardless, that would be my starting point. Much like what happened to Lucas, I'd probably get shown the door and respectfully asked to leave.
>>
>>64325495
To accidentally kill Chewie.
Character development all the way
>>
>>64325307
George just wanted to sell more toys , it's why he kept on introducing different bad guys in each movie
>>
>>64325173
don't copy a new hope
>>
>>64325173

This is going to be hard work. I'll try to fix it with as few changes as possible.

Phasma out. She's replaced with some random Empire officer who is Finn's supervisor.

No stupid helmet marked with blood for Finn.

Finn doesn't just get a panic attack in the middle of the battle. Instead he gets ordered to kill some women and children and refuses to. Then back in the ship he's about to get on court for that and there's when he decides to escape.

Finn has actually got to earn some trust from the Resistance. They don't receive him with open arms.

Fuck this it's too difficult. Better start from zero.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.