[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did he truly deserve his sentence?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: bernie-jack-black-wallpaper.jpg (172 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
bernie-jack-black-wallpaper.jpg
172 KB, 1920x1040
Did he truly deserve his sentence?
>>
I think that someone being a huge bitch doesn't give you the right to kill them. I do think it was a dick move to move the trial out of his town though.
>>
he shouldn't have been waving a fake gun around a park.
>>
Well he's free now so
>>
He cleared out the freezer beforehand.
>>
>>64224195
True, I think he should have been charged with manslaughter instead given the circumstances.
Just from the movie perspective it seemed like the prosecutor had a hard-on for him and just wanted to be the top dog rather than actually pushing for a suitable punishment.
>>
>>64224250
Is he? I thought he was doing life
>>
>>64224261
I at least think that his own town being the jury would have been a more fair trial, but only because I like the idea of a town being able to take care of its own problems.
>>
>>64224353
I can agree with that too, it seemed completely unnecessary to get the feds involved in it (not to mention moving the trial and the trial itself probably cost taxpayers a few million).
>>
>In his confession, Tiede said he considered beating Marjorie Nugent to death with a baseball bat but decided that he “didn’t want her to suffer.” So he pre-placed a hunting rifle in a hallway, then grabbed it while following Mrs. Nugent out to her garage. He shot her in the back.

>When police raided Tiede’s home, they found five Visa cards, four Mastercards, four American Express cards and documents connected to numerous bank and brokerage accounts. There’s every reason to believe that Tiede had been milking Nugent of her money and that she had been demanding an accounting of funds she had entrusted to him for investment purposes. He panicked.

>There is no question from Tiede’s confession that this murder was premeditated. But his lawyers are trying to argue that he somehow had experienced a “dissociative” episode in which he was behaving in response to sexual abuse he had been subjected to as a child. He was prompted to take this action because she had been mean to him, causing him to relate her treatment to that of the person who molested him as a child.
triggered
>>
>>64224228
UNDERRATED
>>
This is why jury nullification is a thing.
>>
>>64224300
He was released in 2014 under the condition that he would live on Richard Linklater's property.
>>
i think the whole point of the movie is that people are fucked up enough that they WOULD let a nice person kill a total bitch. the movie also tries to bait you into thinking the same way. dude tried to get away with murder, baka
>>
>>64224673
I think the movie intends only to raise questions I don't think it takes a side
>>
>>64224719
Then it's a little pussy of a fucking film. Movies should throw the fuck down and have some narrator bellowing about What This Means like in Magnolia.
>>
BASED LINKLATER.

This movie is sooo good.
>>
>>64224640
That sounds like a net benefit for Linklater
>>
despite the darkish nature, it's a comfy ass movie
>>
File: images (6).jpg (19 KB, 339x434) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
19 KB, 339x434
Jesus Christ, that fucking hairline
>>
I live 30 minutes from Carthage and I know the real Danny buck. Ama
>>
>>64225694
>implying Jack Black ever gave a fuck about his hair
>>
>>64225704
Is he an asshole in real life like he was in the movie?
>>
>>64225729
Don't know him that well. Only met him once. He seemed ok.
>>
>>64225710
Not saying he ever did. I just never noticed it until now
>>
>>64224719
It does take a sympathetic side to him. Are you fucking crazy?
>>
>>64225704
>I know the real Danny buck
>Don't know him that well. Only met him once

what the fuck, faggot.
>>
>>64225946

We're very close friends and he considers me his confidante. I was once in the same room as him. Not while he was in it though.
>>
>>64224640
>made a movie that got a man out of jail
now thats good directing
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.