[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been getting into Mann recently, and I keep hearing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Blackhat-2015.jpg (247 KB, 1280x714) Image search: [Google]
Blackhat-2015.jpg
247 KB, 1280x714
I've been getting into Mann recently, and I keep hearing about how good/bad Blackhat is on /tv/. Is it worth a watch?
>>
Absolutely, but it's not his best work.
>>
>>64318875
blackhat being good is a meme
>>
>>64318954
Reddit: the post
>>
>>64318875

The script is ridiculous, but it's well-shot and the action scenes are very well-done
>>
If you like Mann, yes. Especially if you can appreciate his move to digital.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (32 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
32 KB, 1280x720
Cool, I'll check it out. One more question; any great asses in it?
>>
>>64318875
i didnt like it at all
>>
>>64318875
If you loved miami vice you'll definitely enjoy blackhat
>>
>>64318875
>I've been getting into Mann recently
Haha, fag.
>>
>>64319620
xD
>>
>>64318875

>Chris Hemsworth le elite haxx0r.
This got old with Swordfish already.
Too much bad acting, too many token characters. I watched it three times and still failed to enjoy it or engage with the story.
>>
>>64318875
It's definitely worth a watch, but it's not good. The cinematography, as with any Mann film, is enjoyable but the story, characters, and music is the very definition of mediocre and forgettable. It's a shit movie with a good style.
>>
>>64318875
The main character was inspired by pic related iirc

lol
>>
Just watch Miami Vice. Blackhat has some admirable work but its ideas are more interesting than the movie itself.

>>64319692
You're not supposed to engage with the story. Why would you watch it 3 times when you don't like it?
>>
if you can get through the first 10 minutes of Blackhat or Miami Vice you are a pleb
>>
>>64319897
The problem with Mann is that he doesn't have a sense of humor. He is the film equivalent of Joseph Conrad.

He looks at that pic and thinks: ''Great! Now I can make a movie about an action man that's also a hacker!'' instead of seeing any potential for developing an interesting and absurd character. A movie like this really should have been directed by someone like Herzog.
>>
Criticizing Blackhat for its ridiculous plot and unbelievable characters is like criticizing Beyond the Valley of the Dolls for being over the top.
>>
>>64320367
You're basically criticizing a film for what it's not. Herzog would play up the absurdy and the madness of absurdity, but just because Mann doesn't, doesn't mean he doesn't see it. Mann simply uses it differently. He's a more subtle filmmaker than Herzog.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.