[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the Jedi have these retarded sleeves? Why not wear something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: aotcpromo39[1].jpg (20 KB, 356x500) Image search: [Google]
aotcpromo39[1].jpg
20 KB, 356x500
Why did the Jedi have these retarded sleeves? Why not wear something practical instead?
>>
Because George Lucas is retarded.
>>
>>64210541
Because, while Robes lack in defense points, they gives +8 to dexterity.
>>
Obi stripped every time.
>>
because he wanted it to appear like some kind of religious robe
>>
Sometimes they threw them off, but I wonder how often they cut their robes.
>>
Because some places are cold, and some are not.

When you spend time frequenting either you look for a middle ground solution.
>>
>not using the force to make your long, flowey, useless robe appear to fly about in the wind
>>
bet those robes are comfy as fuck
>>
>>64210629
The only answer
>>
>>64210541

because they're for moisture farmers on tatooine and not jedi knights but lucas finds it impossible to comprehend his own creation
>>
didn't they take them off before a fight?

i haven't seen the prequels in a while but i distinctly remember obi wan derobing before his fight with anakin
>>
>>64210761
this
>>
I figured he wanted them to look like samurai monks.
>>
>>64210541
Because George decided all Jedis are desert hermits like Obi-Wan.
>>
>>64210541
If you don't realize star wars harbors Japanese samurai and christian archetypes by now, you will never realize it.
>>
File: 1430831591083.png (2 MB, 921x873) Image search: [Google]
1430831591083.png
2 MB, 921x873
Well Aayla Secura wore a sports bra. That's practicle.
>>
>windu kicked sheev's ass with the robes on
nigga would have gone all motherfucker if he fought without them, not even anakin could have stop him
>>
>>64210761
>Now let me tell you how you actually meant it
Hi redit. Also Yoda wore those jedi robes too
>>
>>64211078
Wait a minute now, what if Sheev fought without his robes on???
>>
>>64211276
That Bill Belichick looking mother fucker would never take his robe off, it'd ruin the utter Sheevness that he's got going on.
>>
>>64210541
You Redditors are obsessed with things being practical
>>
File: 1450483172244.gif (75 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
1450483172244.gif
75 KB, 180x180
Looks cool though
>>
File: 1338393650668.jpg (74 KB, 246x304) Image search: [Google]
1338393650668.jpg
74 KB, 246x304
>>64210639

lol, I read this like, what the fuck are they on about, and then I pictured Ewan MacGregor taking off his robes before a fight and he totally fucking does that

mes côtés
>>
File: Yoda - Dagobah -1.jpg (205 KB, 440x592) Image search: [Google]
Yoda - Dagobah -1.jpg
205 KB, 440x592
>>64211206

GOOD POINT

I do think they were just all-purpose peasant clothes in Lucas's head that he appropriated for the Jedi, which is fitting because they would have a vow of poverty or something.
>>
Why does everyone here assume there's a mistake in a multi-million dollar Hollywood script that has been reviewed and edited numerous times before they assume that their interpretation of the script is wrong? Whenever I think I've found a mistake in something that has been painstakingly created, I first exhaust the possibility that I actually made a mistake in my assessment of it. Are the majority of you really too stupid to think coherently?
>>
>>64211806
That's a very mature way to view it, actually. Kudos, anon.
>>
It's like a mix between a monk robe and samurai clothing.
>>
>>64211806
Pretty much this. There's literally nothing wrong with the prequels or any movie ever produced for that matter.
>>
>>64210541
Because they're space wizards and they need wizard sleeves.
Your mom's cunt is a wizard sleeve, btw.
>>
>>64211806

I'll bet you take it up the fucking ass you fucking worm.
>>
>>64211806
Because I own posters and collect action figures.

Clearly I know more than all of those guys together about Star Wars stuff. If only they would buy my fanfiction and make movies out of it already.
>>
>>64212277
If only their robes were purple with little stars and moons all over them.
>>
>>64212277
>wizard sleeve

Is that how you call your oneahole?
>>
>>64210664
>looking for a middle ground solution
>not the high ground solution
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.