[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2 years late to the party, but I finally finished this series.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 930343-dexter.jpg (210 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
930343-dexter.jpg
210 KB, 1920x1200
2 years late to the party, but I finally finished this series.

What was /tv/'s thoughts on the show, and more specifically, the finale.

Personally I found it to be well crafted with mostly good acting. Michael C. Hall was a work of art throughout the series. Batista remained a loyal fan favorite. Quinn became more likable, while Masuka remained the comic relief.

Also most people got what was coming to them... and that always ended with them being killed. Good point or bad, it is what it is.

My biggest gripe would be Deb, though. I don't think there was a single episode where she didn't cry at least twice. By the end of the series I was so sick of her bullshit that I had absolutely no sympathy for her death. She was a constantly negative, nagging character that pulled the show down.

But anywho... what did everyone else think of the show in retrospect, 2 years later?
>>
>I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay
>>
Literally anything post Season 4 is shit tier, the show died with Rita.
>>
>>64231751
I agree to an extent.

The whole Dexter as a single father thing was so half-assed that they had to bring in another character (Batista's sister) just so that it wouldn't ruin the rest of the series.
>>
>>64231236

Rita was a wet blanket, and I cannot condone the show past season 1, and season 2 fbi arc was alright but the rest is just no
>>
This is the universal power ranking for Dexter.

S2>S1>S4>S3>S7>Don't bother watching
>>
It sucks
Literally what the fuck was that ending
Case closed
>>
File: dexter season 8.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
dexter season 8.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
>But a fan gripe was the season had Dexter dispatching new threats like in a typical season rather than a sense of that the show was arcing toward a finale with Dex’s world unraveling.
>BUCK: It felt like we had done that with LaGuerta last season and with Lundy in season 2. I felt like it ran the risk of feeling repetitious and familiar.
>COLLETON: Going that way felt pedestrian to me. I don’t know how else to put it. Years ago it was discussed and tabled as a very predictable non-interesting way to go.

>Have to ask: How did Dex get from his boat to the shore in the middle of a hurricane?
>BUCK: Hopefully it’s not a question that will be examined too closely. The show has always been a half step away from reality; it’s a hyper-reality. We established there is an emergency life raft with an outboard motor on the boat. He could have gotten in the raft and made it safely to shore.

>Since Hannah’s a wanted fugitive, couldn’t she have at least put on a ball cap when walking around Miami?
>BUCK: We played with the idea of dyeing her hair. In the research we did on fugitives we learned there are countless fugitives out there just walking around that nobody is really looking for. There aren’t funds to hunt down every one of them – particularly Hannah, as she hasn’t been convicted of a crime. She’s not high priority. We put her in sunglasses. Otherwise we didn’t want to call more attention to it.
>>
cyborg doakes books better =)=)=)
>>
I'd honestly only bother with season 1 if I were to rewatch any of it.
Rita makes him gain his humanity way too fast and it makes his psychosis seem much less believable to me.
>>
>>64232061

He faked his death so that he wouldn't be followed by Elway meeting up with his family.

Also in his final phone conversation with his son he told him he would see him again.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.