[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tfw no Del Toro Star Wars movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
why even live
>>
>>64287975
The studios want people they can control with the main series ones
>>
It will happen, he was slobbering all over EP VII on twitter.
>>
>>64288023
GdT is a sycophantic manchild hack who can't write interesting characters and I want him to stay away from my star wars
>>
He only ever made one good movie and I doubt his visual style would transfer to Star Wars
>>
at least give him an anthology film

same with darren aronofsky
>>
>>64288079
After seeing episode 7, that makes him sound like a good successor to jj
>>
>>64288079
>likes star wars
>calls others Manchild
>>
>>64288410
>doesn't like star wars
>thinks he isn't a Manchild
>>
File: 12.jpg (176 KB, 664x1203) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
176 KB, 664x1203
>>64288079
>my star wars
>>
Why the fuck do people dickride del toro when he directs absolute turds like pacific rim and crimson peak
>>
>>64289444
The same reason everyone dickrides Lucas at the moment. "Creativity and Soul"
>>
File: del toro.jpg (217 KB, 1200x677) Image search: [Google]
del toro.jpg
217 KB, 1200x677
>>64289444
Pacific Rim is great and Crimson Peak is pretty good

Fuck off retard
>>
>>64289610

If I knew who you were I'd forever ignore your opinion on absolutely anything for the rest of my life.
>>
>>64288734
is that Kylo Ren?
>>
>>64289754
Wow, thanks for the blog. Do you have a tumblr I could follow or something?
>>
>>64289444
Hellboy 1&2 and Pan's labyrinth.

Yeah, if the writing was done by someone else & they hired him for worldbuilding, I'd cover the theater in cum.
>>
>>64288079
>implying jj abrams is better
>>
>>64289806
No, his trainer.
>>
No Alfonso Cuaron Star Wars movie
>>
File: BENICIO.jpg (12 KB, 220x315) Image search: [Google]
BENICIO.jpg
12 KB, 220x315
>>64287975
what do you mean no del toro ;)
>>
>>64287975
Del Toro Star Wars could be okay, but I understand Disney for staying away, which is weird to type because I fucking hate Disney.

But really, Del Toro starts like 5,000 projects and then fucking stops in the middle of them. Would you really trust him with Star Wars after the Hobbit debacle where he just up and left right towards the end of pre-production and then they had to restart the movie and rushed it? The man is best left to his own devices, not on franchise work.

I agree we need more artistic directors on SW, but maybe find some that are a balance between auteurism and business, and who don't self-implode at random intervals during production.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.