[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Expanse General thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: The_Expanse_TV.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The_Expanse_TV.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
I keep seeing people here shit on this show for no reason. I don't understand the hate, we've only seen four episodes so far, and the last one was pretty damn good.

I'm really excited because it feels like we finally have a decent new space opera set in an interesting universe that I've never seen before in a sci-fi show.

So, even though I don't think the show has been bad at all, I say to the critics just give it a chance because it's really the only show of its type that we have right now, and I'd like to see where the series goes.

That said, the one thing that really pisses me off about people criticizing this show is the people saying the scene where Holden hand-cranked the airlock shut was stupid. I don't understand this criticism, because if the electrical systems of the door were damaged and locked out, then an auxiliary backup hand-cranked system would be well in order. Most naval ships have electronically closing doors, but they also have a mechanical handwheel to close it manually.
>>
>>64175383
this show is good, especially for the budget
>>
>>64175575
The budget is actually pretty damn expensive for a Sy-Fy show, right?

I read in previous threads that there are rumors that if it doesn't get better ratings Sy-Fy is going to either lower the budget or cancel it or something.

I really hope this show works out, I just need ONE decent sci-fi show to replace the hole that Stargate / BSG / Firefly / Farscape left...
>>
i hope they fucking stop doing the scenes with that old woman, i can't stand her "acting"
>>
>>64176177
You mean the Curry GILF?

Honestly, her scenes aren't that special or anything, but I have no problem with them.
>>
>>64175383
This show is awesome. How could anybody hate it? Well...this is 4chan...

If it gets canceled, well, fuck them, I'll read the books. This one awesome space show.
>>
Gonna get cancelled soon. Real shame.
>>
>>64176608
Got any info on that? I just can't believe it is goibg bad.
>>
First off, it's not a "space opera", its Humans in the future doing the same shit we do except out there.

Also, they show some cool possibly alien engine sucking up some dude in the first minute and then NOTHING...

FUCKING... NOTHING...

and guess what if you've read the books, guess what... FUCKING... NOTHING...

That is why the show fucking sucks. Can't believe that POS show got higher ratings than Childhood's End which is FAR superior.
>>
>>64175383
Too many episodes online which leads to too long a wait until the next episode. It hurts the show's momentum.
>>
>>64176939
Childhood's End has 3 episodes, the second of which was total dogshit.
>>
>>64176939
I agree the CE is superior, for its 3 episodes. But gotta admit The Expanse has more potential.
>>
Bookfags, will the martian master race win out?
>>
I missed this thread earlier.

I am a bookfag and am really enjoying it. The filler they added isn't that terrible, although the earth scenes really are not necessary.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.