[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wow, this Kylo Ren guy really sucks >he's not threatening
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 17
File: databank-phasma-jpg[1].jpg (783 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
databank-phasma-jpg[1].jpg
783 KB, 3000x2000
>wow, this Kylo Ren guy really sucks
>he's not threatening at all and he feels like a petulant, sloppy little twerp with no real motives
>maybe this stormtrooper general will be the Darth Vader this film's formula desperately needs
>she appears at the nazi speech right next to the speaker so maybe
>TRASH COMPACTOR :^)))))

I'm sorry, but can't I get anything out of this movie?

It's like they went out of their way to copy the exact formula of the original movies without any understanding of why they worked or what they needed to function.
>>
I thought the OT was good tho
>>
I thought they killed Grievous, what the fuck is this?
>>
Why didn't they make her fight Finn with the spinning stun stick?
>>
>>64219221
>this movie is too similar to A New Hope!
>why isn't Kylo Ren Darth Vader???
>>
>>64219498
>follow the exact recipe for A New Hope
>replace key ingredients with water
>>
>>64219519
Kylo Ren gets more development in one film than Vader gets in three. What makes him interesting isn't that he's intimidating, it's that he's creepy. He's basically a mentally unstable school shooter. Much better than Vader.
>>
File: 1414112450294.gif (2 MB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1414112450294.gif
2 MB, 500x600
>>64219221
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WHERE IS THE SPOOKY BIG BAD

go play some videogames
>>
Kylo Ren is like those creepy MRA friend zoned guys. Makes me shudder to think about it lol
>>
>>64219663
>Kylo Ren gets more development in one film than Vader gets in three.

No

Darth Vader gets built up as an intimidating figure and carefully dismantled into something more important than a shitty sub-boss to Palpatine, to the point where he matters more than Palpatine himself

Kylo Ren has more movies to prove himself but it isnt looking so good, especially since his actor is fucking garbage
>>
>>64219743
>especially since his actor is fucking garbage
You literally couldn't be more wrong. There isn't a single better performance in the previous six films.

>Darth Vader gets built up as an intimidating figure and carefully dismantled into something more important than a shitty sub-boss to Palpatine,
He starts off as Tarkin's henchman and ends up being Palpatine's henchman. Such development!
>>
>>64219743
Kylo Ren is built up as a far more human antagonist and as an anti-Vader specifically to remind the viewer that they are not watching the OT.

Taking off his mask, slashing the shit out of the consoles, creepily whispering to Rey all make him out as an interesting and relatable antagonist to contrast with Vader's cool and intimidating self. He wants to be Vader, but he can't. Now he's killed his father and plans on finishing his training, so there's a chance he'll come back as a disturbing, emotionally-distanced psychopath closer to Vader in the next film.
>>
>>64219743
>his actor is fucking garbage

The scene where he asks his father to help him is possibly one of the best scenes in star wars. You have shit taste m8.
>>
File: 1445310618675.jpg (23 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
1445310618675.jpg
23 KB, 500x383
>>64219846
>You literally couldn't be more wrong. There isn't a single better performance in the previous six films.
>>
File: 1406721692701.png (43 KB, 346x256) Image search: [Google]
1406721692701.png
43 KB, 346x256
>>64219743
>especially since his actor is fucking garbage
>>
>>64219924
There isn't. The acting in Star Wars is notoriously shit.
>>
>>64219921
>Help me....
>Anything son
>*Unsheathes katana*
>Help me kill you!!!! hehe, nothing personal dad.
Do you seriously consider this one of the best scenes in all of Star Wars?
>>
File: 1446246279986.jpg (38 KB, 480x647) Image search: [Google]
1446246279986.jpg
38 KB, 480x647
>>64219885

Here's the problem: this movie followed the formula of A New Hope, and that formula calls for a Darth Vader figure. It needs an immediate threatening menace.

Do we really need three fucking characters who are all "conflicted" and "trying to figure out who they really are?" Even the fucking bad guy? Because when you have three of these same kinds of characters, all it does is make everyone seem like a helpless idiot and the audience is left waiting for somebody to take action and actually get shit moving.

There are three characters who did this: Han Solo, Poe and Fin. Han Solo did it because he's Han Solo, an old-school rogue type of character always hunting for opportunity. Poe did this because he was part of the Rebellion, which had a specific goal in mind. Fin did this, but only because he wanted to A) get the fuck away from the army who wants him dead, and B) fuck the only female he's ever seen that wasn't in gender-neutral space armor.
>>
>>64220009
If you're over 12 years old you'd have realized that he genuinely thought twice and wasn't sure until the last moment that killing Han was what he needed to do.
>>
File: 1408675216729.png (638 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1408675216729.png
638 KB, 720x540
>>64220009
How dull and desensitized do you have to be to let internet memes cloud your judgment of a fucking movie?
>>
>>64220009
>Do you seriously consider this one of the best scenes in all of Star Wars?
It's a great scene. It's where he removes the family temptation that ended up being Vader's descent from dark to light (descent in his eyes). It's where he proves to himself that he's stronger than Vader.
>>
>>64220051
>killing Han was what he needed to do

To do what? Be more powerful? Is that really the extent of this supposedly deep and highly nuanced bad guy character? Is it really a good reason to make him seem like a geeky faggot milquetoast pussy rather than an actual threatening antagonist?

The pursuit of power for no reason is something I expect to see out of a Saturday morning cartoon villain. Star Wars isn't much higher than that but give me a fucking break.
>>
>>64220041
If you think that this is a legitimate complaint then you can never criticize this film for being too similar to A New Hope.
>>
>>64220051
I was memeing, but it was schlocky and silly. If you couldn't tell from his dialogue that he meant he needed to kill him, then you may be the 12-year old. The fact that Han doesn't realize this just makes him look like a stupid chump in the last moment before his death.

>>64220067
>Uses memes to express viewpoint on 4chan
>He must actually be a living meme!!!!!!!
>>
>>64220106
He killed Han in order to seperate himself from the last thing keeping him from fully converting to the dark side. Now he's going to complete his training and become closer to his idol.
>>
File: 1405318047401.jpg (455 KB, 1920x1088) Image search: [Google]
1405318047401.jpg
455 KB, 1920x1088
>>64220106
>To do what? Be more powerful? Is that really the extent of this supposedly deep and highly nuanced bad guy character?

Yeah.

Because it's fucking STAR WARS

STAR

WARS
>>
>>64220127

who the fuck cares

if its going to copy a new hope then go all the way, dont try to deceive me and fail miserably
>>
>>64220127
>Tripfags being retarded
At least someones sticking to a tried and true formula
>>
>>64220185
>This Star Wars movie sucked, it tried to follow a formula but left out or changed too many core elements that made it work

SHUT UP SHUT UP ITS ACTUALLY A MORE ADVANCED AND BETTER SCRIPT ITS MORE SMARTER THAN THE OLD STAR WARS FUCKING NOSTALGIA FAAAAAAAAAG

>Okay, but then why were the characters still written poorly? Ignoring all the key writing elements left out, most of the cast had no direction, personality or motives.

WOW REDDIT WOW FUCKING SHITLORD ITS JUST A STAR WARS MOVIE WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE SO DEEPLY WRITTEN AND BELIEVABLE CANT YOU JUST EAT THE POPCORN AND KEEP GIVING THE JEWS MONEY I CANT EVEN UMMMM
>>
>>64220185
Doesn't a conflicted character need some kind of slightly noble or understandable motivation?

As it is, Kylo Ren helped destroy a solar system because he essentially wants force steroids. It's as compelling as a 'conflicted' serial killer.
>>
>>64220197
What kept it from becoming overbearingly similar to A New Hope is the fact that it isn't just a straight-up copy. Otherwise they should have just remade episode IV
>>
>>64220280

All it did was copy superficial elements from that movie and leave out anything that made that film work.
>>
>>64220260
I love this shit so much.
Why Jar Jar?
ITS JUST FUCKING STAR WARS LOSER!!!
Really, little kid Anakin blowing up the Droid ship?
ITS STAR WARS, DOESN"T NEED TO BE SATISFYING OR MAKE SENSE
>>
>>64220279
>understandable
>in a galactic science fiction universe
>>
File: 1451034105651.jpg (301 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
1451034105651.jpg
301 KB, 699x1211
>>64220280
All of pic related + the removal of tension and build up.
>>
>>64220279
His motivation is he wants to be great like his grandfather. What's so hard to understand about this?
>>
>>64219426
I think it was better that is was just some ordinary run of the mill stormtrooper kicking Finn's shit, not some special named character that is supposedly better than other stormtroopers
inb4 he was a named character
>>
>>64219723
sucking disney dick's a 24 hour job isn't it, huh?
>>
Isn't she confirmed in the next movie?
>>
>>64220323
The movie is immune from terrible character motivations because fantasy lol

>>64220381
Its not hard to understand, it just doesn't garner any kind of sympathy or tragedy. He killed his Dad because he wants to have bigger force muscles, how touching.
>>
>>64220381

But his grandfather wasn't great. Pretty much every memory of him is sullied by sand and being the Dark Side's errand boy. The only person Darth Vader is important or interesting to is the audience; nobody in-universe believes he is a great person worth aspiring to. Kylo Ren believes things THE AUDIENCE believes, not the actual residents of the fictional world he resides in.

I feel like his character could have been made less retarded if he wanted to be like Luke, rather than Darth Vader. Then you could have killed two birds with one stone for the next movie by building up a bigger mystery as to why Luke became a hermit.
>>
>>64220356
Leaving map parts in droids instead of just telling Leia where he was, all so it could be like A New Hope. Luke truly is a Pottery Master.
>>
>>64220467
he isn't a sympathetic character
>>
>>64220506
So he has all the downsides of a pathetic character, with none of the upsides?
>>
>>64220312
>and leave out anything that made that film work.
Like the stilted acting and bad dialogue of the original trilogy? If you legitimately think that the film lacks originality, then you don't get to complain that a surrogate character is too dissimilar to his original counterpart.
>>
>>64220469
I think we can assume Snoke filled his mind with tales of how powerful and feared he was, which was true to some extent.
>>
>>64220009
*personnel
>>
>>64220545

Yes, and before you say that makes him a good antagonist you need to understand that he didn't prove to be a threat to anyone the entire movie. He was ignored by pretty much the entire cast except for Han Solo because he never proved to be a real problem.
>>
>>64220091
It's a great scene on paper but it had the emotional gravitas of a fucking fart in the movie.
We have JJ to thank for that, not Kasdan.
>>
>>64220580
We seem to be in agreement.
>>
>>64220407
His name is officially TR8-T0R.
>>
File: ccXSLsj1_400x400[1].jpg (15 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
ccXSLsj1_400x400[1].jpg
15 KB, 400x400
there is still no reason for kyle ren&stimpy killing his dad
>>
>>64220545
He's not a tr8r?
>>
>>64220674
to get dark side points dumbo

even vidya like KOTOR does that
>>
>>64220678

I think this meme really says something when one considers Baton Man was a more threatening badass than the fucking Darth Vader stand-in.
>>
>>64220469
Vader was long dead while Kylo was growing up, it makes sense that he only heard the grand tales about him since that's all people knew even while Vader was still alive.
>>
>>64220674
He wants an end to the light/dark conflict raging in him. He thinks killing his father will shut out the light forever but in reality probably made him even more unstable.
>>
>>64220749
>it makes sense that he only heard the grand tales about him since that's all people knew even while Vader was still alive.

In what context? Nobody respected Vader when he was alive, most people probably didn't even know who he was. All they knew was a guy in black armor and a red glowstick showed up to their house and he had a bunch of soldiers with him. He was not "Darth Vader, the Baddest Motherfucker in the Galaxy" until George Lucas decided to write him as Space Jesus in the prequels.
>>
>a literally who kicks everyone's ass from beginning to end, the bad guy sucks and doesn't do anything, and nobody cares when the death star blows up a bunch of nameless planets, and they actually did a death star again
wow
>>
>>64220749
>Well son, that asshole tortured me and killed an old man. Then he tried to stop your father destroying the death star but failed, thus falling ass-backwards up the military ladder. Later he cut off your uncle's hand and had your dad frozen in carbonite. Then he just hung around the second death star till he got killed by the Emperor.

Is this who Kylo Ren wished to emulate?
>>
>>64220804
>Nobody respected Vader when he was alive

Like who? That one guy who he nearly choked the life out of? Everyone addressed him as Lord and you can see their uneasiness around him.
>>
>>64220967
>fear = respect
>>
>>64219221
I think the similarities in this plot were permissible for serving this movie's purpose a reintroductory film to get the story back on track.

This movie wasn't meant to be something remarkably unique, I think it's setting the stage for a new story to come. We can't make any judgements on the track the series is taking from this film alone.
>>
>>64220867

Movies don't need to be good to make money or be popular.
>>
STOP CALLING THE ORIGINAL STAR WARS

A NEW HOPE

IT'S A CRINGEWORTHY SUBTITLE AND I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE HONESTLY CALL IT THAT ASIDE FROM ''4'' OR ''Episode IV''
>>
>>64220989
But you're the one making it sound like everyone thought he was a pathetic nobody when he was far from it.
>>
>>64220867
>and they actually did a death star again
you forgot
>and they blow it up in the first movie again
and
>an epic confrontation between father and son on a bridge again
and
>journeying to a secluded yet surprisingly lush planet where a novice seeks the advice and training of a former Jedi master again
and
and
and?
>>
>>64220967
The rebels didn't respect Vader at all. Where could Kylo possibly have heard stories of Vaders greatness?
>>
>>64221054

He's not a pathetic nobody, but he's also not anybody important. He was openly disrespected in his own ranks and in the Rebel forces.
>>
>>64221062
It's just Lucas's poetry done right
>>
>>64220867
>jaded autist
>>
>>64221004
>Serving this movie's purpose as a reintroductory film
We're judging this movie's quality, not its marketing/target audience savvyness.

>This movie wasn't meant to be something
This means nothing and does not excuse anything.

>We can't make any judgements on the track the series is taking from this film alone.
But we are completely free to make judgements on this singular film, and many have found it lacking.
>>
>>64221067
>Where could Kylo possibly have heard stories of Vaders greatness?
Darth Vader death cult?
Let's not forget that in many people's eyes, Vader was a great general and a fearsome opponent who carried out the demands of the Emperor, who was granted his power via popular vote
>>
>First Order founded on fanaticism
>people raised from babby to be loyal and fanatical
>the leader of them is Phasma
>she's one third of the First Order's Triumverate
>leadership position, believes in the First Order
later...
>resistance attacks the coolant plant
>their whole plan relies entirely on the shields being taken down by Finn
>Finn doesn't actually know how
>they point a gun at Phason and tell her to lower the shields
>she does
ok, so a group of people who's theme is fanaticism. They're a bunch of hardline facist fanatics. Phason is one of the LEADERS of this faction.

They simply threaten to kill her, and she complies.

A person of her military caliber, and of her level of fanaticism would look Finn in the eye and say "shoot me, scum" before actualy lowering the shields.

Phason complying to lower the shields under the simple threat of death was one of the dumbest scenes in the movie. I actualy liked the movie overall, but this scene made me so annoyed. She would have told them to fuck off and kill her.

She could have ended the fight before it began, but simply dying for what she lived for. But nope, they completely broke the character.
>>
>>64221142

>In many people's eyes, Vader was a great general and a fearsome opponent who carried out the demands of the Emperor, who was granted his power via popular vote
Vader never did anything that qualifies him as a great general anywhere throughout the original trilogy. Hitler was also a fearsome opponent, do the jews love him? Never mind the fact that Kylo Ren would know the truth anyway thanls to Luke, Leia, Han and everyone else.
>>
>>64221176

It's a Star Wars movie, it doesn't have to be intelligently written!
>>
>>64221176
she shows that they are NOT loyal brainwashed soldiers

Finn as well
>>
>>64221176
>Phason complying to lower the shields under the simple threat of death was one of the dumbest scenes in the movie.
at first I thought extra shielding had gone up, which I thought would be great, but when I saw the shields were actually coming down i just shook my head
such a missed opportunity
>>
>>64221218
this is true though desu. it's not like the original ones were masterpieces or smart/creative. they're supposed to be fun. why the fuck they got this status as cultural landmarks baffles me.
>>
>>64221176
>a character doesn't want to be shot
>entire film ruined
>>
>>64221200
>Hitler was also a fearsome opponent, do the jews love him?
nobody cares about the Jews, and many other groups of people loved Hitler
but Vader wasn't Hitler - he was more like Georgy Zhukov, who was ruthless in his command but brought destruction on Germany on the Eastern Front. He was a general for a totalitarian regime but TO THIS DAY is worshiped in Russia
>>
File: 04861.gif (823 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
04861.gif
823 KB, 200x200
>GUYS THE FIRST ORDER IS BRAINWASHED

>Finn exists as a counterpoint

>NO HES SPECIAL

>Phasma exists as a second counterpoint

>B-BUT HUX SAID

the point is that hux is wrong; they may be kidnapped and indoctrinated, but are still human beings at their core

HOW DO YOU MISS THIS?
>>
>>64221334

hello simpleton
>>
>>64219221
It's sad that the prequels have had such a lasting effect on people that they think Darth Maul and General Grievous are the gold standard for Star Wars villains
>>
>>64221300
They were intelligently written, though.
>>
>>64221334
One, I said the film was fine and I liked it overall.

Second, people die for dumber things. She's one of the Triumverate. The other two were the General who talks to Tumpy, and Kylo himself. She was a big deal. In an organisation who regularly follow orders to die for the good of the First Order.

For her to comply with lowering the shields just because someone threatened to shoot her really is dumb and goes against the entire foundation of the Remnant er I mean First Order.

She's set up to be this crazy good soldier and big dog in the army, and here she is saying "ok sure, I'll let your plan to destroy my men and my army and help you along just so you dont kill me". Completely goes against the sort of character she is supposed to be.
>>
>>64221247
>>64221380
Good point. The question is, WHY are they like that? The film did a poor job of explaining that.
>>
>>64221458
Why are they individuals?

Anon...
>>
>>64221176
I was fully expecting her to refuse, it's not like they made her out to be selfish or skittish, she was one of the higher-ups.
>>
>>64221458
What I didn't get was, if Fin "broke out" of the brainwashing, and showed that he was a regular guy, why did he have no problem shooting other storm troopers? He couldn't fire before, and said "I'm not killing any innocents" or whatever the fuck. But his character is to show that stormtroopers are just regular people, how does he not see the hypocrisy in shooting what he used to be?
>>
reminder that the people arguing for TFA are kids who grew up on the prequels aged 16-20

don't bother arguing with them. once the hype dies down most of them will start to recognize what a sham TFA is
>>
>>64221549

They didn't make her out to be anything. She had no lines or personality at all. She was literally added at the last second to appease SJWs. No, I am not making that up, google her name.
>>
>>64221583
They were trying to kill him.
>>
>>64221520
They were raised by the First Order which taught them not to be individuals.
>>
>>64221616
and the rebels were trying to kill the stormtroopers at the beginning of the movie and he pussied out then
>>
>>64221610
>appease SJW
more like to sell toys, that costume is pretty cool. take your mind off of the bbc for a second.
>>
>>64221610
You're mistaken. Captain Phamsa was not added at the last second.

The character's gender was changed for the reason you stated. The character was not added. The boobs were.

The character Captain Phasma is who we're discussing.
>>
File: sq70C.gif (272 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
sq70C.gif
272 KB, 256x192
>>64221610
No, she wasn't added at the last minute. Phasma was always around, she used to be a Kylo Ren concept, then was added as a bit part.

JJ thought a female villain would be novel, so they made her a woman. Then when she became popular, they decided she'd have roles in the other films.

But yeah, they did make her a girl, not for "she's a badass because she's a girl" but "why not make her a girl?"

>>64221651
>and the rebels were trying to kill the stormtroopers

do you not see the fucking difference mate really
>>
>>64219221
The guy with the space tonfa is the new Vader.
>>
>>64221703
>do you not see the fucking difference mate really
from fin's logic about killing innocents there isn't much of one
>>
>>64219221
I went through the whole film thinking that metal storm trooper was a Droid. I'm really disappointed she isn't.
>>
>>64221776
he pussied out first because of his dead comrade, THEN pussed out about slaughtering the innocents
>>
>>64221881
>wow, this random dead stormtrooper really makes me consider the gravity of war
>better murder another hundred of them
>>
>>64221616
>break out a prisoner
>steal a tie fighter
>stormtroopers try to stop you
>kill a couple dozen
>"it was self defense"

it's not fucking self defense if you initiate the fight you fucking moron
>>
>>64221176
Phasma in general was wasted potential.
>>
>>64221956
>>64221906
he's a craven and a coward, I'm not disagreeing
>>
File: finn-funn.jpg (59 KB, 450x800) Image search: [Google]
finn-funn.jpg
59 KB, 450x800
>>64219663
kek fin is the fucking school shooter
>spend entire life in school with peers
>everything you have ever done has been with these people
>best times worst times
>more worst times than best times
decide after first battle to leave
>before leaving decide to slaughter as many as you need to
>showing no remorse
>go on to live normally
>his new "friends" just accept this

i dont know how more normies arent at least a little bugged by this, especially considering that we know his platoon was made up of real people like him rather than clones.
>>
>>64222076

Why would anyone be surprised at a chimp-out? The last few years have taught us to accept these as normal.
>>
>>64221176
>>64221991
Phasma was absolutely worthless in the movie, yes, and it was stupid that she complied so willingly with fucking her entire faction over. How did she become a captain again?

What little character she did get seemed to imply that she was staunchly loyal, shown when she told Hux that it was Finn's "first offense" and how she told him to put his helmet back on and report to her division and submit his blaster. That seems to say she's all about maintaining control and order in her subordinates.

But then the shield lowering thing happened and the "le trash compactor so funny XDD" shit happened and totally ruined her character. Maybe she'll show up in the next movie with a grudge against Finn like Kylo will have for Rey.

But then it'd be stupid to think the First Order would just accept Phasma back after she completely fucked over the base. At best she'd get executed after a court marshaling. I'm sure they'll write some retarded reason in, but she should have done something in this movie or they shouldn't have fucked her over so early.
>>
>>64222195
Phasma should have been an enemy figure for Finn. Rey already has Kylo Ren, so this way the rival dynamic would remain unmuddled, and Finn would have the perfect antithesis to fight against - a First Order warrior loyal to the point of obsession. Also, this way, we avoid Phasma from becoming Boba Fett 2.0.
>>
>>64222195
maybe she'll become some boba fett type character. she looks like a boba fett. gwendoline christie is too well known to be disposable
>>
>>64219221
Kylo in TFA is Anakin done right
In the next movie he will more like Vader
In the final movie he'll redeem himself like Anakin but live to tell the tale
>>
>>64222195
The actor and therefore the character is confirmed for VII

>>64222319
I agree. A skilled bad guy, very professional and hates Finn would be a good thing in the film. We get a taste from the guy with the melee weapon who actually beats Finn, but he gets shot. Phasma should be a recurring scary threat that Finn and crew fear. Much like boba fett in that regard. Solo shits his pants when chewie says boba is on tatooine. It should be like that.

But instead we have "sure I'l betray my faction, please don't kill me"

like damn. Come on.
>>
File: First Order 1.jpg (725 KB, 1264x1920) Image search: [Google]
First Order 1.jpg
725 KB, 1264x1920
>>64222319
Agreed. She's going to be in the next movie they say. With Finn humiliating her and Rey beating Kylo it's set up for Episode VIII to be just like Empire; Kylo will come back more angry and vengeful for Rey showing him just how weak he was, and Phasma will be gunning for Finn.

We'll just have to see how much they're copying the OT.

>>64222388
That's what she was made to be I guess. Too bad she's even more worthless. I'm hoping the First Order just doesn't know Phasma lowered the shields and she comes back to redeem herself in her own eyes. It'd be cool if she was incredibly regretful over her actions and wanted to kill Finn for humiliating her.

Honestly I just want to see her gunning down some rebel filth with the other stormtroopers. Some scenes with the First Order winning just like in Empire would 100% okay with me.
>>
>>64222388
>>64222319
thats what they were going for

obviously

cool looking baddie..
expect something cool..
at least a cool death..
well it looked cool..
>>
>>64222491

This is the Millennial Age of movies anon. Bad guys aren't allowed to be threatening or interesting. They must be fodder for the ever-quipping infallible heroes.
>>
>>64222319
This.

We also needed Finn and Rey to be more compelling characters, aka have them feel like fucking human beings, and have their character flaws trigger the things that happen in the story, not the other way around.
>>
>>64222538
It always seemed to me like the villains sold much better than the heroes. Almost everyone I ever knew liked Vader and the stormtroopers over any of the heroes.

Now that the main characters are politically correct minorities/women that might not be the case though.
>>
>>64222512
>at least a cool death
>implying she didn't escape on a tie fighter or her suit lets her live in the void and she's picked up or some shit

>Too bad she's even more worthless
impressive desu.

>I'm hoping the First Order just doesn't know Phasma lowered the shields and she comes back to redeem herself in her own eyes. It'd be cool if she was incredibly regretful over her actions and wanted to kill Finn for humiliating her.

I think this is what will happen. She'll become obsessed over Finn/pilot guy for humiliating her, get a jet pack and hunt them.
>>
>>64222442
>The actor and therefore the character

You don't know that. Since she was masked the whole time it could easily be a completely separate character and they only got her as Phasma for convenience.
>>
>Kylo Ren not threatening
Bitch pls, you were pooping your pants until he took off his mask and you realized he's just a human like everyone else. I guess he needs to be a half cyborg freak for you to start pooping your pants again.
>>
>>64219663
This
>>
>>64222810

Kylo Ren did nothing threatening the entire movie except at the very beginning.
>>
>>64222764
>>
>>64222901
>Some nerd edited Wookieepedia to say she'll be in the movie that's still a year and a half away

I'm not doubting she'll be in it but still.
>>
>>64220558

I don't get it, why be a tripfag when you sound like a retard? At least if you were an anon you could pretend it was someone else instead of...this
>>
>doing a shitty job at introducing the characters which are supposed to be the groundwork for 4 more movies
>it's okay u guise because it's the first part of the story :^))))
>>
>>64219743
This guy is right. Adam Driver looks like a bitch.
>>
>>64223344

I'm waiting for someone to explain why anyone watches that weird looking kike.
>>
>>64222442
Disregarding this whole 'traitor' meme bullshit, why didn't Phasma take the melee dude's place as the attacking figure? What position does a random stormtrooper have to beat Finn into submission besides getting blasted by the bowcaster at the end? We know that the bowcaster can be nonfatal sometimes, as proven with Chewie shooting Ren, and even then Phasma has strong shiny MacGuffin armor, so her surviving wouldn't be out of the question either.
>>
>>64224704
Because there are already too many superpowered women in the movie.
You need at least one woman who is incompetent.
>>
File: 20151229_155149JPG.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151229_155149JPG.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
It doesn't matter as long as the character itself is well-written and doesn't come off as 'hurr grrl power'.

See pic, which is textbook on how NOT to handle female characters.
>>
>>64224813
>>64225026
forgot to quote
>>
>>64219731
Underrated bait right here. Sad you got no replies
>>
File: JEAACK.png (234 KB, 840x708) Image search: [Google]
JEAACK.png
234 KB, 840x708
>>64224704
Because the secret plan was to pretend they wanted Phasma to be the new Boba Fett when they were actually planning to put TR8-T0R in the spotlight. Lowered expectations, surprise, etc.
>>
>>64219846
You have seen all the movies.....
Right?
>>
>>64221380

why doesn't the empire and the first order use other species other than human in their ranks?
>>
>>64221458
Because they're not using clones. Kylo Ren and Hux have an exchange about it. Also, it's a kid's movie so no one really gives a shit.
>>
>>64225026
>TURN OFF THE SHIELDS
>OK

Some hardened true believer.
>>
She's an infantry commander, not a general.

Hell her rank isn't even general, it's captain.
>>
>>64225026

Captain Phasma spends half the movie as a hostage. How is she supposed to be badass again?
>>
there is something about the dying guy touching the sruviving guy's face. Both the Finn's mate on the beginning of te movie and Solo do this, but it has different impacts on the touched
>>
>>64221380

Stormtroopers as jannissaries concept was interesting, but not explored in depth and Finn's conscientious desertion felt sudden and underdeveloped as an idea

Then again it's a JJ Abrams film, so moving the action along is more important than exploring what characters are thinking. This is why his TV shows like Alias, Lost, Fringe, and Person of Interest all suck though.
>>
>>64229163
I wanted Finn to be more soldierly. He just looked like the usual black guy saying SHIEEET and not even knowing why he was in the military.
>>
>>64229257

What do you mean "soldierly"? Like the Hollywood stereotype image of soldierly where he's all gung ho manly fighter guy? Or more realistic "ordinary person in the profession of arms"?
>>
>>64219921
>this scene
>good
is this the audience of today. Tis was horribly written. I am driven apart daddy!
no shit? Thats something you imply first and not spit out at the first opportunity. Horribly, horribly written.
>>
>>64219221
disney took the whole "into the trash it goes" to heart
>>
>>64229257
He was literally a janitor.
>>
>>64225026

>The anonymity provided by their armour concealed the fact that both men and women served the Galactic Empire as stormtroopers

Is this the real reason why the stormtroopers had such terrible aim?
>>
>>64219221
It really feels like it was supposed to be her confronting Finn with the melee weapon thing, but Disney thought that you could probably get away with making that guy just some semi-generic stormtrooper, sellling twice the figurines
Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.