[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Venture Bros good? I've been watching clips from YouTube
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: VentureBros6.jpg (288 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
VentureBros6.jpg
288 KB, 1280x720
Is Venture Bros good? I've been watching clips from YouTube and it's been pretty good so far.
I need a second opinion on this.
>>
Yes, but certain seasons are better than others. e.g. 1 is sort of okay, but you can't really skip it because it becomes important later while the newest season was pretty forgettable.
>>
File: image.png (26 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.png
26 KB, 1000x1000
>>
Marathon the first half of the first episode (i know eight minutes is long but hang in there) and decide how to continue from there
>>
Consider season 4 finale the last episode.
>>
File: 1356892260658.gif (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1356892260658.gif
2 MB, 640x480
>>64294473
Close friend and I have been watching this show religiously since its inception, and I have a few more bros in my circles who reference it on the regular.

It's a fantastic show, but it's a commitment. The release of new content is the slowest pace I have ever experienced for any media, and there are absolutely some stinkers in the mix. Last season was mostly forgettable (and very short), but the quality was still very high. They also made a recent hour long special that was pretty fun.

The show pays a lot of attention to its continuity, so you will need to watch it in order. Some episodes you can skip, but don't blow over finales and absolutely watch everything in season order.

Half the fun of the show is watching them flesh out the characters and laughing at the ridiculous voices everybody has. Venture Bros. has probably some of the best developed cast of regulars AND supporting characters I've ever seen. It's kind of the reason I watch it. I love rooting for my favorites, and the show usually delivers in spades.

I'm still SHOCKED this show isn't discussed more online. I rarely see threads on it, and it never pops up in my regular spread of youtube reviewers and commentators. People who watch shit like Gravity Falls or Steven Universe and rave about their quality, progressive attitudes, and character writing would be blown away by Venture Bros., but it really feels like nobody's fucking talking about it.
>>
Venture bros should do one final season and maybe a "movie" the massive waits make me loose any interest in the series and i feel like they are running out of steam.

Just wrap it up and have a great little tv series
>>
It's pretty good, but I wouldn't really call it "funny". A lot of the humor just comes from referencing itself or various other nerd shit
>>
>>64294473
It's literally the greatest cartoon series of all time.
>>
It's breddy good.
You should post this on /co/ if you want to discuss it though
>>
File: 1366516067833 (1).jpg (18 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1366516067833 (1).jpg
18 KB, 400x300
>>64294473
Fun story: I grew up near the hometown of Doc Hammer, one of the show's producers and writers. I've run into him in public twice now. He's a nice enough dude, but definitely a bohemian at heart. Both times he was slugging a glass of wine, first at an art gallery and second at a local bar, and was wearing his standard red aviators and a velvet suit jacket indoors. Guy's just a typical "starving artist" who hit it big with a cool idea, I think. He's not married to it continuing to exist unless he "feels" it, if that makes sense. I think that's why content is so slow -- he has to be inspired to do anything with it, but doesn't want to let it just flat out die.

The other creator who also writes and voices, Chris McCulloch, is the guy behind the Tick, so that might explain a lot of he show too. Similar sense of humor and character design, and definitely a writer who has a flair for "short lived" comedy. I don't think he intended Venture Bros. to stick around at all. Each Season Finale feels like the last episode.

Finally, the voice of Doc Venture (James Urbaniak) is a really cool guy from what I've seen. He's a comedian and played Dwight's brother on the Office. He may have also been part of Upright Citizen's Brigade. Very bohemian, down to earth guy as well. Loves the show, but really not interested in it as his lifeblood or anything. He seems a lot more content just doing some light stand up or voice acting to support his hobbies.
>>
>>64296056
I think the "problem" with Venture Bros is that it doesn't do what most popular shows do - popular shows start with characters and stories that you immediately love and leave you craving more. Venture Bros makes you feel like shit the first couple episodes because literally every character is a piece of shit that you either hate or feel sorry for.

It takes a lot of commitment like you say because you need to learn to love it. It makes a very bad first impression and many people discard something after a poor first impression.

The only people I know who like the show smoke a ridiculous amount of weed. They put it on and space out and they make it to the good parts - it's the only explanation I know. Whereas other people just give up after a few episodes because they feel awful about it from the get-go.
>>
>>64295667
>image.png
Man the fuck up and buy a decent phone.
>>
>>64296436
That's a good point, actually. I never looked at it that way.

I guess it goes without saying that those of my friends who watch it are all really dark insufferable pricks. The one who introduced me to the show (and follows it religiously) is also the most manically depressed guy I've met. Talks about much he identifies with Doc Venture, for example.
>>
>>64296323
>"No one names their kid Doc" in the recap before Season 5 came out
Little things like this.
>>
>>64296056
>a recent hour long special that was pretty fun.

tbqh with you senpai the special was pretty fuckin shit.
>>
>>64294473
Season 3-4 are the best seasons
>>
>>64296056
I really liked it, but the waits just fucking kill it. The wait for the last season was so long I stopped even looking for it before they announced it. Didn't even know it had come out until they announced next season.
>>
File: Go.Team.Venture.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Go.Team.Venture.webm
1 MB, 640x360
Definitely in my top 3. Can't wait to see how it ends
>>
>>64296925
I don't really have any of those problems and I love the show. I think it takes a more interested viewer to like it tho
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.