[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is season 2 worth a torrent? I just finished season 1 and the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: true-detective.jpg (197 KB, 1585x773) Image search: [Google]
true-detective.jpg
197 KB, 1585x773
Is season 2 worth a torrent?

I just finished season 1 and the only part that left me confused was some stuff about the Tuttle school and how it related to the case. Is season 2 related to season 1 in anyway?
>>
>>64193872
no and no
>>
>>64193926
Is it really that bad? I didn't think an anthology type show like this with very distinct characters could go bad. Literally the only thing I know about season 2 comes from vince posting.
>>
season 2 is incredibly bad
>>
>>64194001

It's watchable OP but the dialogue and story are kind of nonsensical at times.

For what it's worth I think Vince did well for what he was given.
>>
>>64194144
It started pretty weak and ended strong

I liked it
>>
I stopped after episode 4.
Didn't sting as much because I knew it was going to be shit as soon as Vince Vaughn was involved.
>>
>>64193872
season 2 is complete dogshit

bravo pizza
>>
Season 2 feels more like a complete story where as S1 is just a bunch of unoriginal shit to attract plebs
>>
>>64194001
It's one of the biggest drops in quality between seasons ever.
>>
>>64194988
>I knew it was going to be shit as soon as Vince Vaughn was involved.

I don't get why anyone likes him, desu. He has never, ever acted above mediocre levels.
>>
Season 2 is better than season 1 in a lot of ways.

Also-
Rachel. McAdams. Ass
>>
>>64195782
i don't understand this meme. no one can actually think season 2 was good, let alone better than season 1.

you might as well be calling the sky orange.
>>
Is it worth torrenting? Is this a real question?
>>
>>64197491
the only enjoyment i got out of season 2 was making fun of it here. but we had weekly threads for that very purpose. sunday night and monday morning we had multiple threads devoted to making fun of how horrible the latest td season2 episode was.

it isn't horrible. and to tell you the truth the ending is such a let down it is epic and sort of satisfactory. but it isn't nearly as enjoyable as just watching sitcom trash. if you have a brain you will see the story is convoluted. you will see that no character gets an actual story. you will immediately see frank for the phoney he is and zero in on him as the only character you care about. but then in the end the only one you like will be ray.

the story is simplistic. it has too many characters. there is deliberate holding back of plot points. the characters find out plot point in deus ex machina moments. the only person who does detective work is ray. almost none of the detective work matters. literally none of the backstory matters.

how can anyone think season 2 was good?
>>
>>64195782

Shut up Mr. Pizza
>>
File: tfw.gif (895 KB, 504x202) Image search: [Google]
tfw.gif
895 KB, 504x202
>>64195782
>Season 2 is better than season 1
Nice bait.
>>
>>64197784
>the only person who does detective work is ray
>paul is a better detective
>literally frank the gangster is a better detective

I felt it had too many leads, but anytime I try to figure who to cut back, I can't, got too attached. Ray and Frank should have been the only leads, but I was so into Paul as a character, his conflict, his ignored and implied backstory. Same goes for Ani.
>>
>>64193872
I HAD A SHOW
I DID NOT TRY
MY NAME IS PIZZA
NEVERMIND
>>
>>64197784
It after episode 3 it wasn't even fun to mock anymore

The Ray "fat pussy" stuff had serious meme potential but the rest of the season was a bore
>>
>>64193872
NO
>>
Season 2 isn't as good as the first
But still better than a lot of the shit that's on TV
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.