[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /tv/ like Jessica Jones?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: jessica jones.png (699 KB, 1004x824) Image search: [Google]
jessica jones.png
699 KB, 1004x824
Does /tv/ like Jessica Jones?
>>
Not really.
It was okay for what it was meaning capeshit but the main actress was so boring it made me wish I was watching a Luke Cage show instead with her as a side character.
>>
>>64249047
You just sound like you want black dick.
>>
File: absolutelyalison.png (219 KB, 508x398) Image search: [Google]
absolutelyalison.png
219 KB, 508x398
>coalburning
>>
>>64249085
I just like Luke Cage more than Jessica Jones.
>>
Pretty GOAT. Probably my favorite TV show this year.

Can't believe a Marvel series actually had a really interesting hero AND villain. Helps that Ritter and Tennant killed it though
>>
>>64248976
>(Credit: Netflix)

Credit Marvel bitch, they made it.
>>
Someone post sex webms.
>>
Was interesting but it's juxtaposition between the subtext of rape and straight up goofy shit is off putting.
I stopped watching once that bro-dude was hopped up on flakka and started throwing Jessica around.
It felt stupid and out of place.

If it had more of a serious tone and focused on the motif of rape it would've been a good conversation starter. The way I (presume) it culminated just makes it unimaginative superhero shit with the occasional glint of originality.
5.8/10
And Jessica Jones, the character, was borderline insufferable. Not in a Gregory "he's an asshole but he's right" House-type of way, but in an indavertant "BOY, WOMEN SURE ARE FUCKING STUPID, HUH"-type of way.
>>
>>64249047
>made me wish I was watching a Luke Cage show instead

Are you really cold? Need something full of blood?
>>
>>64249199
Oh, and for whatever it was ranked #1 for, both Fargo and The Knick were infinitely better than it.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 396x442) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 396x442
I fucking hate the way the only fucking thing the reviewers talk about in regards to this show is "Consent! Rape! LGBT! Diversity! Wymiin Power!"

Holy fuck, no one cares about this show because it fits your coddled mind, it was a good show you simpleton libcucks.
>>
Kilgrave did nothing wrong.
>>
I haven't finished it yet (2 episodes left) but Jones is really unlikable and I'm not sure how they'll manage to fit her into an ensemble team
>>
Kilgrave did nothing wrong
>>
Not really.
Weird considering I really enjoyed Daredevil and I saw a lot of reviews comparing this to it.
>>
>>64249272
>I fucking hate the way the only fucking thing the reviewers talk about in regards to this show is "Consent! Rape! LGBT! Diversity! Wymiin Power!"
That's all it had going for it, though. If you removed those aspects of it you're left with a derivative show about a brooding protagonist trying to thwart some omnipresent bad guy.

I don't get why you people have such a kneejerk reaction to any type of media that acknowledges the shifting of societal norms.

And the way the show handled the aforementioned was subtle and didn't feel the least bit intrusive.The only instance where it was like "GIRL POWER" was that flashback scene at the bar when Jessica Jones embarrasses that guy in Big Punch.
>>
File: nigmark.png (291 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
nigmark.png
291 KB, 600x512
>character is a strong independent womyn who don't need no man
>except when she gets mind-raped and becomes powerless
>>
DUDE BBC LMAO
>>
needed a couple of cases-of-the-week to have at least some fucking resolution to some plot thread at the end of episode. It becomes way too watered down and decompressed. Same thing happens to Daredevil but much later on. Once Nuke, Trish and Jess are shown really going after Kilgrave, they should have go after him, not stop and have shitty drama with Cage's wife
>>
>>64249469
I didn't have a problem with it at all, in fact I thought it did a really good job with showing how psychologically fucked a person would be after an ordeals like that.

And maybe I enjoyed the show more because I'd read the source material years ago so I knew for the most part what to expect, and desu the show did a better job than the comic.

For most reviewers though, it felt like they trivialized the themes of the show and how it's this fucked up situation Jessica went through by reducing it to "omg she got raped and she beats up people now what a badass womyn"

I guess I'm a faggot but it's shit like that that makes me laugh st those sort of people -- All they got out of the show was that?
>>
>>64249469
>>64250050
Also, part of the point was that she WASN'T some big strong woman because of her powers or the Kilgrave stuff. She was damaged, but it was alright because she was trying to help other people from being abused by him like she was.
>>
File: 1420395032963.jpg (65 KB, 479x479) Image search: [Google]
1420395032963.jpg
65 KB, 479x479
>>64248976
>feminist show
>>
it's veronica mars bullshit
>>
>>64248976
>Edgy strunk wimmin who chunks down alcohol by the gallon without having long term effects
>Black guy serving as leading romantic interest
>Lesbians
>Ranked #1
Yeah... it all checks out.

Tune in next week for another exciting rank list from SJW Network!
>>
Never watched it because of the racemixing. I will never watch anything that shows a nigger or a shitskin romantically involved with a human.
>>
>>64249199
>If it had more of a serious tone and focused on the motif of rape it would've been a good conversation starter
Are you fucking stupid? Tumblr and twitter would eat Marvel/Netflix alive if they concentrated on rape. Even hinting at rape triggers them to the bone. Hell even saying "Raa--" without finishing makes them choke on their own saliva.
>>
I hate this actress and she is the main reason I'm skipping it. A real shame.
>>
File: 1408117967880.png (316 KB, 629x464) Image search: [Google]
1408117967880.png
316 KB, 629x464
>>64248976
When even a feminist like Emily Nussbaum of the New Yorker says:

>In early episodes, Jessica is a bit of a drag: she’s like the self-image of every brooding brunette, a hot punk Daria in shredded Citizens of Humanity jeans and red lipstick. Of course, a modern TV show needs to be more than go-girl feminist to be any good. (If you doubt that, check out the absolute disaster that is the pilot for Amazon’s “Good Girls Revolt.”) And, truth be told, “Jessica Jones” wasn’t entirely my jam. It took five episodes for me to get interested—three too many, in these days of television glut. And only after the seventh and eighth did the cruel and clever plot twists (which include graphic torture) become truly gripping. In the early episodes, the pacing was logy and the action muddy, with several subplots that itched to be trimmed or recast.

You know it's shit.
>>
Lesson #1 for /tv/: You can never, ever please internet feminists, tumblr, SJWs, or any form of leftist bullshit. They will ALWAYS find something to bitch about even when they're in the wrong.

Lesson #2: Ignore them.
>>
>>64251481
I think a lot of that comes down to not giving her any good cases to work before the main plot really kicks in.
>>
>>64248976
>former dexter head writer
This explains why it was such a let down
>>
>>64251481
this review is btw very good.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/12/21/graphic-novel-on-television-emily-nussbaum
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.