[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's be honest, most people who like his (TM) films are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 220px-Knight_of_Cups_poster.jpg (16 KB, 220x325) Image search: [Google]
220px-Knight_of_Cups_poster.jpg
16 KB, 220x325
Let's be honest, most people who like his (TM) films are pretentious hipsters who will like anything that's perceived to be "different" or "experimental" in order to make themselves sound "hipper than thou". These people will spend hours discussing films like this and "The Tree of Life" with fellow hipsters, looking for all kinds of meaning in these films, when in fact it's just a random collection of images because TM can no longer be bothered to write a proper screenplay. They are narrow-minded people who (along with TM) forget that film is foremost an entertainment medium.
>>
I watched 10 minutes of this shit and turned it off. fuck tm
>>
>>64320390
>I am better than people who discuss films because I shitpost on /tv/
>>
>>64320390
>pretentious hipsters
this is how I know you don't even like film
why would your opinion matter if you don't even like film at all?
>>
>>64320537
this,

tv is dead and has been dead for a while
>>
>>64320390
>film is foremost an entertainment medium.
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>64320390
>writing is first and foremost a record keeping medium
>singing is first and foremost for imitating birds
>painting is first and foremost for religious icons
etc etc
>>
>>64320390
“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker
>>
>>64320390
>he watches for plot

Literally reddit: the viewer
>>
>>64320390
How fucking insecure OP, makes a real pleb.
>>
>>64320390
Why so insecure f.a.m? Can't conceive the fact that some of us are able to watch cinéma and derive intellectual pleasure of it?

>I watch films for muh entertainment

Kill yourself.
>>
There isn't anything experimental about Malick.

Tree of Life and Thin Red Line are god tier cinema.
>>
>>64322072
you are half correct
>>
If you can't find beauty in The Thin Red Line then I don't know what to tell you. His others movies, yeah I can understand if you don't like them.
>>
>>64322122
you are a complete faggot
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.