[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw this today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: untitled.png (844 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
844 KB, 1280x720
What did you guys think?

I hope the older stuff is a Segway into an entirely new trilogy, because I don't think I can deal with pure nostalgia and millennial pandering for another two movies.

I have a man crush on Poe. Ren is a faggot.
>>
Ren is the best character. Does the struggle of dark vs. light better than Anakin or Luke.
>>
GLIB FASMILEY
L
I
B

F
A
S
M
I
L
E
Y
>>
>>64170583
7.5/10 contrary to the faggots saying it's shit, it's good but not amazing.
>>
>>64170610

>so far no clear motivation for being evil
>tries to be like vader despite being skinny
>looks like the bastard son of the wife from the shining
>knows he's going to turn good from the get go
>creeps on rey in the torture room
no
>>
>>64170763
>no clear motivation for being evil
Are you actually retarded? Have you seen any of the movies ever? The Dark Side is a temptation for all the Skywalkers. Luke wrestlers with it, Anakin wrestles with it, Ben wrestles with it.
>Tries to be like his own grandfather despite being the same body type.
What does this even mean?
>>
>>64170888

The Dark Side is always a temptation, but there are specific reasons to turn. Anakin wanted to protect his loved ones, so did Luke.

With a seasoned gunfighter for a father and the Jedi that defeated Darth Vader as his uncle, why did he feel such a strong need to become an edgelord to protect them?

Furthermore, he's their main threat. He would have protected them by not being a faggot.
>>
>>64170583
>What did you guys think?
>rehash episode IV
>finn should have been the jedi and got the second best arc
>Rey should have been the shooter and is a mary sue
>Poe is top tier
>Kylo is best vilain and got the best arc
>loved Hans and Chewie
>fuck that KANJAKLUB scene
>Maz is alright but we didnt need another cantina
>FO are a buch of chest puffers who needs to grow
>we didnt knew shit about the republic
>why was leia even their
>phasma and C3PO just there to sell toys
its not has bad as /tv/ says but its not as amazing as reddit youtube says.
>>
>>64171086
And Ren wants to be powerful like his grandfather. He said this out loud. Did you not pay attention? I'm also sure we're going to learn more about why Ren and his knights turned on Luke in the next movie. It's pretty obvious Snoke has a major influence over all of them. Just as Palpatine did over Vader.
>>
best character,
everything else is shit
>>
It's competently made. They deliberately played it safe. 8/10. Not great, not as good as any of the OT, but a solid Star Wars movie is all most people wanted.

It's not shit, nor is it amazing.
>>
>>64171233

I paid attention but why? What is the purpose of becoming powerful like your grandfather when you're already predisposed for/being handed it?
>>
>>64171233

desu senpai the background to this movie is poorly handled and needlessly complex. All we know of Kylo is that he was trained by Luke but trained him, probably for some ambiguous promise of power from an evil as fuck looking dude. it ain't unique nor great character motivation.
>>
>>64171188
>>64170583
the only thing that matters is: are Disney actually trying to make good Star Wars films?

the fact is that they aren't, so that's really game set and match. you may as well send donations to televangelists.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 110x124) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 110x124
>Flying with Finn
>accidentally grab his leg instead of compressor shifter
>we both laugh and I unzip his pants
>land my x-wing while fondling his balls
>Finn is laughing because he knows it’s just a joke
>start sucking his dick in this empty quadrant
>almost chock on his black cock because I’m laughing so hard
>Finn is also laughing his ass off
>he starts making train noises while yelling “POEJOB POEJOB CHOO CHOO”
>he force cums and I swallow it all like some stupid faggot
>kiss Finn and call him a faggot while laughing
>>
>>64171339
>what is the purpose of becoming powerful
Are you serious? That answers itself.
>>64171386
>needlessly complex
kek
> it ain't unique
No shit sherlock. It's the same motivation as his grandfather. It's purposely not unique. It's the same thing his entire family keeps dealing with. Why would it be unique? That's not even a criticism.
>>
File: sw anakin the emperor evil.png (1 MB, 1062x454) Image search: [Google]
sw anakin the emperor evil.png
1 MB, 1062x454
>>64170763
>no clear motivation for being evil
as the bright and the dark side are the easiest concept and good explanation can't exist so i rather don't know why and just know that it happened.
>>
>>64170583
Oscar Isaac looks less white in every successive movie
>>
>>64171393
>are Disney actually trying to make good Star Wars films?
yeah they just played it very safe to make easy money.
>>
>>64171495

Yeah I'm being serious. Not everyone wants to be extremely powerful, especially if they aren't lacking to begin with.

Why didn't Ben Solo just become an accountant?
>>
File: 1445528359512.gif (4 MB, 1000x755) Image search: [Google]
1445528359512.gif
4 MB, 1000x755
>>64171301
>8/10. Not great,
>>
I have a theory thaty Kylo Ren went dark to stop snoke. Its why he struggles soo much with his father, he coulldnt leave him alive after very stormtrooper witnessed their meeting on the bridge.
>>
File: no troopers.gif (2 MB, 418x174) Image search: [Google]
no troopers.gif
2 MB, 418x174
>>64171711
>grey zone in muh star wars
>>
>>64171495
see, his grandfather actually had a reason to want that power, to save Padme and ensure her safety. there is no clear reason for Kylo to want it besides simply wanting it because his granddaddy wanted it.
>>
>>64171620
Clearly he is lacking. Did you even see him? He's weak, conflicted, and vulnerable. He's being 'torn apart' by light and dark. He's a child who craves power but lacks the resolve to attain it, until the end.
>>
>>64171888
>his grandfather actually had a reason to want that power
>"I hate sand."
>"From my point of view the Jedi are sand."
What a good reason. Bravo Lucas.
>>
>>64171904

Well yeah, instead of completing his training he bitched out and started being emo. The more Luke trained, the more skilled he was.

While certain Jedi might have a stronger innate bond with the force (like Anakin and Rey apparently do), training has clearly been shown to be more effective in churning out excellent Jedi.

Anakin couldn't even fight an old man until he experienced war, and all the knowledge and prowess that builds.
>>
>>64171428
I had the feeling I missed an aftercredits scene.
>>
>Finn
I don't understand the purpose of Finn if they just fuck him over at every turn.
It makes him look weak and useless when he has to be saved by Rey nearly every ten minutes.
Hell, the opening sequence is him abandoning his post in an act of cowardice and dereliction of duty. He later goes on to mercilessly kill people without batting an eye. The narrative makes no sense.
>Kylo
>hurr durr i wanna be evil like that guy with the mask
Why does he wear the mask? His motivations are never established and are brushed off as if an unexplained cult can justify any twist and turn of his character.
Earlier examples in the film point him to being a master of the force, but at times he is reduced to a sub-Padawan level in accordance with the plot armor of the characters he is fighting.
Everyone just brushes it off with
>hurr durr he didn't complete his training
and again, the narrative just falls apart when the film is looked at as a whole.

>Rey
>sand scavenger that spends all day in a junkyard
>dirt poor on a dirt planet with little to no access to libraries or education
>instant master lightsaber duelist
>instant master force user with jedi mind tricks included
>master mechanic
>master fighter
>master blaster user
>master pilot, better pilot than Han Solo
>master smuggler
>everything falls into her lap by coincidence including a lightsaber that shouldn't exist or work at this point in time
>bests Finn and Kylo at everything for seemingly no reason, but to make her a reversal of the damsel in distress trope
>mary sue to fuck
>people still think she is a legitimate character in a plot
M-muh force.

There are many other non-nitpick shit wrong with the film and it's a joke how adamantly people are defending this pile of trash.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.