[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /tv/ i think I know your answer but now that the dust has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 2015-07-10 08.57.08.png (747 KB, 1044x719) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-10 08.57.08.png
747 KB, 1044x719
So /tv/ i think I know your answer but now that the dust has settled... What was your opinion of Interstellar

I mean your honest opinion. Not your 4chan opinion.

Finally saw it and I thought it was pretty good.

>Inb4 go back to reddit.

Just answer the Q lads
>>
>>64267519

I liked it despite its many flaws. It's great to watch a completely original, big budget SF movie that's unashamedly pro-technology and pro-spaceflight.

The film doesn't really make logical sense in a lot of ways but the plot holes and bad science are just about forgivable as its well directed, well acted, tense, and has an amazing soundtrack.
>>
>>64267519
One of the most insane movie experiences I've ever had. Saw it with my friends, and it really was spectacular, in the literal sense.

It was deeply flawed, as I admitted to later on, but as an aspiring filmmaker myself it was fucking inspiring.
>>
>>64267973
I think the worst thing Interstellar could do is inspire future filmmakers. The movie was dumb and obnoxious like Michael Bay, only it's worse because there was an air of unwarranted self-importance to the script (the whole scene with the teacher for example). Clunky exposition, rough sketches of characters that aren't Cooper and Murph, some of the worst sound mixing of all time, and this isn't even getting into the totally retarded last 30 minutes.

Nolan's worst movie in years, probably ever.
>>
It's kind of dumb, I was rolling my eyes so hard near the end.
>>
File: 1434677967882.png (2 MB, 854x1281) Image search: [Google]
1434677967882.png
2 MB, 854x1281
>>64268122
That stupid speech about love snapped me right out of the movie.
>>
It was a decent little flick, nice paced and interesting scenario if totally unbelievable. Looked amazing as usual for Nolan films (barring goofs)

I give it a 6/10, not bad
>>
>>64268122
I was talking more about how it was as an experience. If I can make people feel half as awed in one of my films as Nolan did in that I'll be happy.
>>
>>64268326
If you want people to be in awe of how stupid you are, yes take your pages from Nolan's book.
>>
>>64267519
A shitty attempt at emotional manipulation to make the audience miss the bit where the story makes no fucking sense and,like every nolan film, is full of plot holes and coincidences

Cinematography was nice though
>>
it was fucking ridiculous

clearly this douchebag was going for his own retarded version of 2001, but since he can't into minimalism, symbolism or dialogue, it just ended up being a fucking nightmare

i can't stand this guy and i really wish he would stop making movies that are desperately pretending to be films
>>
Everything on earth was garbage. The twist ending was shyamalan tier. The science was all bullshit. The characters were soulless. The drama was forced and not enough screen time was given to the beautiful visuals which is all this flick had going for it
>>
>>64268351
Okay
>>
>we cant just leave people on earth starving
>leaves them anyway lmao
>>
>>64268202
>>64268365

This if I must tell you the truth my kin. Great visuals and sound and interesting ideas dragged back by a clichéd "love conquers all" narrative.
>>
>tfw /tv/ asspies hate Nolan so much they have to spam buzzwords nonstop when this movie is brought up.

Also you know there's a whole book explaining the science behind it, right? They didn't just pull this out of their asses. Oh that's right I forgot /tv/ is full of 6'5" PhD engineers and physicists making 300K/ year with 9" dicks who know everything. Why can't I get off this train of stupid...
>>
The last 20 minutes were fucking astounding. It's a shame the rest was pure concentrated dog shit.

The Matt Damon bit killed the movie.
>>
>>64268822
Actually this is wrong, the last 45 minutes were great aside from the last 5 minutes. The Matt Damon shit and the very last 5 minutes fucking ruin this movie.
>>
it was fine.
>>
>>64268779
>They didn't just pull this out of their asses.
Uh... bro...
>>
Man, I haven't even seen it yet. I'm not even interested enough to pirate it. All that talk about how bad and tryhard everything was made me wary. And I've already seen TFA and Warm Black Dingus. When will it come out on tv? I'll catch it then I guess.
>>
I really enjoyed it. All of it. Didn't even mind the love scene or tie in at the end.

Yep.
>>
It was really enjoyable and with 10/10 visuals. The only thing that bothered me was its ending. Would've been much better with a 'darker' one.
7.5/10
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.