[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chapelle Show is the funniest tv show ever made. fight me, /pol/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9
File: Dave-Chappelle.jpg (1 MB, 1273x1800) Image search: [Google]
Dave-Chappelle.jpg
1 MB, 1273x1800
Chapelle Show is the funniest tv show ever made.

fight me, /pol/
>>
meme show made by a mudslime
>>
>oprah winfrey is trying to kill me!
>>
Some of it is really dated (commercial parodies that require you to know about the original source material)
Other stuff really holds up (Charlie Murphy's stories and blind kkk guy)

>American black guy
>goes to Africa
>goes nuts
Why do they keep on doing this? If you're a successful black guy/gal in America don't go to Africa. It will only mess you up
>>
File: tumblr_n4b6heCw6R1rwdvuco2_500.gif (631 KB, 500x230) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4b6heCw6R1rwdvuco2_500.gif
631 KB, 500x230
>>64265142
Holy shit, man! That's a nigger!
>>
american humour is fucking shit all they do is shout
>>
The majority of the sketches were pretty bad, especially early on.
>>
>>64265142
Some of the skits don't hold up. Some were great. It was really the first meme show.
>>
>>64265312
Time to get off the internet.
>>
>>64265142
The last thing he did to make me laugh was that Wayne Brady thing, whatever season that was.
Oh, and the Haters Ball. I liked that.
Other than that stuff though.. meh.
He's like a poor mans' pre-disney Eddie Murphy, but without the charisma.
>>
i 100% agree
>>
The only reason white people loved this show is because they finally thought it was ok to laugh at black people, the actual quality is similar to other sketch shows.
>>
He has a funny voice so no even if the joke wasn't funny I laughed
>>
YELLOW CAKE
>>
You had to be stoned to enjoy the show
>>
One of the few shows that has ever made me laugh out loud till my sides hurt.
>>
You guys are actually starting to hate everything that was/is popular now except for star wars.

Let's just hope oxygen becomes too mainstream.
>>
File: 1394521129177.gif (328 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
1394521129177.gif
328 KB, 350x263
>Dave went cray
>Patrice died

Cruel world
>>
Most of the sketches were funny, some were hilarious and some missed. I'm glad it got 2.5 seasons before it jumped the shark.
>>
File: consent.jpg (49 KB, 640x855) Image search: [Google]
consent.jpg
49 KB, 640x855
The Love Contract skit actually became more relevant than ever.
>>
>>64265142
I like You Bet Your Life but that's ok anon.
>>
I wonder how Dave felt about white people laughing harder at his jokes about racism than black people.
>>
>>64265475
It fucked with him, naturally. He got cold feet and hesitant about shit because of that.
>>
>>64265307
nah
>>
>>64265475
Didn't he actually tweet or something bitching about that?
>waaaah white people are laffin at my black jokes
>>
>>64265334
>>64265400
>>64265312
>>64265165
>>64265245
Kill yourselves.
>>
>>64265544
although it's not exactly confirmed, it seems to be the entire reason he quit
best thing about him was that he made fun of white people, latinos, blacks and asians, everyone. I didn't quite get why he felt like he did back then
>>
File: kat.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
kat.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>64265589
Yea, its wierd. I remember him shitting on 'everyone'. He was an equal opportunity hater.
Ah well. At least we've still got Kat Williams.
>>
>>64265334
>The last thing he did to make me laugh was that Wayne Brady thing, whatever season that was.

I find this skit hilarious but kind of disturbing at the same time.

Clearly racism is an issue the show wanted to explore but it rarely did anything to break down the stereotypes fueled by racism.

Take that skit for example, Wayne Brady is mocked as the whitest black guy alive and it's so funny seeing him do things that are so black and out of character, suggesting that those habits that he does do are indicative of blacks, namely violence against women, drugs and gang activity. Did Dave want to break down the barriers created by racist notions or reinforce them?
>>
Dave Chappelle. Wow. What a coward. His official explanation for quitting or at least one of the attributing factors is because someone on set was laughing at him, not with him. So here's a guy who has an opportunity to do what he supposedly loves doing and get paid for it (comedy), and he quits because someone laughed at one of his sketches the "wrong way"? And him, being so insightful and perceptive, in a room presumably full of laughing people, could somehow distinguish between all those who genuinely found the joke funny and the one guy who apparently was only laughing because he was ...racist? or something?

Dave Chappelle is basically the grown man equivalent to the kid who, in a fit of emotion takes all his toys and goes home to cry because someone made fun of him.

Man the fuck up, nigger.
>>
>>64265644
How about this sketch is about how Wayne Brady is considered to be a nice guy and is shown to be a thug instead of white / black?
>>
I thought /pol/ liked him. He's pretty redpilled.
>>
I liked the street hoops skit with billy

>Think i dont have playstation? Im rich!
>>
>>64265554
Why? I'm not the one crying like a little faggot.
>>
>>64265142
I recently tried to rewatch it but it kinda sucked, like 3 skits in an episode that went on way too long and 2 out of 3 were shit

Then the fucking retarded rap guest artist at the end of each episode

The good skits are GOAT but as a whole it doesnt really hold up
>>
>>64266654
Perhaps, but that would be ignoring the obvious and accepted perception of Wayne Brady and insulting to the intelligence of the viewer.
>>
yo listen i gotta shut down the studio
>>
>>64266884
no?! Maybe you're just racist and unable to characterize people beyond race
>>
>>64266914
I can see people beyond race. But Chapelle's show has clearly dealt with those stereotypes. And his own show said about Wayne Brady that white people love him because "he makes makes Brian Gumble look like Malcolm X." Race is a central theme in the show, it just ironically often reinforces the negative stereotypes instead of breaking them down or finding a way to satirize or spoof those racist perceptions.
>>
>>64265369
DONT DROP THAT SHIEET
>>
I used to work on the Chappelle Show as one of the set builders.

Chappelle is the coolest celebrity I've ever met, but while he and everyone thought the racial jokes he made were funny, deep down he felt like he was selling out his race by doing them and that wasn't a secret.

These days he's made himself such a highly sought commodity he can basically take on any comedic role he wants.
>>
>>64265210

He went nuts THEN went to Africa. Africa didn't make him nuts.
>>
>>64265142
I just want more Charlie Murphy sketches, that guy is fantasic
>>
>>64265165
YES THEY DESERVED TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL
>>
>>64265210
I saw him do stand up on his first tour back from Africa. he didn't seem nuts at all and it was the best show I've ever seen.
>>
>>64265589
>although it's not exactly confirmed, it seems to be the entire reason he quit
Although that probably added to his stress, it was much more about his problems with Comedy Central execs investing 50 million dollars into him and consequently wanting more control of the show.
>>
>>64265644
>racism is an issue the show wanted to explore

This show didn't come close to exploring anything. He made cheap jokes relying on stereotypes and thought that was the same thing as deconstructing them.
>>
File: based sowell.jpg (15 KB, 236x225) Image search: [Google]
based sowell.jpg
15 KB, 236x225
>>64266731
This.

So many idiots on here think of /pol/ as a hivemind characterised by a cartoonish goosestepping villain who keeps Nazi memorabilia and wants to kill all non-whites.

This is because they can't tell the difference between shitposting trolls who use politics/racism as bait, and genuine right wing or "race realist" views.

I'm pretty sure there are false flaggers on 4chan as well, people who scream insane, over the top racism/misogyny then screencap to use as examples of the monsters on here, or reply to themselves with ">>>/pol/" so everyone knows /pol/ is the bad guy.

There are nutters on every board as well and /pol/ is no different, but not everyone who goes to /pol/ is a racist, just like not everyone on /tv/ is a baneposter.

In my experience, the majority of /pol/ respect black people who behave responsibly. Thomas Sowell is one of /pol/'s heroes and they even support the work of Jewish people like Milo Yiannopoulos.
>>
>>64268943
Never been to /pol/ but when I say go back /pol/ it is just meant as response to childish racism like spamming nigger.
No idea if they actually do that but EVERYONE knows what I mean.
>>
>>64269335
Again, you need to learn the difference between genuine racism and shitposting trolls.

Someone just spamming an offensive word should be directed to /b/. Someone expressing right wing views on race, well, we're all entitled to express our views on any board, even if they're unpopular or offensive.

Only someone posting off topic political subjects should be sent to /pol/.
>>
>>64269457
What is the difference between someone pretending to shitpost and someone genuinely shitposting?
>>
>>64266539
>someone on set was laughing at him, not with him
It was bill burr
>>
>>64267047
PRAY TO GOD
>>
>>64269532
They call that the "Melbourne Paradox"
>>
>>64265369
FROM THE MOTHER LAND
>>
>>64265644
It was mocking training day you sperg
>>
All I know is Black Gallagher don't go out like no punk bitch with a mallet.

BLACK GALLAGHER BITCH
>>
>>64269910
I GOT WARRANTS
>>
>>64265142
le funny man said le funny joke in a silly voice XD XD XD XD XD XD
>>
>haHAA dude I'm black
>haha nigga I'm black as fuck
>did I mention I'm black? nigga
>>
>>64270045
>all comedy is terrible
>>
>>64265369
>>64267047
>>64269579
>>64269658
THE CRADLE OF FUCKING CIVILIZATION
>>
>>64265142
Not /pol/ but his bitterness comes through too much and the material isnt funny enough to counterbalance it.
>>
>>64270162
>your life is terrible
ftfy family
>>
>>64270165
Bitch you cookin'?
>>
>>64268943
Lol whatever fag
>>
File: 1301018719021.gif (394 KB, 200x163) Image search: [Google]
1301018719021.gif
394 KB, 200x163
>>64265142
forced blackness.
musical guests that are time wasters.
half the sketches were shit.
you're a tool.
>>
>white people be like this black people be like that
people like this guy?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x358) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x358
>>64270165
This guy was always my favorite desu
>>
>>64269457
>lol raciam is just a joke u guise xd

Fuck off you flaming retard.
>>
>>64272176
You seriously don't know what a troll is?
>>
File: 1413832918732.jpg (7 KB, 300x244) Image search: [Google]
1413832918732.jpg
7 KB, 300x244
>>64265369
>>64267047
>>64269579
>>64270165

I always though that was the funniest shit in the world,

godamn it feels good not being the only one
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.