[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Revenant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: revenant.png (851 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
revenant.png
851 KB, 1200x675
So I just got around to watch this, and I must say that I liked it a lot. The cinematography, the soundtrack and overall feel of the movie. What did you think, /tv/?
>>
boring and formulaitic
>>
>>64208364
I read the 2010 script a few weeks ago and it was GOAT, but I didn't see the need to include the attacking Indian tribe as an antagonist because they added nothing to the suspense. It was clear that Leo's injuries and environment were more than enough to keep him on edge. I wonder how they dealt with that in the movie.
>>
F L O O F
L
O
O
F
>>
>>64208509
I agree, that was unnecessary. But we did get that scene with Leo sleeping inside the horse. Also, the mauling scene was pretty brutal
>>
Thought it was good, if a little predictable.

The bear scene was fucking incredible.
>>
its an oscar whore film. It plot is boreing and bland, most of the scene were made for shock value rather than adding to the story. the only good scene is when he is mauled by the bear
>>
the red head captain guy ruined the movie

that actor sucks dick
>>
>>64208364
Much better than cuck wars so /tv/ wont discuss it.
>>
File: Jeremiah 00123456.gif (444 KB, 500x199) Image search: [Google]
Jeremiah 00123456.gif
444 KB, 500x199
>>64208364
>What did you think, /tv/?

I thought the movie was pretty boring and at 2hrs, needlessly long, most of which
is wasted on DiCaprio endlessly crawling and stumbling across the countryside.

The cinematography is nice but the bleak winter setting only made the movie
even more boring, as everything is white snow or grey rocks. They should have
set it in the autumn to give the viewers something to look at.

If anybody gets an award out of this flick, it’ll be Tom Hardy and not DiCaprio.

The flash-back / dream sequences of DiCaprio’s Indian wife were unnecessary
filler to pad out an already too long movie.

And what was up with the Missing Indian Girl?

Her tribe searching for her is a critical part of the movie but no explanation is presented
for how she ended up missing in the first place or why the Indians thought it was the
American trappers who took her and not the French trappers, who somehow ended
up with her (which is also left unexplained)?

And the ending also made no sense; DiCaprio beats up Tom Hardy and is about to kill
him when the Indians show up, (with Missing Indian Girl) so DiCaprio lets the Indians
kill Tom Hardy instead. Why?

“Jeremiah Johnson” and “A Man Called Horse” are much better wilderness movies.
>>
>>64208364
moty
>>
>>64208769
>But we did get that scene with Leo sleeping inside the horse.
That part reminded me of Seraphim Falls, but wisely used in a different way.

>Also, the mauling scene was pretty brutal
Someone recently posted the bear attack webm but it seemed so underwhelming compared to the writing, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 1401x722) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 1401x722
>>64208364
I loved it
Its 2 hours 30 minutes that just flies by.
I saw the screener twice and can't wait to see it in theaters.
It also has the best fight scene I have seen all year.
>>
>>64209370
I, for one, thoroughly enjoy looking a bleak winter landscapes. But yeah, I see your point(s), I guess. However, Leo didn't kill Hardy because of some indian said earlier that "revenge is in the hands of the creator" or something like that.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.