[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did /tv/ think of the 2005 version of King Kong? I really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 017-king-kong-theredlist.jpg (437 KB, 2048x1157) Image search: [Google]
017-king-kong-theredlist.jpg
437 KB, 2048x1157
What did /tv/ think of the 2005 version of King Kong? I really liked it, the extended edition even more so, great adventure movie.
>>
the video game adaptation was surprisingly good.
>>
>>64265386
I liked it a lot.
One of the few non sappy movies that made me Teary eyed
>>
File: kong.gif (900 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
kong.gif
900 KB, 400x200
>>64265386

It was ok but their is only so many times you can tell the same story again and again.

That's why i'm looking forward to seeing toho kong back on the big screen, least it's something different and funny.
>>
I liked the theatrical edition. The extended edition basically has more dinosaurs and shit but that doesn't make it better, similar to PJ's LOTR stuff
>>
>>64265386
Yeah it's pretty good. They don't make Hollywood blockbusters of this epic scale magnitude anymore. I guess we can thank Marvel Studios and their watered down one-off solo phase films for that. They hammered home that you can make a profit out of films with the same regurgitated plot elements and still make a healthy profit. They truly ruined Hollywood.
>>
>>64265767
I agree, but I think the extra dinosaurs and shit were cool, insect pit is brutally horrifying. I understand why they weren't in the theatrical cut however, don't exactly help the pacing.
>>
I'd love it if it wasn't 25 hours long. I gotta pee sometimes you know
>>
>The boat
So comfy.

>The island and afterwards
CGI set pieces gone astray and going trough the motions with the original plot.

2/5, a bit too indulgent at Peter Jackson's half for my tastes. But it was nice to finally get to see the original planned bug sequence.
>>
>>64265926
Yeah the boat scenes are comfy as fuck.
>>
File: file.png (154 KB, 512x219) Image search: [Google]
file.png
154 KB, 512x219
10/10 scene
>>
>>64265926
I thought the winter scenes in New York were pretty comfy as well honestly. Really felt like an accurate depiction of the city at the time.

>>64266003
It's just such a horrible way to die, Jackson really knows his death scenes.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.