[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long is the "Star Wars every year" model really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: star-wars-release-dates.jpg (70 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-release-dates.jpg
70 KB, 1000x666
How long is the "Star Wars every year" model really sustainable for?
>>
They have it scheduled up until 2020, but surely they know audiences won't keep going to see the movies.
The best thing they could do is release one every other year.
>>
>>64157137
Long enough for them to get a pretty good return on their $4 billion investment. When Marvel and Star Wars collapse they'll buy and popularise something else.
>>
The future is in books, shows and video games anyway.
>>
Marvel is still going strong
>>
>>64157137
By the time the fifth movie comes out, even if they're good, people will get sick of it. It won't be anything special anymore, just a regular sequel you see that comes out every year.

Disney has stated they will continue making the movies until they can no longer make a profit. You better believe they are going to milk it dry and kill the franchise.
>>
>>64157137
>>64157333
>>64157606
>>64157660
>>64157714
I'm not a Star Wars fan, but I left my brain at the pop corn stand and enjoyed 2 hours of action packed adventure. It's fiction and a great film. There's no skill in nit picking like this.
>>
I want more star wars video games, but I don't know of any full major blockbuster ones after Battlefront
>>
>>64157747
I need another Star Wars RPG.
>>
>>64157744
DUDE TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF LMAO
>>
>>64157786
Star wars the old Republic is free now my nigga
>>
ESPN is threatening to drag Disney down, they need the Star Wars money.
>>
>>64157869
I would try that but last I looked into it (admittedly when it had just launched as F2P) I thought the F2P aspects of it were downright horrible. Like if I remember right you got one dungeon a week, no sprinting, stuff like that. Am I remembering wrong or was stuff changed?
>>
Star Wars Story? What's that suppose to be and whats the point of Rogue One?
>>
File: rogue one cast.jpg (268 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
rogue one cast.jpg
268 KB, 1280x853
>>64158009
It means they haven't figured out what it will be about yet but it won't be about Skywalkers and Solos and it will be another movie set in the Star Wars Cinematic Universe

It basically allows the studio to make twice as many Star Wars movies at once because they only need the "main" cast for the Episode movies, not the Story ones.
>>
>>64157606
>anime
>>
>>64157333
>The best thing they could do is release one every other year.
That's pretty much exactly what the OP image shows. The main films are every other year, with the gap years covered by spin-offs.

>surely they know audiences won't keep going to see the movies.
8 years of MCU films has shown otherwise.
>>
File: WlGgqAp.jpg (803 KB, 978x978) Image search: [Google]
WlGgqAp.jpg
803 KB, 978x978
>>64157137
>the spin offs will be better than the mainline entries

Abandon the skywalker family soap drama already.
>>
>>64157606

>Disney buys Dragon Ball
>>
>>64157744

I'm not a fan of Star Wars and intend on doing the same thing. IMAX 3D all the way.

It's hilarious the amount of debate this film is having on here. It's a silly fucking fantasy film for kids. It's hardly deep and thoughtful.
>>
>>64159796
>Michael B. Jordan as Goku
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.