[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT we post criminally underrated performers. I'll start:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: download (1).jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5 KB, 225x225
ITT we post criminally underrated performers.

I'll start:

John Candy was a comedic genius. He could perform any kind of comedic role asked of his and his timing was impeccable. His characters always had true heart and soul. He even had dramatic chops, watch Planes Trains and Automobiles, The Great Outdoors, fuck even his two scenes in JFK to see him act the fucking walls off.
>>
>>64251657
Is this bait? He was reknowned when he was alive, just as steve martin was. Seriously, just because your playground friends only talk about michael macintyre doesn't mean candy was underated
>>
>>64251783
He was far from renowned.

His movies were panned all the fucking time. Steve Martin had 10 times the career Candy had when he died.
>>
>>64251657
I fully agree with you. Had he lived through the 90's I think he would have found more success and maybe a nominated role or two. Shame he died so young.
>>
File: calm down skeeter.jpg (48 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
calm down skeeter.jpg
48 KB, 480x360
help me out here guys.
i think i vaguely remember a movie with him, and i think that scene in this movie is part of why i have become an autistic fuck.

basically, john candy was forcing someone in the engine room or trunk of his car and drove around like that. the guy he assaulted was very afraid and i think even got tortured by him?
>>
File: mog.jpg (32 KB, 352x240) Image search: [Google]
mog.jpg
32 KB, 352x240
>>
>>64252067
Because he trashed his own career? Just like steve martin. He also didnt do standup circuits like any of the big names, at least not in the same capacity. His roles on tv shows were applauded and he made the right decision to move into films but ended up signing up to every piece of shit going.
>>
>>64252460
Uncle Buck you tardo
>>
>>64251657
>>64251783
>>64252067
>>64252496
>Guys John Candy was underrated
>What? No he wasn't, we all fucking loved him.
>NO YOU DIDN'T

This is what you sound like, OP.
>>
>>64252460
uncle buck
>>
>>64252508
>>64252608
>Comedy film

damn as far as i recall that scene wasnt comedic at all
>>
>>64252539
Except I don't sound like that.

Candy never achieved the iconic status of Steve Martin, Bill Murray, or even Chevy Fucking Chase.

He is 10 times more talented than Will fucking Ferrell but has nowhere near the legacy.
>>
I love him, but I feel the general consensus with a lot of people is that John Candy is the greatest "funny fat man"-type ever, he's hardly underrated

Anyway, I'd probably say that my favourite actor of all time is Martin Sheen, and I know a lot of people probably like him a lot, but the pure charm he has as the President on The West Wing is next level, and it's not like I have to say much about him in Apocalypse Now.

I don't feel think I see many people consider Martin among the best ever, I feel like it's a shame
>>
>>64251657
Candy was good. Any role? No, just John Candy. But he was good.
>>
>>64252978
People legitimately think Chris Farley was funnier.
>>
>>64252903
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeZ6e3nhHQk

Suck it. That's it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.