[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that blowing up Starkiller Base resulted in deaths of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 14
File: starkill.jpg (202 KB, 969x545) Image search: [Google]
starkill.jpg
202 KB, 969x545
Reminder that blowing up Starkiller Base resulted in deaths of possibly billions of unwillingly indocrinated stormtroops just like Finn. How in the fuck are Resistance good guys, again?
>>
File: Wew Lad.png (268 KB, 593x587) Image search: [Google]
Wew Lad.png
268 KB, 593x587
>>64269495

That's a story for another time..
>>
>>64269495
Name one resistance group ever that were the good guys.

you can't
>>
>>64269537

Your comment is extremely problematic

I shall report you to the closest jewish authorities.
>>
>>64269560
TRAITOR
>>
Reminder that the Jedi tried to dispose Sheev just because they didn't like his religion and that it was objectivly treason.
>>
File: morpheus.jpg (72 KB, 777x606) Image search: [Google]
morpheus.jpg
72 KB, 777x606
>>64269495
Same reason why Neo and Morph were justified.

They're a threat and there's not enough time and resources to rehabilitate all of them.
>>
File: 1445605461624.jpg (50 KB, 420x349) Image search: [Google]
1445605461624.jpg
50 KB, 420x349
>>64269495

>we were just following orders!
>it was just a prank bro!

I bet you sympathize with nazis too
>>
>>64269495
Because Starkiller base had killed trillions and threated the lives of trillions more
>>
>>64269528
this character was goddamn awful
>>
>>64269689
4 U
>>
>>64269677
Anti-Nazi is codeword for anti-white
>>
>>64269744
4everybody

she was not a big guy
>>
>>64269674
Justified in what? They were fighting machines that took over the planet and enslaved humanity, there's no need for justifications
>>
>I want a giant planet sized thing that will suck stars dry and blow planets and shit! You have 30 years to build me this thing
>B-but Mr. Snoke, wouldn't that be much simpler and resource efficient to build like 10000000000 TIE-fighters and 1000000000 nukes and dominate the galaxy without pouring everything into one clumsy station with a weak spot?
>FUCK YOU
>>
>>64269838
And killed countless humans locked in the Matrix along the way without remorse.

Justified just like the heroes in TFA.

Greater good.
>>
>>64269674
>They're a threat and there's not enough time and resources to rehabilitate all of them.

Just like the entirety of Africa and the Middle east
>>
Starkiller base had to be blown up to prevent it from blowing up half a dozen other planets killing billions more people.
>>
>>64269565
kek
>>
>>64269916
>It's a utilitarian
pleb
>>
Exigent circumstances.
>>
>>64269495
>let's make another pointless death star clone and blow it up within 30 minutes of introducing it
>>
>>64269988
Thus

Also planets got blown up right earlier.

Great post. Brought my thoughts out before I wrote them.
>>
>>64270063
>pointless
Eh. First one had 1:1 k/d ratio, and this one is at 4:1. The only pointless one was the second.
>>
>>64270063
The fact that people don't see a problem with this, and the fact that the writers wrote this and agreed that it was a good idea simply baffles me
>>
>>64269988
Any alternative plan wasn't even a part of their discussions. Nobody at resistance even questioned the moral implications of murdering billions FOR GREATAH GOOD. They didn't think about disabling it, or taking over it (hello, LOGH, a better written space opera), anything.
>>
what were the resistance resisting? and why where they so incredibly underfunded? and why would you send a guy you just met, a 70 year old and a wookie on their own to a hostile planet instead of filling the falcon with commandos? and how does a planet 'EAT' a star, wouldnt the heat from the star strip the world of life before it even reached the surface?
>>
>>64269528
she reminded me that old, annoying cunt from NCIS:Los Angeles
>>
>>64270152
>sure, let's us, a crew of a few hundred, take over a planet covered in billions of trained, indoctrinated soldiers and at least one known dark jedi with, presumably, a while fleet of star destroyers overhead

Think, don't feel. Use your intellect.
>>
>>64269537
Americans
>>
The destruction of Starkiller base will result in death of 400 trillion beings after Yuuzhan Vong invasion in episode VIII. Sheev could stop it. Snoke does nothing wrong.
>>
>it's a thread arguing about the logic of children's movies solely made to sell toys again
>>
>>64270152
This happens in ANH too faggot
>>
>>64270216
>americans
>ever good

top cuck
>>
>>64270175
>what were the resistance resisting?
The First Order
>and why where they so incredibly underfunded?
Cause they're getting their shit pushed
> and why would you send a guy you just met, a 70 year old and a wookie on their own to a hostile planet instead of filling the falcon with commandos?
Because they are a team of commandos, with a proven track record. Adding more people will just make the infilitration that much riskier.
> and how does a planet 'EAT' a star, wouldnt the heat from the star strip the world of life before it even reached the surface?
In the same way people's bodies can completely disappear when they die
>>
File: 1444314538186.jpg (34 KB, 639x312) Image search: [Google]
1444314538186.jpg
34 KB, 639x312
>>64270152

>hey yall we have about 15-20 mins to stop this xboxhueg weapon that, literally a day or two ago just blew up a bunch of planets, from fucking our shit up
>lets send in the 20 fighter ships we have to try our luck with diplomacy
>>
>>64270152
They didn't have any time, by the time they got to the planet they had 15 minutes before it was going to fire again (at them this time). This is the last reply I'll post because its obvious this thread is just shit posting.
>>
>>64270235
ISIS detected.
>>
>>64269495
What was the long term plan for the base?
After it had sucked the star dry, preparing to fire a second time, all life on it would die when the sun went out, the temperature would drop to, what. 0 kelvin (maybe not that low, but really fucking low), and everything on the planet would freeze and die. were they going to move the planet somehow? Drive it around? What about the atmosphere?
Starkiller base was the death star's retarded fat cousin.
What was even the point of sucking out the energy of the star if the already had the technology to blow up entire planets with lasers?
>>
File: 1436058901664.jpg (7 KB, 255x220) Image search: [Google]
1436058901664.jpg
7 KB, 255x220
>>64269495
>>64269495
How did the First Order afford to create a super-weapon more powerful than the Death Star, when the Empire could only create two even with all the funding and manpower in the galaxy?

That's like ISIS developing the world's biggest nuke in the desert.
>>
>>64270264
It's completely different technology, in a different period. Apples and oranges
>>
>>64269765
nice one memebrain
>>
>>64269495

It seems totally implausible that First Order could build that when it took the entire Empire quite a while to build just one Death Star.

I don't think they had billions of personell either. Maybe 3-5 million tops.
>>
>>64270116
The problem is you don't feel any weight to those kills. In the first one, leia is conflicted with her losing her home world vs losing any hope of resisting the empire. In tfa it's 4 random planets that get blown up. Was one of them even courasant? Did we have a reason to really care about the Republic in the first place?
>>
>>64269677

>Brainwashed from birth
>Hurrr durrrrrr Nazis

The irony of anti-facists is hilarious
>>
>>64270223
Yeah, but ANH didn't try to humanize stormtroopers. As far as audience is concerned they are all violent rapists who love blowing planets up. The whole character of Finn and awkward propaganda scenes change it and show that stormtroopers are mostly children dragged from their homes and brainfucked into serving.
>>
>>64270236

resistance implies a continuation after defeat, which hadn't happened, because the republic was in the ascendancy, so the first order were the resistance and... lel why am i bothered, the script was written in 3 months again and nobody really thought it through
>>
>>64270290
>It's completely different technology

It's a superior technology, m8. A superior technology made by an inferior faction. How?
>>
>>64270264
HYPERSPACE LASERS

BLOW UP SYSTEM ACROSS THE GALAXY

BIGGER AND BADDER
>>
>>64270264

they had 20000 republic dataries which did fine
>>
>>64270290
>It's completely different technology, in a different period
Well I guess in 30 years flying cars fueled by nuclear energy will be a thing right?
>>
>>64270322
Yeah they didn't really put a lot of effort to set it up in the narrative. They basically just wanted to have some cool explosions in the third act, and to make the Han-Kylo scene more dramatic.
>>
>>64270264
JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF BRO
>>
>>64270264
never understood this stupid argument. Just by looking at the fo spaceships, equipment, and the like it seems well funded and with a functioning space-military industrial complex. Why should it be less advanced than the Empire?
>>
>>64270332
It's been what, 60 years since the first death star? Fucking Uzbekistan is using superior technology to 1950's USA these days.
>>
>>64270415
Because is doesn't control an area the size of the Empire. It would have less funding, less manpower, less resources.
>>
I wouldn't have minded the starkiller base if it stayed a plot point in the sequels. It's just obscenely huge and a half assed plan formed in 10 minutes is all it takes to destroy it. Why does a storm trooper captain have the codes to take down an entire shield array alone. Shouldn't something that important take multiple people to shut off?
>>
>>64269495
>Oh no we have to kill real human beans in a war
No it was way better to let the First Order blow them right up :^)
>Sturmtroopers dindu nuffin it waz all big mane indoctrination
Japs were indoctrinated as well and that didn't stop the Americans from nuking them twice. Shit why am I even responding to this shitty Tumblr bait anyway
>>
>>64270261
>this
Starkiller base was just an attempt to 1up the deathstar but it really doesn't work scaled up tp this size.
>>
>>64269495
>billions of unwillingly indocrinated stormfags
The planet was a huge fucking icicle, it was not teeming with sentient life.
>>
>>64269495
>just like Finn
Here's your mistake.
>>
>>64269495
War is full of bad choices, do you not sink the Bismark or the yamatto because of all those innocent sailors onboard?

I really wish someone would reign in JJ's fetish for blowing up planets though. It would have been much better in Trek and Wars if they had saved the destruction of a planet to something less trivial.

In a new hope blowing up Alderaan is a huge moment for the story, it only happens once in the films and the effects ripple through the galaxy, obi won is visably shocked by it and he isn't even near the event. In TFA several planets are destroyed at once and it is treated as little more than a cheap FX shot..

There is more drama in something like the world devastators from dark force rising than the star killer base.

Also the ending could have been better served by having the star killer simply wrecked but not destroyed by the attack. Leaving some kind of morality delima for the resistance later in the films.
>>
>>64270264
Won the space lotto and were flush with space cash
>>
>>64270871
That delima being that the new republic or the resistance needing to build a weapon capable of blowing up a planet. Do they build their own death star, that symbol of a weapon of terror and risk becoming just like the empire they fought so hard against or do they find another way.

As for the x-wing squadron it would have made some sense if they had explained that the rest of the alience fleet was on the other side of the galaxy, and only that squadron was left from when the star killer attacked.

"All we have left is a handful of xwings, against that?!" ... "Never tell me the odds kid."
>>
>>64269495
There was like 5 stormtroopers stationed there at the time. Theres no other explanation for how they infiltrate so easily with nobody around.
>>
>>64269495
>possibly billions

Not even close. It was empty as fuck. Han and friends were running around and met like a dozen of stormtroopers in the entire base.

It's very possible that Starkiller wasn't even made by them. It was probably a Rakatan relic they just found and fixed.
>>
>>64269495
>billions of unwillingly indocrinated stormtroop
where do you get that number from?
>>
File: 1441145016723.gif (327 KB, 316x231) Image search: [Google]
1441145016723.gif
327 KB, 316x231
>create a massive army + a space lazer
>destroy it all in the first movie of the trilogy

Gee, for someone who thinks so far ahead like Disney, planning to create their own universe while shitting on EU for absolutely no reason instead of exploiting it - they don't really think that far ahead.

I bet the sequels will have Yuuzhan Vong. I mean, if you go retarded, why stop there.
>>
>>64271055

There was probably 100 000 of them in the base. It was just really fucking big.
>>
>>64271176
Ermagerdirtzamergamernmawnkii!
>>
>>64269495
The First Order is a false flag to bolster Republic support for needing the Resistance.

Leia is secretly Snoke.

X-Wing fuel can't melt Starkiller beams.
>>
>>64270264
In defense of the star killer...

The original deathstar is a prototype. It is considerably smaller than the full sized production model deathstar 2 with was nearly complete just a few years after ANH it would stand to reason that it was planned from the start. (Ignoring ep3.

The star killer is a cannibalized planet, parts of it are hollowed out, the resources of the base could have been mined from the planet itself. Rather than having to build a massive structure they go and carve up an existing planet to do it. Perhaps even using the molten core of the world to power part of the base itself. The thing has to eat the plasma of a star in order to charge a shot eluding to some sort of Dyson sphere type technology.

It would have been much more interesting to have some back story rather than Han basically saying "another death star?"

Also did they say that it could fire between solar systems? It looked more like the star killer just jumped in next to the star, sucked it dry then what out plasma at the planets. As if just removing the star itself wouldn't be enough.
>>
>>64270261
I assumed they had a method to move the thing around somehow.

More importantly the first shot wiped out the majority of the opposing fleet and the second would have totaled their main base of operations and all of their important leaders.

They probably wouldn't even need the base to be operational if that second shot went off without a hitch. Could have just rolled their ships on any planet they liked without any opposition.
>>
>>64271223
Oh yeah, so big the place they were keeping Rey, phasma and the shield control, and the gyro stabilizer were all with minutes walking distance.
>>
>>64271314
CUT SNOWMOBILE CHASE SCENE
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
KYLO BUILT IT IN A CAVE
WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS
AND NO FLIGHT PLAN
>>
>>64271332
Really? I say models and stuff of a new order snow speeder buy never remember seeing it in the film. That would explain a lot.
>>
>>64269495
So what else are they supposed to do? Let them blow up planets unachallanged?
>>
>>64271282
First it sucks up a star. This is bullshit in that, if we assume the Starkiller is 1 Earth Mass and the star next to it was 1 Solar mass then it should have multiplied its mass by 333,000 times into an area the same size as the Earth (12742km diameter sphere) when it was previously a the size of our Sun (1.392million km). Since this would account for a massive increase in density it would create a lot more gravity concentrated in a smaller area of space, specifically in the area around the Starkiller itself. This is approaching Neutron Star levels of density and gravity, which are like the little siblings to Black Holes.

So we're forced to accept that the Starkiller can form a feat that spits in the face of astrophysics more than anything else in Star Wars ever has before by several orders of magnitude. Also, when the thing is destroyed, the star that emerges is the same size as the Starkiller, despite being a lot bigger before being eaten.

I know it probably shouldn't bug me, but it REALLY bugs me.
>>
>>64271490
But you see, it only sucks the suns DARK ENERGY
>>
>>64271055
Finn probably knows how the patrols work
>>
>>64271440
That would handwave a lot you mean

It's just retarded not to include even a hint and makes the flick that much stupider
>>
>>64270871
>In TFA several planets are destroyed at once and it is treated as little more than a cheap FX shot..
Parrot, still upset about Vulcan?
You see more people affected by planet destruction in TFA than in ANH.
>>
>>64269495
literally enemy combatants bombarding civilians right that moment
>>
>>64271490
If you try to apply science to starwars.. Or logic to jj-trek your head will asplode.

I was just trying to work out a way that the starkiller would make a little more sense.

I would have really liked the idea that they manage to cripple it at the end, destroy the superweapon and not outright destroy it. Maybe they fuck up the mcguffin and it has to spew back all of the plasma it was sucking g from the star and ends up crippling the weapon and wrecking havoc on the planet. Forcing them to retreat.
>>
>>64269495
Who were all complicit in the murder of x billions of civilians. Yes they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell.
>>
>>64269495
Why would they need a billion people to operate one battle station?
>>
>>64270705
This. I got the impression that it was a relatively small base.
>>
File: 1430043607782.jpg (104 KB, 740x740) Image search: [Google]
1430043607782.jpg
104 KB, 740x740
>yfw Snoke was a big guy
>>
>>64272044
Snoke is the real Sheev (the one who died was a clone)
>>
File: 1327847691872.jpg (35 KB, 566x472) Image search: [Google]
1327847691872.jpg
35 KB, 566x472
Wait so if the resistance is made up of the same people who rebuilt the Republic, then how are they a resistance?
Wouldn't they just be the army of the Republic?
I have so many questions.
>>
How are walking on Starkiller surface if has no atmosphere? A bunch of trees won't produce ozone layer and protect you from star radiation.
How is everyone hyperspace travelling from different planets, is every planet Earthlike with exact same atmospheric composition and pressure, same microbiological organisms etc? I get sick from traveling by plane to another country ffs.
>>
>>64271997
Average modern battleship has ~1500 men personnel, carriers even more. How many space janitors do you think you need to keep this shit clean?
>>
>>64271752
I wouldn't have minded if it sucked-off residual plasma like the Star Forge did. Part of the genius of the Star Forge was that it was designed to operate off the power of a star for potentially billions of years and was at least thousands, if not millions of years old already. That the Starkiller needs to eat a whole sun each time is incredibly wasteful. Also that the lasers enter hyperspace at some point we don't actually get to see before slowing down so they can smack into 5 planets conveniently almost in a perfect alignment and visibility of both each-other and the planet that Maz and the protags were on.
>>
>>64272260
Takonada is actually on the other side of the galactic core from the hosnian system. That was just JJ being JJ. Nigga cant into scale. He should have just had Rey feel a disturbance.
>>
>>64272131

The same why the entire planet didn't frozen when the fucking sun was gone, the same why there was still light at planet when the only star around was gone, the same why anything in this flick happened.

It's a fucking retardad flick for retardad little kids and mandchildren. God, at least they didn't blow up a sun like in the leaks
>>
>>64271026
They explain what happened to the rest of the fleet, you literal retard: They were killed when the death star shotgun got them.
>>
>>64272483
no. that's stupid. you're stupid.
>>
>>64272534
>that's stupid

Directed by JJ abrams
>>
>>64271675
There are absolutely zero stakes in the planets destroyed in TFA. We know nothing about them, we have no connection to them, we don't know a single character on them. It's an empty gesture on the same level as twirling a mustache.
>>
>>64269495
REMINDER THAT THE RESISTANCE WAS NOT A LOCAL, NATURALLY OCCURRING REACTION TO ANY KIND OF 'OPPRESSION'

REMINDER THAT THESE FOREIGN FIGHTERS WERE ORGANIZED AND FUNDED BY THE REPUBLIC.

LEIA SHOT FIRST.
>>
File: beezidcom-girl-hot.jpg (42 KB, 664x456) Image search: [Google]
beezidcom-girl-hot.jpg
42 KB, 664x456
>>64269495
The Resistance doesn't wear 2 tone solid colors. That makes them good.
>>
>>64269537

Exactly. There is no chaotic good.

You can have good intentions, but bring bad outcomes. That makes you benevolently evil.
>>
File: Ozymandiascomics.jpg (9 KB, 154x200) Image search: [Google]
Ozymandiascomics.jpg
9 KB, 154x200
They killed millions to save billions, that's acceptable.
>>
The movie was stupid and the bad guys were pathetic, but it could still have been fun if it had been a buddy movie just with Finn and Poe.
>>
>The entire fleet of the new republic, 60 odd years after having time to make something really cool is a handful of xwing fighters
>The death star, while unrealistic, atleast has a consistent backstory and not meme magic tier technology behind it
>Meanwhile, starkiller base is literally JJ saying "look, mine is way cooler", and making zero sense, even from an in universe perspective

Don't even get me started on the complete bullshit that apparently starkiller base, all 5 republic planets, the republic military base and the forest planet ARE ALL IN THE SAME FUCKING STAR SYSTEM BECAUSE THEY CAN LITERALLY SEE THE SHOT TRAVEL THROUGH SPACE AND HIT THE PLANETS WITH THEIR

NAKED

FUCKING

EYE
>>
>>64269495
Man this is such shit writing, the first order struck first destroying what looked like a highly inhibited planet in the Republic.
>>
>>64273615
>republic funds a rebel group in your territory
>WE DINDU NUFFIN
>>
>>64269495
They were soldiers and there is war going on. Get over it hippie.
>>
>>64273585
starkiller base doesn't need to be near the others. It fires through hyperspace or some shit
>>
what will episode 9 have, starkiller base 2 with a chunk of the planet missing?
>>
>>64269495
daily reminder that by sucking up a star they would distort the gravity in the entire system causing planets and death start to fly with great speed in one direction which did not happen at all.
>>
>>64273535
Would have been a way better movie
Pros
>Poe probably would have talked Finn into fighting the nazi's with him
Cons
>Tumblr would start making fag art of them
>>
>>64274233
>>Tumblr would start making fag art of them

This is already happening everywhere, not just tumblr.
>>
>>64274183
Probably with the Sith going into hiding recruiting and training
And the Jedi Order rebuilt

No big planet no death star just The Sith vs the Jedi

Inc Force Ghost Luke, Force Ghost Ben Solo, looking upon Rey at the first temple of the jedi with padawans running around and shit

Creditz
>>
>>64274179
Oh yea, because hyperspace is suddenly visible to the naked eye?
>>
>>64274310
You're right there are no cons then
>>
>>64274192

that could have still happened you fucking idiot. it wasn't long after sucking up the star that the scene ended.

and the planet sucked up the mass of the star, then became the star. at most it moved the center of that solar system ~1 million miles
>>
>>64269495
>How in the fuck are Resistance good guys, again?
The star wars universe is a black and white universe.
>>
>>64270063
Everything about this movie was fucking lazy
>>
>>64269495
>How in the fuck are Resistance good guys, again?

Well, the Starkiller Base had just blown up several planets worth of civilians, and the Resistance blew up the Starkiller Base (which is a military target).

Seriously, how retarded are you?
>>
>>64273743
>Iraq funds a rebel group in your territory
>retaliate by blowing up Earth, Mars and Jupiter
>>
THey already blew up like six planets with the thing you fucking idiots. Did you not pay attention to the movie? If you're in an army that blew up billions of people & aliens, and you're stationed at the base from which they launched that attack, you're fucking liable and a legitimate military target. There's no plot hole here, it makes perfect sense.
>>
>>64274802
Bet Iraq would never do it again.
>>
>>64269528
Character was shit, CGI was shit, and Lupita N-whateverthefuck is shit - BIG PILE OF SHIT
>>
>>64270223
All the stormtroopers in ANH were either volunteers or clones m8

I hate how they tried humanizing them though
>>
File: luke_terrorist.jpg (649 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
luke_terrorist.jpg
649 KB, 1920x1080
>>64269495
The Force is a religion of peace
>>
>>64275596
I'd become a muslim if it meant I could use the force and got a lightsaber
>>
>>64269495
Being indoctrinated isn't an excuse when you literally serve an Empire that destroys planets and murders it's own civilians.

ISIS members are indoctrinated, should we mourn their deaths as well, or does this only count for white people?
>>
>Rebels successfully destroy the Empire
>no ruling government
>universal economy collapses, credits become useless
>Rebels try to create a universal government
>leaders of Systems and planets don't give a shit
>"Why should we listen to these whinny terrorists?"
>each System and planet put into chaos, eventually creating their own ruling governments and own economy
>wars break out between Systems and planets about their differences
>hundreds of millions die through out the galaxy
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.