[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw this for the first time. HOLY SHIT. How aren't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
File: index.jpg (9 KB, 171x254) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9 KB, 171x254
Just saw this for the first time. HOLY SHIT. How aren't more people talking about this? I feel like a new man.
>>
It's not easy to discuss because you don't want to tarnish it's message by missing the point. It's fucking amazing though and one of the most popular films of all time.

And check out memento if you haven't seen it.
>>
>>64316244

It really is an eye-opener. 10/10
>>
>>64316244
>>64316487
Hello reddit
>>
>>64316552
Reddit could use the advice in the movie. It's about being your own man: not following the depressing office structure or the fucking psycho Tyler Durden. It's more clear about this in the book.
>>
>>64316244
I just got done watching this. Was it good?
>>
>>64316244
>I feel like a new man.
Good for you, OP. In a few years you'll realize that these moments of enlightenment don't mean shit.
>>
>>64316244
You're not supposed to talk about it.
>>
>>64316594
But HE IS Tyler Durden
>>
I know this is bait, but it is a good movie. Greatest ever? Obviously not, but it's one of those that plebs rate highly, wanne-be patricians rate poorly, and true patricians rank highly. The biggest problem is the fan base. Many take the movie as this ultimate edgy display of "fuck authority, be a man", and so the movie is seen as this by many others. The movie is actually, as >>64316594 explained, about making your own decisions, and that anarchy against corporations is as harmful as the corporations themselves. Of course, this is the base meaning, there are other themes in there, but on top of all that, it's a fun movie with good acting and direction.
>>
>>64316244
>I feel like a new man.

well you're not
>>
movies killed by their fanbase for 500
>>
>>64316244
I hope you get it the message, and didn't ignored the irony of the people going from corporative slaves to slaves of some terrorist.
Like this guy said>>64316594
In the end Sebastian(the real name of the protagonist, which is told in fight club 2) learns the fact he is going to get in charge of his life, and he is not going to let Tyler live his life for him, in a society like this the way to prove you manliness is not fighting or killing people, or buying it, it's doing what you want and you guiding your life, not other.
Sebastian went from having his body controlled by the society to Tyler, in the end he accepts he wants to start a life with Marla, and he wants to be in charge of him.
>>
It's THE movie for today's beta white bois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfipIzr4JXE
>>
>>64316826
No, it's scarface for white people
>>
>>64316552
>responding to pasta

you FUCK
>>
>>64316244
The way I met this movie was awesome. I was looking for Spiderman torrents. I found one, downloaded and them was this movie. I asked a friend if worth watch that thing and he said I should. Awesome! They named Fight Club as Spiderman and distributed. Tyler style.
>>
The first time I saw I was obsessed. Went on a Brad Pitt movie binge after.
>>
>>64316244
Se7en is better
>>
>>64317162
Eh it was decent
>>
>>64317162
Snatch is Pitts best, and much better than fight club. Fight club is matrix tier... a decent movie you watch once and then never have a desire to see again, yet was huge for their 5 minutes.
>>
>>64316244
>How aren't more people talking about this?
uhm its 15 years old?
>>
How do you faggots think that the message isn't to listen to Tyler? Tyler is the truth. He goes too far, but that's way better than not going anywhere at all.
>>
The movie is a great analogy for 4chan/Reddit.
>>
>>64316244
Rule #1, cockfuck.
>>
>>64316244
Because its angsty teenage garbage
>>
>>64319951
>nimrods one iota more intelligent than stupid teenagers think they've 'grown out' of Fight Club when really they never understood it and are still no closer to understanding it
>>
>>64319902

Reddit is the narrator.
Tyler is 4chan.

The message is get the fuck off the internet.
>>
>>64319849
Tyler is ego, jack/john/sebastian/whatever thinks because his ego set him free from his monotonous life that it should be his guiding focus, which causes it to become cancerous, he then regains control when he shoots himself in the face.
>>
>>64320045
I think he meant the club, and raids and "muh hackedivists" as project mayhem
>>
>>64316244
You thought the first time was good? Now go watch it the second, it gets a whole lot better once you know the twist!
>>
>>64316244
Because it's 16 years old and has been discussed to death.

This is like going on /a/ and asking why more people aren't talking about Cowboy Bebop.
>>
>ITT: it's 1999
Anyone heard of this new kung-fu movie called The Matrix or something? All my Usenet bros are saying it's going to be shit.
>>
>>64317831
Snatch has nothing on Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrells, but it's a decent film.

Inglorious Basterds is his best film and best performance and I don't even care if I come off as a memelord.
>>
>>64320645

>discussed to death

literally one thread about this film right now.

as if cinema is somehow made irrelevant by being old.

THE CRAZIEST THING IS HOW YOUNG THIS FILM LOOKS
>>
>I feel like a new man.

That's just because you're going through puberty.
>>
>>64316822
Sebastian is just the identity he assumes in order to live a normal life with Stella. You know, cause he's a wanted criminal?
>>
>>64321276
Shit, I mean Marla. It's been a while since I saw the movie, and I haven't been up ti date with the comic.
>>
>>64317831
>a decent movie you watch once and then never have a desire to see again, yet was huge for their 5 minutes.
Everything you said is wrong.

First of all, both movies are incredibly rewatchable, second, you're obviously in high school or you'd know that Fight Club was a flop when it came out
>>
>>64321071
>Right now
That's because everybody saw it 15 years ago
>>
>>64320229
Tyler and Fight Club areId, I Am Jack is Ego. The coping groups are Superego
>>
>>64316789
that's our daily double
>>
This movie makes me think of Siddhartha. Anyone else?
>>
File: E.G..jpg (26 KB, 570x359) Image search: [Google]
E.G..jpg
26 KB, 570x359
>>64317831
Pitt's best performance is Early Grayce in Kalifornia.
>>
>>64316244
Because the FIRST fookin' rule, stop talking about or it will become cancer.
>>
>>64321431
Yeah, the whole think it's inspired by buddhist shit.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.