[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please tell me there's a reason she is so good at using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 9
File: rey_bddd0f27.jpg (38 KB, 768x431) Image search: [Google]
rey_bddd0f27.jpg
38 KB, 768x431
Please tell me there's a reason she is so good at using the force and the lightsaber? Otherwise this character totally ruins the movie
>>
>>64298720
do you think the force reverse her down syndrome
>>
>>64298720
>Lightsaber
She was good with a staff so I imagine she definetly can transfer those skills

>force and mindtricks

Fuck if I know
>>
File: image.png (35 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.png
35 KB, 700x700
>>64298720
Very original point, OP.
>>
>>64298720
She was trained by Luke at a young age and either him or Kylo wiped her memory and put her on Jakku to protect her from Snookie.
>>
>>64298720
>le "I find this part of the space wizards and aliens fighting with glowing dicks to be totally implausible" man
>>
MARY SUE
A
R
Y

S
U
E
>>
She looks too clean for someone who lives in a desert and scavenges a lot from fallen starships.

Where does she even poop?
>>
>>64298775
ok I was hoping this was true, but how did she totally know nothing about the Jedi and then remember to do mind tricks? Confused
>>
>>64298815
IN LOO
>>
>>64298815
>Where does she even poop?

in the sand, her butt gets sandy from it though
>>
She's the product of genetic force concentration through selective breeding. Two force-sensitive parents.
>>
>>64298826
You retards, right before that she got into Kylo's mind.
>You're afraid you'll never be as powerful as DARTH VADER
That's when she into mind shit.
>millennial reading comprehension
>>
>>64298826
I'm assuming that the classic Jedi mind trick Obi-Wan pulls in ANH is a classic fairytale type act in the Star Wars universe and after realizing she had force powers she decided to try it since she was basically fucked anyways.
>>
>>64298853
who the fuck's her second parent then? she inbred?
>>
>>64298853
but we told you to bear only sons to the Skywalkers.
>she is the kwisatz haderach
>>
>>64298749
>She was good with a staff so I imagine she definetly can transfer those skills
See that's obviously what they went for, but I fail to see how you can transfer that much skill between a staff and a sword that you cant even put upon/slide on any part of your body (because that's a big part of fighting with a staff)
At least not to the point where you can go toe-to-toe with someone versed in that very particular way of fighting.
And people say she was trained, but I doubt she got far into her training before being dumped on Tatooine 2 at, what, 4 years old?
>>
>>64298919
See
>>64298775
>>
>>64298919
the idea is clearly that she's VERY force sensitive, like potentially one of the most powerful jedi ever
>>
>>64298885
Yes. After they realized she was a retarded inbred fuck they ditched her on a dirty backwater desert planet.
>>
>>64298937
Or >>64298780
>>
>>64298937
>And people say she was trained, but I doubt she got far into her training before being dumped on Tatooine 2 at, what, 4 years old?
Im sure they train 4 years old to mind rape and fight with lightsaber
>>
>>64298993
Jedi start their training around 5-6 years old.
>>
>>64298993
That youngling in III was pretty badass and almost made it to Jimmy Smit's hooptie
>>
>>64299039
is that CANON or some EU bullshit?
>>
>>64298885
we dont know her mother. thats a mystery that will probably be solved later. Luke is obvs her father and so he may even tell her who the mother is. But I really cant think of any other women who were force users or powerful...
>>
>>64299039
Do they start by mind rape and weapon manipulation?
>>
>>64299070
how come folks didn't know that Luke had a daughter? and why would he hide her instead of bringing her with him? wouldn't he be the best person to protect her?
>>
>>64299055
Nah you see it in the prequels. Remember Anakin was first thought to be too old to learn.
>>
/tv/ Star Wars autism thread no. 48447473626
>>
She Luke's daughter. They reveal in next movie
>>
>>64299070
>we dont know her mother

1. Rogue One heroine
2. some new iteration of Mara Jade
3. some other force-sensitive chick whose story will be for another time

9000. not a Skywalker/Solo
9001. created through midichlorians
9002. someone else's daughter
>>
>>64298720

>lightsaber skills
She clearly has some pretty decent combat training to begin with. She has been able to stand her own for some time. If anything, she sucked at using a gun. Her aim was shit, but using a staff or sword? She's pretty damn good.

But she wasn't impossibly good during the fight. Remember, she got BTFO at the start, and was running away for half the fight when she came to.

>the force
Two possibilities:
1. She is the child of Luke Skywalker, so she probably has some already innate skills with the Force. Compare this to Kylo, who is the product of a Jedi who didn't fully learn the way of the Force and a non-Jedi.

2. She's just that good, and Star Wars thriving off of the heroic writing of the hero saving the day.

>>64298885
We don't know who her mother is. Originally, Luke would go off to marry and knock up Mara Jade, who was a Jedi herself. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep around, even after the book canon was abandoned.

Mara being Rei's mother would certainly explain where Rei got that accent.
>>
>>64299122
HE HID HER BECAUSE SHES AN INCEST BABY
>>
>>64299070
There's a good chance that she was just Luke's student and not his daughter. Jedi aren't supposed to have romantic relationships because it's distracting from their training. But knowing Luke, he could have either been 100% faithful to the code or tried to start a completely new order.
>>
>>64299186
>Her aim was shit
Did you miss that part she killed 3 Stormtroopers?
>>
>>64299122
>and why would he hide her instead of bringing her with him?

Probably because he was running from the First Order and wasn't sure if he would even survive. Either that or Kylo was the one who hid her because he knew that Snoke would try to take her as apprentice due to being the highest potential Force user.
>>
>>64299186
>who was an Emperor's Hand and Dark Jedi herself.
>>
>>64298959
What an interesting movie that will make
>oh no the notempire sent 4 star destroyers against us
>don't worry the force just told me to shoot there and they'll all crash against each other
>>
>>64299241
stormtroopers are literally nothing but cannon fodder though
>>
File: Reyvan.png (2 MB, 1918x1063) Image search: [Google]
Reyvan.png
2 MB, 1918x1063
>>
>>64298720
She's obviously a Skywalker and all of the films have routinely been about Skywalkers being really good at the Force, from Luke getting inside a starfighter for the first time in his life and using it to nail a shot that even a targeting computer couldn't make in one try unassisted, to Anakin winning a fucking podrace and being deemed Force Jesus enough for Liam Neeson to bet his entire mission on him and then him using a naboo starfighter to blow up a Trade Federation battle station, to Rey using basic, entry level Force powers that even bottom tier Jedi are capable of and defeating a critically wounded, mentally unstable, not-fully-trained dark jedi in a saber battle.

Stop thinking that the ability to use the Force is a fucking power level like in Bleach or Dragon Ball Z. The Force isn't about HOW MUCH TRAINING = HOW MUCH POWER LEVEL, it's about believing in it, embracing it, and learning moral responsibility with the powers it confers, you fucking mouthbreathers.

Go back to jacking off over nostalgia-poodoo like KOTOR if you think the Force is about feats and levels, you won't be missed.
>>
>>64299244
no it can't be Kylo that hid her, he would've been like 10 years old when she was hidden away on desert planet place
>>
>>64299260
Nice mental gymnastics waifunigger, her aim was clearly flawless as portrayed in the movie
>>
>>64299241
She still missed half the time. Plus, it's kind of hard to miss that human shaped white object standing in a field of color.

>>64299248
Right. Then again, that'd probably be dropped in the new canon IF they decide to incorporate Mara Jade in any form.
>>
>>64299310
that's how it goes with everybody though
>>
>>64299260
Perhaps, but doesnt it mean her aim was actually really good?
But I guess Luke also trained her to use blasters though...
>>
>>64299304
Kylo is in his late twenties, if she was one of Luke's apprentices then when she was 8 Kylo would have been ~18 since he's supposed to be 10 years older than her.
>>
>>64299310
>Forgot to turn the safety off
>Shot rocks around the Stormtroopers once or twice
>Shot at Kylo Ren thinking it would do anything
>Proceeded to get BTFO

Clearly flawless.
>>
>>64299335
She never became a Jedi until she married Luke and gave birth to Ben "Absolutely OP" Skywalker.

t. Star Wars "expert"
>>
>>64298720
kylo's a double agent and used a force trick to subconsciously teach her enough force powers to escape.
>>
>>64299284
he used to bulls eye womp rats in his t-16
>>
>>64299310
Did you miss the part where she can't even figure out how to use a fucking gun?
>>
>>64298720
>Please tell me there's a reason she is so good at using the force
Literally no fucking reason.

>and the lightsaber?
She was good playing with the stick
>>
>>64299284
Luke Skywalker was training and leveling up hard when he was with Yoda though. And you can clearly see his massive leveling that happened across the three episodes of the OT
>>
>>64298749
She learned that she was strong in the force from Ren and then did a mindtrick after watching him attempt one on her.

How is she so proficient so quickly? It's pretty clear that there will be answers regarding that in the next film.
>>
>>64299382
Nah, I'll admit that I barely know shit about post-original trilogy novels. I just vaguely know OF Mara Jade.

I'm just say IF they use her character, they probably won't bother giving her any other backstory then, "Oh, hey. Luke bumped into some chick who had the Force."
>>
>>64299432
Everything that I listed that Luke did happened long before meeting Yoda, INCLUDING grabbing his lightsaber on Hoth in the wampa cave using the Force.
>>
>>64298720

She's a darkside user. Don't need any real training for that. Getting gud with a lightsaber? Just like Luke's final duel with vader. Luke used the darkside to overwhelm him. If there's any point for a plothole, the darkside of the force did it.
>>
>>64299475
that stuff doesn't compare to Rey beating Carlos Ben in the duel
>>
>>64298720
>Please tell me there's a reason she is so good at using the force and the lightsaber?

-She's possibly has Skywalker blood
or
-She had training before Luke mind wiped her and was awakened when Kylo tried to see into her mind
>>
File: Vaderchoke.jpg (46 KB, 370x251) Image search: [Google]
Vaderchoke.jpg
46 KB, 370x251
>>64299284
>The Force isn't about HOW MUCH TRAINING = HOW MUCH POWER LEVEL
The most retarded post of the year.
>>
>>64299504
Kyle Ben Affleck isn't that good.
>>
because she's a uniquely sensitive person to the force

why the fuck does there have to be some royal blood nerdspiracy
>>
We don't need answers, jj will brush everything off and 1 billion cock sucking assholes will go along with it.
>>
>>64299284
>The Force isn't about HOW MUCH TRAINING = HOW MUCH POWER LEVEL, it's about believing in it, embracing it, and learning moral responsibility with the powers it confers, you fucking mouthbreathers.
Actually, it's more like HOW MUCH BELIEF + HOW MUCH TRAINING = HOW MUCH POWER LEVEL. This is touched on frequently in the original trilogy as well as in Force Awakens.

You should probably grasp the basic concepts of the series before hauling off and calling people mouthbreathers.

PS: Shitting on KOTOR and using the phrase "poodoo"? Really? God, I fucking hate Star Wars fans.
>>
>>64299626
so was Luke Skywalker but he sucked at first
>>
>>64298720
Probably pulling a KotOR. Kind of. She was probably previously trained (probably by Luke), and had her memory wiped for some reason that'll be explored.

Or she's a Mary Sue. I'm hoping it's the first thing.
>>
>>64299504
Kylo got shot by Chewbacca's super hyper ultimate mega bowcaster that completely obliterated his torso before fighting Rey.
>>
>>64299681
>but he sucked at first
no
>>
>>64299664
Belief comes through training as well.
>>
>>64299504
what is everyones deal with that duel? She can swing around sword because she uses a staff. It's not that much different.

kylo was 99% drained. He's a novice anyway and has little control over himself. He killed his father which emotionally drained him then got shot with a blaster that was literally shown to throw troopers 10 feet back.

It was probably a combination of underestimating her and being generally tired as all fuck plus rey being somewhat of a natural.

like why is this so fucking hard to wrap your fucking heads around
>>
Ok, but if she's so amazingly talented, like one of the greatest ever possibly, why'd she had to be mind swiped and hidden away? Shouldn't she have been able to take on Kyle Zen herself?
>>
>>64299701
And FInn TOTALLY wore him down some, like loosening a pickle jar before someone else comes along and opens it.
>>
>>64299741
The problem is she had 0 training, JJ could had established that she had a bit of it like Ren but for some reason he didn't.
>>
>>64299820
but possibly she was trained into early adulthood and had a total mind-swipe and forgot everything like the main character from KOTOR 1
>>
>>64299504
Why do you think Kylo Ren is good with a lightsaber?

I'm being serious. Where in the film does anyone say he's a gifted duelist? I don't see why Luke would've trained him in lightsaber combat and I don't think Snoke would've had a lot of time, so he's probably only got a few years of it, and he's never fought any serious adversaries like Darth Maul or something, he's just murdered some inexperienced disciplines of Luke with the help of his Knights of Ren, and I doubt they put up any resistance. Shit, I doubt most of the Jedi he killed even had fucking lightsabers, considering even Ren's lightsaber is all weird and fucked up like a retard made it.

So explain to me where you get the idea that Kylo Ren is such a master of the lightsaber that even while wounded, bleeding out, and facing incredible pain from his injuries and emotional trauma from murdering his dad, he'd still easily dispatch someone else in a fight using laser swords that are still super lethal even in an idiot's hands?

Give me one thing from the film or the novelization that proves that Kylo Ren is a remarkably talented lightsaber duelist. A direct quote.
>>
>>64298720
Rey is a sleeper agent for the Sith.
Kylo's "interrogation" activated her to her primary objective.

The Force Awakens and the fact that Rey is from another dessert planet is a Dune reference and a hint to her hidden abilities and purpose.
>>
>>64299951
Kyle just ought to be much better, since he's older and has been training for so much longer and that's like her first time ever using a lightsaber
>>
>>64299851
Except Revan was powerful as fuck and he still had to undergo training to regain his abilities (even though he did not take him long to remaster them he still needed to be taught). She just all of sudden remembers and is lel ebin badass force user.
>>
>>64298720
She let the force control her actions in the lightsaber duel, partially.
>>
Just got out of seeing it the second time.

Had some feminist college age girls behind me on the way out talking about how the original trilogy had no women who did any fighting and that they were sexist movies.

Like, holy shit, the rebel alliance is run by women, leia is constantly doing stuff, you see at least one female pilot.
>>
>>64300008
Oh? How old is Kylo Ren?

How old is Rey?

How long has Kylo Ren been training in lightsaber combat?

Answer these three fucking questions or I'll put your argument in the trash where it belongs.
>>
>>64300067
he's 30ish, she's 20ish, he's been training since he was a wee lad and studied under Luke Skywalker
>>
>>64299951
Well to be fair siths seem to be more skilled using the force than wielding lightsabers so you have a point there.
>>
>>64300062
remember that those girls and people who think like them are now being pandered to by mainstream hollywood
>>
>>64300096
[citation needed]
>>
>>64300199
the source is my ass
>>
Kylo is a double agent. He bent his lightsaber around Han. Han is alive. Leia knew this would happen and had Lando setup a way to save him once he fell. Kylo will be defeat Snooki in the end to end this trilogy.
>>
I am sick of this argument that "Hurr Rey was trained too that is why she beat Kylo" if that were true she was training when she was like 5 that would have made her a youngling when her training stopped. Oh but I forgot that younglings are ebin powerful it is not like one fully trained jedi could take on 20 of em at once huh? *cough* Anakin *cough*. Besides do you guys even remember younglings training in the prequels? Their training consists of reflecting lasers (at a very slow pace) ala Luke in ANH and fucking story-time with Yoda.
>>
>>64300104
Before the prequels, the most notable Sith Lord literally didn't even seem to own a lightsaber. He not only exclusively used the Force to murder people, but he also made remarks that seemed to diminish the lightsaber, such as, "Take your Jedi weapon, strike me down." What the fuck, why does he call it a Jedi weapon if he wields one, too?

Just seems to me that the assumption that Kylo Ren is some high level dark jedi is a big mistake. Be happy it's not another Maul or Vader, appreciate that we're not looking at lightsaber gymnastics anymore and not taught to accept that Yoda can backflip around lightsabering people because "he's the highest level Jedi in the academy."
>>
I thought she pretty much carried the movie. Didn't care for the Finn character.
>>
2 0 1 5

C O M E O N
O
M
E
O
N
>>
>>64300262
I agree, I liked her alot. Finn was annoying and dumb. Movie still has massive plotholes though
>>
An untrained Luke deflected blaster shots with his eyes covered on the second try and took out the Death Star with his aimbot off during his first X-Wing flight. He's the true Mary Sue. You're just mad that Kylo is a complicated, somewhat pathetic character instead of a generic badass villain like Vader.
>>
>>64300062
>Had some feminist college age girls behind me on the way out talking about how the original trilogy had no women who did any fighting and that they were sexist movies.

Welcome to modern day feminism, where the facts are made up and the truth doesn't matter.
>>
>>64298720
she's used her fucking spear/polearm her whole life, pretty much. so, she's experienced with melee weapons. Regarding the force, she isn't good at using it, she just has a lot of raw power. I mean, it should be expected that shes powerful with the force, she's Luke's daughter
>>
>>64300262
Finn and Poe are plot devices, Rey and Ren are the main characters.

SJW will get BTFO when Finn gets murdered in VIII.
>>
>>64300032
What exactly did she do that was lelbadass, exactly? She mind tricked one shitty stormtrooper and beat a dying guy in a laser sword fight. By contrast, Luke basically destroyed an evil space station with the force after a small amount of training while his entire squadron died around him.

>>64300250
STOP USING THE WORD "EBIN" YOU STUPID PIECE OF FUCK
>>
>>64300380
i'll be btfo if that happens. fin and poe are the biggest broes since han and chewie. bros gotta stay together.
>>
>>64300418
Mind manipulation isn't your basic shit. In fact Luke learns to use it after Empire Strikes back.

At this point who even cares the damage is done and JJ is out of the series.
>>
She has plenty of training. She was one of the padawans that Luke was training when Kylo went berserk and started his rampage. Luke (or somebody else) wiped her mind and hid her, so that Luke would not be the only Jedi in the entire galaxy.
>>
>>64300380
Rey and Ren are definitely the leads for now, but I think Finn will definitely play a bigger role, especially since he was basically the one responsible for "THE AWAKENING".
>>
>>64300461
It isn't, but Ren outright said that she was more powerful than she knew in the force and attempted to mind trick her. She then took what she'd learned from watching and used it on the stormtrooper. He basically sabotaged himself.

She's highly force-sensitive and reacted very strongly to the lightsaber, so it makes sense that she'd be able to poke her way through that after watching Ren do it.
>>
>>64300536
Anon you'll have to face that no matter how force-sensitive you are you still need training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUKGTkiWik
>>
>>64300418
> By contrast, Luke basically destroyed an evil space station with the force after a small amount of training while his entire squadron died around him.

How many times do people have to spell it out for you stupid Disney shills. If it weren't for Obi-wan's force ghost guiding him and it weren't for Han swooping in and fending off Vader Luke would have died like the rest of his squadron

Rey also fucking mentally blocked a superior force user and got into his head. Also you do not know how long Luke was training with that laser droid thing. It could have been days. Plus Oooo he blocked two laser shots big fucking whoop. If he were Rey he would have killed Vader on her first try because she was trained 20 years ago for like a week.

Now go cuck yourself you ebin twat.
>>
>>64300418
>Luke basically destroyed an evil space station with the force
I think it's you thatkeeps saying this exact thing, for weeks, but he just aimed while trusting the force, he didn't destroy anything with the force.
>>
>>64300603
Says who?

Anakin won a pod race and blew up a space station on accident. Liam Neeson said to his mother Shmi and I quote, "He sees things before they happen... it's a Jedi trait."

So clearly you DO NOT need Jedi training to possess Jedi traits or use Jedi powers, if you have natural aptitude for the Force.
>>
>>64300616
>How many times do people have to spell it out for you stupid Disney shills. If it weren't for Obi-wan's force ghost guiding him and it weren't for Han swooping in and fending off Vader Luke would have died like the rest of his squadron
oh right what he did was easy for an ordinary guy who's never been in a starfighter before to do, the Force had nothing to do with it

The entire point of that scene and Obi-Wan's guidance was to convince him to trust in the Force. Obi-Wan didn't do it for him, or else we watched Luke get a medal for something an old ghost did for him.

Nigga wait are you seriously trying to argue Obi-Wan made that shot? Like seriously nigga?
>>
>>64300616
>disney shills
>go cuck yourself you ebin twat
I'm not even going to dignify your "IRONIC MEMES XD" bullshit with a response.

Why haven't you hung yourself already?

Also "Obi-Wan's force ghost guiding him"... Obi-Wan said "USE THE FORCE LUKE", not "I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE TO SHOOT LUKE". Shut the fuck up.

>>64300657
Nah, I haven't been on /tv/ in months. He aimed while trusting in the force, yes, but he was still able to do it without a targeting computer which should have been nigh-on impossible, especially for someone who had never flown that specific type of ship before. Even if he used to bullseye womp rats.
>>
>>64300703
>Nigga

Oh wait your black that explains why you cannot into logic. If it weren't Obi-Wan telling him to use the force Luke probably would have used his auto-targeting system like they guy before him and missed. Huge difference between Luke and Rey right there. Obi-Wan has to tell him to trust his instincts and rely on his faith in the force whereas Rey would have probably just known without anyone telling her. Because she don't need no Force Ghost and she do not need no man telling her what to do.
>>
>>64300657
So Luke can let the Force guide him to making nigh-impossible-for-a-computer shots and it's ok, but Rey can't let the Force guide her to mentally manipulate an idiot and beat a dying space KKK member in a fight with super-lethal-in-anyone's-hands laser swords?

You know I made a post about a week ago re: Luke blowing up space stations and other arguments and now I am seeing them everywhere so it's definitely not just me spreading this logic around, and I'm also not the guy you were replying to. I'm starting to get the impression this isn't about your perception of how the Force works but rather that you're just butthurt a "badass dark jedi man" lost to a woman, like it hurt your ego or something. I mean holy shit wow a bad guy lost to a good guy, what a shocking turn of events.
>>
>>64300799
Rey literally just had a heart to heart with Han Solo earlier that day about how the Force is real.

Luke had a targeting computer, he had options, Obi-Wan needed to guide him.

Rey had nothing. She was bound and had one option, learn to use the magic powers she recently learned exist and might be in her to save her life.

Stop crying. Obi-Wan didn't do shit to help Luke during the trench run other than set him on the right path. Jesus didn't take the wheel.
>>
>>64300777
No but like I said if it weren't for Obi-Wan telling him to trust his instincts and place his faith in the force he would have used his auto-targeting computer and fucking missed like the guy before him. I swear niggers like you are fucking dumb. It is sad that I can tell you are black from here. You just as obnoxious and just as stupid as talking to a ghetto black irl.
>>
>>64300418
That's a shitty ass argument, all Luke did was use it to aim one torpedo, and he had to get his ass saved by Wedge and Han during the entire trench run. He also barely used his lightsaber at all, except to deflect those blaster bolts from that droid (which he fucked up at anyways). He doesn't do that against an actual opponent until episode 6

Rey overpowered someone twice who was clearly more experienced in the force than she was and trained under Luke; once with the mindprobing and another time with the force pull. To contrast Luke could barely do the force pull at all during Episode 5 and couldn't mindtrick anyone until Episode 6, even though he was introduced to the concept of mindtricking during Episode 4. Their development of the force isn't even remotely comparable.
>>
>>64300836
Except learning the force on your own would have taken years not fucking minutes. Even Luke who had two powerful Jedi training him took awhile to fucking learn basic shit and he was the son of the fucking chosen one. SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY DUMB NIGGER!!
>>
>>64300890
>That's a shitty ass argument, all Finn did was briefly mind control one stormtrooper, and she had to get her ass saved by Finn and Chewie's bowcaster during the events leading to the destruction of Starkiller Base.
>>
>>64300890
Too add to this Luke struggled to effectively force pull his lightsaber on Hoth it took him a few tries. Rey not only got it in one try she out-force pulled another force user.
>>
>>64300847
And if Ren hadn't fucked up, told Rey that she was strong in the force, and then tried to mind trick her, she wouldn't have known how to mind trick anyone. Obi-Wan guided him, but Luke was still strong enough in the force to do it.

>I swear niggers like you are fucking dumb. It is sad that I can tell you are black from here. You just as obnoxious and just as stupid as talking to a ghetto black irl.
Swing and a miss, bitchboy. If you're trolling, you're being an edgy moron. If you're serious, you're being an edgy moron. You sound like an edgy lower-middle-class white faggot who lives at home, spends too much time on /pol/, and probably admins an "ironic memes" page on Facebook.

Seriously, again: Why haven't you hung yourself yet? I'm honestly waiting for an answer. Or for you to just leave and do it.
>>
When did rey learn wookie? Seriously, wtf was that?
>>
>>64300955
You are a huge fucking idiot. Luke saw Obi-Wan do the Jedi mind trick too that does not mean he learned it automatically you dumb nigger. Just because you see someone do something does not mean you know how to do it too. Someone has to break it down for you and explain the process to you. Do you not know how education/learning works? Fuck I am surprised you can even read.
>>
>>64300941
She didn't just mindtrick though, she was objectively better at the force than Kylo even though Kylo trained under Luke for years, after just figuring out the force was real like half an hour ago. She was also magically skilled with a lightsaber even though she never used one before. Also, you mixed up Finn with Rey. Also, Rey didn't need to be rescued because she basically saved herself anyways.
>>
>>facepalm x 9999
Using a giant iron dildo does not equate to swordsmanship, especially against someone who's had swordfighting experience (which Kylo Baggins obviously had, if not probable actual training with it)
Melee weapons is not a skill you pick up from using blunt objects, this reason is completely retarded.
Source; TRY IT no really, train with a staff, and then spar with someone with, say, kendo training
>>
>>64298885
Chewbacca
>>
Please tell me why he is so good at using the force and the X Wing, otherwise his character completely ruins the movie!
>>
>>64300981
At Mary sue university
>>
>>64298720
She's the Chosen One.
>>
>>64300981
Before the EU got trashed it was said that only Wookies can speak Shryiwook (or whatever the fuck their language was called) because no other species had the vocal chords required to make those noises. Now people could learn to understand Wookies but it was impossible for them to speak it.
>>
>>64300981
the idea is that women are better than men
>>
>>64301060
Right but where and how did she learn to understand it?
>>
>>64298720

>Please tell me there's a reason she is so good at using the force and the lightsaber?

She IS the real chosen one, not Anakin or Luke
>>
File: Kylo_aka_Nugget.png (262 KB, 540x401) Image search: [Google]
Kylo_aka_Nugget.png
262 KB, 540x401
>>64300899
lel but Rey is the chosen One's granddaughter. Yeah, Rey didn't have any training, but shes strong with the force, so it's not that hard to assume that she could use the force when she's in a pinch.
>>
>>64301003
Why haven't you hung yourself yet?
>>
>>64301023
>Trained by two of the most powerful Jedis in modern era
>Used to pilot speeders for fun

It is like your idiots did not pay attention during the OT maybe its your limited brain functions but fuck. Last time I watched the OT was 5 years ago and even I remember that shit. No wonder why you like the new star wars because you have limited cognitive abilities.
>>
>>64301119
Except Luke was also the Chosen One's son and not even he learned the force and how to wield a lightsaber that quickly.
>>
>>64298720
Because every jedi doesn't walk the same path, the same enemies, the same circumstances. They aren't carbon copies of each other, nor are there paths.
>>
>>64301149
Luke had had just as much experience with the force as Rey had when he used it to destroy the Death Star.
Darth Vader himself is impressed with his force abilities.

As for the X Wing, yeah, he drove speeders.
Likewise, Rey was very combat proficient with her staff.

Stop grasping at straws just because she's a female lead.
>>
>>64301119
That is not how the force works. You cannot just be like "Hey force I am in a pinch even though I have little to know training do you think you can like kill that guy for me thanks?".

>>64301132
I am not black so I have no reason to kill myself. Why haven't you gotten a job yet, welfare nigger?
>>
File: Taskmaster.jpg (283 KB, 900x1288) Image search: [Google]
Taskmaster.jpg
283 KB, 900x1288
>>64301003
>Just because you see someone do something does not mean you know how to do it too.
Speak for yourself.
>>
>>64301209
Luke used it only once, and it was to aim a shot. He isn't able to use telekinesis or wield a lightsaber somewhat effectively until Episode 5. He isn't able to deflect a blaster shot from a human opponent or mindtrick people until Episode 6.

Their skills with the force and a lightsaber are nothing alike in their first respective movies. You're the one grasping for straws
>>
>>64298720
Her midichlorians are off the scale
>>
>>64299713
That they let Luke beat Darth Vader first try with no training?

Pretty sure in a new hope vader fucking killed his teacher
>>
>>64301159
she at least has experience using melee weapons, i mean, she uses her staff. i know thats not the same thing, but she can apply skills that she's gained from using her staff to using the lightsaber. in regards to the force, she has a lot of raw power, and kylo just mindfucked her. she was able to figure out his insecurities about not measuring up to vader, so she could have figured out the mindtrick that way.
>>
>>64301267
he pulled his lightsaber out of the ice in that cave to save himself before he had any training at all
>>
>>64301209
>>Experience with blunt objects=swordsmanship

I found the retard
>>
>>64301209
How many times does everyone have to explain to you autists that Luke did not blow up the death star with the force. He did not even guide his torpedo with the force he just used the force to fucking properly target it that is it. It is not such a huge feat when you think about it.

And fighting with a staff is different then fighting with a sword. I fucking was in HEMA-esque groups and I have tried out both they are very fucking different. Even if you are proficient with different types of melee weapons once you pick up something you have no used before you still need to get used to it and spar with it a dozen times before you can get a grasp on it.
>>
>>64298780
>Hurr fiction doesn't need established rules XD

Kill yourself
>>
>>64299713
>She can swing around sword because she uses a staff. It's not that much different.

Do you seriously believe that?
>>
>>64301319
That was like two years in to him knowing he could use the force after being told how to focus in to it by a master, and even then he had to really try. Did you watch the OT?
>>
what she says: im fine
what she means: how did kylo ren end up with vaders helmet which was last seen being burned in a funeral pyre in "return of the jedi"
>>
>>64300667
To mind control people you do. That's the whole point here, Rey suddenly had a dominance of the force for no good reason other than plot armor.

JJ fucked up it's time to deal with it.

Before you reply think about it, Anakin the most powerful sith lost to Obiwan because Obiwan was a Jedi master while Anakin was still inexperienced at the time and in a new hope the first think Vader tells to Obiwan is bitch I'm master know and I'll kill you.
>>
>>64298720
I don't get why people are still asking this Meme question. Saw the movie once and instantly understood what was going on. She has some kind of force ability to absorb the memories of any object she touches. Like The Millennium Falcon or Anakin's Saber.
>>
>>64301380
>Did you watch the OT?

probably over 100 times in all honesty
>>
>>64301226
Not only am I white, I don't even live in the States you fucking tard. I'd ask you why you haven't gotten a job, but I get it. Those meme pages don't admin themselves, you have an endless supply of Hot Pockets and tendies from mommy's dead end job, and your crippling social anxieties stemming from years of bullying in school for being an autistic beta shithead prevent you from forming meaningful connections with anyone, let alone women. Those reasons are more than good enough to not want to be a successful human being instead of a complete waste of skin, oxygen, and everyone's time.
>>
>>64301319
>>64301380
He also wasn't trying to out-force pull another person who was more experienced and trained in the force than he was
>>
>>64301249
>Niggers
>Learning anything even on their 10th try

Hahahaha
>>
>>64299398
And yet nails a Storm Trooper at forty paces after firing it once? That's even fucking worse, she doesn't even know how a gun operates and she still manages to kill storm troopers like they're toddlers. Fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1277258960348.jpg (737 KB, 1999x3000) Image search: [Google]
1277258960348.jpg
737 KB, 1999x3000
>>64298720
uses jedi mind tricks
the clothing she wears
whose voices were in her visions? Ben Kenobi's

She's obviously Obi Wan Kenobi's granddaughter

Just like Obi Wan and Anakin were great rivals, their grandchildren will fight in this new trilogy

Search your heart, you know this to be true
>>
>>64301406
>She has some kind of force ability to absorb the memories of any object she touches.
Nigger at least get some background on how the force works, not even talking about EU watch the movies.
>>
>>64301348
This! Why can't your retards understand this?
>>
>>64301449
You can just admit that you don't know who Taskmaster is.
>>
>>64301420
I love how you just wasted a paragraph strawmanning just to real better about yourself and you shitty arguments. It is truly a mark of autistic expression.
>>
>>64301419
So you're being disingenuous.

There is no need to shit on the OT just because JJ made a mistake in TFA.
>>
>>64298720

When Kylo Ren tried to extract information from her, he didn't realize how sensitive to the Force she was and she learned from him. It was fucking obvious.
>>
>>64301419
Then I'm really shocked you are unaware of the facts and timeline of the movies.
>>
>>64301497
Sorry I stopped caring about Capeshit in my teens.
>>
Obviously there is a lot more to her than we know
>>
>>64301511
>sensitive to the force
This is the new buzzword to excuse all the fuckups from TFA, isn't it?
>>
>>64301511
oh yeah, she just learned the force by osmosis, obviously, the same way our children learn math.
>>
>>64301549
>he says while arguing about Star Wars
>>
>>64301319
It wasn't in ice it was in snow

and it wasn't against another force user also trying to pull it

you're a fucking retard
>>
>>64298720
shes a girl you misogynist shes good at everything dont you know

This is how starwars dies
>>
>>64298720
Her mastery of the force can be explained by having been trained by Luke as a child and just naturally being VERY strong in the force. It's heavily implied in the movie that's the case.

The real shitty parts of her character is how much of a good pilot she is despite NEVER having flow before (she could NOT have been trained to do this as a child), how she can fix everything even if she knows jack shit about it (occurs multiple times in the movie, even outside the Falcon), and how forced her extreme competency and self-sufficiency was. She's a fucking Mary Sue even if you can explain the force shit away with repressed memories.
>>
>>64301459
the jedi mind trick was passed down from obi wan to his son/daughter, and they passed it off to their daughter Rey

Luke trained some young padawans including Han Solo's son
Solo's son kills all padawans and turns to the dark side
Rey is hidden away on some desert planet to keep her hidden from the new Sith Lord
>>
>>64301498
I honestly don't even care about your argument. You have a different interpretation of the internal logic of a film than I do. I just love that you're shitting yourself over everything I'm saying (and black people for some reason). It's hilarious.

I also love how you mimic my posts by repeating little bits of things I've already said except turned back around on me because autists have trouble forming original interactions, so they resort to mimicry. THAT is autistic expression.

To humor you, though: If the film says that's how the force works, that's how the force works. It's one thing if you don't think the force should work like that, but saying "THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS" reads less like "this is logically inconsistent" and more like "NOT MUH".
>>
>>64301510
I was making a joke, someone argued that earlier in the thread and I was poking fun. Luke was never going to out force pull someone way more experienced than him. He even had to be egged on by Obi Wan's spoopy ghost at the time.

Also the OT are classics, chill bro
>>
>>64301003
>Someone has to break it down for you and explain the process to you.
Like when Luke learned telekinesis, right?
Or how he learned to block lasers after the complicated technique of 'let the force flow through you, stop using your eyes so much'
>>
>>64301631
>I was making a joke
Classic.
>>
>>64301605
Mind trick is not a Kenobi thing, any jedi can do it
>>
>>64298720
Maybe she isn't and Ren is just a total jobber.
Then again, Ren could have just thrown her off of a cliff using his force powers so it's clear she isn't stronger with the force than he is.
>>
>>64301600
Which is why force Jesus could do 360 back flip force lightning day one right?
>>
>>64301460
Well, the shit lets you come back from the dead and stop laser shots, so fuck you buddy.
>>
>>64298720
The movie is targeted to the females.
And females like fanfics with Mary Sues.
>>
>>64301600
her ability to fix shit is actually pretty simple to understand. she lived on jakku, a scavenging planet. she probably needed to fix shit on the daily, i mean, she lived in a busted up, overturned AT-AT. Is it that hard to believe that she would need to be able to fix shit when she lives in fucking scavver sandland?
>>
>>64301870
Fixing ships is acceptable, but can you defend her being an ace pilot when her boss Dexter Jettster II would never let her fly his ships?
>>
>>64301951
>would never let her fly his ships?
source?
>>
>>64301951
doesn't she literally tell Finn that she's a pilot?
>>
>>64302128
Yes, and I recall now they were planning to use a different ship before TIE fighters blow it up. There was some dialogue Rey had with Han Solo about the Falcon that made me think she wasn't allowed to pilot his ships, just work on them.

My mistake on that, but that doesn't justify her flying with skills that put Lando Death Star II run to shame.
>>
>>64302329
>flying with skills that put Lando Death Star II run to shame.
But how much of that is just the technology and wanting ships moving faster and looking more agile?

I really doubt anyone is trying to say Poe is just that much better than Luke at piloting an x-wing, it's just what they are able to create now.

Plus she hits the sand a few times, so if you control for the faster action that shows she's not piloting jesus.
>>
>>64302329
Wasn't the ship she was originally referring to a landspeeder?
>>
>>64302329
>>64302128
No, she tells Finn "We have one." when he says that they don't have a pilot, implying it's her, right? But then when they get away safely she says she didn't know she could do all that shit and it just came to her in the moment. Download the CAM and see for yourself.
>>
>>64302512
no
>>
She's a focal point of the force ghosts of all those who were murdered at the new jedi temple. She channels their spiritual memory as a result of the wound the massacre left in the Force. That's why she's able to pick up on force techniques through osmosis with Kylo Ren. Hell, Luke may have even tried to sever her connection with the Force and mind wiped her because of the unbearable torment of that memory. And he hid her where no one would find her to prevent her coming into contact with a force sensitive and reawakening.
>>
>>64302601
She knows how to fly, she says she's a pilot.
She does crazy shit because she's Anakin tier.
Arguably Luke hitting womp rats was also force reflex shit.
>>
Was Rey abandoned to Jakku when she was only 5? Is it confirmed? I think she was taken away from Jakku at age of 5. Maybe by jedi or first order.
>>
>>64301638
Wow at least Luke had some form of mentoring/training Rey just learns it all on her own in 5 seconds
>>
>>64299713
Look at where your hands go when you hold a staff. Now translate that grip to a lightsaber.
>>
>>64301631
>I was merely pretending!
>>
>>64302847
I love when you faggots call a two minute scene with Obi-Wan telling Luke to try harder is this grand training that suddenly makes Luke using magic okay but Maz telling Rey to let the force guide her doesn't matter even though that's specifically how she beats Kylo at the end.
>>
>>64301348
>Luke did not blow up the Death Star with the force
You... You have seen the first star wars movie... right anon?
>>
>>64301319
That was three years after Obi Wan had already started training him. Not three minutes after learning he was Force Sensitive. Luke's major jumps in skill pretty much only happened during the 3-4 year gaps between the movies.
>>
It's kind of pointless to bash her character when we do not know anything about her.

What we can assume is that Rey is force sensitive (more than any other Jedi in recent times) and has a huge potential. Another thing we know is she is a survivor and comes from harsh origins. She's trained with a staff but is tough thanks to the harsh upbringing.

She also kinda had a cheat sheet with her getting into that guys mind. She understood the force and was experimenting with her abilities later on.
>>
>>64303074
Luke was a scrawny dweeb. Having him accomplish anything is purely nerd wish fulfillment.
>>
>>64302774
Biggs could also hit womp rats.

It's called practice.
>>
>>64303198
source?
>>
>>64303110
Meh, she's about in par with Luke and how he used the force to destroy the Death Star with zero targeting equipment.

That's about on par with defeating a mortally wounded na dmentally unstable Kylo Ren, especially since she clearly already knew about the force and the powers it could grant users. It also helps that she's extremely combat proficient as shown earlier in the movie.
>>
>>64298720
Were you mad when Finn was able to pick up the lightsabre?
Did you realise that Kylo Ren might not have wanted to kill Rey?

Also when it comes to the force, i belive that she is able to tap into the dark side of the force due to her hatred of Kylo.
>>
>>64304419
>Were you mad when Finn was able to pick up the lightsabre?
no

>Did you realise that Kylo Ren might not have wanted to kill Rey?
no, but for what reason? he just killed his own dad, why not kill her?
>>
>>64298720
That stick looks like BBC.
Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.