[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really liked this character. /tv/ can never take that away
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 14
File: 1450917767025~01.png (465 KB, 721x541) Image search: [Google]
1450917767025~01.png
465 KB, 721x541
I really liked this character.

/tv/ can never take that away from me.
>>
You did that yourself.
>>
>>64252171
She's a sith
>>
Ren was good
Finn was inoffensive to me
Ma or whatever was stupid
Rey was Mary Sue and also has a dumb face
Ending shot was wonky
>>
movie was alright

needed more ren

music was absent which really fucking sucks considering even the prequels had great scores

playing it a little too safe re treading ANH but overall 7/10
>>
>>64252171

I thought she was a Mary Sue but I still liked her. That scene with the pilot's helmet was so cute.
>>
>>64252171
maybe your taste will develop and you'll wind up recognizing the crappy writing without our help, OP
>>
>>64252171

tell that to ganja glub
>>
What was the deal with that helicopter pan shot at the end?
>>
Luke is now Flynn from Tron
>>
>>64252171
Her smug look makes me angry. I want to punch her the face.
>>
>>64252353
>cute

That's literally the only ground people here have for liking her

Literally the only positive thing her supporters have to say about her
>>
>>64252171
I love her too I dont care about the 3 contrarians hating on the movie
>>
>>64252531
>if I close my eyes facts will go away

You're cute anon
>>
>>64252450

I think TFA was shit.

I think they got it wrong by making Rey a god that learns how to do mindtricks and defeat lord siths in a couple of hours.

I still liked Rey and Ridley's acting.
>>
>>64252171
The lightsaber is a really great character. I liked him, too.
>>
>>64252249
Poe, who had the least screen time, was this movie's saving grace.
>>
>>64252612
(You)
>>
File: 1451353132041.png (1 MB, 511x663) Image search: [Google]
1451353132041.png
1 MB, 511x663
> i love wooden acting
>>
>>64252450

She was a standard, generic, safe protagonist. What do you expect from Disney? I wouldn't feel one way or the other about her, but she's cute so I like her.
>>
>>64252171
You know OP, I remember a conversation a guy had on this very here board about his love of eating his wife's ass.
Because for him, as he lamented, her ass always tasted best right after she bathed. I disagreed with him, i said the point of an ass, is shit. so to really appreciate an assy taste one should eat ass right after their quarry had the slimiest, nastiest, bowel movement ever.
i don't believe in eating ass op, but for some reason you strike me as the ass eating type. can't say why really but that's the general feeling i'm getting from you for some reason.
>>
File: redletmed.jpg (42 KB, 406x286) Image search: [Google]
redletmed.jpg
42 KB, 406x286
>>64252370
>>64252450
>>64252435
>mad because your analogue got beaten by a girl
>>
>>64252650
They had to set up the character and they knew the audience didn't have the patience to go through the whole training bullshit again.

TFA should be considered as a medium to start up the franchise again, it left a lot to be desired as a movie itself but it revived the series, we'll see where it goes from here
>>
Is it confirmed she is going to be a Sith guys?
>>
It was fun to watch her kick ass tbqh. And I have enough imagination of my own that her 10-minute intro was all I needed to wish her that success after years of hardships.
>>
File: 1429391643115.jpg (11 KB, 234x250) Image search: [Google]
1429391643115.jpg
11 KB, 234x250
>>64252171
>that expression

What did she mean by this?
>>
>>64252450
she's kind of a cool actor because i can't tell sometimes if she's acting cute or retarded
>>
>>64252791
>analogue
>>
Saw it for the first time today. Rey was tolerable. It was Finn who made absolutely no fucking sense.

How does a janitor get assigned as a sith lord's escourt to intercept a vital piece of Resistance intelligence as his first mission?

Also, who the fuck are they resisting against? The republic won, why aren't the just called the Republic?
>>
Rey: I'm not gonna stand her all day faggot.
Luke: *stares*
Rey: Hurry up, I've got important Mary Sue shit to do.
Luke: *stares*
>>
I hate that she's holding the light saber with the back side facing her. It's like she's going to use it on him.
>>
>>64252881
dude just book your tickets for the next 6 movies now, you're clearly not going to be put off by anything short of Disney coming round your house and fucking your mom.
>>
>>64253014
here*
>>
>>64252759
>lol so random xD
>>
>>64252791
I'm not some autist who self inserts in movies I watch.
Unlike you fucking turds, I'm able to distinguish between fantasy and reality.
>>
Anyone have the image of A New Hope's plot with details crossed out and replaced with TFA's details?
>>
>>64252953
She's successfuly morhping into Gordon Levitt
>>
>>64252171
>I really liked a flat character in a rehash of a children's space movie

So you're a giant pleb/manchild? Congrats, m8!
>>
>>64253011
How was going rogue Flinn's first deviant offense? He's not intelligent enough to hide that sort of disposition.

Why did the stormtrooper commander put down the shields?

They did little more than ask her nicely and she just complied. Some fucking indoctrination techniques the first order uses.
>>
>>64253050
I disagree, the movie imo was 6/10, if they don't make a good quality jump for next movie I'll be really disappointed.

For curiosity's sake, how would you have changed it?
>>
>>64253148
I'd have made Flinn a seasoned stormtrooper with expertise in melee combat. Not the bumbling idiot he was.
>>
File: 1450392127098.jpg (46 KB, 447x539) Image search: [Google]
1450392127098.jpg
46 KB, 447x539
>>64253011
By Episode 7, the Republic is basically in decline and the First Order is the hot new power.

It may even have started becoming the dominant political force in the galaxy with the Republic being more and more impotent as it started losing influence.

The Resistance was probably the only major force left opposing the Order, with secret backing by the waning Republic.

That was my impression anyway. The Republic probably went too soft on former Imperials while not being all that effective at governing themselves.
>>
>>64253186
I agree. Though frankly it's too early to see what will be done with the characters, though I can almost guarantee that Finn's gonna continue being a goofy dumbass unfortunately
>>
>>64253011
That's not nearly the worst part about Finn
>have qualms about slaughtering innocent peasants
alright I mean you're thoroughly brainwashed but I can suspend my disbelief that far
>betray the first order
Alright they're evil space nazis as established before makes sense
>suddenly have no problems with killing the only family you've ever known, your fellow stormtrooper brothers
hmm
>start mowing them by the dozen, stabbing them in cold blood
hmm
>>
>>64252171
>ugly, square, asymmetrical head
>ugly brit accent
>boyish features
>boyish body

You can like her all you want OP but you have a shit taste in women and are a pedophile and/or faggot.

You also have a shit taste in film.
>>
>>64253067
>Unlike you fucking turds, I'm able to distinguish between fantasy and reality.

This seems patently untrue.
>>
>>64253318
Forgot
>then lead your new resistance "buddies" (that you've only known recently yet entirely trust you) to destroy your former employer's base, killing millions in the process
>>
>>64253321
So much effort wasted on a shitpost.

Reevaluate your life.
>>
>>64253444
Forgot
>Do so by asking your old boss to betray the xillions of her fellow First Order m8s and bring about her certain death by dropping the shields on the planet sized weapon's heat sink.

You could drive a planet sized death star, or whatever they called it, through the plot holes.
>>
File: Autism-600x.jpg (29 KB, 600x242) Image search: [Google]
Autism-600x.jpg
29 KB, 600x242
>>64253480
>White knights someone he will never meet
>Tells others to reevaluate their lives
>>
>>64253612
>Implying it's autistic to have a celebrity crush.

It's autistic not to have a crush on a celebrity. The only difference is if it becomes obsessive.
>>
>>64253770
>It's autistic not to have a crush on a celebrity.

This is the kind of people you are debating with daily

Neck yourself faggot
>>
>>64253340
>This seems patently untrue.
Don't project :^)
>>
>>64253047
That was the only thing that bugged me about that. You'd think to hold it with the emitter facing out to the side
>>
Why both of them looked sad in that scene?
>>
File: 1349217226441.jpg (42 KB, 720x439) Image search: [Google]
1349217226441.jpg
42 KB, 720x439
>>64252234

a-are you telling me it's the classic rey goes to the dark side and ben back to the light?

>would enjoy/10
>>
>>64252171
She's boring as fuck and unless the theory about her being an amnesiac is true that won't change.
>>
>>64253994
Luke because he knows that responsabilities will keep him from snorting death sticks off twilek hooker's arses

Marey Sue because of awful acting I guess
>>
>>64254039
Any actual answers?
>>
>>64253994
deleted scenes. you have to buy the EU novels or the Director's Cut DVD to find out the motivations of two major characters what do you think this is some kind of fucking kid's movie?
>>
>>64254017
It would literally t.b.h. save the whole trilogy but I'm afraid they won't take that road as there is not even a slight hint she might store any darkness inside her
>>
>>64252171
>rey-fags
>cuckoldry
pick 2
>>
>>64254060
according to the leaks Luke reveals he is her father in earlier versions of this scene.

for all we know dialogue was filmed but they realized it wouldn't work. so maybe Rey is sad because of the news that she was abandoned and Luke is sad because he is guilty.

it's just a sign of the movie being a cobbled-together piece of shit with no identity, you should really stop trying to find sense in it.
>>
>>64252171
What a stupid fucking face she's making.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRbFKuEY5jk
>>
Tell that to ganjaclub
>>
>>64252171
What emotion is that face trying to convey?
>>
>>64254184

A yearning for guidance.
>>
>>64254184
Verge of tears while trying to remain stoic.
>>
>>64254184

a big smelly dookie xD
>>
>>64254214
Bowel movement guidance that is
>>
>>64252171
That scene was pretty cringy though. That last panning shot felt really masturbatory.
>>
>>64252171

I liked her as well OP.

It's okay you and I can be the only two Rey fans here.
>>
>>64254184
she's praying Hamill will be able to remember how to act in spite of spending the last 20 years only having to worry about line delivery.
>>
>>64252171
what character?
>>
>>64254297
>doubting based Hamill
you best be trolling nigger
>>
>>64254297

Based Hamill has been delivering lines nonstop since the original films fucboi
>>
>>64254184
It's a smug superiority. She obviously isn't very impressed with Luke.
>>
>>64254383
Next movie will be Marey Sue teaching Luke to be a jedi
>>
>>64254214
This pretty much
>>
wouldn't it be funny if a seagull had dropped a poopie on her hand and she ends up dropping the lightsaber and it bounces off a cliff and into the sea?

ahahahahaha
>>
I thought she was really cute as well.

Honestly, the only parts I didn't like was every time Han fucking reamed her asshole about being so great with the Falcon.

>We have to have Han approve of her or else the fans won't like her, you guys

Everything else felt fine.
>>
>>64252171
That's true anon. We can't help people that don't want to be helped.
>>
>>64254468
now this is redditposting
>>
>>64254379
>>64254328
Hamill delivers lines for a living and he's fucking great at it, but he hasn't had to worry about communicating with his facial expression for a while.

I did read a rumor on here that Hamill was stiff in the final scene and that's why his dialogue was cut. people CAN actually forget how to act or wind up resorting to a small number of tics, look at what happened to Jack Nicholson.

also he had a cameo in Kingsman and didn't really seem to be "acting" very much.
>>
>>64254113

she might be power hungry for the force.

>naivety exploited
>becomes as powerful as vader
>>
>>64254592
Hamil's been voice acting for the past 30 years.

It's a lot different than acting in the flesh because you can flail about like a lunatic which is encouraged for cartoon characters.
>>
>>64254622
>Revan
>canonically male

>The Jedi Exile
>canonically female

>Rey
>not the Exile

you're idea an shit
>>
>>64254689
Her being a mindwiped former sith lord would be the only explanation for her superpowers
>>
>>64254592
>I did read a rumor on here
>a rumor
>here
>believing anything you read on /tv/
>>
>>64254681
that's exactly my point, yes. thankyou for finally getting it.
>>
>>64254113
>as there is not even a slight hint she might store any darkness inside her

She heard dark voices in her head during the fight with Kylo for one, also one of her themes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6nhlSIPO6o
>>
>>64254689

just the premise of someone being able to absorb the force.

nihilus represents a clear example, non-canon, of this happening.
>>
>>64254855
Nihilus doesn't quite absorb the force, he feeds on it

The exile is a force black hole
Nihilus is a force vampire

Which is why he gets fucked up when he tries to absorb you
>>
>>64253011
The Resistence is a Republic funded insurgency inside First Order territory. The Republic wants to contain the First Order without sending any of its own military into First Order territory. They provide money and weapons to the Resistance.
>>
>>64254404
Take that men!! Stronk womyn don't need your patriarchal guidance
>>
What if Rey and Luke have a Merlin/Nivian thing happen, and Kylo Ren turns back to the light to defeat Rey?
>>
>>64252171
>offering a deadly weapon blade first

what a fucking idiot
>>
why do so many people on this board hate this movie so much? it's almost as good as empire strikes back. can someone ELI5?
>>
I don't care if you hated or loved the movie, but the people who complain about how Kylo Ren stops being threatening after he takes off his mask piss me the fuck off. That's the point; look at Rey's reaction when he does it.
>>
>>64254681
Watch him Him in the booth when he's delivering lines, he's Acting like any other actor would. You stupid fuck
>>
>>64252938
of course. As is everything else about the plot of two movies that are being released over the next three years and havent even been written yet
>>
>>64254113
except for dat nigger dick
>>
>>64252171
i have no problem with gay persons. such as OP.
>>
>>64252171
I want to know more about her, maybe a bit about Finn too. But none of the characters catched my eye. The movie was too damn irregular.
>>
We watched this at the theaters today. My main character take-aways were like this.

Poe was good.
I actually liked Finn. (Surprised me.)
Rey was meh and stereotypical.
Han Solo & Chewy were awesome. (As always.)
Luke looks better with a beard.
C-3PO is a cock-block.
BB-8 was funny. (Thumbs up lighter.)
Snoke wasn't really a factor yet.
Kylo Ren was exceptionally......weak.
Phasma was in 2 scenes............I think.
>>
>>64256698
There were very few character scenes in the movie. Most of the time was spent on various unending action scenes which follow directly after one another.

The best scenes were the ones with no action going on. Rey's introduction, Han and Leia, and Han and Kylo's scenes were all very good and compelling.

That said, most of the action scenes weren't bad, but many of them were tiring and unnecessary.
>>
>>64257032
>many of them were tiring and unnecessary
Tell that to kanjiklub
>>
>>64252171
>a woman surrendering a phallic symbol to a man
What does it mean?
>>
>>64257032
>There were very few character scenes in the movie.
We stay with Rey for like 15 minutes without an action scene
>>
>>64256990
>Kylo Ren was exceptionally......weak.
Literally the best new character you absolute pleb
>>
File: maiwaifsue.jpg (173 KB, 1400x1000) Image search: [Google]
maiwaifsue.jpg
173 KB, 1400x1000
/tv/ can never take mai waifu away. yall can fight me about it. meet me at Disney Springs on Saturday at 8 pm in front of that bowling restaurant and the movie theatre. I will fight you.
>>
>>64252320
>needed more ren

underrated post
>>
>>64258074
>photo doesnt include the cute helmet playing around scene
top dissapoint
>>
>>64256990
>Han Solo & Chewy were awesome. (As always.)
Ford looked tired and bored almost the entire time.

Not to mention "my son . . . our son . . . my son . . . our son . . ." for five minutes straight.
>>
File: Kylo ren.jpg (48 KB, 660x330) Image search: [Google]
Kylo ren.jpg
48 KB, 660x330
>liking the Mary Sue
You've disappointed the Knight of Ren
>>
>>64258074
you're waifu a shit
>>
>>64258074
I'll be there. Don't pussy out, m8.
>>
>>64258009
I know you're probably just some dumb kid, who just jumps to assumptions before using this squiggly sponge in your head called a brain, but there are multiple meanings to weak.

The character himself was fine, but he was definitely not a strong sith. Gets beat by a girl with zero skills. You'll probably say that he was shot, but still he looked weak in the "climactic" battle scene.

Oh, and I'm too fucking old to know, or give a shit, what a fucking pleb is.
>>
>>64258685
>I'm too old to know what a pleb is
but pleb is thousands of years old...
>>
>>64258685
>give a shit, what a fucking pleb is

Ah, you're new to 4chan! How do you like it here? You must not have been here more than a couple days
>>
>>64252171
force awakens is like bioshock infinite but it's actually good but still gave us a waifu
>>
>>64258685
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/plebeian
>>
>>64258508
You online people are some of the most overly, unnecessarily, critical people I've ever seen.

What part of getting older do you not understand? Of course he's going to look tired. He's old! There was literally no other actors in the movie that were as good at actually acting as he was. I wished we could get a glimpse into your future and see what you look like. I wouldn't be surprised if you were in a hover chair, all fat and useless, like the people in Wall-E.
>>
>>64252171

Both Rey and Finn were somewhat likable at the beginning but once they got off Jakku Rey proceeded to have no character and Finn just became bumbling black comedic relief for the most part.

Poe started off terribly with his marvel movie tier comedy with Kylo but then got better, sadly he left before even getting any character to him.

Kylo seems the best of the bunch because he's pretty much the only character in this shitty movie who actually had character development. Who went from being iffy to finally just embracing his edge and killing han solo, not the best acting but it was still something. I enjoyed him the most out of any of them but that's like saying I enjoyed Obi wan the most out of the prequels or even Sheev. TFA was shit overall so what little character there was doesn't make up for it.
>>
I just want to know how the hell anyone found Lukes lightsaber from Bespin.
They couldn't have explained it at all?
>>
>>64258761
>>64258837
>>64258734
Not new at all. I just don't give a shit about googling some infantile insult whenever some anonymous dumb-ass feels like making a post. Otherwise, I would be here all day searching stupid terms and memes. You people are some jaded little kids.

Regardless of how respectful you are, there's always someone calling you a faggot or something else. Do you know how many insults I get to my face daily? None.

Here? Every God fucking damn time I post something on topic.
>>
>>64253047
>>64253898
It's prophetic symbolism, fool
>>
What the hell is that object falling at the very end of the vid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-DeI3ohVbY
>>
>>64259014
>You people are some jaded little kids.
How dare you insult me, I was trying to help you.
>>
>>64252171

Me too, OP.

Especially these things:

>malnourished scavenger fights off two men twice her size
>fumbles at first, then suddenly outmaneuvers 2 TIE fighters while flying through a scrapyard and though the inside of a ship
>master mechanic that can quickly identify problems with ships she's never flown on
>full on force vision from touching a lightsaber, hears Obiwan speaking
>never used a gun before, fumbles at first, then suddenly starts dropping storm troopers left and right
>Trained Sith Apprentice mind read barely works on her, then reads his mind in return
>Jedi mind trick on guard out of nowhere
>Trained force user Kylo Ren has trouble pulling lightsaber towards him, but it rockets towards Rey from 40 meters
>100 pound poorly trained swordwoman beats a 200 pound highly trained Sith/Jedi swordsman
>>
>>64259584

lmfao

get fucked OP

piss taste you faggot
>>
>>64259142
Luke's hopes and dreams.
>>
>>64253770
Animu faggot for sure
>>
>>64259584
I know this is pasta but I still didn't believe the weight until I looked up Driver's height. Holy shit he's 6'3? He certainly did not seem to be that tall in the movie. Maybe my memory is warped.
>>
>>64259631
This. Get rekt
>>
File: 1379690988479.jpg (6 KB, 248x204) Image search: [Google]
1379690988479.jpg
6 KB, 248x204
>mfw the next movie opens right from that scene and she fires up the lightsaber and runs Luke Skywalker through
>>
>>64260067
That would actually redeem her completely for me.
>>
>>64260067
>Hamill got back in shape for this
>>
>>64259014
we get it dude you're really old and the world is different and you're just so removed from the silly games young people play

why dont you hang out on yahoo or something
>>
>>64256148
they're like 20 feet apart... I think he'll be okay.
>>
>>64253131
>They did little more than ask her nicely and she just complied. Some fucking indoctrination techniques the first order uses.

Or maybe they should go back to using clones.
>>
>>64258892
Maz had a throwaway line to telegraph the handwave/made up bullshit about somehow recovering that lightsaber lost at the end of ESB
>>
The actress playing her did a good job but sadly the character is shit.

>best pilot in the galaxy after 30 seconds of experience with the Falcon
>goes from never having used a blaster to mowing down stormtroopers like Rambo instantly
>can do Jedi mind tricks, resist a Force user's interrogation, and do telekinesis all with not a single second of training, for no other reason than that someone told her what the Force is

Someone forgot to tell JJ that characters are supposed to be flawed so they have a chance to grow.
>>
>>64263775
I would agree with you and Max Landis, it is very stupid, BUT it is strongly hinted there is a backstory to her character that would explain all this shit.

Remember Anakin could fly when he was 6.
>>
>>64254267
>masturbatory
How exactly does a panning shot feel 'masturbatory' you nigger
>>
File: reypls.png (315 KB, 721x541) Image search: [Google]
reypls.png
315 KB, 721x541
>>
>>64265684
>>64252171
she reminds me of that guy holding his hand out on a strip show
>>
hahahahhahahahaha true

FUCK THE NEW STAR WARS THOUGH IT WAS LIKE WOW ARE YOU GONNA MAKE FUN OF THIS FAGGOT KYLOS MASK IN THE FIRST SCENE AND HE TAKES IT OFF AND IT IS SOME EMO FAGGOT WHO LOOKS LIKE HE WAS ONE OF THE LESS SWOLE WOLVES IN THAT TWILIGHT SERIES. FUCKKKK

also where the hell is our darth darth binks
>>
>>64264104

lmao true these kids need to check their privelege because a 6 year old boy shouldn't be able to do something and a sexy ass fucking 28 year old ike this babe not also samefag is same
>>
>>64265684
>episode VIII
>cut to 1-2 years later
>First Order on the run
>Rey and Luke getting drunk in Ireland
>Kylo getting a real makeover and upping his power level
>the worst part is there won't even be a memorial for Han Solo, it will be swept under the rug by the opening crawl
Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.