[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11
File: images.jpg (35 KB, 308x477) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
35 KB, 308x477
Im about to watch this, what im getting into ?
>>
A big movie
>>
>>64177997
feminist propaganda
>>
>>64177997
Three words; hella fucking epic
>>
people drive a car and shoot people with an ak
>>
>>64177997
it's actually bretty gud but the
>muh girl power
is a bit overdone.

It isn't that the girls have plot armor it's just that they focus a bit more than I'd like on the "struggles" of the poor poor womyn.

Solid action movie though, got to give it that. Damn solid action movie.
>>
You're about to watch the best movie of 2015, OP
>>
>>64178121
>Solid action movie though, got to give it that. Damn solid action movie.
There is an acion scene in the movie that you're going to wish they hadn't cut to focus on the girls but they did.

They did cut it.

It sounded really cool and badass though.
>>
File: unnamed (1).jpg (18 KB, 240x360) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
18 KB, 240x360
>>64178150
My favorite movie of the year is John wick, will this surpassed it?
>>
>>64178265
I enjoyed them both but thought Mad Max was a much better movie, but everyone's different.
>>
overrated action flick
>>
>>64177997
fun action movie with some lukewarm feminist overtones.

if you get triggered by its politics, you should rethink your life.
>>
>>64178456
Tell me a film that has better action scenes.
>>
File: Charlize Theron 5.jpg (129 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
Charlize Theron 5.jpg
129 KB, 1280x853
>>64177997

A very enjoyable 7/10 popcorn action flick that retards overpraise due to it's strong practical effects and Muh Cinematography.
>>
>>64178512
anon just posted john wick
>>
>>64177997
It's a film for big guys, only manlets hate it
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 475x403) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 475x403
SJW Max:Equality Road
>>
Next to the definition of "epic" is this films cover.
>>
Best 2hr car chase ever made.

Bonus: Beautiful cinematography.
>>
Solid action movie, fun and stylistic.

Internet reactionaries hate it because it's vaguely feminist, which is unacceptable apparently.
>>
other than the car chases and Nux, i don't really care that much
>>
>>64178173
i know what your'e talking about and yeah that pissed me off, it wasn't cute, it was just annoying.
>>
>>64177997
feminist bullshit with top tier practical effects.
>>
>>64177997
The best practical effects used in a movie in decades.
The most metal movie I've seen lately.
It really isn't a Mad Max movie though.
>>
>>64177997

Basically the movie says men suck and are the cause of all that's wrong in the world.

And that poor oppressed maligned servitude slave-like "handicapped" women of the world are the truly great gender and can save the world. I mean Christ, they even make Furiosa handicap to literally show how a patriarchal society is "handicapping" women.

Max represents the new "beta cuck male." The new weak male of the world who's main purpose is to support women as they ascend up in society. The mission/adventure/story is completely the women's story, not Max's. He's just there to help. If this was a romcom, he'd be the gay friend role.

It's one of the most in-your-face feminist sjw movies you will ever see.

The movie should literally be called "Furiosa Road."
>>
>>64180604
>Basically the movie says men suck and are the cause of all that's wrong in the world.

Well I mean, if men are logically in charge of everything when the world goes to shit because they are the most capable, then if they fuck it up it's also logically their fault.
>>
If you've never seen a Mad Max movie you might enjoy it. It's a plotless chase scene without any compelling emotions. I've had more visceral reaction watching paint dry, but the autistic children here love it...
>>
>>64180814
>I've had more visceral reaction watching paint dry
ha ha, upboat!
>>
>>64177997
Best production design in years.
>>
How big is Mad Max?
>>
>>64180886
you do realize mad max is definitely a reddit tier film right
>>
>>64180814
>Plotless
>>
>>64181026
>implying
>>
File: abbey-lee-mad-max-1.jpg (76 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
abbey-lee-mad-max-1.jpg
76 KB, 1200x600
Dag was best girl.
>>
>>64177997
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPydRKuhuEk
>>
It's worth checking out this movie for the action. No one really does stuff like it anymore. The bad thing about this movie is that anything that wasn't related to the action was done very very poorly. Whenever you have characters talking the movie comes to a near stand still. I also disliked the music.
>>
File: 1370320139464.jpg (32 KB, 150x207) Image search: [Google]
1370320139464.jpg
32 KB, 150x207
>>64181706
>I also disliked the music.

You just have terrible taste then
>>
>>64181545

she looks retarded, like this dyke movie

fuck this garbage
>>
A villain who did nothing wrong.

Seriously is rationing water and having a strong military a bad thing in the post-apocalyptic world?
>>
>>64178080
OMG THIS! XD
>>
>>64182670
i think it was the sex slaves
>>
protip

girls won't fuck you if you're not a feminist
>>
>>64178265
I personally think John Wick has more re-watch potential.
>>
>>64183708
Your mom says either wise
:^)
>>
You'll get whatever your beliefs beforehand say.
If you think it's feminist propaganda, you'll pick the movie apart looking for symbolism for that like some 8th grade english student making shit up for a C grade essay.

The weakest part of the movie was actually the beginning. The whole spooky ghosts thing was dumb.
>>
File: 133603747860374.jpg (13 KB, 200x314) Image search: [Google]
133603747860374.jpg
13 KB, 200x314
>mfw i torrented the originals and learned they are all poorly dubbed with american accents
>>
>>64177997
In yet another year loaded with unmerited reboots and superfluous sequels, as the seemingly endless extension of retreads, reimaginings, and expanded universes continues to pummel viewers into submission, it's almost unbelievable to find a mass-market movie that makes good on the hype. Pulling off a genuine Trojan-horse maneuver of cinematic subversion within the cloak of a beloved franchise, Mad Max: Fury Road stands as a statement on how even the most stringently managed of studio properties can be massaged to produce miraculous results. It also proves that poetry and pandemonium, not to mention inventive filmmaking and healthy box office, don't need to be mutually exclusive. Moving up from the unfocused weirdness of Beyond Thunderdome into new heights of inspired madness, this innovative vision from a familiar apocalyptic wasteland retains the series's general outlines while also further reducing its titular hero to a mythical supporting character. Yet for all the implicit progressive politics and outsized metaphoric constructions, the film is most successful as a blunt expression of impassioned force, its strident stands on a variety of hot-button issues used as fuel to stoke a cacophonous combustion of energy and noise. Structured around the spectacle of a single extended chase sequence, it spins out a Keaton-esque carnival of dodgy practical effects, ingeniously tactile set pieces, and equivalently creative CG. Subtlety and contemplation have their place, but Fury Road scratches a different sort of atavistic itch, satisfying the compulsion for genuine awe and amazement so often neglected by modern tent poles, exhibiting its ultimate allegiance toward the viewer rather than the monolithic dictates of the brand.
>>
An excellent movie.

Then you'll come back to /tv/ to discuss it, and we'll whip out our dankest memes, and you will decide it was shit.
>>
File: 1432631965848.jpg (996 KB, 900x1333) Image search: [Google]
1432631965848.jpg
996 KB, 900x1333
>>64181796
TFA IS VERY SIMILAR TO FURY ROAD

BULLSHIT FEMINIST LEAD CHARACTERS
>>
>>64184382
>Feminist lead character
>Gotten beaten by a blood drained guy that went through a nuclear sandstorm while being chained to a terminally sick man
>>
>>64178515
>7/10
so edgy.
>>
le shiny and chrome man
>>
>>64177997
DUDE BADASS FEMALES LMAO
>>
>>64178173
>>64179167
Which deleted scene?

The one wish the boob flash?
>>
>>64184563
He's 100% right. The movie is overall solid but unexceptional.
>>
>>64184563
How is it edgy? 7/10 is a good grade for fuck's sake.
>>
>Badass women

nice meme from /pol/

Furiosa is broken and fragile, the other women are fucking retarded, Max and Nux are the ones who make everything happen

And yeah, best movie of 2015
>>
It was JUST what I expected, this rehash is nothing but a glib facsimile.
If Mad Max was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my
mental balance is very stable.
Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Mad Max would have to offer.
A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not
even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.
Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.
It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.
But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.
The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line
check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping
drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.
Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Fury Road looks like it's something for little kids.
>>
>>64186090

ur a little bitch
>>
Why do people sperg so much about muh feminist overtones?

The girl power is a little overdone, and the way the breeders are portrayed as somehow having a shitter deal in life life than nearly every other character does irritate me a bit. Max is not as important or developed enough of a character as I would like, but meh, it was decent entertainment when I had nothing else to watch
>>
>>64177997
a glib facsimile of the road warrior
>>
>>64177997
An okay action movie. Not THE GREATEST ACTION MOVIE of all time like some people are acting like it is and not some SCARY FEMINIST PROPAGANDA that others pretend it is. Just an okay but pretty forgettable action movie.
>>
The most overrated movie of 2015. Apart from that, it's okay-ish
>>
>>64186753
>breeders are portrayed as somehow having a shitter deal in life life than nearly every other character does irritate me a bit
I saw it differently. Remember how one of them wanted to go back?
They were pampered and spoiled, and when exposed to the real world they tended to have much reduced lifespans.

If anything it's mirroring women in today's society: Pampered, entitled queens who don't know what they have.
>>
>>64177997
A boring movie with people driving for 3 hours and a strong independent woman who don't need no man.
>>
>>64187982
>who don't need no man.
Except in the 5 parts of the movie where she'd have died without him.
>>
>>64177997
One of the best action movies of all time.
>>
File: 1451261220350.jpg (306 KB, 627x886) Image search: [Google]
1451261220350.jpg
306 KB, 627x886
A entertaining movie which was also pretty good
>>
>>64177997
no story apart form they dirve there and then back, but good, stylish action along the way
>>
I rarely rewatch modern films and I've seen Mad Max: Road Fury 5 times.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.