[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deus Ex movie when?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: tyty.jpg (54 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
tyty.jpg
54 KB, 636x358
Deus Ex movie when?
>>
If it ever happens its going to be Human Revolution dogshit, so who cares
>>
File: 1420339764889.jpg (154 KB, 558x529) Image search: [Google]
1420339764889.jpg
154 KB, 558x529
>>
>>64264668
>>
>>64264688
This.
>>
>>64264668
Deus Ex used exploration and background details you had to search for/ read people's books/news terminals/hack people's emails to explain the world and most of the backstory. A movie would have to lose almost all of that and you'd just end up with the main plotline and it would be a disappointment.
>>
>>64264967
this
>>
>>64264668
Why do you need a movie when it's literally unfolding in reality?
>>
>>64264984
>>64266494
this
>>
>>64264967
>>64264984
>>64266494
>>64266866
I never asked for this
>>
>>64266433

might end up as a counter-terrorism movie

>YOU HAVE TO STOP
>BUT PAUL, I MUST KILL THE TERRORIST
>NO, JC U(natco) ARE THE TERRORIST
>and then JC was the internet
>>
>Making movies based on video games
Why do people think this is a good idea in the first place? There has never been a good movie based on a video game, period. Taking a player driven narrative and bringing it into a more linear cinematic adaption never works out. Even the video games that attempted to capture the 'cinematic' essence of movies end up flawed because of it.
>>
>>64267051
I never asked for you
>>
File: sniper.jpg (783 KB, 2861x2221) Image search: [Google]
sniper.jpg
783 KB, 2861x2221
I would kindly ask capeshit subhumans to leave anime and videogame franchises the fuck alone. Thank you.
>>
>>64267160
Movie adaptations of games don't work out because the producers don't want to make faithful adaptations and just want the name recognition. It has nothing to do with "player driven narratives," which don't even exist in all games.
>>
>>64267160

>Even the video games that attempted to capture the 'cinematic' essence of movies end up flawed because of it.

Yep. Tbqh those developers might as well just use the game engine to render a feature-lenght animation they can put up on netflix and spare us the interactive movie vidya bullshit.
>>
>>64267160
Indeed, that's another proof that video game is a much superior form of art.
>>
Movie adaptation of games only even occur because there's enough demand for it to be profitable. In what scenario are producers and directors deciding to create a fundamentally unoriginal work out of pure and creative motives? This has been demonstrated to excess in the last decade, and they are almost invariably shit. The people stupid enough to still even want movie adaptations of anything are fucking morons who clap after Marvel capeshit.
>>
>>64264668

>an hour and a half of crawling through an office and hacking into nodes
>>
RoboCop(1987) It already happened,.
>>
>>64267160
The first Resident Evil was alright, it's not like it was going to Cannes but as an action flick it did its job.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.