[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Writing a horror film for a filmmaker friend. He wants it to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (69 KB, 1198x900) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
69 KB, 1198x900
Writing a horror film for a filmmaker friend. He wants it to feature a demon. Any idea on what I themes I can explore, /tv/? I really want this one to be good.
>>
>>64187786
>horror movie
>good

Save some money and don't bother. That's my advice.
>>
Theme should come from the film itself, you can't force it or you'll just end up with a Christopher Nolan flick.
>>
>>64187786
the demon is named charles and looks like a normal guy
>the twist?
the demon is just a man for all monsters are human - so deep!
>>
How about a tall guy wearing a baggy clothes and a mask? Pretty sure that's the hip, new trend these days.
>>
>>64187786
You fucking hack, write the shit yourself.
>>
>>64187786
mental illness like depression or something. writes itself and seems deep.
>>
File: 1446444025157.jpg (16 KB, 424x424) Image search: [Google]
1446444025157.jpg
16 KB, 424x424
>asking tv for free ideas
>>
>>64187786
GO TO BE SHANE
>>
write it like the babadook and have the demon symbolize some sort of sin. or it visits peeps and kills them based on their sins, the protagonist gets redeemed just before he gets killed.

Write me a check when you get an oscar
>>
>>64187786
I'd love to see a movie that explored the theme of obsession. Perhaps you've seen the tapes that pop singer Björks stalker recorded? The chronicle his isolation and increasing madness and, and culminate with his suicide after sending a home made bomb to the object of his obsession.

What if this wasn't just a stint if madness, a medical/psychological problem but something more vicious? Maybe you could make the film feature two or three different people from different walks of life, recording as they slide down the same path of madness. Maybe it's the same demon infecting all three somehow? Make the demon only appear in the periphery, something that's always there lurking in the background.
>>
>>64187786
here's what you do, have the demon be a shadowy creature that kills the main characters one by one at a shit party have the twist be the protagonist be an insane dude who is the one actually killing his friends and mentally blaming it on some demonic entity and enjoy your shit ass generic horror movie
>>
>>64190106
I liked that movie the first time I saw it, when it was called Frailty.
>>
>>64187786
Do some research you lazy fucking degenerate faggot ass punk ass bitch ass cocksucking cuck
>kill yourself
>>
Ask /x/
>>
>>64191362
>implying modern horror is not just rehashed and re imaginations of old shit
>>
Watch the movie Necromentia, steal their ideas but write it better.

It was a really promising movie which was let down by shit dialogue. I often see myself in the future writing something similar, but I don't do horror.
>>
> A demon

why. why not anything else. tell your friend to take his Judaeo christian mythology and fuck himself. maybe, and this is out there, but have it be a spooky monster, and it has nothing to do with heaven or hell or a devil with a pitch fork, red skin and a beard.

I am so fucking tired of demons being the go to monster in a horror movie because Christians stupidly think they're "real"
>>
>>64187786

Make it a metaphor for toxic masculinity.

>Main character is a beta cuck
>Gets possessed
>Evil spirit turns him into a hyper-masculine alpha
>He likes feeling powerful but everything he has to do to keep the monster happy is destroying him and everyone around him

95% on Rotten Tomatoes guaranteed
>>
>>64191514

Then make it a Jinn and play to the islamic fear of them

Or pick some Jewish demon Im unsure what they call them though or what they do
>>
>>64191514
Every culture in history has had some form of demon you uneducated swine.
>>
I've struggled with demonic oppression for fifteen years.

All the ideas in this thread are garbage.

Are you Christian? If not, you'll have no protection at all, so drop this project. Don't trifle with things you have no hope of understanding. Even if you are a Christian I'd suggest working on something else.

If you are a Christian, ask a Catholic or Orthodox priest about protective measures.

Here's a tip. Do your research. Don't just watch possession movies. You should get ideas from the literature.
>>
>>64191588

I don;t see many Jinn movies, or movies about other culture's demons coming to america to fuck with all the hipsters.

Nope, it always a jesus demon, makes you talk deep, posses you and then you do a crab walk, maybe you see it in a mirror and it looks red a freaky before screaming at you to startle you....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
Here's a twist for you:

[%]The demon is real despite showing throughout that it clearly isn't and is just part of this guy's guilt or whatever. It's real and the protagonist has no control over it.[/%]
>>
File: GOAT demon coming out.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GOAT demon coming out.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>64191514
that's the most autistic thing i've read on this shitheap today
>>
>>64191701
Read a book sometime kid.
>>
>>64191776

its true though, zombies and demons, done to death. Constantly reused because the western world is 80% christian and are taught when they are sucking their thumb that the debil will get them if they talk back to mom and dad.
>>
File: Jinn-Movie-Poster[1].jpg (310 KB, 1080x1600) Image search: [Google]
Jinn-Movie-Poster[1].jpg
310 KB, 1080x1600
>>64191701
The Exorcist was about a Sumerian demon (just like The Evil Dead). The idea of demons is pretty universal and hasn't changed at all since ancient times.

Jinn in Islam are basically just angels/demons. The difference is that Muslims say angels have no free will and so are all good, and jinn have free will and some are good and some are bad.

They've also already done a movie about Jewish dybbuks.
>>
>>64191842

watch a movie sometime idiot. they're all over the place, old hat. tired, try something else other then "this isn't any old spooky monster under your bed dude, it's a Demon! From the Bible! that means its REALLY SPOOKY!
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.