[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay first of all, I did enjoy this movie. That being said,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (3 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 1536x2048
Okay first of all, I did enjoy this movie.

That being said, it was basically a western version of Reservoir Dogs. I just hope he hasn't run out of ideas.
>>
>>64212389
>I just hope he hasn't run out of ideas.

This... This is bait, right???
>>
>>64212389
I think the point is that it is an amalgamation of all of his films.
>>
>>64212460
I only saw similarities with reservoir dogs.
>mostly takes place in one building
>characters aren't who they say they are
>Tim Roth gets shot in stomach
>ends badly for all characters
>>
>>64212389
It also has similarities with the thing (besides starring Kurt russel)
>>
>>64212389

It was nothing like RD except that there was a gang with Michael Madsen and Tim Roth in it.
>>
>>64212389
Somebody explain why the sheriff had zero reaction against the negro for murdering his revered former superior.
>>
>people believing he's actually stopping
>>
Its a western version of The Thing
>>
>>64212658
Are you serious? Did you watch either one? Tarantino even admitted it. I love him as much as the next guy, but c'mon.
>>
>>64212703
True, didn't even realize that until you said it.
>>
>>64212903
Fucking really? How could you have not realized that?
>>
>>64212939
I snuck nips into the theater and was wasted by the time that happened.
>>
>>64213012
Motherfucker. I want a real human bean who was conscious the entire time to try and rationalize this shit. Its the lynch pin of the movie.
>>
>>64212745
OP here, didn't say he was stopping. I'm just afraid he's rehashing old ideas. Still a great film, but I want him to change up his style a little bit.
>>
>>64213049
Don't judge me, asshole I like to drink at the movies I'm an alcoholic film fanatic get over it.
>>
>>64212658
> there was a gang with Michael Madsen and Tim Roth in it.
They weren't in a gang in RD they were isolated characters who didn't know each other until the robbery planning. Check yourself, fool.
>>
>>64213201
Sounds pretty fun actually.
>>
>>64212703
Wasn't his former superior, technically. And he had no time to do anything about it because Kurt russel got poisoned and shit went down.
>>
>>64213462
It was. Saw Star Wars the same way.
>>
>>64213505
Yes he did, there was an intervening conversation off-screen that tarantino narrates over to accelerate towards the revelation of the coffee being poisoned, and never once in the movie after the general is killed does the sheriff display any animosity towards the major whatsoever. He should have hated that nigger. His decision making makes no sense at all.
>>
>>64212703
The narrator said they were debating the legality of it.
And he acted technically in self defense.even the sheriff knew the white guy was gonna try to shoot him and get killed..he even said it
>>
>>64212389

As long as other films exist for him to continue steaking from, he'll be okay.
>>
>>64212850

Cite where Tarantino "admitted it".

Yes I've seen both. Reservoir Dogs is overrated shit. The Hateful Eight is the work of a mature auteur.
>>
>>64213564
Yeah but none of that explains his behavior later on a human level. He should have genuinely hated the major for baiting the general like that, and he doesn't seem conflicted about letting the major live at all.
>>
>>64213345

They were isolated characters who formed a gang to commit a robbery.
>>
>>64212703

He warned the old cracker several times.

SLJ acted in total self-defense and within the law.

The young cracker wasn't even Sheriff yet.
>>
>>64213555
Ahh, I see you are just a racist who couldn't get over the fact that a confederate soldier teams up with a black in the end.
>>
>>64212389
>it was basically a western version of Reservoir Dogs
You suck so much you can't even comprehend.
>>
>>64213653
What kind of response is this? I'm asking how the behavior of the man meant to be sheriff in red rock makes any sense given his personality and what you would expect his feelings on a nigga like the Major to be.
>>
>>64213666
Lol wut. This isn't a reply. The confederate soldier is a racist, who considers blacks to be niggers, and this particular nigger just killed somebody he reveres. Can you give a straight answer or not?
>>
>>64213698

I think it was pretty clear that he upheld the new law to a pretty high esteem, which is why he agreed to be a lawdog in the first place.
>>
>>64213586
OP here, don't mind at all that he steals from other films, just don't want him to steal from his own anymore.
>>
>>64213733

He revered the old cracker until the old cracker committed attempted murder and was shot down in self-defense, as is the American way.
>>
>>64213739
It wasn't clear to me, but I'd really like an explanation. Where is it demonstrated that he has a respect for the 'new law', and why wouldn't his interpretation of the law make Jackson a murderer? If there was any sort of argument about the legality of killing the general you have to imagine that he would be on the side of labeling it a criminal act.
>>
>>64212594
In RD, all are who they aren't allowed to say anything. Only one character is a cop.

In RD, Mr. Pink gets away unscathed.

And RD>>>>>>>>>all other Tarantino movies
>>
>>64213668
And you suck Quentin's dick no matter what he does. Face the reality, bitch.
>>
>>64212389
Me and my wife's boyfriend marathoned about half of it before turning it off, boring desu
>>
>>64213831
Actually, Mr. Pink does not get away unscathed. You can hear cops arresting him in the audio after he gets out. Tarantino has reinforced this. Please check your facts if you are going to post.
>>
>>64213899
Shut up retard, stop posting this in every thread. It won't become a meme. Just stop it.
>>
>>64213798

Well for starters I think you're forgetting that he agreed to ride into the haberdashery with a nigger in the first place.

His respect for the new law, i.e. the new all encompassing power of the Federal government, is exemplified by his agreement to take a post up as a law enforcement officer.

Then you have the revelation that the old cracker wasn't as noble as the young cracker initially thought, with his executing Union NPOWs (nigger-prisoner of war).

Then you have the repeated warning from the young cracker soon-to-be-Sheriff of Red Rock to the old cracker that he was trying to bait him.

All of this together made it pretty clear to me. Sorry you missed out on that and were bothered by the remainder of the story.
>>
>>64213936
Aka he doesn't die.
>>
>>64213936

>Tarantino has reinforced this

cite that shit, nigger
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 598x448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 598x448
>>64213595
Check the IMDb trivia on hateful 8. Tarantino said he was influence by the thing and reservoir dogs. Then punch yourself in the nuts.
>>
>>64214029
>Check the IMDb trivia on hateful 8.

Cite something specific with a link, nigger.
>>
>>64213974
I wasn't butt bothered by the idea of a dixie man siding with a black bounty hunter, I am saying that there was no emotional pay off to make me believe his siding with him. Please tell me who you think was arguing against the legality of the shooting in their off-screen debate.
>>
>>64214029

>influenced by

k.
>>
>>64214087

there was no argument about the legality of the shooting. that's why it was clear that respect for the law was quite high for everyone except the outlaws in the room.
>>
>>64213733
You have been given plenty of straight answers, you just can't accept them. Cry about it.
>>
>>64212389
I feel like Hateful Eight was like a tribute to all his movies, a Tarantino to Tarantino if you will
>>
>>64214123
>there was no argument about the legality of the shooting

lmao yes there was, tarantino explicitly states that it happened off-screen
>>64214173
Keep missing the point on purpose idgaf
>>
>>64214183

And I will.
>>
>>64214207

I don't know what else to tell you. I think you are being purposefully obtuse and may be on an illicit stimulant.
>>
>>64214274
Is this some new form of projection?

>Why did the sheriff come around to seeing Samuel L Jackson's side of things during the off-screen events of the intermission?

Still needs an answer.
>>
>>64213998
> ends badly for all characters
Never said all characters die, stupid. Can you read?
>>
>>64214055
Do I have to do it all for you, little baby? Or are you just too afraid to read the trivia because you know I'm right?
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 494x358) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 494x358
>>64214309
>>
>>64214523
lol a star wars image macro, the last refuge of an abject shillposter.
>>
one thing I was wondering was why didnt Daisy go for Joe Gage's gun instead of struggling to go for Mannix's and it looked like he was still crawling around in the end, or was that Hicox?
>>
>>64212703
I saw it. I saw it and I loved it, just like I loved everything else he's ever made (except Four Rooms.) I even somewhat enjoyed Death Proof.

Does this make you mad? Are you mad? Are you mad, widdle contwawian babbies? HE gets to make whatever the fuck he WANTS every few years, HE lives the DREAM and you... ohhhh, you must be mad. You must be so mad with your contwawianisms and your memes and your "uno farto all of a suddahhhh" and your "what's going on here?" coffee pictures and oh, don't forget the gifs and webms! One mustn't forget those! One is never truly memary if one doesn't have the animations, right?

I almost forgot the "warm black dingus" joke! Ha HA! Contwawibabbianism at its FINEST!

Stay mad. Stay so very MAD. Quentin gets to watch whatever he wants on an enormous screen (in 70mm!) with the finest stereo sound while he licks the feet of whatever aspiring actress wants to sell her soul to be a Hollywood starlet. What are YOU doing? Oh, that's right. You're still dreaming and sitting on your ASS. Did YOU bang Uma Thurman in her prime? Nope. Whoops! Did YOU bang Mira Sorvino in her prime? Nope. Whoops! Quentin did.

Now fuck off, contwawibabby.
>>
SUCK IT YOU RACIST FUCK
>>
>>64214087
He sided with him because everybody else in the room was in on trying to poison him. He shoots Jackson and he is all alone. Also Jackson separated him form the others and gave him a gun. The enemy of my enemies is my friend
>>
Honestly I just wanted to see more quirky australian qt six-horse judy
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 475x547) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 475x547
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 300x213) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 300x213
>>64214558
>>64215128
>>
>>64214558
> shillposter
Kek
>>
File: bros.jpg (59 KB, 727x479) Image search: [Google]
bros.jpg
59 KB, 727x479
better bromance than finn and poe
>>
ANSWER ME THIS!

Where the fuck did they get that noose in the end and how the fucking fuck did they have the strength to pull it up when both of them were near passing out and immobile from their wounds?
>>
>>64214708
> implying uma Thurman had a prime
>>
>>64215362
1.there was all sorts of stuff in the cabin, no surprise they found a rope

2.adrenaline?
>>
>>64214309
>he was going to drink the poison and they didn't say anything
>he didn't believe her
>he didn't have respect for her
>Russell's character took a bullet for him

All of which are explained clearly in the movie.
>>
>>64215538
yo that isn't an answer to the question in the post you replied to my nigga, that is a series of unrelated points.
>>
>>64215574
My post explains why the sheriff took Samuel L. Jackson's side.
>>
>>64215462
The sheriff literally passed out at one point and SLJ was bedridden and in severe pain if he moved a muscle. You are telling me they were able to tie a perfect noose and pull up a human being in that state? Daisy was the best character and should have lived ftw
>>
>>64214309

The guy is dead already and died because SLJ baited him-- if the sheriff cared that much, he would've interviened during the baiting so it was obvious that he didn't care as much as we thought.
So his death was technically justified as SLJ was using it in self-defense and the sheriff is a man of the law that should be impartial in his judgement.

Why do you think they made a big deal about justice vs. emotional murder when hanging someone ?
>>
>>64212389
WARM
>>
>>64215574
You're 14 years old, aren't you? How did you get to see the film? Its rated R
>>
>>64215659
No it explains why he wouldn't want to take domergue's side, which is a negative argument.

>>64215803
What do you think about Jackson shooting the domergue brother in the back of the head after he was disarmed? The argument that the sheriff's righteous lawfulness precluded him from attacking Jackson fails because of that.
>>
>>64215362
This is the one part you are questioning?
>>
>>64215894

There are only two sides.

Also, SLJ had him up against the wall with a gun pointed at him.
>>
>>64215848
BLACK
>>
>>64215935
I'm talking obviously about when he has the power to kill Jackson and either take up domergue or kill her for justice's sake.

There is a third option you are ignoring.
>>
>>64215894
Well he shot SLJ dick off and gave him lethal injuries so it's still justified to shoot the brother because of this. He would've been hanged anyway.
>>
>>64215362

A haberdashery has all sorts of things.

Like a length of rope.

The thing a noose is constructed from.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 852x480
>>64215075
Lee: [to Zoë] I'm sorry, but what is "home"? Is that Australia, right?
Zoë: [seemingly offended] What do you mean by that, mate?
Abernathy: Zoë's from New Zealand. And you never, I repeat, NEVER, call a Kiwi an Aussie.
Kim: Not unless you wanna get your ass kicked.
Lee: I'm so sorry, I really am.
Zoë: [Abby, Zoë and Kim laugh] We're just taking the piss out of you, mate!
>>
>>64215960
Why would a cop ever cooperate with a gang? Never. That would be a crooked cop and he has never shown that type of deviance.

SLJ may have some evils to him but most of them are from self defense or for his job as a bounty hunter.
>>
>>64215960
>I'm talking obviously about when he has the power to kill Jackson and either take up domergue or kill her for justice's sake.

That was after he had been given authority by the man in charge at the time.

It's like that social experiment where they have kids in class be either prisoners or guards.
>>
>>64215960

You're talking about the lengthily exposed dilemma in which he struggled with the very question you are asking and he eventually came to the conclusion that the diabolical bitch was dying?
>>
>>64215075
>>64216029
OP here. You are clearly not a true Tarantino fan and shouldn't be posting in this thread. Please get out.
>>
>>64215999

It's like Poetry.
>>
>>64216079
Like I said, he could conclude she is lying, kill her, and kill jackson for personal reasons + the literal crimes he committed.

It is not resolved how he ends up deciding that Jackson Literally Did Nothing Wrong.

>>64216042
That sounds interesting, but I don't know what experiment you're talking about. You don't mean the milgrim experiment do you?
>>
>>64215941

DINGUS
>>
Anyone complaining about the sheriff's reaction to the general getting killed has forgotten how the sheriff straight takes the officers coat off his body and puts it on while the body is still warm.

He cares a whole lot less about the war than he let's on.
>>
>>64216355

Jackson didn't commit any crimes.

And again, young cracker was a lawdog.

I'm talking about the social experiment where they take a group of people and assign them as prisoner and guard, then reverse roles, and note the personality changes.

You can see this when the young cracker's attitude changes from being a prisoner up against the wall to on SLJ's side holding a gun.
>>
>>64212703
He kept yelling to the old fart not to pick up the gun. By the time he did so, even if the Major provoked him in doing so, nobody could do anything since it was self-defense.
>>
>>64215848
>>64215941
>>64216429
Haha good one guys, I thought you wouldn't be able to pull it together, but you did.
>>
>>64216456
Yeah his actions seem confused. I'm not saying Tarantino didn't do this shit on purpose, but I genuinely don't understand what the purpose is. People are just trying to rationalize shit and pretend that there isn't a conflicting portrayal going on for whatever reason.

In the first half of the movie, its implied that he is unreconstructed and has a veneer of respecting the new ways. In the latter half, its implied that the unreconstructed attitude is the veneer. I want a justification for that flip.
>>
>>64216456

The war was over.

The blizzard was not.
>>
it was okay until he had to do a 15 minute long thing about black dingus.
>>
>>64216577

He had a near-death experience.
>>
>>64216653
The dingus part wasn't half as bad as people say it.
In fact it added a bit of controversy whether the major was a liar or if he indeed made the guy suck his cock.
The worst shit was tarantino's voice by far.
Why didn't anyone from the production team tell him to think about adding that shit to the movie a second time? His hitchcockian cameos end up being shit again and again.
>>
>>64216700
lmao best answer i've gotten so far. That might just be it :(
>>
>>64216779
It's his movie. He can do what he wants. I'm sure someone said something but Tarantino is autistic. Do you know how hard it is to say no to someone with autism, let alone them to accept it?
>>
How you enjoyed a pos like that is beyond me
>>
>>64217438
Enlighten us with your favorite kino. Is Bergman second rate? Plz respond.
>>
>>64212389
Why is the poster a light saber?
>>
>>64216779

I agree.

Actually I kind of liked his voice. At first I thought it was that pussy perkwood on MSNBC. . . whats his name? Chris Hayes.

His voice was so different and not from that era it took you our of the movie. It was a nice juxtaposition. You stood up and listened to what he was saying. It was very jarring and new, but I liked it. It was like this was a story being told over a campfire about something that happened long ago, and that narration just reinforced that feeling for me. It gave it more of an authenticity to what we were seeing. It wasn't something that was happening now, but something being told to us in a carefully crafted way that happened a long time ago, in a distant place.

Just my thoughts on it. Would be interesting to hear what Tarantino says why he did it.
>>
>>64217722

Because you didn't take your autism medicine this morning.
>>
>>64217438
He's obviously a homosexual black man who lusts for white mouth
>>
>>64212703

self-defense, did you pay attention to the voice over retard sama?
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.