[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: unpopular movie opinions I think Ant Man is the best movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7
File: images.jpg (101 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
101 KB, 720x1080
ITT: unpopular movie opinions

I think Ant Man is the best movie Marvel ever made
>>
Return of the Jedi is the best Star Wars movie

The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Mission Impossible 2 were great movies
>>
>>64277435
Go home reddit
>>
>>64277435
That would be Winter Soldier, fallowed by Ant Man tho.
>>
>>64277629
That's why it's an unpopular opinion :)
>>
>>64277435
second to winter soldier imo
movie has good pacing and isnt unnecessarily long like every other cape shit
>>
>>64277435
I think it is one of the worst
It just wasn't funny at all
Also an unpopular opinion
>>
File: 1448034213714.gif (2 MB, 643x539) Image search: [Google]
1448034213714.gif
2 MB, 643x539
>>64277435
>I think Ant Man is the best movie Marvel ever made
>>64277472
>Return of the Jedi is the best Star Wars movie
>>
Superhero movies are lame
>>
>>64277435

raimi spidermans, iron man 1 and ant man are the only decent marvel movies
>>
Sex scenes in movies are disappointing and tedious.
>>
>>64278290
this
Cap 2 is alright but too contrived
>>
>>64278245
>>64278290
>>64278332

Thread is about unpopular opinions, not /tv/-approved circlejerks.
>>
>>64278369
Apparently /tv/ is the only place with opinions according to this guy.
>>
>>64277435

The Storm Troopers and the aerial battles were the only good things in TFA, everything else was nostalgia pandering for the sake of money.
>>
>>64277435
iron man was the only good marvel movie. after that they tried turning all the avengers into iron man with the quips and other bullshit
>>
Guardians of the Galaxy was a much better attempt at contemporary space opera that The Force Unleashed, and will go down in time as the better, more memorable movie.

>>64278387
/tv/ is the board where you're posting, and whose opinions we see every other day, so yeah - posting the same shit in the thread that we see plastered across the boards all day is redundant and pointless.
>>
>>64278477
>quips
I don't see how this is any different than how comic books had been written for decades.
>>
>>64278491
>posting the same shit in the thread that we see plastered across the boards all day is redundant and pointless
Where else have you seen the opinion I've posted? I'll let you try to guess which one is mine while you're already flailing about.
>>
>>64277435

I wouldn't say it was the best, but it's one of the most fun marvel movies definitely
>>
>>64278523
At this point you're just being argumentative for the sake of it. If you don't want to participate in the thread as the OP intended, then I can't stop you.

I was just letting you know your post was shitty, unwanted, and of interest to no one.
>>
>>64278587
There's nothing in your post that isn't projection, as I was contributing to this thread as OP intended. All of this points right to your copious tears.
>>
>>64277435
traps are superior to cis whores
>>
>>64278587
ironic
>>
File: 1407065911929[1].webm (3 MB, 720x300) Image search: [Google]
1407065911929[1].webm
3 MB, 720x300
>>64277927

I pretty sure everybody here thinks that the winter soldier is one of the best if not the best marvel movie
>>
heath ledger was an awful joker
>>
>>64277435
feel very jurassic world to me
the scene where he is riding along the ants it was minute detail copy from starlord riding along the raptors
>>
>>64278687
HELP ME TONY
>>
GoTG > Ant-Man > > > Avengers 1,2, Iron Man > Iron Man 2 > Cap 1,2 > > Iron Man 3

Winter Soldier is the most overrated flick on this board. A couple scenes of decent fight choreography does not a good movie make. Third act was typical ticking time bomb meaninglessness. Their quips were aplenty and worse than Whedon's. Muh government is corrupt doesnt make it some deep political thriller.
>>
>>64278634
Posting /tv/-approved opinions is not the purpose on an unpopular opinions thread. No one is "crying" by pointing out how stupid you're being, take that childish shit back to reddit.
>>
>>64278866
I'll ask again, which post do you think was mine and where else did you see it?
>>
>>64278849
And yet you think GoTG is good
>>
>>64277435

It's the best next to Iron Man3 and 1. The rest of the MCU movies are really bad though
>>
>>64277435

Guardians>antman and the rest are pretty much shit
>>
>>64277435
Captain America 1 was better than 2 and one of the better marvel movies
>>
>>64278892
I quoted the posts I was talking about in my original comment. What point are you trying to make?
>>
>>64278914

And yet I do. I don't need to circlejerk w le /tv/ hive mind. It was the funniest, had the best set and character designs, effects, amazing world building, great action sequences. It felt like it's own thing, lovingly directed, rather than a blandly directed cookie cutter Marvel flick.
>>
>>64279006
it WAS a blandly directed cookie cutter marvel flick disguised as a derivative space opera though
>>
>>64279031
How so?
>>
File: 1285371578146[1].jpg (40 KB, 487x596) Image search: [Google]
1285371578146[1].jpg
40 KB, 487x596
>>64278756

Tony I...
>>
>>64278999
That you don't know what you're talking about. If you did, you'd be able to show me where else you've seen it. You know, since it's everywhere. Or are you just being argumentative for the sake of it?
>>
Is there ANY Marvel movie that looks good?

They all have that cheap tv look
>>
>>64279075
Iron man 1 is filmed pretty well in terms of angles and color pallet
>>
>>64279031

I can't agree. Gunn's direction is the best the company's seen. The cinematography felt actually cinematic, each frame teeming with color and life, rather than the tv tier visuals Marvel usually provides.
>>
>>64279061
Where else I've seen what? You haven't told me which post was yours. Tell me, and I can easily find another post saying the exact same shit on the board right now. Guaranteed.
>>
>>64278958

>fake mandarin movie
>good

Ayyy lmao
>>
>>64279129
Honestly, the mandarin was like the 6th thing wrong with that movie
>>
>>64277435
I was pleasantly surprised by ant man
>>
>>64279127
So you can't handle proving your statements right without me holding your hand? Look em all up, whenever you're ready.
>>
>>64279146

This, he was pretty much the only good thing about the movie imo. He felt menacing at first, then hilarious. Yeah, it was a cheap twist, but it was about the only clever thing it had going for it. The suits were cool for a second, until they were all so flimsy. Tony out of the suit for the whole picture, being so bitchy, and that little twerp were such an awful idea. Even the ending of "I don't need to be Iron Man after all!" was just odd.
>>
>>64279175
Even for bait, this is lazy.

How cowardly do you have to be to post an actual controversial opinion in an unpopular opinion thread? You know we're all anonymous users right?
>>
File: 1 (4).jpg (85 KB, 494x376) Image search: [Google]
1 (4).jpg
85 KB, 494x376
I think the Star Wars prequels are better in terms of story. Shit execution, but vastly superior in scope and themes to the simple story of the OT.

Overall, I don't think it's so much a question of whether or not the OT beat the prequels, so much as the prequels beat themselves, like a guy that takes too many roids and dies before the competition even begins.
>>
>>64279297
Why do you see a simple story as something bad?
>>
>>64279297

And who is this semen demon?
>>
>>64279297
name?
>>
>>64278405
>the aerial battles

Wasn't that just nostalgia? The end fight was a remake of the attacks on the Death Stars. The desert one was alright, though it would be nice if it was an actual pilot pulling off the amazing moves.
>>
>>64279336
>>64279338

Sunny Lane you fucking youngsters.

>>64279327

I guess it's because it contained a political sphere that made things more interesting for me. I could think of how those events affected other people, and it wasn't as black and white as the OT. The Republic and the Jedi were pretty much ineffectual assholes, who didn't even see their own demise coming.

I don't find much to like in the OT personally. I surely love the confrontation between Luke and Vader, and them as characters, along with Yoda's training, but Leia and Han annoy the shit out of me, and I've always found Chewbacca and the Ewoks infinitely more annoying than Jar Jar.
>>
>>64279216
>Even the ending of "I don't need to be Iron Man after all!" was just odd

And then immediately discarded. I thought that having Tony blow up the suits and take a less front-line role in the Avengers would actually be really awesome. He goes to his ivory tower, comes up with stuff like the helicarrier grid from CA2, and becomes convinced that he's so smart he can solve all the world's problems by himself. Meanwhile, Cap stays on the ground fighting and seeing the results, and grows disillusioned with what they're doing. It would actually pull the two apart in time for Civil War, turning them from mutually respectful allies into ideologically opposed enemies.

But no, they decided that Tony actually just went right back to making a fuckton of suits, including the Iron Legion, because no way he could learn anything from IM3, because characters can't change or evolve.
>>
>>64279559
I thought C3PO was so fucking annoying in the OT.
>>
>>64279559
>I guess it's because it contained a political sphere that made things more interesting for me

I hate those faggots who whined for a decade about how it was bringing politics into the prequels that ruined them. No, it really wasn't, and there was barely any politics more complex than a civil war (which isn't more taxing that the Rebellion of the OT). If you can't understand 'blockades and invasions to force someone to surrender' go back to literal kindergarten, because any history class beyond that will cover something similar.
>>
>>64279559
There's absolutely nothing to the political intrigue though, because we never see a single positive thing the Separatists do nor do we see a single living human being fighting for their cause on the battlefield. We don't see how anything affects other people because all the battles are between faceless droids and faceless clones, and outside of Naboo, what planet or people do we see who are experiencing the horrors of war?

The Clone Wars cartoon actually does a much better job of this that the supposed Star Wars movies for "adults".
>>
>>64279892
On the same hand, we never see a damn thing of the so called 'Imperial aggression and totalitarianism'. The only objectionable act is blowing up Alderaan, which is one of those not-really-justifiable 'military targets', like nuking Hiroshima to end WWII faster. We never see them abusing their power anywhere else; the only society we ever see is Tatooine, which seems to need more law and order, not less.

The Rebels might just be a few thousand people fed lies by their royal leaders and used as cannon fodder to extract their own concessions from the Empire, for all we see of their popular support or their underlying motivations.
>>
>>64279892

I said in the beginning that I think it's a great story told poorly. However, you're wrong on one account, because the Trade Federation has little to do with it -- they're literally a plot device to show off how the Republic more or less self-destructs. I mean, Palpatine may have been behind Order 66 and the Clones, but they still voted him into office. That's what I like about it. They had so many opportunities to see through it, but they remained blind sheep, and they all died because of it.

Of course, it could've been told far better: you could remove a lot of "I hate sand" or even take away the focus from Anakin. Hell, I would've loved an entire prequel trilogy that focused on Obi-Wan and Palpatine exclusively, with only a scene or something where you have two Jedis in an elevator (or whatever), making small talk, and one of them off-handedly mentions he's Anakin.

But yeah. After the Republic goes away, I find the setting as a whole a lot less interesting, because it pretty much becomes "good guys" vs "bad guys," whereas the Republic era is more about "What is good?"
>>
>>64277435
The avengers is a giant pile of trash even for capeshit standards
>>
>>64277927
>>64277629
winter soldier sucked
>>
>>64280284
Did it really? I never saw it.
>>
>>64280112
We see the Stormtroopers murder innocent people on Tatooine within the first thirty minutes of ANH, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: ss (2015-12-28 at 07.55.31).jpg (142 KB, 991x668) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-12-28 at 07.55.31).jpg
142 KB, 991x668
as a greghead i agree
>>
>>64281133
What, Owen and Beru?

Literally the only thing that points to it being Stormtroopers is Obi-Wan saying, "Yeah, definitely stormtroopers. See those blast marks? Stormtroopers."

The bodies are burned to a crisp, though we never see the stormtroopers using flamethrowers (and blasters don't do damage at all like that anywhere else in the movie). Also, if it was stormtroopers who found the farm, why would they murder those two then immediately leave? If they tracked the droids to the farm and interrogated the Lars family, they'd hear that Luke went out looking for the droids that morning. However, the troopers don't go searching the nearby desert (we don't see any evidence of them until Mos Eisley) and they don't leave anyone at the homestead in case Luke comes back.

Literally the only way it could have been stormtroopers that did in the Lars family was if they showed up with weapons never seen before or since, immediately torched the place without asking a single question, then got the fuck outta there as fast as possible. It doesn't make any goddamn sense that it was Stormtroopers who killed them, and far more likely that Obi-Wan wanted to plant that seed in Luke's mind so he could spirit the boy away to go fight for the Rebels. Fuck, it coulda been Jango Fett, back from the grave and looking to collect an old debt from Owen, because he's the only guy in the fucking series with a flamethrower.
>>
>>64281486
Obi-Wan knew horrible shit was going to happen to them, but he allowed it cus it was the only way to set luke skywalker on the right path was to separate him from all his loved ones.
>>
>>64277435
But its GotG ,family
>>
File: He Was A Good Friend Of Mine.jpg (16 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
He Was A Good Friend Of Mine.jpg
16 KB, 320x320
>>64281569
But even the timing is perfect; Luke is finally ready to leave Tatooine as an adult, he wants to rescue the girl and commit incest, but having his family die so suddenly, just when he is safe from harm with only Obi-Wan around. You'd suspect Obi-Wan of setting something up, a convenient way to sever the last of Luke's ties, but how would an old Jedi like Kenobi even know where to find people capable of murdering an innocent farm couple...
>>
>>64281010

As a guy who watches capeshit without ever having read a comic, I'd say it was the worst one I've seen.

But of course, I'm excluding garbage like the Hulk and Ant-Man which I'd skip on principle.
>>
>>64281987
>Ant-Man which I'd skip on principle

*tips fedora*

I too am a patrician, sir.
>>
>>64277472
>The Lost World: Jurassic Park was a great movie

Are there people who don't think this? I love Lost World.
>>
>>64282442

Not sure if that's irony, but it has nothing to do with being patrician, it's just an uninteresting premise and choke-full of actors I find downright annoying.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.