[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Shoot these members of the enemy faction who set up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 16
File: star-wars-force-awakens.jpg (23 KB, 635x409) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-force-awakens.jpg
23 KB, 635x409
>"Shoot these members of the enemy faction who set up a defensive line and fired upon our ships? No way, this isn't right!"
>10 minutes later
>blows up 30 people who presumably grew up with him because he was caught committing treason
>also blows up flight deck controllers and desk jockeys
>WOOOOOP THERE IT IS
>WOOOOOP THERE IT IS
>WOOOOOP THERE IT IS
>DID YOU SEE THAT?
>>
>presumably
indeed
>>
>>64224441
It's a movie made for children
>>
>>64224441
Yeah that seemed pretty weird to me. I was fine with him being a stormtrooper and leaving but he pretty much mass murdered everyone in the hanger bay
>>
>>64224441
He wanted to get the fuck away from the first order, he wasn't a pacifist.
>>
>>64224441
I don't think he necessarily grew up with any of them, there were thousands, maybe millions on that planet/space station/base.
>>
It would be kinda okay if he did that because he was forced to defend himself but he literally starts wasting like dozens of troopers and staff and even yelling WOOHOOO as he does it.

It's a bit much.

Then again Luke doesn't really sweat that he blew up like half a million people on the Death Star and nobody seems to miss Alderaan that much. Leia barely gives a shit about it 5 minutes after it gets exploded.
>>
>>64224527
Why didn't he like the first order?
>>
>>64224534

Do note that what triggered his panic attack on the away mission isn't killing civilians, it was when that fellow trooper died in his arms.
>>
He never once claimed to be a pacifist, only that after he was abducted from his family he swore that he'd never kill for the First Order. Dude hates them.
>>
>>64224545
On his first combat mission he felt bothered at being ordered to execute surrendering unarmed civilians, and then was about to be subjected to some form of discipline or brainwashing for not firing his weapon.
>>
>>64224441
so if someone leaves ISIS because he doesn't want to kill french dudes and instead starts killing terrorists it's a bad developed person
>>
>>64224587
We saw him kneel over the dying trooper, we didn't exactly see any reaction beyond disorientation since he was in his helmet. I doubt people only get combat jitters from close friends getting blasted in front of them.
>>
nigs gonna nig, you see this type of shit in the hood every day
>>
>>64224441
yea cuz killing people who dedicate their lives to killing others is bad cuz you are still killing right george?
>>
>>64224667
Since we soon find out Finn is a coward, we can presume his reaction to the dead trooper was fear for his own safety. He realized the First Order does not give a single shit about him, yet expects him to give up everything for it.
>>
File: 1440012403941.png (22 KB, 344x291) Image search: [Google]
1440012403941.png
22 KB, 344x291
>>64224732
>that one girl in class who helpfully chimes in with "two wrongs don't make a right"
>>
>>64224441
>Opening scene
>Civilians getting slaughtered
>Stormtrooper cops one and bleeds out over his stormbuddy
>Fucking Brutal

I don't think you ever see blood in the first 6 movies. At the start of TFA I was hyped as fuck for a grittier movie where the characters have a little self-awareness about the death and destruction they partake in. But, sadly, it turned out to be just a glib facsimile of the same old mindless schlock.
>>
Look at it like this.

A warlord comes rolling up, kills your family and takes you away to be a child soldier. You get trained to kill with no remorse and brainwashed to like the warlord like a father, but the brainwashing part doesn't stick and so you still hate the warlord for killing your family, and all the other child-soldiers who decide to follow him. Then you're taken out to your first real battle, where you almost die for this motherfucker you hate. And then you're asked to kill other little kid's families after they've surrendered, creating more like yourself. You can't bring yourself to do it. The warlord finds this out and you're ordered to undergo "re-training". Would you stick around, not knowing whether you'll get a second chance or just a bullet in the back of the head? I'd get the fuck out of there.

Since you've been trained from a young age to have no problem with killing, you'll most definitely have no problem killing fuckers following the warlord you hate while trying to escape. The stormtrooper that got killed was probably the only dude Finn had any connection to, hence why he decided to give it all up once he was gone as well.
>>
>>64224441
He is a black guy in a group that treats black badly and only gives powers to white people.
No wonder he was happy to get the hell out
>>
>>64224545
He realized that this was his fate as well after his stormtrooper friend died in front of him.
>>
>>64224545
strict prohibition against rape
>>
>>64224776
I can dig it, even so if it was a pure fear response he probably would have fired at the villagers just to avoid reprogramming.
>>
>>64224806
totally forgot about that. also hoped there would be more meaning to each kill. turned out it was just a method to differ him from the others pff.
>>
>>64224812
So that's the best you can come up with huh?

I have a better one, that was a badly written scene.
>>
>>64224441
>>"Shoot these members of the enemy faction who set up a defensive line and fired upon our ships? No way, this isn't right!"

I think the main thing was they corralled the surviving townspeople into the centre of town and slaughtered them, unarmed. Old people, women, children, weird looking aliens.
>>
File: 1375564865520.jpg (58 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1375564865520.jpg
58 KB, 625x626
>>64225182
Was getting caught part of your plan?
>>
>>64224543
I feel like impaling a stormtrooper just like you were a couple days before is way more personal than blowing up a space station.
>>
>>64224806
>I don't think you ever see blood in the first 6 movies. At the start of TFA I was hyped as fuck for a grittier movie where the characters have a little self-awareness about the death and destruction they partake in.
You do see blood, and this is Disney now. Congrats on being a retard
>>
>>64224776
That probably it. He was't a pacifist, he was a coward. Later he has a crush on a girl and find courage to risk his life and kill.
>>
How did the other Stormtroopers recognize him if they're never allowed to take off their helmets, which are filter smoke not toxins, even though smoke is a type of toxin, and any filtration system with a filter fine enough to filter smoke particles will be able to filter all other airborne toxins anyway?
>>
File: pbarm[1].jpg (309 KB, 1500x720) Image search: [Google]
pbarm[1].jpg
309 KB, 1500x720
>>64224806
>I don't think you ever see blood in the first 6 movies.
>>
>>64225324
They probably take them off to eat and what not.
>>
File: 1442420926565.jpg (51 KB, 915x674) Image search: [Google]
1442420926565.jpg
51 KB, 915x674
>>64224441
That's the second worst aspect of the movie. Boyega played a fine Finn, just as Ridley played a fine Rey. Unfortunately, the writer's weren't at the same level as the actors. Finn would've been so much more lovable if he refused to fight until he saw Rey in danger, and Rey would've been so much more lovable if she ever failed at anything.

Too bad, since the actors played both with as much charisma as they could've.
>>
>>64225324
They probably posted a bunch of pictures around Starkiller of the face of a TRAITOR.
>>
>>64225389
Why the fuck can /tv/ write better Star Wars characters than Disney
>>
>>64225499
criticizing is not the same as creating
>>
>>64225389
Rey:
>sad backstory of waiting for family to come back showing her to be naive yet self sufficient
>bit of a fangirl to the rebels
>happens across the falcon
>Never been off planet or piloted anything other than a land speeder but she pilots the juryrigged falcon amazingly in minutes
>Han finds her and becomes psudo dad
>pilots the falcon better than Han cuz even he cant believe them moves
>knows how to fix the falcon better than Han
>didnt know the force existed 2 hours earlier but without it even clicking she already knew she could convice 007 into releasing her and was successful at it in seconds
>Never used the force before but was able to force back a trained and experienced force user when he tried to read her mind; not only blocking him, but reading his and overpowering him
i know being ill-trained is Kylo's character but still
>force pulls a saber on first try overpowering another trained and experienced pull
took luke 3 movies to do it with that much ease
>holds her own using a pretty unfamiliar dangerous weapon against someone with training and experience + force
Basically, shes a mary sue
like, the worst kind of fanfiction mary sue
the Instantly Good At Everything and becomes attached to all the old main characters kinda mary sue
where her only faults are being booksmart but street dumb and naive which just makes her endearing

im not even gonna argue the Janitor holding his own against a trained saberist who uses the force, or why kylo would use the force to freeze people in some moments but not others and opt to engage them in combat, or the overly convenient factor of the falcon being there and getting picked up by han at this moment as the heros were already on their quest. The first movies were filled with a level of camp that we can just look past so im willing to let a level of that go thru here.
>>
>>64225554
cont.

but janitor was introduced as "defecting trooper that wants to run but will do whatever to save rey" and by the end of the movie, he was the same thing.. Defecting stronktrooper who loves rey.
he doesnt arch
Characters tell the audience that Po is the best pilot on the fleet and thats all his character was this time around
everyone was 1 note
except Darth JPofGrandmasBoy.. Hes the only real character of the whole movie
the only one with any depth and even a mild arch where he seems to personally commit to something
star of the movie really.. next to bb8
after bb8, maybe that pignose giant thing drinking from the water..
but yea.. rey being such a mary sue.. fuck
felt like i was watching a self insert from a middle school girl who started a fanfiction about harry potter but replaced the names with star wars characters

--Disclaimer: Still immeasurably better than the prequels. It was competent, and these are gripes that most people wouldnt even notice.
>>
>>64224615
It's just not plausible that someone who was brainwashed from such a young age that he doesn't even have a name would turn against them like that.
>>
You seriously can't tell the difference between:
>Shoot this small primitive encampment of people for not giving us something that doesn't belong to us"
>Shoot the guys who ordered the aforementioned deaths and who are now shooting at us as we try to escape, also they kidnapped me when I was a baby, also pretty soon they start blowing up entire planets
>>
>>64225554
The worst part of this is that Rey is NATURALLY likable. Ridley played her character plenty of enthusiasm. Too bad they didn't care and just make her character garbage by overpowering it for no reason.
>>
>>64225633
Murder is murder, maaaan! Stop shilling!!
>>
>>64224441

>"Yeah, I'm Resistance. They look exactly like me, the Resistance people."

>"A boyfriend? A cute boyfriend?

>"That is one hell of a pilot!"

>"Why, why do you keep doing that with your head?"

>"You've gotta be kidding me!"

>"Now I'm in charge, Phasma! I'm in charge!"

Wow, what an actor. And what a character.
>>
>>64225554
>Never piloted anything other than a land speeder
Can you guys fuck off? Luke also only piloted a landspeeder.
>>
>>64225633
>>Shoot this small primitive encampment of people for not giving us something that doesn't belong to us"
But he clearly broke when he saw his friend die, not innocent villagers.
>>
File: melpepe.jpg (48 KB, 458x390) Image search: [Google]
melpepe.jpg
48 KB, 458x390
>>64224615

>another memester uses ISIS analogy for Episode VII
>>
>>64225650
of course she seems great.. Shes a mary sue. Instantly great at everything and the only flaws make her more endearing. Shes not believably competent like leia, or survivalist that only knows her own particular skills like furiosa, or anything.
Shes feels like a self insert of someone; like shes a reworked version of some OC named Blackdragon Moonfeather of House Griffendor.

I liked how XMen first class handled xavior. 1st movie he was a douche and it ends with him not being a douche.. He didnt instantly become prof x, but he arched a bit.. Next movie shows him developing more and realizing what the responsibility entails and accepting it.. Small archs each movie, larger archs over the span
not just Introduction of a flat character and thats it for the rest of the film; not just making people important off the bat.
>>
>>64225720
Did Luke know the inner workings of the millennium falcon?
>>
>>64225782
Did he know the inner workings of an X-Wing?
Did he have the Falcon sitting in a junklot so he could go tinker with it whenever he wanted?
>>
>>64225733
He was clearly effected by it, that doesn't mean that's the moment he broke. Maybe if he'd been on a few more mundane missions against other combatants he could have worked his way up to summary execution of civilians.
>>
File: T16skyhopper_negvv.jpg (406 KB, 1028x1300) Image search: [Google]
T16skyhopper_negvv.jpg
406 KB, 1028x1300
>>64225720
really? i could have sworn he shot womp rats in something that wasnt just a land speeder. a t-16 i believe
>>
>>64225720
Exactly, and he wasnt a super awesome pilot better than han with his own ship

and keep in mind, he sucked at everything. He struggled to get the saber out of the snow in Empire, he missed the shot at first in ANH, he lost the fight to vader in empire, and even at the end of everything he fuckin lost the fight to vader and the emperor and it was the badguys doing themselves in that really won the fight.. He wasnt instantly good, but he grew, and we as an audience grew with him. Even Luke and Han hated each other at first but after seeing them save each other and go thru serious shit together, theyre friendship in RotJ is palpable. Theyre happy to see each other and we know the gravity of that friendship.. It wasnt all handed to us, and they werent all perfect. They were a mess of flaws and real personalities.
>>
>>64225813
>Did he know the inner workings of an X-Wing?
I don't think we ever saw him describe the machinery or electronics of one in any detail in IV, so I would say not. Rey on the other hand knows what's wrong just from hearing a pop and hiss.
>Did he have the Falcon sitting in a junklot so he could go tinker with it whenever he wanted?
According to Rey it hadn't flown in years. Do you think Quarter-Portion was keen on letting her tinker his with his shit?
>>
>>64225733
True, but that could have made him realize what they were doing to other people.

I just realized we are discussing this in greater detail than the producers ever did and it is making me furious.
>>
>>64225782
The only "inner workings" she knew about enough to tinker with was the shit the junk guy had installed in it. The rest was just piloting, the same as any spaceship.

It's like knowing about your neighbour's car modifications when you live in a small village.
>>
Poe would never pound his black bp if he had killed those civilians. Later he wants to impress him by betraying his First Order comrades.
>>
>>64225720
>Luke was looking to join a pilot's academy
>he bullseyes womp rats
>Obi-Wan knows about his skills as a pilot
>Luke tells Han he could just fly them to Alderaan and skip his price
>one of his old friends vouches for him at the Rebellion base
>you've never watched the first movie
>>
>>64225720

WATCH THE FUCKING OT YOU APOLOGIST SHILL
>>
>>64225818
>He was clearly effected by it, that doesn't mean that's the moment he broke
Actually, if the movie shows that's what hits him hard, then we're supposed to assume that's the reason behind his defection. That's how cinema works. Emotion -> Action. Either way, >>64225861
is right. We've talked more about this then the writers did.
>>
>>64225839
>>64225894
>>64225901
Well shit, I haven't seen it in ages...
>>
>>64225901
Yeah. In one off hand line that's never shown.
In one off hand line that's never shown Rey says she has the exact same kind of experience luke had.
>>
>>64225919
>if the movie shows that's what hits him hard
We saw him hesitate and stumble a bit. It was probably the first time in his life he'd seen anyone die in any context. I don't see why that's a natural inflection point where he'd turn against the first order, moreso than the order he refused to obey.
>>
>>64225962
>In one off hand line that's never shown.
In several on-screen references by multiple characters >>64225894
>Rey says she has the exact same kind of experience luke had.
She didn't. People are making up headcanon to explain her skills. We don't know which explanation the next movie will actually pick to clean up her character, if they bother to tidy it up at all.
>>
>>64225967
He didn't want revenge for the death, he just didn't want to be a part of it anymore, that's why he didn't shoot.
>>
>>64225962

>one off hand line

several fucking lines

the whole first part of the movie was him bitching about his uncle not letting him finally fuck off to join the imperial academy despite all the practice he's had

>says she has the exact same kind of experience
fuck off retard

Luke's piloting was the skill they built up throughout the whole movie.
>>
My feeling about Rey at the end is that she has no understanding of the light/dark boundaries. She's attacking Kylo with intent to at least maim him and probably kill him because he's killed one member of her party and injured the other.

Don't look at it like she punked out someone more trained than she is. Instead, it was basically an earthquake that prevented her from gaining dark side karma by killing off an injured guy who didn't expect her to be so strong.
>>
>>64224487
So you liked it right?
>>
File: q5SsDV6.gif (1 MB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
q5SsDV6.gif
1 MB, 300x188
>>64226002
>>64226017
There's no direct correlation to the Imperial Academy being a piloting school. Its never even said that he's going to the imperial academy on the original film. The only reference to his abilities as a pilot is his own statement about how its not hard to hit something only 2 meters across.

You're bring shit up from no doubt scrapped EU. In both films both their skills as pilots have equal merit. Both Luke and Rey have some piloting experience, and neither had flown off world previously.
To wit, they can right just as much fucking hamfisted backstory to what Rey actually did the same as they did Luke. I'm sorry in one film Rey wasn't as fleshed out as luke is since 3 films and a shit load on novels and comics.

You faggots are pathetic.
>>
>>64225530
Tell that to Kanji club
>>
>>64226016
>He didn't want revenge for the death
I don't think I implied that you implied that. They're clearly more about obeying superiors than any kind of camaraderie - which makes this standing complain about Finn firing on stormtroopers too easily all the more baseless.
>he just didn't want to be a part of it anymore, that's why he didn't shoot.
I can buy that, but if fear motivated him to want to be out of there something else motivated him to not fire, he could have continued to fly under the radar if he'd fired his weapon like everyone else.
>>
>>64226259
They said later it was his first infraction. He already was under the radar even with it
>>
File: 1449140787879.png (13 KB, 217x102) Image search: [Google]
1449140787879.png
13 KB, 217x102
>They never gave me a name

What the fuck? I thought Stormtroopers were conscripted, not cloned.

Are TFA stormtroopers all lab-grown black slaves?
>>
>>64226220
>Its never even said that he's going to the imperial academy on the original film.
I'm not digging up my dvd to pull out the quotes, best I can do at the moment is look up the script. Maybe none of this happened, sure:

BEN
Yes, I was once a Jedi Knight the same as your father.
LUKE
I wish I'd known him.
BEN
He was the best star-pilot in the galaxy, and a cunning warrior. I understand you've become quite a good pilot yourself. And he was a good friend. Which reminds me...

LUKE
You bet I could. I'm not such a bad pilot myself! We don't have to sit here and listen...

BIGGS
Sir, Luke is the best bushpilot in the outer rim territories.

LUKE
And if these new droids do work out, I want to transmit my application to the Academy this year.

OWEN
Harvest is when I need you the most. Only one more season. This year we'll make enough on the harvest so I'll be able to hire some more hands. And then you can go to the Academy next year.

>In both films both their skills as pilots have equal merit.
Rey struggles to figure out the controls a bit, but as far as we're told it's her first time piloting anything other than her straddlehoverer, and after a couple minutes she's all over it. Luke's skills are referenced throughout the film, though we only see it at the end.
The bigger problem is that Rey knows exactly where everything is and how everything works on this ship she dismissed as garbage that same morning.

>To wit, they can right just as much fucking hamfisted backstory to what Rey actually did the same as they did Luke.
They certainly can. Don't pretend they already did.
>>
>>64226350
A first infraction he was about to be "reprogrammed" for. If he had fired he wouldn't have come to anyone's attention, and if Po wasn't there he wouldn't have had a fortunate opportunity to escape just when he needed to.
>>
>>64225592
It's one out of how many stormtroopers over the course of the Empire and First Order?

After reading the backstory the one who died and rubbed his blood over FN's face was his best friend. Immediately afterward in a critical moment there was a questionable order when he was shaken. That was his first taste of any combat. Another note that /tv/ misses is that Phasma did reprimand FN and his punishment was done with (she mentions this to Kylo when going over who the traitor is). FN was just finished with the first order and decides to escape, and kills other Stormtroopers while trying to escape in "self defense."

There were many things wrong with the movie, but this was one of the more believable things. Rey being a Mary Sue is the bigger issue. The only way to solve her being a Mary Sue is to reveal she was a jedi/trained before. The spontaneous translations, being a better mechanic than Han, equal pilot as Han, and beating Kylo Ren at the end is excessive. The force pull on the saber is fine though. They could've just had a gap created between Kylo and Rey to end the battle with the earthquake. If they wanted to give Kylo a face scar she could've gotten a blow on him when Kylo turned to see the earthquake coming. Kylo pushes/kicks her away and then boom, ground drops.

The movie was a solid 7-8/10, but with minor tweaks it could be a solid 8 or 8.5/10.
>>
> there were these advanced AT-AT lookin' things hanging out in the background of the rally
> We know they exist but didn't even get to see what they do.
>>
>>64226485
It's stated they're conscripted as infants.
>>
File: 1482375423842347.png (1 MB, 1156x748) Image search: [Google]
1482375423842347.png
1 MB, 1156x748
>>64226544
Finn's like in his mid-20's and he immediately defected at the first sight of blood.

That's some shit indoctrination.
>>
>>64226594
Han asked him what he did and he said sanitation. I'm guessing they do "tours" and it was Finns first drop.
>>
>>64226594
Could be, they had some corrective reprogramming ready to go in case of that sort of infraction, so he probably wasn't the first.
>>
anyone else think boyega was trying to act like will smith?
>>
>>64226623
Even so, you'd think they'd expose them to violence. Make them toss a detonator at Ewoks and not interfere with the outcome, or watch fish suffocate or something.
>>
>>64226623
Sounds like a recipe for failure. Were they just short on soldiers?
>>
File: neckless.jpg (148 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
neckless.jpg
148 KB, 1920x1080
>>64226539
They look like AT-AT's with the same disorder this dog has. Thank christ we didn't see more of them.
>>
>>64224487
For 50-something manchildren who "grew" on OT.
>>
>>64226721
The "WOOO" during the dogfight was a bit much and straight out of Independence Day, the rest was fine though.
>>
>>64224487
All of star wars is
>>
>>64226594
>That's some shit indoctrination.

He only combated it because he's a Force-sensitive.
>>
>>64226623
He had been in there since he was a kid and yeah that was his first real combat. Before that he got top marks in his training academy shit and was considered officer material by his superiors.
>>
>>64224441
Finn was feeling the death around him similar to how Leia felt Han's death. It was a subtle hint to establish that Finn was force sensitive.
>>
>>64226539
WHERE ARE THE HEADS
>>
>>64224545
If 2meter milf raped you every single night you would've too deslike being in First Order.
>>
File: thatismyfetish.jpg (16 KB, 303x312) Image search: [Google]
thatismyfetish.jpg
16 KB, 303x312
>>64226814
Speak for yourself.
>>
>>64226814
>Gwendoline Christie
>milf

Underage pls leave.
>>
>>64224441
I felt like his constant excitement was a stand-in for any real character. He's always giddy, bouncing around, shouting and hooting at anything he finds thrilling.

It's like the action movie version of the laugh track. Like the audience is supposed to ooh and ahh because that's what Fin is doing whether the scene actually merits it or not.
>>
>>64225574
>better than prequela
Fuck no.
>>
>>64226539

They will appear in NOT-Empire Strikes Back

because poetry
>>
>>64225708
>>"Now I'm in charge, Phasma! I'm in charge!"
we da president now!
>>
>>64224441
>that scene where kylo Ren looks directly at him when he has that turn during the raid
>kylo ren knows exactly who he is when they say one of the storm troopers has defected
Kylo Ren could sense the light side of the force awakening inside Finn.
That's why the movie is called The Force Awakens(tm).
>>
>>64226888
No. She is too old 4u.
>>
>>64225083
What a shit response. Do you seriously think this is going to convince anyone? That post actually has thought put into it.
>>
>>64227108
It's just a bunch of assumptions. Nothing about Fin's character is properly communicated through the film. You're forced to imagine why he does what he does instead.
>>
>>64226754
Obviously.
>>
I just watched the movie.

Finn literally never celebrates killing people. He celebrates destroying a gun turret.

At least watch the fucking movie if you're going to criticize it, you fucking sheep.

Yes, I'm mad.
>>
>>64227171
GOD FORBID THEY DON'T FUCKING SPOONFEED EVERYTHING TO YOU.
>>
>>64227171
>Nothing about Fin's character is properly communicated through the film.

Except for the part where he mentioned how he was abducted as a kid and swore to never kill for them.
>>
>>64227270
>why bother putting something into a movie when your audience can just imagine it instead
>>
>>64227171
>Nothing about Fin's character is properly communicated through the film

So you didn't even watch the movie?
>>
>>64225813

Actually, hate to be that guy, but Luke does mention to Biggs how it is very similar to the ships they have flown in Tatooine.
>>
>>64227311
There are people on /tv/ right now who are this bad at passive entertainment
>>
>>64227264
He celebrates his former allies who are getting killed en masse by the resistance at Maze's, or whatever her name was when their only crime was following orders in the first place.
>>
File: Female_Changeling.jpg (26 KB, 325x396) Image search: [Google]
Female_Changeling.jpg
26 KB, 325x396
>>64224441
Are going to wipe out the new storm troopers and replace them with clones?

Because I would abort the those soldiers at the first sign of betrayal (case and point finn)
>>
Finn and Rey are going to have some beautiful mixed raced children in the final film that will carry the Star Wars franchise for the next decade.

Can't wait.
>>
File: boyega.png (459 KB, 682x564) Image search: [Google]
boyega.png
459 KB, 682x564
>>64227311
i hate this about star wars since the prequels, everything exists in relation to something outside the screen at some point where presumed EU and the viewer imagining excuses meet (even basic things like characterization) - as if it serves as a replacement of what the screen should be suggesting about the world it's building

there's no emotions resting on the screen. It's like the Plinkett bit about we're only watching vader because it's important to us and we've seen him on previous films, nothing rests on its own merits

>>64227270
>GOD FORBID THEY DON'T FUCKING SPOONFEED EVERYTHING TO YOU
and the fans think they're being smart and watching tarkovsky for the first time in their masochism and lack of emotional air in their vaccuum
>>
Literally out of the movie:

Rey is such a huge fanfiction tier mary sue that she actually breaks suspension of disbelief basically from the second she steps on the Falcon.

Finn is fine, but I agree its jarring watching him mass murder his friends especially after its a death of a storm trooper that triggers his cowardice and PTSD. Also I find it hard to believe someone raised from essentially birth as a storm trooper would betray his own people so easily.

Kylo Ren is well acted and well written, but he teleports around too much. (how does he get in front of Finn and Rey in the forest injured and down the bottom of a giant room?)

Han Solo is fantastic I was actually worried Ford was going to phone it the fuck in.

Movie in general was based a little too much on coincidence, but it was decent and competent in the same way that Marvel movies are decent and competent, but it's not fantastic, I wouldn't even say it's that good and there are far better action adventure films this year (Rogue Nation, Mad Max).

People love this movie because it's Star Wars and it's not shit, but that doesn't make it AAA best movie that everyone I talk to seems to think it is.

Oh also the entire premise doesn't make any sense, why is the Republic's army called the Resistance? Why was the First Order allowed to grow so large? How did they even build that fucking thing?

Oh also the CGI was mediocre for characters and there were bizarre blatant green screen shots and the film ends on a fucking weird go-pro tier shot.
>>
I was pretty dissapointed Finn doesnt act like soldier at all. Not a single bit. He is suppose to be bred stormtrooper, basically living all his life military style. What we get in the movie is just a random average guy from a street.

Movie is a fun ride, but if you start thinking about it, even just a tiny bit. Its just a giant fucking mess.
>>
>>64225849
But Vader was actually competent.
Kylo wasn't.
Even a non-Jedi managed to hurt him in a light saber duel, that's how much he sucks.
>>
>>64224441
>>64224491

Not disagreeing on the points but the movie does a weird job of not killing the bad guys with faces unless they're stormtroopers.

That hanger bay blows up but the shot of it is just a bunch of people getting pushed back from the explosion and landing back on the ground and honestly it doesn't look too terrible from what I remember and unless they are shown to be vaporized from the blast, Disney rules suggest people weren't killed.

Same with Starkiller blowing up. Not saying people didn't die but people must have made it out considering the scrambling and considering Hux was able to find a crippled Kylo somehow in a forest and escape.
>>
As 4chan decided to go on strike, 3 hours late:
Was the dialog writing in english as bad as in german?
Goofy oneliners, far to fast paced dialogs and thinking processes, lazy emotional projecting?
like when han solo confronts kylo on the bridge instead of implying, that kylo is driven apart by good writing, kylo just says "dad, i am driven apart". Same when finn tells us about why he ledt the stormtroopers. How lazy is that?
for the plot:
fut the starkiller crap and turn it into a hunt for skywalker in two perspectives. Kylo ren and the light side team. Then you could use the screentime to.
>>
>>64224441
movie would have been much better with the jock jams sound track, a la A Knight's Tale
>>
>>64226544
I thought it was implied they were clones and the leadership just tells them they were conscripted as kids to keep the cloning stuff secret
>>
>>64228898
Just wait until they reveal that Finn is Lando's son
>>
>>64228993
Pls no
>>
>>64224441
Because The First Order is the bad guys.

The whole point of Finn's character is that he is contrast to Rey. Finn became Good from Bad, while Rey becomes Bad from Good.

The trilogy is about Skywalker's legacy and curse of their bloodline. Anakin fell to the Dark Side. Luke was on the edge to the Dark Side. And Rey falls to the Dark Side.

The first movie setups the relationship between Rey and Finn, so that you can later on look back to that kiss and happy times when they're fighting eachothers at the finale.

Finn is the cure to Skywalker's tainted blood and their babies are free from the original sin, of being Skywalkers. Only by fucking the black man can indepentend white woman be free of her family's dark past.
>>
did anyone think Kylo yelling TRAITOR at Finn seemed really forced and unnatural? I mean, he yelled it like he had just seen him but he had been there standing around for a while.
>>
File: 1447356578814.png (717 KB, 1036x765) Image search: [Google]
1447356578814.png
717 KB, 1036x765
>yfw Finn is the best character
>>
My favorite character arc is how Rey is a hobo living in a wreck, collecting cans for food but she can do anything she puts her mind to.
>>
>>64229411
Yeah, character from humble beginnings overcoming the big evil is such a weird plot element.
The feminists are probably behind it.
>>
>>64229492
Yeah man, I saw a hobo bite another hobo for a sandwich once. It was epic.

The fact that she has humble origins, or overcomes adversity isn't the problem. The fact that she can literally do anything is. There are no uses for the other characters, and she's never in danger because she just one ups every other character.
>>
That's what traitors do
>>
>>64224441
HE WUZ A GOOD BOI
HE DINNDU NUFFIN
>>
>>64229588
I agree that they should have shown her struggle more - simple because it makes the overcoming more interesting but it's completely blown out of proportions here.

It's a simple movie just like the original, she's the good guy and has magic and wins everything.

I'm guessing they will go for more pottery and show her failing in the next movie.
Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.