[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So in all honesty why isn't this highly dangerous weapon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: sabdf.jpg (696 KB, 2576x1932) Image search: [Google]
sabdf.jpg
696 KB, 2576x1932
So in all honesty why isn't this highly dangerous weapon only operated for those who can use the force?

The force should be the only thing that would allow the blade to appear while the held can maintain it but the only way for it to work should be the force.

Since that's not the case anyone can just pick this weapon up and cause serious damage to themselves and others.

(Let's pretend the prequels don't apply here and 5 year olds aren't playing with mini lightsabers).

Why would the Jedi who have strict guidelines on their beliefs and roles have this weapon be available? Sure it's easy to say one can create a saber but if it were forced powered only rogue Jedi's or sith's would be able to operate it.

Just think it was an oversight story wise.
>>
Reddit
>>
Touch ID sensors are hard to make on your own
>>
>>64300155
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.
>>
>>64300155
Is that a real life lightsaber or a screenshot from the movies? I thought they were cgi?
>>
>>64300155
It's not like you can just by this shit at the nearest corner drugstore, this shit's a crafted weapon, you need like crystals or some shit (or in the Sith's case, create your own red one.)
>>
why are you this autistic about a menial piece of children's fantasy fiction?
>>
it doesnt make sense how even a force suer can use a lightsaber

regardless of if you want to call it a laser or plasma its super hot. hot enough to cut through droids like butter and in the PT the heat radiating from them melted a damn door when obi and any stuck their lightsabers into it

the temperature of them would have to be very high to cut through metal by melting it and they are not in a vacuum
>>
>>64300244
Looks like it was made by the good folks at SaberForge, my nigga. They're the biggest lightsaber salesmen I know of
>>
File: 1447807984586.png (90 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1447807984586.png
90 KB, 500x501
>>64300244
>>
>>64300155
For the time s when they are injured or inhibited in some way but an friend or comrade needs to use their weapon to aid them.
>>
Finding the materials for it and creating one requires expert level knowledge of the force.

It's also a very short range melee weapon in an era filled to the brim with missiles, laser guns, and force fields. Wielding it to maximum efficiency requires training in the force. Anyone but a Sith/Jedi would be far more effective in battle with conventional weaponry.
>>
>>64300280
Think it was something like it's "focused plasma or some shit. Meaning, the heat only applies when they're hitting something.
>>
>>64300198
Easier just to put the switch on the inside so you have to be able to use the force to activate it.
>>
>>64300155
In the EU there are Jedi who had the switch to activate their lightsaber inside the hilt so it could only be turned on using the Force.

My answer to your autistic question is that not everyone in a fictional universe thinks logically and from an external point of view like you do. Their mindset is probably not, "Lightsabers existing means people will fuck themselves up with lightsabers," but rather "This is our traditional weapon."

I don't know where you get the idea you can buy lightsabers at a grocery store, though, they're made from rare parts and the secrets to making them is a guarded Jedi tradition.
>>
>>64300155
>>64300306
Han and the Tauntaun
>>
>>64300155
If Rey gets Luke's based green light saber, I'll be so pissed.
>>
>>64300429
Why?
>>
>>64300544
Mary Sue doesn't deserve it
>>
>>64300411
>so rare every child in the academy had one a
>>
>>64300821
I didn't say they were rare, I said not everyone can buy one or make one.

There are rare fucking beanie babies for christ's sake.
>>
>>64300358
Yeah, but, um... Wouldn't the hot metal it's melting be, you know, hot?
>>
>>64300155
>Why would the Jedi who have strict guidelines on their beliefs and roles have this weapon be available?

To make epic scenes like this possible.
>>
>>64300155
It's not that hard to understand, on / off button. Point away from self. If the force is your prerequisite to comprehending and acting out step 1 and 2 then you have no hope.
>>
>>64301535
>chewie literally still has his blaster
>>
>>64300155

Because it has always just been "science fiction-flavored sword," and all the mystic shit was added post-hoc.

Fuck's sake, even the storm troopers were originally supposed to carry them.
>>
>>64300155
>regulating lightsabers
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
>>64301737
not canon.
>>
>>64301535
fucken epic they all have light sabers!
>>
>>64301535
>Chewie fucking handling two lightsabers.
>Han with a green one.

Okay fuck Disney for making this non canon.
>>
>>64301737
And Luke was originally going to have a robot face.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.