[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lmao http://www.vulture.com/2015/12/geor ge-lucas-disney-wh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 15
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 1242x323) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 1242x323
Lmao

http://www.vulture.com/2015/12/george-lucas-disney-white-slavers.html
>>
>>64296997
Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. Dumb jelly cuck.
>>
>>64297082
>shitting on Lucas
Hello reddit
>>
cvck
>>
>>64297082
But he took their money and insulted them.
>>
>>64297157
Walt Disney is the only incarnation of Disney that I would respect. Lucas had every right to insult them.
>>
Yeah. Those Disney idiots would never be able to come up with original characters like Darth Insanus and Darth Icky.
>>
>white slavers

Fucking jew had to put 'white' in there
>>
File: 1404148344926.jpg (109 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1404148344926.jpg
109 KB, 900x675
>>64297238
>darth insanus
>darth icky
>not the same same character
>>
Whites know who their real masters are, the jews.

Blacks blame the white.
>>
>>64296997

This nigga needs to stop doing extended interviews. He ends up saying something weird or stupid every fucking time.
>>
>>64297238

I guess if Insanus was pronounced Insa-Nuss it wouldnt be sooooo ridiculous. But its george so the character is so evil that he is INSANEus get it?
>>
>>64297282
hes not jewish
>>
>>64297282
>White slavery, white slave trade, white Slave Traffic and white slave historically refer to the enslavement of Europeans by non-Europeans, as part of the Arab, Barbary and Ottoman slave trade. The term can also mean sexual slavery, including forced prostitution and human trafficking.
>>
>>64297370
>He ends up saying something weird or stupid every fucking time.

It may be because he is weird and stupid.
>>
>>64297460
>>>/Reddit/
>>>/memeyoutubereview/
Fuck yourself
>>
>>64296997
>George trying to sound like a misunderstood genius
Maybe George has decent simple ideas working but that nigga has entirely forgotten how to make movies
>>
>>64297460
How many successful movies have you directed? None? Yeah, that's what I thought.
>>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>64297113
>taking sides of rich white people against other rich white people
Good goyim.
>>
File: 0cYp2xp.gif (493 KB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
0cYp2xp.gif
493 KB, 325x244
>>64297580
>George worries he won't have time to make the movie he's always said he'd make.
Feels bad man
>then I remember George has had good health + billions of dollars for the last 40 years but did nothing with them.
Feels mad man.
>>
File: IkHC67G.jpg (263 KB, 1280x861) Image search: [Google]
IkHC67G.jpg
263 KB, 1280x861
>>64296997
A lot of people on the internet are saying George Lucas got what was coming to him because they are still mad at Lucas for the Prequels
>>
File: 1450910075178.jpg (62 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1450910075178.jpg
62 KB, 960x960
>>64297721

>I had big ideas for the next trilogy of movies
>but first I'm going to make Red Tails
>>
>>64296997
what a fucking cuck
>>
File: rad.jpg (19 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
rad.jpg
19 KB, 640x480
>>64297238
>>
http://collider.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-george-lucas-interview/
I missed /tv/s reaction to this
what did everyone think? he basically said star wars is yes a childrens movie and Hollywood doesn't risk things
basically doesn't like force awakens and says he makes things he likes not what others like
>>
>>64299609
>he basically said star wars is yes a childrens movie
Then why have the last two star wars movie been PG-13 and featured murder, slavery, and genocide?
>>
>>64297589

I haven't directed as many successful movies as Lucas, that's true. I also have not directed as many cinematic abortions or ruined as many previously good films with retard level tinkering, so I feel like I'm still coming out ahead in this little contest.
>>
>>64299721
because American kids don't know that's nothing in japan that's on their chink pbs every week
>>
>>64299836

You can mock Lucas as much as you want, but at the end of the day he has a scholarship and the media reminds the Western world that there is a scholarship in his name and will be a scholarship for the next thousand fucking years because he donated in excess of tens of billions to charity. And all you've done is pay taxes (maybe). Hes made shitty movies then used the profits off middle class nerds to help the lives of low class citizens, while you're sitting here bitching about a space fantasy movie series anonymously.
>>
>>64297857
dont forget writing strange magic
>>
>>64296997

what a weaselly faggot jew piece of shit

he could have done literally anything with star wars and he decides to sell out to the Mouse for a fat paycheck

he made his three fuckawful prequel trilogies and guaranteed nothing but soulless hackwork sequels, star wars will forever be shit thanks to him
>>
Who gives a fuck what Lucas thinks, besides the prequels the last time he was relevant was 30 years ago when he was doing Indiana Jones
>>
File: citizen-kane-clapping.gif (540 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
citizen-kane-clapping.gif
540 KB, 400x300
well said
>>
TR-8R is dull shit compared to what we got from the prequels and OT

>sheevposting
>this is pod racing
>he was a good friend
>I hate sand
>It's over Anakin I have the high ground
>POETRY

George was a genius and we just didn't know it.
>>
>>64300140
for>>64300044
>>
>>64297157
if you watch the interview it's just an awkward autistic joke that's being taken out of context for clickbait headlines.
>>
>>64300044
Yeah Lucas basically killed Star Wars when he sold it to Disney. Tbh he just should have sold it to Warner Bros or other less retarded company.
>>
>>64297130
>cvck

Only a cuck would spell it that way.
>>
>>64296997
not defending disney's TFA at all but George sounds like a giant fag in that interview
>>
>>64300149
You, you my friend get it.

The Original Trilogy brought us three classic films that will forever be remembered fondly.

The Prequel Trilogy brought us all together, through shitposting about midichlorians, Sheev, and sand.

The Force Awakens has brought us TRAITOR and... that's about it. The movie's not that different from any modern capeshit film and it's not bad enough to inspire great shitposting like the prequels did.

A real shame. I miss Lucas...
>>
Of all the companies he could have sold it to, why Disney?
>>
>>64300149
Sheevposting didn't start until that new-canon book came out and gave him the name Sheev though.
>>
>>64300289
>4 BILLION dollars

Who else has that kind of money lying around?
>>
pic related
>>
>>64300289

He was friends with people in Disney and said fuck it I don't know what I'm doing you can have it.
>>
>>64300289
Because he wanted the most money he could get. Its pretty funny how Lucas has become a soulless corporate drone yet he still thinks he has some artistic talent or integrity left
>>
>>64300289
he says in the full interview a person from Disney came up to him and started whispering things in his ear
they had a mission with him and they started getting into his head htat he will die soon and wouldn't he like to retire with a lot of money
they said he has lots of employees that will all lose jobs if he continues at the rate he's going
they basically manipulated him into selling them
if that person whoever it was didn't visit him to have a chat he'd still own them
>>
>>64300149
All of your examples are spread across 6 films.

Its okay that TFA only has one maymay so far, the next films will add more.
>>
>>64297238

Or Luke Skywalker, or Darth Vader, or Han Solo, or Princess Leia, or Chewbacca, or Emperor Palpatine, etc etc etc
>>
>>64300332

He owned his own kingdom and capital, with an IP easily worth more than 4 billion. If he wanted money, he would have shat terrible Star Wars movies forever and he would have achieved 4 billion easily. For reference, TFA already made 1 billion before hitting the Chinese theaters. At some point he must have realized he no longer wanted it and he didn't want his children to have it either.
>>
>>64299721
13 year olds are kids fuckhead
>>
>>64300332
he could have sold it for a lot more though to be honest. He gave Disney a real deal selling it for 4 billion
>>
Stay salty George
>>
>>64299609
He said "kiddie" movies in the sense they are not mature story telling. Not it's literally for kids.

Star Wars changed everything. We don't get mature films like the Godfather or Chinatown anymore. We get lowest common denominator films.
>>
>>64300379
>gives the 4 billion to charity
>makes section 8 housing

You're retarded
>>
Heres what happened: In 2012 Disney made John Carter and it turned out to be one of the biggest flops ever money wise. So Disney realized if they wanted to make money off of sci-fi the easiest way would be to make more star wars movies. So a few months later they bought star wars and will now make so many more fucking movies that we will all pray for death.
>>
>>64300493

Considering the shape the other movie studios are in, Disney was most likely the only American movie studio with that much cash in hand. He would have had to court oil princes and Chinese presidents for a bigger cash up front payout. Also remember that the negotiations were in secret and that the announcement was a complete shock to the entire world.
>>
Everything that made the OT good was beacuse of the people around Lucas and not Lucas himself
>>
>>64300551
>gave away billions because he already has billions
>doges alot of taxes and dumps the series on someone else's doorstep
It was a way to make himself feel better essentially
>>
>>64300511

It's all cyclical. The 90s-00s saw another wave of director-driven films and young auteur directors working within the studio system. It'll happen again pretty soon, as soon as some hot-shit kid has a breakthrough hit, gets a sequel, and all the studio shills remember that a good movie can be a long-term investment instead of just an opening weekend.
>>
>>64300614

Well now he feels like Kylo Ren.
>>
>>64300511
>We don't get mature films like the Godfather or Chinatown anymore
Sicario, The Revenant
>>
>>64300511
he also said in the same interview he made it for the young teenager and children
>>
>>64300388
Wow, Bob Iger trolled an autistic old man into selling his life's work so it could be ruthlessly exploited. Talk about a phantom menace.
>>
>>64300694
>children
>torture scene resulting in on screen death
>>
>>64300741
also: Showing the main character and up until that point hero murder a room full of small children (revenge of the sith)
>>
>>64300571
Why would it all have to be payed up front though? Couldn't he have asked for $4 billion up front and like 10% of all future SW sales until he gets 4 billion more, or something?
>>
>>64300794

He clearly was never the type to do his own finances.
>>
File: george-lucas-han-shot-first.jpg (98 KB, 346x566) Image search: [Google]
george-lucas-han-shot-first.jpg
98 KB, 346x566
>>64296997
This man hates each and every one of us
>>
>>64300741
You americans thinking children can't watch things
Rated R if theres an exposed nipple
murder and torture is a normal thing in Anime targeted towards 5 year olds
>>
>>64299932
I don't take anything away from him for those things either. I love how he trolled his neighbors over the homeless issue, and he's made/been involved with some great movies, THX1138, American Graffiti, the OT and arguably the first Indiana Jones. But on the matter of Star Wars he can fuck off. He ruined a lot of his work, hypocritically altering it when he himself had previously taken a principled stand against colorization. He lies constantly about his intent as an artist and gets mad at the suggestion that it was not all part of his 40 year master plan. He intended to cast "The Backstreet Boys" in the prequels, a rare example of one of his retarded ideas he was unable to follow through on. He's a big baby and an egomaniac. Whatever spark he once had for making great films is long since extinguished. To paraphrase one of his characters from when he was still able to make a decent movie "He's more neck skin than man now, autistic and butthurt" I won't deny he's done some social good with his billions, but he accumulated those billions seemingly by sacrificing whatever artistic vision he ever had. Or maybe he never had it at all, and he was never the auteur he so desperately wishes to be seen as. Maybe he had some good ideas, but was lucky enough to be surrounded by people who could nurture those seeds and turn them into something. Then he became a billionaire, and like many wealthy people developed a strong aversion to anyone's opinion but his own. Despite all this, I honestly do wish him well. I even hope he goes off to make the experimental films he's claimed repeatedly are his true passion. But George hates to tell the truth about himself, so I think he'll devote the rest of his life to sour grapes.
>>
>>64300848
The nipple is real
The murder is not
>>
>>64300233
TFA brought in a massive amount of tourists who still haven't left. It happens every time a big movie comes out for us.
>>
>>64296997

>white slavers
>sand raiders

Tell me I'm not the only one
>>
>>64300888
What I'm wondering is how long TFA will stick around.

It has been six months since the last Avengers film and nobody really talks about it. Will that be TFA in six months?
>>
>>64300606

No, he was honestly a good idea-man -- about half of the time. He came up with the character Indiana Jones and many of the core ideas and designs behind the OT.

He just needed someone to slap him in the face every time he became convinced that one of his bad ideas was good. His biggest mistake was surrounding himself with yes-men.
>>
>>64300741
Watching a torture scene or a bomb going off is not even remotely similar to an issue dealing with parental incest, extreme political corruption, or other adult fears. Star Wars is for developing children and adults who like popcorn flicks. It's not a deep or intelligent movie that requires the audience to think hard.

Get your head out of your ass defending this movie series.
>>
>>64297238
I like to think that was the reason he sold Star Wars.
>Be George
>Start to realize surrounded by ass kissers
>Someone comes asking what Sith name they should give Vader's secret Apprentice
>Say Darth Insanus or Darth Icky just to see what they say/do
>They say "That's cool George" and fuck off
>Realize you are surrounded by ass kissers
>>
>>64300888
When's the home-video release date? That's when people will be talking about it

If they keep releasing new merchandise, shows and games etc, people will keep talking about it for who knows how long
>>
>>64300921
>I'm wondering is how long TFA will stick around
When Batman V Superman comes out in march people will be over star wars
>>
>>64300921
That's because AoU was shit and not even in a funny way. With TFA there's not a lot of memes but there's a lot to talk about. I don't see Star Wars ever going away.
>>
File: 1451428235429.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1451428235429.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>64300856
>>
>>64300993
meant to quote >>64300921
>>
File: george-lucas.jpg (56 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
george-lucas.jpg
56 KB, 400x400
>>64296997
>White Slavers
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>64296997
>taking irrelevant shit out of context
>putting it as the main title of the article

journalists really have no fucking integrity anymore, it's all clickbait trash
>>
So will George Lucas make a new movie about a different universe that isn't Indy J/Star Wars?
>>
>>64300856
"Casting" the Backstreet Boys (it may have actually been 98 degrees or NSYNC) was a favor for his daughter and it is not accident that they never made it into the final cut of the film
>>
>>64301095
basically he said he's going to blow all his money on independent films that like /v/ would agree go
story - music - graphics - gameplay
>>
>>64301091
Anyone who would call Disney "white slavers" is a sjw retard
>>
Yes Episode 7 was huge nostalgia bait and had almost nothing original. Entertaining movie but there was nothing significant in this movie that should give anyone faith that they are going to do well with this trilogy because if everything plays out like this first movie the trilogy is going to be huge shit
>>
>>64300687

Holy crap, you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>64301147
did you watch the interview? it was a joke. it seems like the journalists have good reason to make those clickbait articles to pull in idiots like you
>>
>>64301202
In what way? Yes there are many childish movies made now that make a lot of money, but the idea that theres no quality movies being made anymore is ridicules.
>>
>>64301091
Yeah when I saw the full interview you could tell he was playing a long with Charlie using the example it was his kids that he sold
he even laughed after it was just roleplaying he wasn't saying Disney was white slavers he was just thinking up a story in his head to go with the example they were giving
>>
>>64301145
Star Wars worked by assimilating things he liked from a bunch of things like old soft sci-fi stories, French comic books, and Kurosawa films, and weaving a new narrative which was hyper-rigid in doing hero's journey. What a fall from grace.
>>
>>64296997
It's probably ironic because most white shavers where jews just like Disney.
>>
>>64297082
He added several billions to his bank account, he ain't hungry no more poorfag
>>
>>64300621
So what are the other good times, other than the 90's? The 70's and the 40's? I imagine the surge of trilogies like LOTR, X-Men, The Matrix, etc is what changed the cycle around 2000, but what changed it in the opposite way in the early 90s?
>>
>>64300388
Please tell me this is true.

I want proof that Disney is this evil.
>>
>>64300856
>He intended to cast "The Backstreet Boys" in the prequels
The fuck you talking about?
The rumor was that he was going to give N*sync cameos, because they were his daughter's favourite band. And that's all it was, rumors.
>>
>>64301147
No, you just don't understand the term.

"White Slavers" is a pretty outdated term for people who literally trade in WHITE slaves. It basically served the derogatory function that "slaver" does now, back when owning black slaves was seen as kinda okay. It's just a quirk of the english language that it stayed around as a turn of phrase all the way into the 21st century.
>>
File: 1403389475974.jpg (44 KB, 358x292) Image search: [Google]
1403389475974.jpg
44 KB, 358x292
>>64301345
>white shavers where jews
>>
>>64301366
From my perspective Lucasfilm is evil!
>>
Who would go see a separate Episode 7/8/9 trilogy independently made by George Lucas?
>>
>>64301130
The fact that it was even considered is plenty.
>>
>>64301487
I might. Depends if it's any good.
>>
Star Wars is the Starbucks of movies. Its become so predictable and bland
>>
>>64301487
Hell yes.
Just for the meme value of the thing.
>>
>>64297082
Lucas sold them the company and made like $2 billion
>>
>>64301411
kek
>>
>>64297370
Why is he still being interviewed? He's not a part of Star Wars anymore.
>>
File: 100.jpg (79 KB, 559x433) Image search: [Google]
100.jpg
79 KB, 559x433
>>
>>64301487
they would be very funny at least
>>
15 minutes into the rose interview, i like how rose digs into lucas when lucas tries to generalize his responses. i hadn't watched a rose interview in a while so i forgot he could sometimes be like this.
>>
>>64299721
You don't think 13 year olds are children?

Why dont you have a seat over there?
>>
>>64301487
In the interview he clearly says the next one was suppose to be a male not a female in his script
he said it has to do with grandfather father and son and that all of star wars is a focus on fathers and their sons
>>
>>64301364
A series of huge box overinflated office bombs that attempted to recreate the successes of the 80s, I'd imagine.

>>64300621
There has been kind of a resurgence of young auteurs and director driven films recently. Last year was big. This year has continued that trend.

>>64301202
I haven't seen The Revenant yet, but Sicario was most definitely a mature film.
>>
>>64301643
he gets pretty upset when George uses the term Kiddie Film for star wars
he's making me laugh going to watch the rest of his interviews now
>>
>>64300233
>One film has had less cultural impact than two trilogies of films has!
>This means it's bad!
I mean, TFA WAS bad, but you're a retard.
>>
>>64301662
theres a difference between "children's movie" and movie for teens/young adults. Childrens movie sounds like bob the builder or some shit
>>
>>64301643

Nice to know Charlie Rose still got it
>>
George sold Star Wars cause Star Wars fans are the worst fandom on the face of the planet.

I bet if he could, he would kill almost every single fan.
>>
>>64301792
A New Hope and The Phantom Menace individually brought us a lot more than The Force Awakens did.

But you are right in a way. VIII and IX are being helmed by differed directors and one can hope that they got the OT-wanking out of the way in the first film so we can actually focus on some originality.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Looper, but I am damn glad Abrams is gone as he's been nothing but mediocre with everything. Anyone else is an improvement.
>>
NO
FUCKING
WAY
Charlie rose Interview
at 12:02 George Lucas says GLIB
>>
>>64300388

>he says in the full interview a person from Disney came up to him and started whispering things in his ear
>if that person whoever it was didn't visit him to have a chat he'd still own them

Pretty sure this is the plot of Episode 3, George
>>
>>64297082
He doesn't work for Disney though.
>>
>>64302224
well my Dad does, and he said Star Wars VIII will have a lesbian couple in it
>>
>>64302391
Will Finn and Poe have a clone baby made from their DNA, or will they adopt?
>>
>>64302436
Finn is unconscious still for most of the movie, Poe becomes the male lead
>>
>>64297640
>thinking 4chan doesn't love white people especially if they're rich
Hello Reddit!
Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.