[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So was he guilty?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 13
File: avery.jpg (44 KB, 684x513) Image search: [Google]
avery.jpg
44 KB, 684x513
So was he guilty?
>>
Neither

he's classic
>>
>>64164013
I don't know who this is, but he sure looks guilty of being a virgin.
>>
>>64164013
If you assume Steven was then ya, the only logical verdict is guilty
They should have been tried together
>>
>>64164013
literally WHO
>>
File: 1451164860249.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1451164860249.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>>
what a dumbass kid
>>
Honestly, ee'll never know.

Prosecutor was a prescription drug addict and a womanizer that chased victims and worked with the kid's defence lawyer to extract a confession.

They wanted people to believe that two guys with 73/70 IQ each were able to clean a garage full of tools and prevent the concrete from soaking with her blood?

Also, no DNA from Brendan inside the house.

I think Steven is guilty but nothing went down has they painted it and the evidence really looks planted.
>>
He said he did. Why would you admit to a crime you didn't do? I mean why would you admit to a crime you did do, but still that doesn't matter in this situation.
>>
>>64164303

> 16 y.o. with the intelectual level of a 4th grade
> 70 IQ
>clearly was saying whatever the cops wanted
>honestly thought he would go home after saying it.
>>
just name the fucking documentary youre all talking about
>>
>>64164503
Making a Murderer
>>
>>64164013
look at that fucker, of course he's guilty
>>
File: 1416503480123.gif (729 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
1416503480123.gif
729 KB, 267x200
>>64164303
>Cop: Okay Brendan, we're gonna have to place you under arrest, now.
>Brendan: For how long? Like one or two days?
>>
>>64164083

i hated that fucking sleazeball so goddamn much
>>
Poor guy just wanted to go home and watch Wrestlemania
>>
>>64164244
IQ is an obsolete method of measuring intelligence.
>>
>>64164303

he was not a mentally capable person.
>>
Classic Paul Dano
>>
>>64164813
someone should make a "cast the movie" thread
>>
I had to drop that show. Not because it was bad, it was just making me too angry. I only made it 4 episodes. Should I watch more or will I just REE harder?
>>
Can someone please explain this to me? I tried google image searching the picture and nothing came up.
>>
File: Lawman.jpg (10 KB, 260x190) Image search: [Google]
Lawman.jpg
10 KB, 260x190
>>64164013

Obviously, he confessed. I'm happy to have helped getting Wisconsin just a bit safer again.

At your service.
>>
>>64165026
it's from the documentary on netflix Making of a Murderer. Some hick in wisconson gets wrongly accused of rape back in the 80s by some local cops who hate him. DNA evidence proves he didn't do it and he gets out 18 years later. Then a few years later the guy gets accused of murder. He claims the cops are framing him because they still hate him and he made them all look bad when the evidence came out that he was innocent.

The kid in the picture is his nephew. the nephew claimed he helped him do the murder. The kid is also legit mentally retarded and the video of his confession makes it seem like the cops are intimidating him into confessing.
>>
>>64164031
Then he's innocent...
>>
>>64165079
This guy was a legit troll. I can't believe some of the shit he was pulling.
>>
>>64164055
Or him before steven since his confession realky put the shackles on the ol steverino
>>
>>64165211

>He claims the cops are framing him because they still hate him and he made them all look bad when the evidence came out that he was innocent.

more than that, he was in the process of suing the department and would have bankrupted them
>>
>>64165211
Not only this but he also see them for 36 million dollar
>>
>>64164654
I kek'd so hard at that part.
>>
>>64164945
you will REE up to space
>>
>>64165329
The funny part is they had literally not evidence other than that kids confession. I mean Steven is retarded but retarded enough to rape and murder a woman and bury her bones right outside his window when he was set to have enough money for the rest of his redeck life? He had zero motive for rape or murder.
>>
>>64165079
>why would we frame him when it would be so much easier to just have him killed

that was the most insane shit I had ever seen
>>
Just got to the point where they wanted to get rid of their lawyer. Why did they need permission to get rid of him or to add another attorney to his defense? Also what a scumbag lawyer.
>>
literal embodiment of did nothing wrong
>>
Found this. Don't know how true it is, but definitely interesting.

http://www.convolutedbrian.com/an-alternative.html
>>
>>64165528
because US judicial system is fucked
>>
>>64165528
Because a defendant could switch lawyers multiple times on purpose so that after found guilty he/she could use that as grounds for an appeal.
>>
Does anyone in this county have a triple digit IQ and/or doesn't look like a mutant? With fascination I watched some of the interviewees scrounge their limited vocabulary for adjectives but then settle for saying "not so good" or "not too good". Kek'd hard at neither mother nor son knowing what "inconsistent" means. The accents were amazing too, never heard anything like it.
>>
Wait so does anybody know what had happened with the phone evidence that showed that detective having made a call to his office asking about the plate 2-3 days prior to the car's discovery?
>>
>>64165850
nothing. he just denies it and that's it. why would you doubt a cop? they're in this world to protect you anon, they wouldn't do anything wrong
>>
>>64164013
I don't think so. His confession was coerced. The prosecution knew this but also knew that he was now along for the ride. If he was found innocent the Steven could easily get a re-trail.

The confession didn't even add up. With what he "said" happened in the bedroom is nearly impossible since zero DNA was found. The prosecution knew this so they decided to ignore it and shift the focus to "she was killed in the garage". We found a bullet there.

But how is that possible when she was shot 13 times and there was also zero of her DNA in the garage.

"Oh, well he cleaned it."

Bullshit. As the expert ex-sheriff investigator stated, even crime scene techs could not clean that well.

Steven may have done it. Differently though, but if I was on that jury I would have reasonable doubt and would have to vote innocent.

However the kid should have never went to trial.
>>
>>64164013
I'm in the middle of 4th episode and I can't finish it because I feel sick. How they got that confession and judge saying there's nothing wrong with it almost made me puke.
>>
>>64165850
After they play the audio he gives the old "I don't know" and then everyone just moves on.

That was the biggest damning evidence for police corruption to me. Thought the lawyer should have pushed harder.
>>
>>64164013
LET BRENDAN WATCH WRESTLEMANIA!!
>>
>>64164596
god, that hit me. poor guy was more concerned about his 6th period project that was due.
>>
>>64164029
>>
File: file.png (147 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
file.png
147 KB, 320x240
how did he get fat again? do they feed you enough in prison to get fat?
>>
>>64166345
Prisons and schools are renowned for the awful food they have.

He's lucky if his meals had any nutrients in between the thousands of calories and carbs.
>>
>>64166345
High calorie garbage in prison. Also semen has a lot of calories
>>
>>64166345
Family probably puts money in his commissary for twinkies and hohos
>>
>>64166345
My stepfather was in prison, he gained a significant amount of weight, commissary consists of primarily fattening high sodium shit.
>>
>>64166493
Yeah it's all cheap food that won't go bad.

Cookies & Shit
>>
>>64166345
Prison food is pretty much nothing but empty calories and carbs.
I've also heard that many inmates begin grief-eating since there is so little to do.
>>
To me the blood vial is by far the most puzzling aspect of the case. How did the prosecution with such extreme confidence send it for EDTA analysis? If it tested positive the case would have gone down the toilet then and there. Did they gamble or did they know what the result would be, either through further tampering/collusion or genuine knowledge that it wasn't a plant? How about taking control samples from the actual vial, replicating the conditions and then seeing if those swabs are positive for EDTA either?
>>
Can't believe the jury found Steven guilty on that shitty evidence and weird circumstances. Everything seems so fishy.
>>
>>64166691
My theory:

1) Initially they said it could take 3-4 months to test and may not be ready for the trial. It only took 3 weeks. They lied and said that so if it tested positive they would just never use it at trail.

Also there were 6 swabs sent. They confirmed 3 tested NOT POSITIVE. They said the other 3 weren't test, but I wouldn't put it past them that the other three actually were positive and they just threw them out. Especially with how arrogant even the FBI agent was.
>>
>creepy ass prosecution team presents "evidence"
>defense poke holes at every turn
>jury buys into cops are all good boy who don't do nuffin

Movie made me legitimately mad, not just because of Steven, but mainly because all those cops got away with all this shit and it's beyond obvious.

Even that juror who had to leave for the family emergency said the other jurors basically just wasn't wanting to listen to the defense.
>>
How much was the media at fault?

I was so mad when I saw them all reporting on the confession. Shouldn't that kind of stuff remain private? Especially with how poorly the interrogation was conducted?
>>
Who the fuck is this fat cuck?
>>
>>64167120
Gary Mcgurn
Westlemania Super fan
>>
>it's a Brendan confesses to murder/rape so he can get home to watch Wrestlemania episode
>>
>>64167096
How much of it is society's fault?
In the end the jury made the final decision. They were obviously closed minded and made their decision before the trial ever started like the dismissed juror stated.

Oh well, don't move to Wisconsin if you're a retarded.

Or do. I went there once and like this documentary I saw zero black people the whole week. So pros and cons I guess.

Don't be black and retarded for sure.
>>
File: 1447967827406.jpg (297 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
1447967827406.jpg
297 KB, 1462x1462
>>64165079
his Yelp page is getting bombarded with shit, some of it is actually pretty funny

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/kratz-law-firm-west-bend

>Ken Kratz is an incredible prosecutor! When I wanted to get my husband out of the picture I got the local sheriff's department to 'discover' *wink wink* a murder on our property. My husband was zeroed in on in a jiffy! Attorney Kratz was able to put him away for life by skirting the defenses questions and skewing the concept of reasonable doubt. I've got the entire house to myself now! Thanks Ken Kratz!
>>
OFFICIAL WHO DUN IT LIST

1. Scott and Bobby
2. The ex
3. The roomate
4. The brother
5. Steven and Brendan
5. The police
>>
>>64167411
I say the police. Honestly, they're the only ones with any shred of motive. Perhaps the ex, maybe he was mad at her for something, he seemed shady too.
>>
>>64167384
>the nerve on this fucker
At least act like you have morals and respect for due process then fuck em behind closed doors.
>>
File: giphy.gif (4 MB, 300x203) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
4 MB, 300x203
>>64167327
>>
>>64166913
That would involve asking a fed to forge some evidence because you want to protect some cop in Podunk, Wisconsin which is 100% lunacy to me
Assuming the blood came from the vial, maybe the prosecution as an entity really didn't know and the conspirators were shitting their pants waiting for the test results
>>
>>64167411
Scott and Bobby alibied each other and lied.

The bus lady proved it and she has absolutely no reason to lie.
>>
>>64167411
While the Search for Teresa Halbach was underway in November 2005, another series of events was beginning in Bonduel, Wisconsin.

A woman was moving from Bonduel, Wisconsin to Maribel. She had rented a house with the lease to start on 1 November, 2005. The house was on a property that included several outbuildings.

In Bonduel, her husband had exhibited bizarre behavior such as sleeping in their attic and sleeping in a fetal position.

She discovered that the labels had been cut from her clothing, and then her underwear was missing. Her husband denied any knowledge. During the week, he said he burned something at their new address and said it was a doll crib. There was a doll crib at the Maribel address, however, it was not burnt, however.

During the marriage, the citizen found that her husband had attempted to burn himself in the past. He also had previously burnt her clothing. He was diagnosed with personality disorder, narcissistic disorder, depressive disorder, and psychosis, but he refused to take medication.

She found that on 31 October, 2005, he visited the Maribel area and had stopped at the rental before the lease began. He spoke of visiting an auto salvage yard. He commented that a woman wanted to take pictures of the rental property on 31 October while he was there, and he felt that the photographer was “stupid.”

During the week, she observed that her husband had scratches on his back and a cut finger that bled intermittently. She was beginning the move while working in Green Bay.

She found her underwear stuffed in an attic closet at the Bonduel home. She also noted a boombox along with cans of Cherry Pepsi Cola near the steps of the Maribel home. Her underwear disappeared again.
>>
>>64167411
Ding ding ding
I mean could anyone be more guilty and bitter? I honestly think that Steve was fucking his sister and that created a jealous rage.
>>
>>64167552
On the 5 of November, when they stopped for lunch in the Maribel area, the husband saw a missing person poster for Halbach and stated dogmatically, “She’s dead.”

The following evening, her husband’s behavior turned worse. He refused to allow her into the Maribel rental. The citizen contacted the Manitowoc County Sheriff’s department, and he was arrested on 6 November, 2005. He was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting an officer.

When she returned to the Bonduel home to continue the move, she checked the attic cupboard again for her missing underwear. Instead, she found a pair of yellow lace panties than were not hers. They were about her size and had stains consistent with menstruation. She placed the panties in a plastic bag to ask her husband about them.
>>
>>64167458
Scott and Bobby makes the most sense honestly. They were both the only allibi for each other and the bus driver clearly BTFO
they lived right next door so that makes sense. They probably figured it would be easy to frame someone like Steven and well it was

I just can't believe both got the sentence they did with absolutely no DNA evidence
>>
>>64167602
About 10 November, 2005 she looked through the outbuildings in Maribel for her missing clothing. She found some of her clothing cut into pieces. She also discovered a can of lighter fluid with a bloody fingerprint.

Unbeknownst to the citizen, her husband had been placed in two separate psychiatric care facilities during his custody. He was released to an outside address in January, 2006. Court records show that address as Glen’s Bar and Grill in Manitowoc. The County did not notify the woman that her husband was free and in the community.

Between November and the end of the year, a few odd things happened. Two explicit adult magazines were placed on the property. Also, her dogs found relatively fresh bones somewhere on the property. She discarded the bones.

While attempting to distract the dogs from the bones, the citizen dropped her husband’s tool chest in one of the outbuildings. A masons’ hammer and a pair of surgical gloves fell from the chest. The hammer had visible dark red flecks.

In January, she noticed a person staring at her home from the gas station/truck stop across the road. She then discovered that her husband had been released as well as his address. When she parked in the parking lot of the bar and grill, he approached her car and insisted that she take him to the Maribel residence and began searching the house. During the search, he struck her. She called the Sheriff’s Department, and her husband was rearrested.

The new charges were burglary, intimidation of a witness, criminal trespass, resisting an officer, and bail jumping.

One night she noted a second floor balcony door was open. She entered the home and secured the door. After that she discovered an opened closet at the base of the stairs with a pair of women’s jeans, a top, and a pillowcase stained with red stains.
>>
>>64167411
Who was the lady who found the car? Wasn't it the mother? Like there had to be 20 thousand cars on that property and she just so happened to find the right one? She was in on it.
>>
>>64167646
She contacted the sheriff’s department. When a deputy arrived, the citizen explained her findings and wondered if the clothing were connected with the Halbach case. She then discussed the other incidents with the deputy. The deputy stated that she believed the Halbach clothing had been recovered! She collected one magazine and the yellow panties.

If the Halbach clothing had been recovered, it was not information that was released at or after the trial of Steven Avery. If not, then the deputy was fabricating.

The citizen was contacted by Manitowoc County Detective Dennis Jacobs. Jacobs is the child sex investigator for Manitowoc County. He insisted that the panties were from a child despite the staining and size. He wanted the citizen to accuse her husband of pedophilia. He also volunteered that authorities had their suspect in the Halbach case.

She told Detective Jacobs of the cut clothing and a previous incident when her husband had burnt her clothing. His response was that was not a crime.

The woman left Wisconsin for a job in Oregon. On 2 March, 2006 the Manitowoc County prosecutor dismissed the charges of burglary and intimidation against the husband. Charges of disorderly conduct, criminal trespass, and bail jumping were also dismissed. He pleaded no contest to the two resisting officer charges and was sentenced to time served.

She believes that the victim services office in Manitowoc County provided her husband with her new address. He was at her door soon after his release.
>>
>>64167692
She considered the events of the week of 31 October, 2005, and her husband’s behaviors and injuries. The citizen believes that there may be a connection with the Halbach disappearance. When she asked her husband about any possible connection, he simply laughed and said no one would believe her if she reported her suspicions.

But, she had developed a distrust of Manitowoc County law enforcement. Her husband was probably correct that the Wisconsin authorities could not accept the concept that someone else did the crime.

by Brian McCorkle
posted on 23 June, 2009 at 20:17 pm

*Don't know how credible this guy is. He doesn't name the suspect which he could since according to him he was arrested by police on other incidents
>>
>>64167665
She was Teresa's cousin who just happened to be the only one of the search party to be handed a camera, was told to go search in the salvage yard and then happened to beeline directly to Teresa's car.
>>
>>64167782
after having read that, I think this is something that needs to be submitted to proper investigators man
>>
>>64164303
>sometimes you need to admit to small things so you build up your credibility
>>
>>64167782
[source needed]
>>
>>64165735
I burst out laughing when the defense lawyer said "irregardless", lawyers are supposed to be literary craftsmen
>>
>>64167956
Here is his site
http://www.convolutedbrian.com/an-alternative.html

He has transcripts and confession videos, but nothing on supporting his theory.

I'm thinking of emailing the writer he hasn't written anything on his Avery blog in 4 years.
>>
>>64167886
Then had the pure audacity to fucking say god guided her. And everyone just lapped that shit up.
>>
Has I said before in this thread, Steven might be guilty but they didn't prove it beyond reasonable doubt.

Too many inconsistencies. They only went after Steven, they didn't investigate other people.

Witnesses alibied eachother. The evidence they found was only done by officers of the county that should be even involved and after A LOT of sweeps done before.

Coerced confessions.

Defence lawyers working with prosecutors.

This shit was a fucking disgrace, guilty or not.

The only thing that we can take from this is that in winscousin if the authority thinks you're guilty, regardless of the truth, you are FUCKED.
>>
File: 1.jpg (32 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
32 KB, 534x401
I liked the lawyers too. Smart and aggressive.
>>
>>64168316
They were both super smart. But it was basically an impossible task. Especially fighting uphill and trying to remove all preconceived notions the jurors may have.
>>
I got chills when the lawyer caught that cop lying about looking at the plates.
>>
>>64168316
They definitely were good lawyers but there was almost never any way they could of won. The jury was no doubt bias, the juror who stepped down for a medical emergency even said so
>>
>>64168525
They caught every single witness from the prosecution in a lie: Lenk, that cop, the brother in law, the ex, etc, and yet, the jury seemed to not even consider that.
>>
>>64168316
Hey. What about me?
>>
>>64168632
You were the best.
>>
File: 245.jpg (16 KB, 680x459) Image search: [Google]
245.jpg
16 KB, 680x459
>>64168632
everytime you'd see him coming out of court with that smug fucking grin on his retarded little face
>>
>>64168632
as fucked up as he was, had brendan listened to him and accepted the plea deal he'd be eligible for parole in a few years
>>
>>64168734
and then he'd be denied parole
>>
>>64168632
Every time I see his weaselly fucking grinning mug my stomach churns. Even at the deposition he has the airy notion of frivolity. I think this man actually might be a demon or tulpa.
>>
steve should have left wisconsin as soon as he got out the first time. the family should have sold the business/property and gotten the fuck outta there.
>>
>>64164661
The kid is clearly retarded, fuck your semantics
>>
>>64169057
>move out of state
>to big city that doesn't have a 9 person police department
>sue Manitowoc
>PROFIT
>>
>>64164661
Mild mental retardation starts at 70.
They should have had him tested.
>>
>>64165528
Its a court appointed lawyer. If he wanted another one there has to be good reason, otherwise you could just keep throwing out your lawyer and fuck up the whole system. If he was able to fund his own lawyer, he wouldn't need the judges permission to kick that sleazeball to the curb.
>>
Guys my back is full of these scratches
>>
His brother or the ex-boyfriend did it.
>>
>>64168632
in a way he's a fucking dick, but in another way I can kinda see that he was trying to do the best thing for the kid

I mean, the kid had confessed multiple times to murder and rape and the jury was completely bias, there was almost no way he'd get a not guilty verdict. The lawyer explained that if he plead guilty, they'd be a possibility of parole where as if he pleaded not guilty there would be no possibility of parole if convicted
>>
>>64164029

Hah ah shit I didn't expect that.
>>
>>64164661
its actually not. its obsolete if you're culturally depraved, but if you're a person who has internet and who can post on 4chan then no its not obsolete. what, did you get a low score and are too afraid to admit you're stupid?
>>
>>64169631
He's a terrible attorney.
>>
>>64169631
He let his client talk to the police without him! He just wanted to do good for the prosecution and get a plea deal and go on to the next case.
>>
>>64164013

I dunno, the tard thing can work both ways, yeah they where too stupid to do it or yeah they killed her by accident with their mong strength and got caught trying to cover it up.
>>
>>64164654
Wrestlemania 21 had 2 great matches, 2 good matches, and the rest were shit. He didn't miss too much.
>>
>>64164083
This is why you do not trust manlets
>>
>>64169631
When he and his investigator were cooperating with the prosecution, was he also doing the best thing then?
>>
Why couldn't they do a virginity test on the kid?
>>
>>64165293

this blew my mind. BTFO
>>
>>64169795
in one of the last episodes (8 or 9) he tells his mom he's a virgin
>>
>>64169631
>letting a mentally retarded client talk to police and investigators when you aren't there
>good lawyer

Pick only one. Seriously that is some next level corruption shit. The guy should be debarred for that shit.
>>
>>64166345

They fatten you up so you can't do shit in the pen.

They want you obese and lathergic so you are docile not a walking tank that could take out a whole riot sqaud like Hollywood shows you.
>>
>>64169795
What is the first thing you will do when you go home?
"Watch Wrestlemania"

Positive for virgin
Innocent
>>
File: HitlerWasMisunderstood.jpg (21 KB, 289x292) Image search: [Google]
HitlerWasMisunderstood.jpg
21 KB, 289x292
>>64168254
...and OJ gets off on a glove
>>
>>64168548
There were multiple members of the jury that were related to the sheriff's department, who were most likely the ones that were extremely vocal about him being guilty. At the start the majority thought Steven was not guilty, only 3 did. The prosecutors could have don't absolutely nothing and they would have lost.
>>
>>64170130
Best lawyers ever
>>
File: qt.jpg (103 KB, 722x406) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
103 KB, 722x406
What a qt
>>
>>64172085
she's probably fucked every Jack McCoy in the office.
>>
>>64172085

She was the best. Such a nerd, smiling cause she knows that she did really good on her homework and she just loves being right even though the situation involves a retarded person who is incarcerated and rotting away due to a gross miscarriage of justice.
Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.