[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Through the Looking Glass or The Constant the GOAT episode?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: tumblr_lxcojarMfN1qjemo2o1_500.gif (499 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lxcojarMfN1qjemo2o1_500.gif
499 KB, 500x282
Was Through the Looking Glass or The Constant the GOAT episode?
>>
>>64233683
>tfw normies think "Not Penny's boat" was a bigger moment than "We have to go back, Kate"
plebs, the lot of them
>>
This whole show was pretty great until it became apparent that the writers had no clue what was going on.

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>64233683
Walkabout. Back to reddit
>>
>WAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLTTT
>>
>>64233877

THIS
>>
Man Behind the Curtain
>>
>>64233683

that feeling when his daughter got shot
>>
File: image.jpg (291 KB, 2000x1526) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
291 KB, 2000x1526
KISSBACK
I
S
S
B
A
C
K
>>
>>64233973
Man vulnerable Ben is the best.

>tfw his monologue in front of Ilana
>>
>>64233816
Lack of consistency in the writer team, no long term planning regarding the whole thing.

And I think that the writer's strike didn't help them either.
>>
>tfw you started browsing /tv/ during the second to last season of LOST
Where does the time go?
>>
>>64233683
The Constant is basically perfect from beginning to end and could almost be watched just on its own because all the elements that make it so great are explained in the episode.

>>64233877
Walkabout and The
constant are what made me trust the writers would take me on a good journey because of all the feelings these two episodes stirred in me.

>>64233816
I think it was still pretty good after that though too, and if you watch the show knowing that the ride is more fun.

I think The End should be added to the great list. The whole final season frustrated the shit out of me but the final episode put it into a better perspective and the last ten minutes basically made me cry like a five year old girl.

>tfw Vincent comes and lays beside Jack and Jack doesn't have to die alone
>>
>>64233762
i remember back when it released. everyone was like wtf at the we have to go back scene. best scene ever.
>>
>>64234292

>Decides to not kill his greatest enemies weakness.

Leaving his daughter alive, contrasting what happened to him was a moment of greatness, and it is never talked about
>>
>>64234354
>didnt give a shit about the flashsideways the entire final season because who cares about some alternate reality with different characters
>tfw you suddenly retroactively care about the whole season and want to rewatch it when it's revealed what it actually was

bravo darlton
>>
As a whole, Lost was probably a 7 or even a 6 on 10

But no one can deny that they have their fair share of 10/10 episodes and characters
>>
Do the Lost fans like The Leftovers?
>>
>>64234494

I personally do not. There was decent moments in season 1 but after they said nothing would be explained, it felt like a copout and the fear of being failures again stank all over it.

Weakness should be reviled.
>>
>>64233683
The Constant turned the result of the destruction of the Swan (Desmond's powers) into a joke by giving it to random people on a boat miles off shore.
>>
Personally, I'm partial to Happily Ever After, Flashes Before Your Eyes, and The Shape Of Things To Come.
>>
>>64233921
That's my pick for GOAT

Season 3 has some solid episodes mashed inbetween a boring beginning/tiresome middle
>>
>>64234613
>some solid moments
mate, the back half is some of the best TV ever back to back
>>
Lost thread?
>>
>>64233921
Yeah, it made Ben pretty human. It was kinda sad seeing that he has literally no connection to Jacob, while some Outsider like Locke just communicates with him first try
>>
>>64234434
That's basically it yeah
When I realized it was a form of (sometimes vague) epilogue, I liked it a lot more

But also how the last season piled on more mystery upon more mystery with little resolution was frustrating until I realized that was the point; a lot of lifes mysteries go unsolved giving you the feeling of being L O S T and then you die and the most important thing you can do while living is make connections to every other lost person around you. That was my takeaway anyway (though I suppose it is because it relates to my own life philosophy) and it made me even appreciate the lack of resolutions a little bit. They were still frustrating, but with this interpretation I felt there was a point.
>>
>>64234738
Season Power Rankings:
4>5>3>1>6>2

Best Moment:
>"What are you gonna do, kill my daughter?"
Literally Reddit Moment:
>"le penis boat xD"

Best Episode:
>"Ab Aeterno"
>>
>>64234494
Yes. I still have to finish the first season, but this show is definatly great. The first couple episodes were a good setup, but once the episode about The Minister played by Chris Eccleston happened it became clear this was something special.

Lindelof gets a lot of shit,but that man is a talented writer and he clearly cares about his work
>>
>>64234809

I'm kind of glad the major mysteries were not resolved since it's fun to this day to theorize about them and it'd inevitably turn out to be something super lame like aliens did it all and the island was a UFO or something that would retroactively ruin the series
>>
>>64234863
>3, 4 and 5 the best seasons
objectively correct opinion

everyone who disagrees is a giant pleb
>>
This thread makes me want to watch the show again.

One of the greatest scored shows ever, and reason alone to give this show at least one watch through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQEoDsSmKXw
>>
>>64234738
Who's this qny3.14 ?
>>
>>64234494

literally badLost. I only found myself caring about the priest and Garvey. were some great eps tho , International Assassin was GOAT tier.
>>
Most useless character? I'd say Bernard.

>SOS sign peters out pathetically
>rats out everyone at the radio Tower
>awkward banter and forced chemistry with Rose

Shannon was eye candy at least B-Boone too and Nikki/Paulo were so bad they're funny.
>>
File: Happycouple.jpg (587 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Happycouple.jpg
587 KB, 1280x720
>>64235326
Under appreciated episodes thread?
I actually loved Expose, and I think I would put it in a top ten.
>>
>>64235498
I liked Fire + Water desu

Was fun seeing Charlie crash and burn
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.