[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this movie good? I remember loving it but I was also 9. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (450 KB, 486x720) Image search: [Google]
file.png
450 KB, 486x720
Is this movie good? I remember loving it but I was also 9. I kinda want to rewatch it but I'll be sad if it's actually shit.
>>
I lasted about 20 mins

>Go, now. You have your Mission.
>Impossible!

Come on.
>>
>>64165797
It's great. The first Mission Impossible is a lesson of film-making. The conversation in train station, where Ethan Hunt understands the conspiracy, man...
>>
>>64165797
Best in the series by a long shot, to use the standard it's a movie where all the others are flicks.
>>
>>64165797
It's probably the best one. My ranking is 1,4,3,5,2.
>>
>>64165797
It's great, I think Brian dePalma directed it.
>>
It's good until the ending set piece with the helicoper. The compositing or whatever looks really fucking bad now.
>>
I will never forgive DePalma for making Jean Reno bad... he is the ultimate 90's movie bro
>>
The plot of it is exhausting to follow

But i'm probably just stupid.
>>
>>64166174
>I will never forgive DePalma for making Jean Reno bad
Stop posting, retard.
>>
>>64165797

It's a great film, the series as a whole is good fun. Though Ghost Protocol is a lot better than Rouge Nation.
>>
>>64166146
Yeah, a lot of 90s movies have aged really badly when it comes to effects. I'm scared to revisit most of them.
>>
>>64165797

I just watched it for the first time recently, and it's pretty damn good. It's obviously not high art or anything, but it's well-made and genuinely entertaining

>>64166034

I started watching the second one, and it was such a massive drop in quality that I didn't even bother finishing it. I've seen good reviews for the more recent ones though, are they actually worth it?
>>
>>64166456
It quickly turned into self-indulgent Tom Cruise as an action star garbage in the very second movie. At this point they're just panoramic shots of him doing stunts so he can masturbate to it later. The first one was fresh, had some amazing cinematography and a perfect cast.
It should have been just the one movie.
>>
>>64166569
2 is legit one of the worst movies I have ever seen. No hyperbole. It is a complete piece of shit.

I haven't seen the newest one yet but I remember that 3 and 4 were fucking great, although they are more actiony and less espionage
>>
>>64166034
Good taste anon, that order is the correct one.
>>
>>64166569
2 is a drop in quality. Blame the director. it's a chore for me to attentively watch the entire thing. It has some decent parts, but meh. 3 is a great action movie. Return to form. 4 is fantastic. 5 is alright. 2 is the only bad one
>>
>>64166569
2 is pure shit, extremely disappointing considering how good the first movie is.
The remaining movies are way better.
>>
shut the fuck up guys
2 was fucking awesome
kill yourselves
john woo is the fucking best
what you guys hate ASIAN PEOPLE???
fucking retards.
>>
>>64167007
Hi John
>>
>>64167035
i'm not john woo just someone with common sense that thinks he's a legend
just because he isn't gay ass art movie maker like stanly kubrick or steven spielberg doesn't mean he's bad!!!
>>
>>64167082
it's extremely obvious John. just stop.
>>
>>64167210
you know what, go fuck yourself plebien retard cunt.
2 is the best movie ever. the only other good movie is tmnt movie.
FUCK
YOU!!!!
>>
File: sweating intensifies.gif (2 MB, 400x379) Image search: [Google]
sweating intensifies.gif
2 MB, 400x379
>that part where Ethan is infiltrating the agency with the wires
>>
>>64166618
>>64166685
>>64166751

Cool. Glad to hear it wasn't just me. I only got through the first half-hour or so before I just lost interest. It was a special kind of shit where it isn't just boring, it's just like, every single line of dialogue, shot and editing choice was just weirdly misguided and dumb.

And I don't even dislike John Woo as a director. He's always corny, but he's made some fun movies. But that was just shit from the very first scene
>>
>>64167254
Settle down, John. It just wasn't your best movie, deal with it.
>>
I just watched it again. Really great movie

>RED LIGHT
>GREEN LIGHT
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>64167520
i dont remember that quote from mission impossible 2
>>
>>64166034
wtf
>>
>>64167747
yeah. part 2 is a masterpiece
>>
1 is good but it's really corny and 90s as fuck
>>
I really fucking miss big budget movies where everything isn't completely spoon-fed to you like a fucking child.

You're actually given the chance to work out who the culprit is on your own, even if it's pretty obvious.

The latest M:I bored me to fucking tears.
>>
>>64167585
That's because you are lack basic reading skill and quote is from M:I 1
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.