[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of Villeneuve ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
What do you think of Villeneuve ?
>>
>>64307116
Terrible director void of any and all directorial style or vision, meaning, he is far from being auteur an interesting film maker with something to say.

At best he should work as an editor or writer for Lifetime shows.

Never made a good film and his latest /v/ideogame movie Sicario is pure horse shit on level of Nolan where you have no humans or characters, just narrative mouthpieces and shitty cinematography from autopilot Deakins that Villeneuve failed to put to use.
>>
>>64307183
epic
>>
Prisoners > Enemy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sicario
>>
The Sam Mendes of our generation
>>
>>64307386
Now that's plebbish.

>>64307116
I think he can save Bladerunner
>>
>>64307792
>Villeneuve
>Saving anything
Please watch more movies all of his movies have been ranging from bad to really bad.

Even old man Scott would do better.

Should've put Refn there in the helm desu.
>>
Knows how to create tension from nothing. Would love to see him try make a horror movie
>>
>>64307116
>>64307183
>>64307255
>>64307386
>>64307760
>>64307792
>>64307830
>>64307851

Des negres de 4chan qui parle d'un réalisateur Québébois....j'aurai tout vue, pellerin...
>>
Enemy was best film of 2014.

Enemy >> Prisoners >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shitcario
>>
>>64307830
Refn and Gosling in a new Bladerunner. The autism.
>>
>>64307830
There's always this one guy.
>>
>>64308042
Yeah I'm not sorry I don't care of fedoracore garbage.
>>
File: operator.jpg (208 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
operator.jpg
208 KB, 1920x1080
>>64307183
>>64307386
>>64307830
>>64307895

Nothing will make sense to your american ears
>>
Seeing Enemy made me go from 0 to 100 in Blade Runner hype over night
>>
>>64308068
Eyy is da epic oberdaor maymay :D

Family get kill.

***wait for it***

I AM BECOME MEXICAN STEVEN SEAGULL

boom boom revenge COWADUUTY

>Who here like Korean revenge
>>
>>64308066
Tipped
>>
>>64308093
>Seeing a Lifetime movie made me hyped for Blade Runner 2.

Reddit
>>
Incendies, Enemy and Prisoners are great.
Sicario is not as good but still pretty good.
Very promising director, I'm actually exited for the Blade Runner sequel because of him
>>
Only seen Enemy, I usually can't stomach this sort of movies, but it turned out to be quite interesting.
So I guess he's ok?
>>
>>64308227
>Incendies
pretendNolan garbage.

>Enemy
pretendLynch garbage but he doesn't understand absolutely nothing of what makes Lynch insight to sexuality interesting so he tries to ape it with complete memes like Spider invasion!111!

>Prisoners
Roger Deakins movie.
>Sicario
Roger Deakins movie.

>Promising director
into the trash
>>
>and yet so much of what happens in Sicario is so silly it’s hard to tell if we’re dealing with a directorial savant—someone who’s preternaturally gifted at one key aspect of filmmaking and oblivious to others—or a kind of insidious cynicism willfully committed to those medium-cool textures at the expense of other considerations
>>
>>64308227
is Incendies similar to the rest of his movies or? Because I have a feeling it isn't but maybe I'm missing a good movie for nothing
>>
>>64308295
Your /v/ brain wouldn't get it. There are no fat Steven Seagals there playing Call of Duty memes for you. It has foreign actors and non-English actors.

It is better for everyone if you don't watch it.
>>
A month ago everyone was praising this guy and Sicario.

I thought it was pretty good. Even Enemy was interesting although I felt pretty wtf by the end of it.
>>
>>64308370
why the rant lol. My native language isn't English so yeah.
What is a similar movie to Incendies so I can atleast know what mood to be in? Something like The Pianist?
>>
>>64308617
Incendies is Nolan movie and that's spoiler enough for you.
>>
VILLENEUVE MAKES EXCELLENT HIGH QUALITY MOVIES TO FILL AN ACCESSIBLE NEED IN THE MARKET BETWEEN ART HOUSE AND BLOCKBUSTER

IN A FULLPLEB SHITSCAPE OF CAPESHIT STARSHIT AND ASSORTED OTHER GARBAGE FLICKS, ANY TIME VILLENEUVE PUTS OUT A MOVIE ITS SOMETHING YOU WANT TO WATCH

HIS TEAMUP WITH DEAKINS AS OF LATE MAKES THEM A FORMIDABLE DUO, THEIR BLADE RUNNER IS GONNA BE IMPRESSIVE
>>
>>64307116
Prisoners and Sicario are good
>>
File: 1399332638149.png (158 KB, 709x636) Image search: [Google]
1399332638149.png
158 KB, 709x636
>>64308735
There's nothing 'art house' about his movies. He isn't auteur, he isn't making any messages with his movies.

Fucking Bay is more of an auteur than Villeneuve so far.

>Wanting to watch second rate copycat filtered through Deakins shit-o-graphy
lol
>>
>>64308265
Okay you don't like him now go back to Reddit
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 1023x566) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 1023x566
>>64308147
>Trying this hard to shit on Villeneuve
Seriously op, the joke is over, you can move to a new thread to shitpost there.
>>
think i might be the only person on the planet who thinks polytechnique is his best movie
>>
File: descent into hell.webm (3 MB, 1300x540) Image search: [Google]
descent into hell.webm
3 MB, 1300x540
>>64308799
>THIS SAME BUTTHURT VILLENEUVE HATER

KEK

>DEAKINS IS SHITOGRAPHY

LOLO
>>
>>64309146
Yeah I'd rather watch a movie that makes go in awe than Villeneuve's shitty Deakins movie that makes me 'yup that sure is staged and boring '

Deakins isn't bad when he doesn't have to literally do the movie (Prisoners, Spicario) - see TAOJJBTCRF or NCFOM.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.