[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever left before finishing a movie at the theater, /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 12
Have you ever left before finishing a movie at the theater, /tv/?
What made you leave?
>>
I left during sucker punch because I had no idea wtf was going on after I had to go the bathroom 10 minutes in when it went from girl in a orphanage to fucking ww3
>>
>>64168815
cloud atlas
the master
the phantom menace
>>
>>64168913
they didnt appeal to my high aesthetic principles
>>
>>64168815
I left during Man of Steel. It was a really shit movie. A bunch of people left starting around 30 minutes in. We all got our money back and free tickets for another movie. I used my ticket for World War Z. It was a much better movie.
>>
Where I live movies have always been a huge investment for the night.
I've either never seen a movie so horrible that I felt like I had to leave, or I've just told myself I had to stay because I paid 25 dollars for ticket/food/drink.

For all I know you can get your money back if you felt the movie was really bad, I've never really asked.
>>
>>64169031
This
>>
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

The entire film was subtitled, what the fuck were they thinking?
>>
File: 220px-DowntoEarth2001mp.jpg (16 KB, 220x317) Image search: [Google]
220px-DowntoEarth2001mp.jpg
16 KB, 220x317
I used to go see almost everything with my mom growing up.

Pic related is the only thing we ever walked out of, because it was just that bad.

I would never have ever thought of this movie if it weren't for that.
>>
>>64168815
nope, i have theater etiquette which dictates no matter how awful the movie is, i will sit through it and finish it
>>
File: a21.jpg (47 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
a21.jpg
47 KB, 680x510
>>64169031
I hardly remember that movie since during that time my father was in his last few months of terminal cancer.
He was a huge Superman fan, as am I.
If he knew about it I hope he knew that it was a shitty movie, so he wouldn't have been hung up on not being able to see it.

It's funny, I remember watching a Superman marathon with him when I was six years old. Once we got to Superman to he'd point out to me how the greedy Jewish directors would take up 15 minutes of screentime by showing flashbacks of the older movies. Then he'd tell me how they Jews ran Hollywood these days and it was all a big song and dance.
Miss you dad.
>>
the force awakens i fucking hated it

in the theater people were applauding and wooping this terrible rehash cashgrab. I was visibly shaking and on verge of tears only 20 minutes into the film, i felt like screaming and pulling my hair out but i was just muttering "this is reddit, this is memes, this is videogames, this is memes" under my breath.
>>
Are you still supposed to clap after the movie is finished, even if you hated it?
>>
>>64169031
wait you can actually get a refund if you leave soon enough
>>
I was very close to walking out in the first few minutes of TFA when that dickhead from Ex Machina made the stupid "who talks first" quip.
>>
>>64169253
is taking your fedora off inside part of this theater etiquette
>>
Nobody actually does this
>>
left during Cloverfield so I could throw up in the toilets due to motion sickness
Came back in to see how it ended though.
>>
Hunger Games.
I left when the girl found the boy in the river disguised as a rock because he knew how to decorate cakes or some shit. The movie was shit.
I didn't care about any of the characters, or who lived or died.
I went in blind, not knowing anything about it at all, but the movie itself automatically assumes you've read all the books and already know everything thats going on.

I've heard the books were pretty good, but.. I don't know. I'm done with it all.
>>
I left early for Live Free or Die Hard. My GF at the time wanted to make out to fire works in the back of my pickup and we didn't realize the film's run time would overlap with the July 4th fireworks display since it was all last minute planning.
>>
>>64169471
>"this is reddit, this is memes, this is videogames, this is memes" under my breath.
underrated pasta
>>
File: 1409517610945.jpg (8 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1409517610945.jpg
8 KB, 250x241
>>64169625
What do you call those kinds of shitty teen movies?
I swear there have been dozens of them, all with predictable endings and almost every one is an adaption of some teen book. I had to take my younger sister to see a few of them.

>ANON DID YOU WATCH THE MAZE RUNNER IT'S ACTUALLY A REALLY GOOD MOVIE
>I watched the first few minutes, it really didn't seem that good man
>NO ANON IT WAS SO CRAZY THE ENDING CAME OUT OF NOWHERE
>IT WAS ACTUALLY ALL JUST A SOCIAL EXPERIMENT
>IT WAS ALL A PRANK BRO THERE WAS NO MAZE
>>
>>64169736
By the way that was my 22 year old mouth breathing friend telling me about the movie, not my little sister.
She has better standards than him.
>>
>Force Awakens
When she did the mind trick 10 minutes about finding out about the force
>The Martian
When he said the science the shit out of this line
>Interstellar
The Anne Hathaway love speech
>Fury Road
When the feminist granny warriors appeared
>>
>>64169031
went to a man of steel show at 7
left 30 minutes after start go to watch world war z
so worth
>>
>>64169609
When I was around 12 years old I went to see some shitty Eddie Murphy movie with my dad.
I ate too much popcorn and threw up in the theater.

I didn't spray it all over the people bellow, I just kind of got a running start but couldn't hold it in, so I threw up in the isle and left in shame.
>>
I had to leave in the middle of dark knight, I didnt want to get shot.
>>
Only God Forgives.
It was just an absolute pile of shit. Only movie I've walked out in at least 10 years.
>>
I got out from World Trade center after the Jesus scene.

What the fuck was up with that?
>>
I left early out of many movies...the one I remember most was definitely Crimsion Peak... I got so bored with it after I figured out the plot... Plus the ghosts sucked... I left after Loki and Alice started to have sex
>>
>>64169966
Well not everybody is equipped to appreciate real cinema I suppose.
>>
>>64168815
Blair Witch Project. Gay couple sitting in the back a few seats down from me started giving each other handjobs under their pants. If the movie had been alright I probably would have just witched seats, instead I left and told the nigger at the concession stand what they were doing.
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (3 MB, 1425x885) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
3 MB, 1425x885
This...fucking...shit... We had just wen't to see Ex Machina and decided hey ho let's go for round 2, my friend has a unlimited card(infinite movies £100 a year) and I have "Meerkat movies" aka buy one get one free, so when he uses the card - I get in for free, It's pretty legit.

This movie was horrible, like literally painful to watch, the entire thing was orange and there were a bunch of retards on "Dbox" seats which move and vibrate that made it even more off-putting watching them bounce up and down at the side of my eyes.
>>
I left durning Cop Out, that part when the biggest car thief in the world is a 12 year old boy. What kind of fuckin idiot mad child writes this shit? Oh yeah, that hack Kevin Smith. In my defense, I just snuck into a random movie after seeing something else.
>>
The Monuments Men

me and my buddies had the theater to ourselves so we could shittalk the movie, and it was still just unbearably awful
>>
>>64169736
teen fantasy movies are the epitome of plebiness
>Erogon movie
>lightning thief
>hunger games
>twilight
>harry potter gets a pass
>all these random tv shows
>the skartch
>>
>>64169736

you didn't 360 and punch him in his face? wtf loser
>>
File: Hulk 2003.jpg (50 KB, 300x441) Image search: [Google]
Hulk 2003.jpg
50 KB, 300x441
The only movie I've ever walked out on.
>>
The Last Airbender. I went to go see Knight and Day instead I was laffin thanks Tom Cruise.
>>
>>64170117
Oh shit. Some other idiots wrote it, they have their directorial debut coming out. Calling it now, shittiest movie of the year.

Going Under.
>>
File: 1342363196600.png (131 KB, 574x600) Image search: [Google]
1342363196600.png
131 KB, 574x600
>>64169434
>Then he'd tell me how they Jews ran Hollywood these days and it was all a big song and dance.

So, neither of you knew that Superman himself was the creation of a couple of Jewish writers in the 30s?
>>
>>64168815
I almost walked out of Mortal Kombat 2 but I was on a few tabs of acid and didn't give a fuck.
>>
The 100 though. it's all

>hurdur typical teenage CW plebshow lol
>dude this 10 year old child just stabbed your protag to death
>dude every character is dying or suffering from severe trauma
>dude this chick that fell in love with our comedic relief and we got to know for 16 episodes just killed herself to save him
>dude our protag just gassed 200+ people including children to save some friends
>dude this chick just stabbed her crush to save her community
>dude oxygen is running out and we'll volunteer to die to save our kids. this sequence takes like 15 minutes and show every detail.

this show is fucked up son
>>
alice in wonderland 2010.
divergent
man of steel
what the fuck was i thinking.
>>
File: sad-crying-l.png (126 KB, 1500x1459) Image search: [Google]
sad-crying-l.png
126 KB, 1500x1459
>>64170293
>>
>>64170151
I liked it. Good cast with decent chemistry and a fun, thought provoking premise. What was so bad about it?
>>
>>64169570
how does what i said have anything to do with fedoras you dunce.
>>
>>64168815
man of steel
divergent
tmnt
green lantern

They were SHITTTTTTTTT!
>>
>>64168815
GI Joe, that movie made me so mad with all the dumb fake computer jargon. They even had a fucking product placement for Norton anti-virus on one of the bad guy's machine.
>>
>>64168815
Fucking once, i was sixteen and wanted to see Bladerunner. I was destroyed after hour of this flick.
>>
File: 1296414996232.jpg (46 KB, 358x292) Image search: [Google]
1296414996232.jpg
46 KB, 358x292
>>64169253
>no matter how awful the movie is, i will sit through it and finish it

That's pretty fucking stupid Anon
>>
File: 1371263712386.jpg (114 KB, 333x331) Image search: [Google]
1371263712386.jpg
114 KB, 333x331
ITT: autists think the world is taking note of their drama.
>>
left during pixels
first and only movie so far iv walked out of

it was truly shitty
>>
>>64168815

Transformers 2 and that Mission Impossible that's located in Mexico I think, those 2 were so shit I can't be bothered to waste more of my time.
>>
>>64170049

This made laugh.
>>
>>64170532
i guess? the worst one ive had to sit through was clash of the titans and it was worth seeing just so i could look back on how shitty it was. the popcorn was still good.
>>
File: 1449176509857.jpg (58 KB, 499x496) Image search: [Google]
1449176509857.jpg
58 KB, 499x496
>>64169471
>>
File: 1450824788352.jpg (46 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1450824788352.jpg
46 KB, 604x453
I don't leave, I usually get bored and pass out

Transformers 2
Flight of the Phoenix
The Metallica music video movie
Baby mama (on a date)
Dan in real life
Hulk (2003)

I don't usually sleep through movies, these just got either really boring or really comfy.
>>
My neighbor took me, my sister, her brother and some friends to see Borat. She didn't know what she was walking into and made us leave and sneak into another movie. She told us not to tell our parents what movie she took us to see.
>>
>>64171271
Serves you right, giving money to the Sandler Jewspiracy in the first place.
>>
>>64170151
I liked it, but I appreciate anything set in ww2.
>>
I left during the Dark Knight Rises because some smoke was trown in and the effects were to real. it really felt like people were dying. I just left the theater right then.
>>
Never.

I only ever pay for movies I'm invested in.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.