[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's /tv/'s consensus on this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1.jpg (154 KB, 702x1024) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
154 KB, 702x1024
what's /tv/'s consensus on this
>>
It's a haunting and complex marvel
>>
It is a beautiful and sincere movie made by a psychopath about a psychopath.
>>
>asking about film on /flicksandshows/

good try bro
>>
>>64281478
Kaufman's worst, but still decent
>>
Grratest achievement in films so far
>>
Pointless film
>>
>>64282919
Thor, are you gay?
>>
That's the worst poster I've ever seen
>>
>>64282513
Oh shit Marvel doin this how didn't I know about it gotta go see it then
>>
>>64281478
my least favourite kaufman as I prefer him more audacious and wild although that sex scene is very daring already. it's still a great, top 10 of the year worthy little film and the animation is truly unique and charming
>>
A rare sliver of transcendence
>>
File: 1385870311716.jpg (14 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
1385870311716.jpg
14 KB, 425x282
So the fat bitch he dated 11 years ago also used to have a different voice, but one day it changed into Tom Noonan's voice just like everyone elses? Is that what he was ranting about at their bar date?

Did Kaufman make an intentionally unlikable main character?

Why did the Japanese antique not have Noonan's voice?

What was the theme of this movie? You're never going to find someone who is perfect so you are going to have to settle?

Why didn't the main character recognize anyone at his surprise party?
>>
>>64285313
The whole movie is Charlie Kaufman's misanthropic & narcissistic routine as usual. This time, with a barely functioning protagonist who is, somewhat tragically, delusional, and can only look down on other people, including the poor girl that he thinks he's in love with.

It may sound like I hated the movie, but it's actually the opposite. I find it very interesting how a viewer can relate to the terrible human tendencies that Kaufman (and other Jewish writers like Noah Baumbach and Woody Allen) love to indulge in. I find their sincere and conflicted misanthropy more appealing, and more beautiful, than some fake Hollywood humanism.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.