[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Lightsaber Fight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (2 MB, 1500x816) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1500x816
What is the best lightsaber fight in all of Star Wars? Lots of people say Darth Maul at the end of episode 1, but it is way too choreographed and doesn't look real.
>>
>>64170956
>>
>this fantasy battle doesn't look real
>>
>>64194679
Better than the rest of the duels in the prequels.

My vote is luke vs vader in jedi. The throne room was a great setting and there is more going on than two dudes trying to defeat eachother.
>>
>>64194679

- Empire strikes back
- Phantom Menace
- Return of the Jedi

- Revenge of the Sith
- The Force Awakens
- A New Hope

- Attack of the Clones
>>
Either Luke/Vader in Jedi or Ren/Finn
>>
>>64194724
Archived.

Anyway Anakin vs Obi-Wan (PT-3) or Mace Dindu vs Sheev
>>
>>64194679
>people who can see the future and use magic powers fighting doesn't look realistic

really?
>>
>>64194765
agreed. especially when Luke starts to rage, right before he chops Vader's hand off.
>>
File: obi wan vs darth maul.webm (3 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
obi wan vs darth maul.webm
3 MB, 1280x544
>>64194679
>>
>>64194784

Swap Awakens with Force Awakens and I agree.

I know the Ben vs Vader fight is slow and boring, but that was the first lightsaber duel I saw and it has some iconography with the two of them inside the hanger doors.
>>
>>64194880
I like the scene where he is hiding under the catwalk with vader taunting him. Great dramatic lighting and visual direction.
>>
>>64194679
If anyone even mentions a prequel saber fight it's safe to ignore all their opinions about star wars.
The correct answer is RotJ.
>>
>>64194679
Luke vs. Vader on Bespin

Any other answer is wrong as fuck.
>>
>>64194947
Shut the fuck up you dirty fat neckbeard.
>>
>>64194826
As far as guys hitting each other with laser swords in space goes, TPM had the shittiest fight because it looked staged as fuck. In ROTJ or literally any other movie, the fights felt like two guys brutally trying to murder each other with sheer force, rather than dancing around like a bunch of faggots
>>
>>64194964
You can stop trying to push the "only nerds/reddit hate the prequels" meme now, we were all here two weeks ago before it started. You won't fool anyone except the newest of newfags and do you really want a /pol/ situation where new users don't know you're kidding and actually start seeing the prequels as good?
>>
Obi-Wan vs Anakin in ep 3 is clearly the best. Even if you don't like the prequels or hate Anakin you have to admit this.

Duel of Fates is second best.
>>
Luke vs Vader at the end of Return of the Jedi. It has more emotion in it than any fight in the saga, though it's way too short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RFYoZ7H67A
>>
Rey v Kylo Ren
>>
>>64195015
The only good fight in the OT is the Luke vs Vader one in ROTJ.
>>
Return of the Jedi
Empire Strikes Back
The Phantom Menace

The rest were shit. They were either slow and boring, over done and choreographed with lame ass CGI flipping and backgrounds or unmemorable and only there to have a minute marked duel.
>>
>>64195025
>darth vader surfs on a robot
>close up of robot looking around and dropping its lava bucket
It's not this example that ruins it for me, it's just an example of what's wrong with it overall. It's so ridiculous, it's a 6/10 at best.
>>
>>64195025
There was no reason for that battle to be so long. That's what I respect more about the OT, everything in the OT relied more on substance than style
>>
>>64194679
Darth Maul
>>
>>64195822
I agree that it's long but I think it actually helps in a way. It really goes above and beyond to show how hard Anakin tries to defeat him but he just can't, Obi-Wan has the moral high ground
>>
ESB > RotJ > Force Awakens > Revenge of the Sith (Anakin vs. Obi-Wan) > Phantom Menace > A New Hope > Attack of the Clones

Vader vs. Luke in ESB had the best atmosphere and its great seeing Luke get his ass handed to him in the 2spooky setting.

Return of the Jedi was a great story battle with Luke going back and forth between noble pacifist and enraged lunatic.

The Force Awakens was cool because the villain was getting his ass handed to him by a pair of amateurs after getting shot. It was a nice touch to finally have the sabers reflect light off of their surroundings and for the trees to fall down during the fight.

Anakin vs. Obi-Wan in Revenge of the Sith was the only prequel fight where the combatants had any relationship to each other. It was completely overdone but its the best if you're into flashy fight choreography.

Phantom Menace also had flashy choreography but the villain was a literal nobody.

A New Hope fight is clumsy as fuck but the fact that they didn't use stunt doubles and Alec Guinness is old and the other guy is blinded by the Vader suit makes them both do a good job of acting like the lightsaber sticks are scary and could poke an eye out even before the laser effect is added in post-production.

Attack of the Clones is the most boring and pointless fight in the whole series. The fight choreography is less impressive after all of these years and all that's left is a pointless confrontation between four characters who have no personality.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.