[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was the Prophecy talking about Anakin, Luke, or Ben?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: you-were-the-chosen-one.jpg (100 KB, 498x270) Image search: [Google]
you-were-the-chosen-one.jpg
100 KB, 498x270
Was the Prophecy talking about Anakin, Luke, or Ben?
>>
>>64202760
Anakin. It took 3 episodes later in the Return of the Jedi for Anakin to bring the balance back to the Force. Anakin's son, Luke, was his redeemer.
>>
Anakin. When he killed the emperor, the two remaining force users were Vader and Luke, and both understood that there must be balance, and that neither side can win.

The Jedi are just as bad as the Sith.
>>
>>64202850
>Anakin. It took 3 episodes later in the Return of the Jedi for Anakin to bring the balance back to the Force.'

And yet the Sith are back in The Force Awakens.
>>
Anakin.

He balanced the Force users out to two remaining Sith and two remaining Jedi by the end of the 3rd movie.

The prophecy never said it was inherently favorable of the Jedi.
>>
>>64202760
yeah 7 really brought back in doubt about the whole prophecy thing didn't it
>>
>>64202760
Rey, she's the culmination of Obi Wan, Anakin and Luke.
>>
reminder that grey jedis wererl the bedt
reminder that qui gon is the goat

reminder that lucas is a cunt who hates balance and can only think in light and dark
>>
>>64202882
Yeah, fucking retarded, isn't it?

How convenient for Disney? ;)
>>
>>64202982
Rey isn't a Skywalker, though.
>>
>>64202982

Please leave fanfic out of canon discussion threads, thanks
>>
>>64203002
were the best *
>>
>implying that the "prophecy" wasn't just a crock of shit that the Sith whipped up to play the Jedi into their hands
>>
>>64202882
>Sith
Snoke and Kylo are not Sith
>>
>>64202882
They're not the Sith, technically.

>>64202886
And that's not what the prophecy originally meant. In Lucas' movies there was no such thing as a light side, the EU made that up. There was only the Force. The dark side was an unnatural abomination that had to be destroyed. Obviously Disney changed that.
>>
The whole concept of a "chosen one" ruined the prequels. It's because of this concept and the over focus on Anakin (in addition to the poor dialogue, writing, and over reliance on "fixing it in post") that causes the tunnel vision that these movies have instead of focusing on the larger, more important story of the fall of the republic and rise of the empire.

The rest of its problems were fixable but this chosen one idea was fundamentally wrong.
>>
>>64202760
>I will finish what you started
It's Ben.
>>
>>64203336
There have been references to a chosen one all the way back in the time of the OT, although they were talking about Luke, not Anakin. So it's not a new idea.
>>
File: WeaponThe.jpg (55 KB, 800x484) Image search: [Google]
WeaponThe.jpg
55 KB, 800x484
>>64202760

it was talking about THE WEAPON!
>>
>>64203336
I agree. Honestly the first two movies should have been about Qui-Gon-Jin and Obi Wan with Anakin not appearing at all until 3 or right at the end of 2
>>
Anakin. Balance in the force means removing the sith who bring disharmony. That happened when he killed sheev and was redeemed, not when he killed all the kids and sheev ordered the clones to kill all the force users
>>
>>64202860
quit making up stuff
>>
>>64202886
Word of George is that Anakin brought balance by destroying the Sith

>>64202882
>>64202923
Prophecy didn't say the balance would last forever

Just to be clear, I think the idea of the Force prophecy is stupid.
>>
>>64203002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z29OVZLbZk
>>
>>64203734
would be sweet if the new trilogy references how pointless the stupid prophecy was, would be fitting for a new generation to disregard the past generation's "mystical prediction" just like how we cast aside religion. Despite the saint undertones TFA had, ehhh.
>>
The prophecy refereed to Anakin and he fulfilled it when he brought upon the end of the Jedi. The prophecy was just misinterpreted by the arrogant Jedi Order who thought it meant the destruction of the Sith. With only few jedi and few sith lefty the force was in balance.
>>
>>64202860
What, are you stupid?
>>
>>64203395
Killing every force using kid in existence. Rey is the only one not crossed off the list
>>
>>64203841

>ehhh

Imagine that in Sheev's voice after he killed Mace Windu.
>>
>>64204115
He's going to slaughter her like an animal
>>
Wait, who used midichlorians to create Anakin?
Was it Sheev or his master?
>>
>>64205307
Plaguies
>>
File: Untitled.png (838 KB, 1355x575) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
838 KB, 1355x575
>"I am more powerful than the Chancellor. I-I can throw him over a railing."
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.