[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Refuses to kill people >10 minutes later hes murdering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 5
File: 1445439716380.jpg (19 KB, 519x552) Image search: [Google]
1445439716380.jpg
19 KB, 519x552
>Refuses to kill people
>10 minutes later hes murdering the only people hes ever known and lightsabering his countrymen
>Space Janitor
>Can fight a Jedi master with no training

You guys can bitch about Rey being a Mary Sue but this is some of the worst characterization I have ever seen.
>>
>>64253086
>Space Janitor who knows the main weaknesses of critical military installations

oh well at least he was acted well and had something vaguely resembling a character arc.
>>
good acting, interesting character

terrible jj abrams tier character inconsistencies and zero backstory.
>>
you've never been a nigga that's thirsty
>>
>>64253086
he broke my imersion the 2 times i watched that turd
>>
Isn't Poe the one who killed his friend.

It's kinda weird for them to sympathize after that.
>>
>>64253086
>Refuses to kill people
>becomes self aware and refuses to kill innocent people

>10 minutes later hes murdering the only people hes ever known and lightsabering his countrymen
>protecting himself from a group of mass murderers

>Space Janitor
>irrelevant

>Can fight a Jedi master with no training
>ignoring the fact that storm troopers were trained on how to combat lightsabers
>>
>>64253086
>implying innocent townsfolk are the same as trained soldiers

>>64253327
Oh wait, you did a better job at deconstructing it. Nevermind.

Obligatory mention that Kylo Ren was fucking injured, though.
>>
>crawls through the desert heat dehydrated for hours
>sips a few drops of water
>suddenly he has the energy to fight off scavengers, sprint around avoiding TIE fighter lasers, pilot the falcon's gun for extended period, fight off a giant squid then run away from the banjo club mercenaries without even stopping to eat anything

why was Finn a superhuman
>>
>>64253086
Someone has posted on this before. Apparently, in the novelization, he was one of Phagmas best-performing troops, but he got assigned to janitorial duties because he kept resisting the 'conditioning.'
She finally let him go on a mission, and he ran like a nigger. She's the real worst characterization.
>>
>>64253086

All the characters just have terrible backgrounds. It's amazing the characters are likable at all with such shit.
>>
>>64253427
he's not a huge fatass like you?

also you underestimate how motivating pussy can be
>>
>>64253427
How come Spock could jump down 5 meters off of moving platforms in Into Darkness?
>>
>>64253407
Those innocent townspeople seemed pretty good at killing Stormtroopers.
>>
>>64253563
Yeah. I guess that's why they lost and those stormtroopers burned their fucking village to the ground with no survivors
>>
>>64253539
>autists having fun, the post
>>
>>64253178
he doesn't have a backstory
he has blackstory
>>
>>64253086
This is jarring and due to bad pacing.

We really saw no internal struggle in Finn, so it looks like he sees his friend die, he bitches out, a few hours later he breaks Poe out and then mass murders all his friends and "family" screaming "NOW THIS IS PODRACING" which is really jarring with the previous scenes.

Also I personally found it unrealistic how quickly he turns against the First Order, again, this is likely due to poor pacing.

He though isn't perfect at everything and at least has a history that explains his skills.
Rey is perfect at literally everything even things she has no experience in (flying a ship, shooting a blaster, how the systems work in the first order base, force powers) this is what makes her a bad mary sue with poor writing.

Rey is the product of bad writing, Finn is the product of poor pacing.
>>
>>64253557
finn ia blatantly homosexual and clearly in better shape than you, 4chan loser

you will never be hollywood fit faggot. stop breathing.
>>
>>64253427
Have you seen Kenyans run?
>>
>>64253086
>Refuses to kill unarmed, defenseless, peaceful non-combatants
>10 minutes later, he's fighting to defend himself
>Space Janitor who was trained from birth to be a soldier
>Got toyed around with by ex-Jedi who was wounded and didn't complete his training toyed until he got a lucky strike in on the ex-Jedi, after which the ex-Jedi immediately disarmed and gravely wounded him
>>
>>64253721
/fit/ is my main board I'm just here to meme and contribute to shitposting
>>
>>64253743
>defends the murder of his commrades
TRAITOR
>>
>>64253791

/tv/ thanks you for your services to be honest family
>>
>>64253632
Well the Stormtroopers were better at burning villages.
>>
>>64253283

I don't think that Stormtrooper was his friend. He wasn't shaken up because his buddy died. He was shaken up because people were dying pointlessly and he was at the center of that.
>>
>>64253791
I ride a 20KM Bike trek both ways to get to work every day you anemic little loser, and I don't feel the need to shitpost on /tv/. Go get some sunlight after your next round of lifts.
>>
>>64253845
surely that must've seen that before. and if he was trained from birth to be a combatant I don't think the killing of innocents would've been something that shattered his beliefs or foundations
>>
>>64253845
The (canon) books around the movie quite clearly state that stormtroopers are kidnapped at birth and raised to be completely loyal to the order, without question, and that the only thing they consider a family is their trooper brothers in the ranks

Finn really is a disgusting traitor that deserves to be shot
>>
>>64253940
Finn was programmed to "betray" the order, and infiltrate the faggots.
>>
Minor details doesn't matter, it's a JJ abrams flick after all.

The big problem is that he is utterly useless and totally pointless all the fucking time, he's like a nigger C3PO but less funny and more annoying. He's just like every other obligatory minority/woman forced into the main cast of every major Hollywood movie nowadays.
>>
>>64253919
>km
don't care about your nigger measurements.
I bike too desu.
I was offering legit reasons. finn was motivated by rey's sandy pu$$i and butthole.
>>
>>64253939

>surely that must've seen that before

Nope. Jakku was his very first combat mission, and before that he was just working sanitation on Starkiller base.
>>
>>64254057
I want this to happen
>Kylo goes light side
>Rey kills luke and goes dark side
>Finn reveals himself to be a spy, kills leia and blows up some capital ship(s)/rebel base(s)/etc
>ending is Darth Marey Sue kneeling on the bridge of a star destroyer
>she's supposed to meet Snoke
>Imperial shuttle docks in, ramp lowers
>Sheev strolls down the ramp with the smile we all know and love him for
>>
>>64254171
>Rey kills luke and goes dark side
>Finn reveals himself to be a spy, kills leia and blows up some capital ship(s)/rebel base(s)/etc

It's treason, then.
>>
>>64254094
shut the fuck up you nigger
>>
>>64254171
You should be the writer for the next SW movies senpai
>>
>>64253687
Go back to reddit, faggot.
>>
>>64254094
>is an ameritard
>also is a cuck

Those two match far too often
>>
>>64253632

that was part of their plan
>>
>>64254094
Except he blatantly says "It was the right thing to do :)" when he saves Poe despite murdering the shit out of his compatriots. Finn is a confusingly written piece pf shit who is either propelled by the force or genuinely a fucking retard.

You're not trying to frame the motivations of the characters in a fantasy adventure film based on your own adolescent bias are you? That's fucking stupid.
>>
>>64253086

>Refuses to kill people

This is wrong. He does it reluctantly, then is shaken up afterwards.
>>
>>64254263
>>64254313
go bant on reddit euro cuck nigs
there was nothing wrong with finn's characterization
>>
>>64254357

you can literally feel his dick harden when he stabs a storm trooper with his light saber, just before he gets his shit kicked in for the traitor he is
>>
>>64254366
Finn was a mistake, not even nigs like him.
Fucking americucks
>>
>>64254357

No, at the beginning he just walks around, then when they order everyone to open fire on the villagers at the end he's explicitly shown not shooting at all. He raises his blaster and that's all.
>>
>>64254355

He says that, but then Poe immediately says "You mean you need a pilot?" and Finn is like "yeah"

He needed a pilot to fly him off the star destroyer, and the Poe was the closest pilot who ALSO wanted to get away. They had a clear convergence of goals, and Finn was smart enough to recognize that. It really is a shame that Finn isn't allowed to do anything cool for the rest of the movie.
>>
>>64253086
>only reason for doing anything is severe dehydration
what happened to doing shit for the adventure?
>>
>>64254355
>Except he blatantly says "It was the right thing to do :)" when he saves Poe despite murdering the shit out of his compatriots.

and then poe the "actual hero" was like, "oh you just need a pilot right?"
and finn say's, "yeah I just need a pilot."
retard at least remember the lines before you nitpick it. finn's not a hero, he's just decent for a stormtrooper, most of his actions were selfish or grey.
>>
>>64254357
>He does it reluctantly

literally all the movie had to do was show him doing it reluctantly JUST ONE TIME

one time was all it would have taken. then he realizes how deep shit he's in and self-defense takes over.

but the movie didn't trust it's audience enough to even do that. him cheerfully stabbing troopers with a saber is just icing on the cake.
>>
Did the force suddenly open his eyes and made him a good nig 23 years after homicidal indoctrination?
>>
>>64253086
Why is he heaving like an ape?
>>
Kylo Ren is not a Jedi master (or Sith master for that matter). He's still developing.
>>
>>64253558
Vulcans have a very durable skeleton
>>
>>64254406
That's because niggers are fucking niggers
black people love him
>>
>>64254456
>>64254432
>Finn watches Poe murder his compatriot
>becomes his buddy anyway, even going so far as to risk getting shot in the back by Poe or the First Order to "Escape"

He's about as fucking useful and necessary as C3P0. Come on, people.
>>
>>64253717
Always seemed like Finn didn't care so much about the trooper dying over the fact that it could have been him
>>
>>64254171

Not a bad. But put in about an hour of battle where underdog primitive aliens help take down technologically superior First Order and another hour of droid jokes we got ourselves some Star Wars.
>>
>>64253086
>lightsabering his countrymen

What country would that be, Anon?
>>
>>64254565
The First Order

Next question?
>>
>>64254555
he just wanted to bang rey dude. imagine the kind of circumstances he's in. what else is he going to do sell death sticks and try to get an apartment?
>>
The movie explictitly recognized Finn is a little bitchboy and set him on an arch to bravery
Like at first he just wants to get the fuck out of the First Order's reach and later he starts developing into a commitment to Ray and the resistance.
It's well established, sorta mostly
>>
>>64254627
But he's clearly a fag
>>
>>64254560

This. It's his first time in combat and he's shellshocked. He's very aware of all the carnage around him and it's meant to be in contrast to the other troopers who just keep shooting and moving and leave the injured behind. They're cold, unfeeling, and ignoring the violence. Finn is clearly affected and can't handle facing his own mortality. Then he's asked to shoot innocent civilians and he can't bring himself to do it.
>>
>>64254456
Finn is the new Han Solo: he (Han/Finn) doesn't actually want anything to do with the war, he is just running away from something (Jabba the Hut/the first order) and then gets drawn in chasing tail (Leia/Rey).

He is definitely supposed to be a likeable but morally ambiguous character. He pulls it off IMO but not as well as Han in the original.
>>
>>64254355
>>64253283

why are you keep insisting that Poe killed Finn's friend? Just because they were in the same platoon doesn't mean they were friends. For all you know that other stormtrooper beat Finn every night with a sock full of soap for being a nigger.
>>
>>64254171
>Rey kills luke
What the fuck are you talking about? Luke will be OP as fuck on ep. VIII. He has trascended the force and makes Sheev look like a fucking weak retard. Even Snoke who is far more powerful than any Sith is afraid of Luke "Big Dick" Skywalker
>>
>>64254498
Because he is walking for god knows how far in the blazing heat with no water, its a hell of a coincidence he landed so close to a settlement and didn't just die of dehydration/sunstroke wandering around the desert.
>>
>>64254749
protip: Snoke isn't a sith or even a force user.

Real villain is clone palpatine
>>
>>64253327
>ignoring the fact that storm troopers were trained on how to combat lightsabers
>training soldiers to fight an enemy that's been gone so long people don't even believe in them
This makes about as much sense as training the US army to fight samurai.
>>
>>64254749
>Luke will be OP as fuck in ep. VIII
I love this idea.

But, where did you hear Snoke is afraid of Luke? Or are you also making that up?
>>
>>64254801

Pretty sure Snoke is not only aware that Jedi still exist, but he's actually afraid of Luke. Makes sense he'd train his army to combat lightsabers.
>>
>>64254724
I don't think so.
The first order seems to be very progressive, entrusting niggers with the location of their secret superweapon and having a woman in the military leadership.
>>
>>64254596
The First Order is a country, Anon?
>>
>>64254793
Nah real villain is the real Sheev, the one who fell down the shaft in RotJ was the clone

>>64254749
She starts off as his student but Sheev's masterful plotting makes her betray him and stab him in the back when he least expects him
>>
>>64254849
yes it is
>>
https://twitter.com/JohnBoyega/status/681897341553606656
>>
>>64254890

The First Order is just a terrorist group, anon.
>>
>>64254814
The novel based on the movie says Snoke (who's obviously a sith you fucking retards, he trains Kylo Ren) is afraid of Luke.
>>
>>64254849
Define "country" my semantics-playing friend
>>
>>64254814
Did you forget the part where Snoke is also looking for the map to Luke
>>
>>64254801
Kylo Ren was a fallen jedi from luke's school. The first order most certainty believed they exist.
>>
>>64254801

Modern armies still train with bayonets despite the fact that they're largely irrelevant. It's better to teach a specific skill that MIGHT be useful and not need it, rather than perhaps need it and not have it.
>>
>>64254801
You are forgetting they have those electric batons
>>
>>64254918

>BB8 is real

Shit, how the fuck does he work? He can roll around and his head stays at the top. Modern fucking marvel. I assumed he was 99% CGI.
>>
>>64253086
>Does this place have a garbage chute?
>HA YEA IT DOES

wtf did finn watch episode IV?
>>
>>64254942
My point isn't whether they knew they existed, my point is that they're an obsolete threat for all intents and purposes.

>>64254979
Training with a weapon != training against a weapon. Modern armies train with bayonets because close quarters fights still happen. They don't train against swords because swordfights don't still happen.
>>
>>64254919
Just like the Islamic STATE
>>
>>64253940
>is kidnapped from birth to become a mindless drone for an evil dictatorship
>he deserves to be shot!

you've successfully baited me
>>
>>64254979
Bayonets =/= swords

>>64254997
That's riot control
>>
>>64255044

State, not country.
>>
>>64255000
Magnets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FHtcR78GA0
>>
>>64254801
I'm sure the First Order understands the force and shit since their leader is an ex-jedi and all
>>
>>64254940
about that, how did one piece of the map not match any known systems but the whole thing did (and why did R2D2 suddenly wake up from stand by if BB8's piece of the map was in the middle of the path and apparently totally unnecessary anyway?)
>>
>>64255049
Because riot control involves sparring with those things right?
>>
>>64255044

I'm not seeing any contradiction, anon.
>>
>>64255103
Because Star Wars is for children, anon. It's literally a Disney movie now, it's time to come to terms with what it is.
>>
File: hotpockets.png (125 KB, 250x280) Image search: [Google]
hotpockets.png
125 KB, 250x280
>>64253086
>Space Janitor
how much did he get payed to betray the first order?
>>
>>64255185
One qt white girl, but NO PORTIONS.
>>
>>64254940
Looking for a map to luke in no way suggests he's afraid of him. He could just as likely want his dick, based solely on "i want a map of where he is"
>>
>>64255185
I hear his bank account might or might not have been credited a grand total of 0 credits
>>
>>64253722
With hips like those? Nah, nah, nah...
>>
>>64255000
>dis nigger
yes he's 100% real. Some of the wackier shots might be CGI, but i don't know that for a fact.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 332x152) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 332x152
>finn was slashed in the back by kylo
>in the next movie he's going to take his shirt off and reveal his slave whip scars
>it's like poetry
>it rhymes

Bravo JJ
>>
>>64255124
Weren''t you supposed to be defending the movie?
>>
>>64255185
He got payed in Rei pussy.
>>
>>64255064
>american detected
a state is a country you basketball american
>>
>>64255103
Because the missing map piece is from the "unexplored, mysterious and uncharted area of the galaxy nobody dares to go and from which nobody ever comes alive" or something.
>>
>>64254979
Modern armies train with bayonets because it conditions the troops to learn how to turn the balls-out aggression on and off like a tap when required. Only the British army has actually kept using it as a tactic in the modern age: in the Falklands, and a couple of nasty fights with insurgents in Iraq.

>>64254801
Melee weapons have always been a part of the SW universe: presumably the Stormtroopers would have had training in stuff like vibroblades, stunsticks, batons, staves, shockpoles, etc. It's why FN-2187 handled the lightsabre with a modicum of familiarity. Helps now that the laserswords have some oomph to them when used and aren't just airy-fairy light wands.
>>
>>64255082

That's super cool. I like BB8 a lot more knowing that he can and does actually exist.
>>
>>64255294

Who would want that? It's full of sand, which is coarse.
>>
>>64255327
>Disney is going to make even the unknown regions shit

I'm not fine with this at all
>>
>>64253086
At least it's not as bad as fucking Phasma
>Ooh no I'm caught
>Hey bitch we need you to deactivate the shield for literally this entire planet that currently has an escaped force-sensative fugitive running around in it
>Also if you deactivate these shields you put every single one of the literal hundreds of thousands of First Order soldiers and workers in danger but we're gonna kill you if you don't
>Okay I'll do it, after all the shields are controlled by this tiny console in a single room guarded by one person.
>Lmao now I'm dead
>>
>>64255376
>after all the shields are controlled by this tiny console in a single room guarded by one person.
That was inexcusably retarded
>>
>>64255263
Finn won't be in the following films, he has no reason to be, shut up.
>>
>>64255327
still, the rest of the map should've been enough, right? was the whole point of that piece of the map that it was necessary to gain R2's trust or something so it would turn back on?
>>
>>64255217
Fucking Luke Skywalker is a legend that single handedly killed the emperor and Vader to the point the Rebels are still looking for him to do it again, Snoke doesn't want to meet him to have a nice conversation and personally congratulate him.
>>
>>64255343
It did shock the audience when they brought him out at a convention. Everyone had presumed he was just a pure CGI creation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_K10fX9DSY

Apparently the movie BB-8 was a combination of several models used depending on what they needed him to do. The RC one in that video moves around al lot better than the lighter and cheaper Sphero and Hasbro toys.
>>
>>64255341

When I was in the US Marines they had us fight with pugil sticks, which is about as practical as learning how to fight with a stick shaped like a light saber.
>>
>>64255341
Go watch the prequels anon, the only melee weapons you'll see are lightsabers and grievous' magnaguard droids designed to fight jedi

Then go watch the OT, the only melee weapons are again lightsabers and the axes of those fat pigs guarding Jabba's palace, you never see a Stormtrooper or a rebel fighter pulling out a melee weapon

Same shit in TCW, the only melee weapons are lightsabers, magnaguard electrostaff, one electrostaff used by Hondo, the energy whips used by the furry slavers and that's about it
>>
>>64255277
I'm defending the fact that the nigger knew how to fight with an electric baton which is most likely a tool to fend against light sabers
>>
>>64255103

Think about how fucking big space is and how gigantic of an area that map covers. When zoomed out as we see it, there are tons of stars clustered right next to each other. The map is actually fucking HUGE.

Imagine if you had a map of the United States, and you had all of Texas missing from it. Your map has a path drawn that leads into Texas, but would you know where to specifically look for that person? No. Now imagine Texas is several light years wide and you have to find the one planet among dozens of star systems that could be there. There's no point in even trying to explore it all blind, you'll die of old age before you explore even a quarter of it.

Then imagine the inverse: You have a map of only Texas, but you live in Europe before America was discovered. You'll look at that map and think, "But where the fuck is this plot of land?" You wouldn't even know where to look. Now imagine Texas is again several light years wide and it's in an unexplored quadrant of an entire fucking galaxy. You have no frame of reference to start searching.

But then you get the full map: all of America plus the Atlantic Ocean and your destination is in Texas. Suddenly you have a frame of reference for where Texas is relative to Europe and the map allows you to find America and then find Texas and then find the specific spot in Texas the map leads to.
>>
>>64255443
>still, the rest of the map should've been enough, right?
No, you don't venture into the unknown without a complete map, unless you are fucking Marco Polo or some shit

was the whole point of that piece of the map that it was necessary to gain R2's trust or something so it would turn back on?
Probably, bb8 told him "hey i have the missing piece of the map" so he turned on
>>
>>64255417
It is in all the movies, TFA is not special
>>
Finn was the best character in the movie.
>>
>>64255732
Poe was the only one whose writing made sense
>>
>>64255732
I like him because he has big lips says jokes a lots and wields lightsaber.
>>
>>64255732
Ren was best character tho pham
>>
>>64255732
He was pretty good. If he and Poe can match Luke and Hans' friendship then I'll be happy.
>>
>>64255658
It's fucking space, they can just go around it
>>
File: disneytrademark.png (25 KB, 426x566) Image search: [Google]
disneytrademark.png
25 KB, 426x566
>>64255647
ok, that makes sense, but they still had a map that allowed them to completely transverse BB8's section of the map
here I made a drawing because I'm not at all elloquent.
This is about how I remember the map in the movie. If R2's map details every place it depicts (which it seems to) couldn't they just follow their own path (depicted in green) around bb8's part of the map? If you got a full map of Europe, the Atlantic Ocean and the US minus Texas you can surely still get to California or something.
If the point of the R2'S part needing BB8's was to make a path from the known universe (x) to luke, bb's part should've been insuperable within R2's map, something like the second pic
>>
>>64256288
this is the silliest thing I've ever presented to anyone
>>
>>64254724
Probably because of the way he reacted to that stormtrooper that got shot.
>>
>>64253132
>>64253086
Being this obvious just makes you look stupid. Dial it back a little.
>>
>>64256358
What are you claiming?
>>
Main problem is that whatever personal issues Finn may have they all get handwaved in favor of making him Rey's personal lapdog.

As for his fighting skills, he gets BTFO by TR-8R and Kylo Ren, and was pretty much just keeping Rey's lightsaber warm for her, if anything he ended up the movie looking like a jobber.
>>
>>64253213
TELLAT TO KANJU KLOOB
>>
File: 12949022482.jpg (303 KB, 1600x1146) Image search: [Google]
12949022482.jpg
303 KB, 1600x1146
>>64254090
This you fucks, obsessing over dumb shit like plot inconsistencies is pointless and won't win you any GBP, what's more important is that he's an absolute garbage character.
>>
>>64256288
Luke is in BB8s section you goofus
Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.