[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does the force awakens need a directors cut? what would you like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault12323.jpg (135 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault12323.jpg
135 KB, 1920x1080
Does the force awakens need a directors cut?
what would you like to see added?
>>
All the cut scenes and shots. Maybe a line from Luke at the end.
>>
Movie was good but way too fast. Extend some scenes and it would be better
>>
Maybe an edited down 5 minute version.
>>
How about one that digitally removes the negro?
>>
Unfuck the opening scene.
>>
>>64171710
>what would you like to see added?

An original plot....

No seriously, maybe a couple extra scenes showing us the Republic so we care about the Hosnian system getting BTFO. I'd also like a scene that shows Poe escaping Jakku or surviving the crash, rather than have him just show up out of nowhere.
>>
>>64171710

Original content
>>
>>64171895
"I came here to be left alone, put your hand down and leave." - Luke
>>
>>64171710
More Han
>>
No, it felt like it dragged on too long as it is.
>>
>>64171710
Leia and Rey kissing at the end
>>
>>64172259
keked
>>
File: Poe lipbite.gif (2 MB, 500x220) Image search: [Google]
Poe lipbite.gif
2 MB, 500x220
>>64171710
Finn fucking Poe in the face.
>>
>>64171710
More TRAITOR TROOPERZ in action
>>
>>64172130
>implying the attack on jakku village sequence wasnt the best scene in the movie
>>
>>64171710
yes
I don't care if its 3+ hours

it was too damn fast
>>
More Poe
Give Rey some actual struggle
More Poe
Scrap the entire movie and make an action buddy movie of the adventures of Finn and Poe with their cute pet BB8
>>
>>64172118
How about one that replaces him with two identical midget negroes stacked on top of each other?
>>
A choreographed dance routine between Kylo and Han, with an army of CGI blue aliens playing space flutes, whilst a Jewish alien slowly inserts pennies into his asshole. It will make it seem like George Lucas actually contributed to the film
>>
It needs a plot for one
>>
>>64171710
one that shows rey taking the BBC
>>
Does anyone think Poe should have actually been rescued from Jakku by Rey and Finn on the Millennium Falcon and then been with them when they encounter Han, before being separated in the Rathtar sequence and regrouping with the Resistance off-screen? That would've given more time for him to form bonds with the other two main characters as well as have the Resistance come to Takodana as Han, Rey and Finn's back-up/cavalry without having to explain it in that throw-away 2-second subtitle-moment with the mic droid in Maz's Palace (no matter how cool the droid was).
Plus it would've given the Rathtar sequence actual purpose in the story because it would be what separates Poe from Rey and Finn.
Or would it have cluttered the whole Millennium Falcon/Han reintroduction stuff and whatnot? I just find it weird that our new lead trio were separated for so much of the film, plus this would give us more based Poe.
>>
>>64172130
what awsw worng with irt>?
>>
>>64173149
they're not a lead trio, it's a lead duo with a second billing mary sue pilot
>>
>>64171710
>what would you like to see added?

Chewbacca actually grieving the loss of his friend and brother of four or five decades for more than two seconds before jumping in the Millennium Falcon with Rey as if nothing happened.

I'd be happy with him not grieving visibly at all, as long as the camera would linger on him a while longer in the aftermath scene, maybe with Leia looking at him compassionately or something. Anything. The way they completely neglected Chewie after the final battle was sloppy and trivialises his and Han's friendship completely.
>>
>>64171710
yes
the first thing would be deleting the last 2 seconds, who the fuck thought that shot was fine
>>
>>64173246
Yeah, I agree. Especially when Leia completely snubbed Chewie and decided to comfort Rey instead, even though that was the first time they'd met
>>
>>64173209

well my plot changes would've made them a lead trio. also wouldve meant the sequence when they escape the tie fighters in the falcon wouldnt have to be a massive MaRey Sue moment since Poe could fly it, and Rey could just stick to being sick at mechanics etc.
>>
Rey digging a hole in the sand, pissing in it, then covering it up like a doggy :3
>>
>>64171710
Would like to see more details about the political situation between the New Republic, the Resistance and the First Order.
>>
>>64172749
Also all of these are good ideas.
>>
>A reason to care about any of them
>time to build relationships instead of just making them besties willing to die to save one another after having known each other for 5 minutes
>>
>>64173448
This. Also some scenes of the average soldier to see how fanatical they really are, first order seems an awful lot like best Korea.
>>
>>64171710
>heave make up
>in the desert
>>
You guys think there'll be a version with all the cut scenes? Not necessarily director's cut.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 300x351) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 300x351
>>64173603
>he doesn't think there will be at least 4 separate releases of this turd

Do you even starwars or Disney??
>>
>>64171710
Some exposition.
A bridge between ep 6 and 7.
Combining phasma with TR-8R.
Some struggle.
Actions WITH consequences.
Removal of that horrid 360 end shot.
>>
>>64173364
Or... Is it???????
>>
File: 1419989417410.png (144 KB, 456x410) Image search: [Google]
1419989417410.png
144 KB, 456x410
>finn gets his ass handed to him throughout the movie
>gets friendzoned

finn

finn had a hard life
>>
a plot

maybe a likeable protagonist
>>
Lights aver duels with the Raid: Redemption cast
>>
an ORIGINAL plot, not a remake of episode IV
more poe and rey development
less humor, only two good jokes (why are you doing that with your chin?, and sanitation)
pick a better more intimidating actor for kylo ren
more finn
>>
>>64171710
Maybe a funny scene where Rey takes off her shoes to dump some sand out after walking around in the desert all day. Or a scene where Rey is relaxing on the Millennium Falcon and decides to kick off her shoes and put her feet up for a while.
>>
>>64171710

A scene showing the Republic Senate on Hosnian debating over what to do about First Order.

In the novel, a freind of Leia is a Senator and tries to get more funding/action against First Order. She's one of the people who walks-out on the balcony just before the Starkiller beam hits and fries them.

It would be a piece of world-building that this move lacks; and plebs wouldn't confuse it with Corsucant either.
>>
>>64173764
My name is Finn irl

His story is similar to mine in a way
>>
>>64173837
Lightsaber*
>>
More exposition about the aftermath of Endor, and if JJ is as good as he thinks he is, make a small but clever mention of a certain Grand Admiral.
>>
>>64173877
You both nameless black men, who had their names bestowed upon them by high ranking white men?
>>
>>64173877
Dubs confirm you are a nigger
>>
>>64172076
unironically this
>>
>>64173858
tarantula pls
>>
>>64171710
yes, cut the director
>>
>>64172021
Just saw the movie today and told my friend the same thing. Moments happened way too fast. They never stayed in a moment but quickly just go to the next.
>>
>>64172130
Best scene in the movie. Try harder.
>>
File: 1451044413300.jpg (204 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1451044413300.jpg
204 KB, 768x1024
bump
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.