[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IT'S HAPPENING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: Untitled.jpg (76 KB, 738x876) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
76 KB, 738x876
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3374961/Oops-FARCE-Yes-love-fans-asking-ludicrous-Star-Wars-time.html

based daily mail shits on star wars
the mainstream opinion is turning
TFA confirmed shit in the eyes of the general public
>>
>It makes no sense that Ren barely wins his duel with the untrained Finn. And why fight with lightsabers rather than drawing blasters, which kill instantly?
The person who wrote the article hasn't seen the movie. Ren wrecks Finn despite being hurt, and the reason no one used blasters is quite obvious
>>
>people hype Finn as original as fuck idea of a normal person using lightsaber
>Lucas did it million years ago with General Grievous, and did it better, by showing that no amount of training, robot reflex or quadruple lightsabers can help non-force user to stand their ground against actual jedi
>>
>>64155773
I'm not gonna even give the article a click but if they made that point they're absolutely retarded.

If you're a sith/jedi whatever and you have even a little bit of training, deflecting blaster shots is literally child's play.
>>
>>64155899
>Grievous
>normal person
He was literally called the Jedi Killer.
>>
>>64155773
>swing lightsaber and make other fighter block it
>blast him with 1 handed laser pistol

woah
>>
>>64155982
You can say this about literally every lightsaber battle
>>
>>64155773
>Ren wrecks Finn
Why play games? Finn landing a strike =/ wrecked and you know it.
>>
>>64156072
no
ohter lightsaber battles were fought by people trained in lightsaber fighting

this was a stormtrooper gone rogue, hes proficient with a blaster, jedi arent
>>
>>64155373
it's pointless it has average eastern european country sized fanbase and those retards will eat literally everything, creating buzz to draw in normies
stand by for inevitable tsunami of starshit
>>
>>64156173
>proficient
>a literal janitor who couldn't shoot anybody in his first fucking battle
>>
>>64156173
You're being ridiculous. If blocking someone with a lightsaber before shooting them was a doable strategy, then aim wouldn't be much of a concern because the target isn't moving.
>>
>>64156248
yes but jedi dont carry blasters with them

they use more civilized weapons :^)
>>
>>64155373
I liked TFA well enough, but the more I think about it, the more I find to complain about.

I think that's how most people are going to feel about it, unless they're the kind of people who just turn their brains off.
>>
>>64155773
>the reason no one used blasters is quite obvious
Well, what is it?

>>64155899
>by showing that no amount of training, robot reflex or quadruple lightsabers can help non-force user to stand their ground against actual jedi
He had Obi Wan on the ropes til he just gave up and shot the fucker
>>
>>64156320
It's a moot point anyways. The movie establishes that he can stop blaster fire with his mind
>>
>>64156173
You're missing the part where the only reason finn even took the lightsaber from maz was because there were no other weapons available at the time.
>>
>>64156357
>Well, what is it?
The fact that Kylo is able to stop every blaster fire in the movie, whether it be with his force powers or his lightsaber. Both Rey and Poe shoot at Kylo and fail to hit him
>>
>>64155373
>implying text on pic related
He had a lot of information about The First Order and the Death Star.
>>
>>64155373
OH MY GOD NEARLY 1,2K SHARES ON FACEBOOK AND 8 FUCKING HUNDRED COMMENTS
Star wars is finished
>>
File: new star wars audience.jpg (35 KB, 642x187) Image search: [Google]
new star wars audience.jpg
35 KB, 642x187
I hate people
>>
>>64156436
But why doesn't he use one? Or at the very least, just toss everyone's fire back at them, eliminating any need to even get close to opponents?
>>
File: just turn off your brain.jpg (28 KB, 676x142) Image search: [Google]
just turn off your brain.jpg
28 KB, 676x142
>>
>>64156511
He's completely right. The reason cinema sins is able to make 15 minute videos on objectively great films is because any narrative can be picked apart logically, particularly when it comes to fantasy. People are losing the ability to suspend disbelief for whatever reason
>>
>>64156511
>>64156597
based as fuck
/tv/edditors btfo
>>
>>64156527
Probably because he didn't have one, or he knew how Kylo handles blaster fire (he was his boss), so he doesn't even bother using one
>>
>>64156597
He has the gift of seeing how basically the movie is.
>>
File: goy[1].jpg (19 KB, 233x314) Image search: [Google]
goy[1].jpg
19 KB, 233x314
>>64155373
Does it really matter, the movie is on track to make a billion dollars.
Pretty sure the backers don't give 2 shits about whether or not the public likes it. All they care about is if the public paid to go see it.
>>
>>64156527
Why doesn't darth vader just force choke every main good character in the OT? Why doesn't the emperor use his "infinite power" to kill everyone?

Obviously the lightsaber is a superior weapon, it blocks blaster shots and can cut pretty much anything to pieces with one swing, and coupled together with the force, it's pretty OP. If you were a jedi or sith with why would you ever carry a blaster when you have a way better weapon on you already?
>>
>>64156407
Yeah why is that? Didn't Han give him a blaster rifle and when he walked out with those smugglers he still had it. Where did it go?
>>
>>64156724
>Why doesn't darth vader just force choke every main good character in the OT? Why doesn't the emperor use his "infinite power" to kill everyone?
Well, why don't they?
>>
File: 0sadfrog.jpg (6 KB, 178x181) Image search: [Google]
0sadfrog.jpg
6 KB, 178x181
>>64156597
This sort of thinking is how capeshit makes so much money.

It's not a positive sig of humanity as a species of free-thinkers.
>>
>>64156763
No. He gave rey his own blaster.
And he used to chewie's weapon.

Did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>64156597
>"Left my brain behind"
The new meme of TFA apologists
>>
LEFT MY BRAIN BEHIND
>>
> Paper that literally supported Hitler and is used as a punchline in the UK for bad journalism
> "Mainstream opinion"

kek
>>
>>64156357
>He had Obi Wan on the ropes til he just gave up and shot the fucker
Did you even watch the movie? Grievious didn't even last 5 minutes,lost three of his arms and ran like a bitch. Obi wan catched up to him,Grievious punched him in the face, Obi shot him and he exploded.
>>
>daily mail
>>
>>64156839
No Rey had that little white blaster, Han had his classic pistol still on him, chewie had his bowcaster, and Finn had a big rifle thing when they entered the bar. Finn asked Han to take the rifle back before he left with those smugglers and Han said "keep it" so where did it go?
>>
>>64155903
Poor Ki-Adi-Mundi...
Poor Ayylmao Secura
Poor Luminara Unduli
Poor dude that got rekt by Jango kek

Poor youngling that the Clones shot on the landing pad with Senator Organa
>>
>>64156839
nope, solo gave him a machine gun, this is a moment when finn tried to return it to him, but han said to just keep it
>>
>>64156777
When you nitpick movies to that degree it just trivializes the entire medium. Why doesn't batman just shoot his enemies? Why dont the Eagles just fly frodo to the top of the mountain?

You're a retard who doesn't understand the point of storytelling in movies
>>
File: Seriously.jpg (24 KB, 250x336) Image search: [Google]
Seriously.jpg
24 KB, 250x336
>>64156357
>He had Obi Wan on the ropes
>>
>>64156763
He had it during the assault on the base, did you even watch the movie
>>
>>64157011
They would be seen by Sauron.
That's the whole point of using just two weak midgets, they are invisible to the Eye.
>>
>>64156989
>Poor Ki-Adi-Mundi...
He was the best Jedi to play as in Battlefront II. He was a good friend.
>>
>>64156989
Jesus christ I swear /tv/ is taking years off my life with how much retardation I'm reading on this board lately.

If I'm not mistaken most if not all of those jedi you mentioned died in ep 2's big fight scene, where they were severely outnumbered until the clones got there, probably at least 10:1. Even if you're a magic sword wielding space wizard you have limits, and even though most of those Jedi could have deflected blaster shots from a few robots, 50 droids firing at once is kinda hard to defend against. At the end of the scene only the most experienced Jedi like obi wan, fisto, and windu are left. Windu also fucks jango up in that scene, proving that lightsabers are superior in a 1v1 encounter.

10/10 bait made me reply
>>
>>64157044
Yeah but I'm asking how he lost it during the assault at Maz's place to where he had to use a lightsaber.
>>
>>64156715
but if they dont like it they wont watch two next movies, and im pretty sure backers give more then one shit about this, considering they are already in production
>>
File: ad.jpg (100 KB, 324x480) Image search: [Google]
ad.jpg
100 KB, 324x480
Face it Disneydrones, prequels didn't have plot holes and protagonists made clever decisions all the time.
>>
>>64157001
That's not a real blaster, it's a replica. You can tell because it says replica on the side. Han's says desert eagle.
>>
>>64157011
>When you nitpick movies to that degree it just trivializes the entire medium.

The fact that it can be done is the problem, not me.
>>
File: viper6.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
viper6.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>64157184
>>
>>64157252
What the fuck am I even reading... Are you saying cinema/movies in general are all bad as a medium simply because there are plot holes in every movie ?
>>
>>64157174
Afaicr he was loading crates at the time so didn't have it on him and ran there or he was knocked by a blast and lost it
>>
>>64155373
I'm not a Star Wars fan, but I left my brain at the pop corn stand and enjoyed 2 hours of action packed adventure. It's fiction and a great film. There's no skill in nit picking like this.
>>
>>64157336
No, just an alarming number of fantasy films that have to sacrifice logic for elaborate laser light shows.

>>64156907
>>64157021
Oh, so, he wasn't hanging off of a ledge, disarmed and out of options?
>>
>>64157474
>implying giving Obi Wan the low ground was a good idea
Remember Darth Maul, faggot?
>>
>>64157378
we get it, you're cancer and proud. it's objectively a terrible movie for anyone not a mouth-breather.
>>
>>64155373
>trusting anything the Daily Mail says about anything ever
Top kek
>>
>>64157474
I'll respond to both points in the hopes that maybe my explanations might make you less of an idiot.

1. Obviously there are going to be some unbelievable things in a sci-fi movie, nearly every shot in every star wars movie contains something that doesn't coincide with reality as we know, even the way they travel through space doesn't really make sense, so a few discrepancies in "realism" don't really matter in the end.

2. He wasn't out of options, it's shown that obi wan is a very resourceful fighter, he's rarely completely out of a fight. He cut off 3 of grievous's arms beforehand and had him on the run the entire fight until grievous caught him with one lucky uppercut. Never was in danger really.
>>
>>64157934
>even the way they travel through space doesn't really make sense
But their space travel at least has its own internal logic and limitations (i.e. having to type in lightspeed coordinates to avoid winding up in a star and not being able to just teleport willy nilly). That's a great example of what these movies need more of and could accomplish if they dedicated just a little more imagination to giving these universes their own rules and not just relying on shit "looking cooler" for its own sake.
>>
>former janitor
Don't these shit-eaters know cleaning is part of a soldier's regular job?
Like, it's even a common joke in the military that everyone's secondary MoS is janitor.
Just because he did sanitation in that shield generator base doesn't mean he wasn't trained with shooting and combat and all that soldier stuff.
>>
>>64158192
lol ok senpai im tired of arguing over something I know you'll never get
>>
File: finn for idiots.jpg (16 KB, 201x235) Image search: [Google]
finn for idiots.jpg
16 KB, 201x235
>>64155773
this, pretty much invalidates the entire article
>>
>>64157011
>Why doesn't batman just shoot his enemies?
Because he doesn't want to use the weapon which killed his parents, and he's against murder.
>Why dont the Eagles just fly frodo to the top of the mountain?
Because the nazgul would reck their shit. You're basically asking why don't they just give Sauron the ring scot free.

Pointing out plotholes is not nitpicking. A story has to make sense within the context it creates for itself. That's the bare minimum you can demand of any given story.
>>
>Finn is a renegade stormtrooper who admits defecting just to save himself – yet the Resistance inexplicably trust him instantly and within minutes introduce him to Princess Leia and their top leaders.
Well this is pretty much how Lando became an alliance general
>>
>>64158653
and he brings the bb unit so necessary for the empire to the rebels
>>
The problem is that /tv/ is approaching these films like they're Brecht plays, but they're the opposite.

Star Wars films require the audience to give into catharsis. Its required. /tv/ refuses to for some reason, probably because of the mistaken assumption that enjoying a cathartic experience means they're somehow less of a person, when the reverse is true.
>>
>>64155373
That article gave me cancer
>>
>>64155373
DM is just a bunch of edgelords trying to get a reaction out of the public desu senpai
>>
>>64157172
>i-it's child's play!
>n-no wait fifty droids is t-too many!
excuses excuses
>>
>>64158653
one unarmed dude isn't much of a concern when the enemy is busy blowing up all your planets, it seems
>>
File: 1439463501364 (1).jpg (76 KB, 349x356) Image search: [Google]
1439463501364 (1).jpg
76 KB, 349x356
>>64158862
>just turn off ur brain ;)
>>
>>64155373
Does anyone even know what a plothole is?

The starkiller base being easy to destroy isn't a fucking plothole

most of these, maybe all of them I can't be bothered looking through that junk, are not plotholes

the falcon being in perfect condition isn't a fucking plothole

also
>BB-8
>her

Where does this even come from?
>>
>>64159048
he is right tho you dumb fucking frogposter
>>
>>64156376
>The movie establishes that he can stop blaster fire with his mind
and yet he can't easily beat a janitor armed with a second hand antique lightsaber :^)
>>
>>64159018
Ok nigga... Let me use an analogy so that maybe your small brain can understand. The best MMA fighter in the world could probably take 4 or 5 regular untrained guys in a fight, not easily but he could do it. However, if the odds were increased to 15 on 1, he has no hope despite him being able to cream any of them 1v1, as long as a person has limits they can be outnumbered.
>>
The real question is why Predator 2 has a better end fight than this trash. When ren was doing his 20 minute long 360 no scope finn should have done the same thing that Harrigan did.
>>
File: 1438548226485.jpg (8 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
1438548226485.jpg
8 KB, 180x180
>>64159109
Dumb flicks for dumb people.
Smart films for smart people.

I'm not arguing with that. Just don't ask me to take this kiddietrash seriously.
>>
>>64159182
>Frogposts
Considers himself to be smart
e b i n
>>
>>64159111
???
but he did beat the janitor
It took like 30 seconds
>>
File: 1437431437207.png (72 KB, 364x317) Image search: [Google]
1437431437207.png
72 KB, 364x317
>>64159208
>is incapable of even greentexting properly
>considers himself capable of evaluating the intelligence of strangers on the internet
Haha.
>>
>>64159111
The Roger Wilco effect.
>>
>>64159048
Star Wars is pretty much a vehicle to sell toys. It's one of my favorite franchises of all time but don't make it out to be more than it is.
>>
People expected a star wars film to not have plot holes? Morons.
>>
You guys hate everything
>>
File: 01.jpg (433 KB, 903x879) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
433 KB, 903x879
How much did the Disney shills pay to have the movie at 8.6?

at least it's getting a ton of negative feedback at IMDB
>>
It already made a billion. The fastest billion made actually.

Redditors ruined cinema
>>
>>64159146
So essentially what you're saying then is it's not child's play, and blaster weapons actually are a credible threat to force users.

:^)
>>
>>64159237
That's thirty seconds too long.
You think you could last thirty seconds in the ring with Mike Tyson?
>>
>>64159182

Except you are. That's why you're in this thread, shitting it up with arguments you've read somewhere else.

Clearly the signs of an intelligent person.
>>
>>64159111
He did beat him though. Also the novel (which is confirmed canon except for any part that directly contradicts the movies) stated that in addition to being blasted by Chewie, he was distracted by the horrible act of familial murder he had just committed and his Force powers actually weakened due to it rather than grow stronger as he thought they would.
>>
>>64159389
you are clearly retarded
I don't even know why am I replying to you
>>
File: 1343863332348.jpg (23 KB, 447x329) Image search: [Google]
1343863332348.jpg
23 KB, 447x329
>Stop everything - we lost a janitor
>It makes no sense that the First Order would care about an ex-janitor who goes missing from a vast stormtrooper force when they are focused on destroying planets and crushing the Resistance.

wow Daily Mail you are fucking stupid, they cared about the resistance fighter that he was travelling with and the map for finding Luke
>>
>>64156236
If I recall, his first "battle" was his platoon just fucking up a bunch of unarmed villagers. Not choosing to shoot civilians doesn't make you a pussy.
>>
>>64159468
>he thinks he could last thirty seconds in the ring with Tyson!
>>
>>64159499
last (You)
have fun
>>
>>64159345

Why would you give imdb users any more credit than the mouth-breathing vermin here on /tv/...?
>>
>>64159345
>Essentially what if feels like is a reboot of the original series, only this time for kids
>this time
LOL.
>>64159427
No, the guy I initially replied to was basically saying that SW should get some special pass and be judged on some alternative scale to other films. That I disagree with. I understand why this tripe must exist, and that is of no consequence to me personally.
>arguments you've read somewhere else
Baseless accusations will get you nowhere, friend.
>>
>>64159491
Was he really even a Janitor at that point in the movie? Didn't he say that was his job while at Starkiller Base? Remember that he was stationed on a ship at the beginning of the movie.
>>
File: Platoon_2.jpg (70 KB, 601x323) Image search: [Google]
Platoon_2.jpg
70 KB, 601x323
>>64159498
>Not choosing to shoot civilians doesn't make you a pussy.
That sounds like a load of pussy talk to be perfectly honest.
>>
>>64155773
>Finn gets pushed mach the entire fight
>Ren is obviously toying with him, flourishing his saber around
>gets a minor cut because Ren is still a noob, gets mad and finishes Finn off easily

>Rey fights worse than Finn
>Ren doesn't want to kill her because Snoke said not to, so is really just pushing her back and exhausting her
>She has fighting experience with that staff thing already
>after tapping into dark side she is able to overpower Ren, this is his first serious lightsaber fight after all so he's inexperienced
>Ren looses but escapes with only minor injuries
>>
>>64159491
also in a totalitarian gov every cog is accounted for. its not like a democracy where you could die in a basement and not be discovered for 20 years
>>
>>64156777
Powers like push and choke either require a great deal of concentration, energy, or both. It's the only explanation that makes any sense.
>>
>>64159575
I disagree, but I fucking love that movie.
>>
>>64159547

Fine, but your attitude that the ability and/or desire to experience a cathartic work makes the viewer less intelligent than someone who refuses all catharsis is still wrong. Its shitty, holier-than-though grandstanding and you're not fooling anyone with it.
>>
File: 1445244007901.png (353 KB, 397x397) Image search: [Google]
1445244007901.png
353 KB, 397x397
>>64159268
>is a faggot
>>
>>64159345
>the most intriguing supernatural philosophy in all of moviedom
>there is space magic and it has good and evil sides to it
well argued sir I tip my fedora to you
>>
>>64159575
I don't think you quite understood that movie
Or this one for that matter
>>
>>64156597

BRAVE
R
A
V
E

NEW
E
W

WORLD
O
R
L
D
>>
>>64159089
Starkiller base's construction is a plot hole. Rey's sudden and unexplained master of EVERYTHING is a plot hole.
>>
>>64156907
In the animated series, Grevious took out squads of Jedi on his own. Mace Windu force crushed his chest, resulting in the cough you hear in ep 3, so he wasn't as strong as before.
>>
>>64159345
>Prequelshits sperg out on IMDB forums cause the PT wasn't this well received
K E K M A O
>>
File: what 2.jpg (14 KB, 145x246) Image search: [Google]
what 2.jpg
14 KB, 145x246
>>64159940
>Starkiller base's construction is a plot hole
>>
>>64159146
No MMA fighter can realistically defend against multiple combatants attacking at once. Three neckbeard losers attacking at the same time could put down Royce Gracie pretty easily.
>>
>>64159954
He had encountered squads of Jedi and not one thought to use the Force on this obviously non-force sensitive robot?
>>
why was the tropper bleeding?

star wars weapons don't draw blood.
>>
>>64159740
>>64159828
i trickt u.
>>
>>64160234

It was spaghetti, same for Kylo Ren.
>>
>>64160254
>reddit backpedaling
>>
>>64157262

yfw he's right
>>
>>64160464
I got the guy to relent f.am, I didn't need to backpedal. Keep dreaming tho ;)
>>
>>64160528

Relent? More like you can't defend your shitty attitude. And now have to resort to memes to insulate yourself from your failure as a person.
>>
Fucking newfags fagging it up in here. Sit the fuck down moisture farmer and listen to someone that was there from the beginning. That's right, someone who saw Star Wars when it first came out, as a kid. Saw all of the films in the theater, grew up on LucasArts EU games, and read the novels.

The new movie is just as good as Star Wars, because Star Wars isn't as good as you think it is. You've grown up with the hype of Star Wars without seeing what it came from. It's a very simple re-hash of the hero's journey with space samurai and WW2 fighter footage. It's just a re-hash of Flash Gordon. For all that it was at the right place at the right time to be a blockbuster. It spoke to kids my age about being good guys or bad guys and using cool laser swords. That's it, that's the trick. It's not that special.

So fast forward through all this shit and we get to today when a good space romp featuring our past comes out. Bad guys are bad, good guys are good, it gives you this feeling of a simple no snark, no winking nod, just agreeing to see the world in a simple good and evil way. The Force Awakens is exactly as good as the original, not because it's spectacular, but because the original isn't as good as it's made out to be. It's still good, but it's not Citizen Kane, because it was never trying to be. The Force Awakens is like coming home after being away at university, or the army for four years. Everything is the same, but its all changed... because you've changed. You're not seeing it through the eyes of a child any more. So... you can't let go. You can't find that childlike joy at good guys in spaceships shooting bad guys in giant death machines while someone grows up and finds out they're super powered awesomeness who get to use laser swords. It's really as simple as that, but so many can't be happy with that any more.
>>
>>64156597
JUST
TURN
YOUR
BRAIN
OFF
AND
GIVE
US
MONEY
>>
>>64159978
The whole setup is a plot hole. Map to find luke, massive child theft going unnoticed by the republic, a planet being retrofitted drawing no attention... Its fucking awful, and makes TPM look like god damn Shakespeare
>>
>>64160598
>>64159740
>Fine
Sorry u got goof'd, friendo.
>>
>>64160730
literally reddit
>>
>>64160748
>>64160748
Literally analpained.
>>
>>64160657

^ This

/tv/ can't enjoy it because they are dead inside. Look forward ti seeing you cucks on the news after you fail to shoot up a school. Better get to work on your manifestos where you whine about not having a girlfriend.
>>
>>64160706
Well if the spectacle is worth it sure
>>
>>64160730

Who do you think you're impressing? that that Anon took your word for it on a clarification doesn't mean he's wrong. Are you this much of a child?
>>
>>64160835
that's your choice, but don't tell ME to turn MY brain off when i use it to critique a movie you like
>>
>>64160835
What spectacle? Even EA battlefront offers more. At they include 4(four) fighters and 5(FIVE) planets on which things explode.
>>
>>64160885
>replying twice
LITERALLY angry about my tomfoolery.
>>
>>64160921
yeah for like 120$
>>
>>64160903

You're not critiquing a movie if you refuse to consider what the film's primary objective is and putting it in its proper frame of reference. You're just being a butthurt manchild whining that a children's movie isn't high art.
>>
>>64160903
Okay, dont expect ne to take ur sooper smart and serius deconstruction of a children's movie serious though. It's like, yeah, I get that that steven segall movie is stupid, you dont have to tell me that, im just looking for a good time
>>
File: 1341954472371.jpg (122 KB, 428x478) Image search: [Google]
1341954472371.jpg
122 KB, 428x478
>>64160657
>The new movie is just as good as Star Wars, because Star Wars isn't as good as you think it is.
Stopped reading right here.

No one who saw the first SW in theaters would say this.

Nice try, millennial scum.
>>
>>64160972

You seem awfully defensive, Steve.
>>
>>64160988
Nah its like down to 60 already, and I paid $40 to see this turd in theatres. Its sad battlefront, whike complete shit, has ended up the better buy
>>
>>64155373
max landis go to bed
>>
>>64161031
back at u f.am.
>>
>>64160972

>> haha I was just pretending to be retarded
>>
>>64161004
>>64160993
>you're missing the point
>it's SUPPOSED to be bad!

>>>/r/starwars
>>
>>64161086
Are you autistic?
>>
>>64159491
um, a soldier deserting his platoon to join the other side is actually a pretty big fucking deal
>>
File: db0.jpg (26 KB, 349x642) Image search: [Google]
db0.jpg
26 KB, 349x642
>>64160972
>>64161060
classic reddit
>>
>>64161076
Holds true more often than not, famalam. Or are you ACTUALLY implying that people don't shittalk and falseflag and bait?

u that naive, familia?
>>
>>64161116
Shhhhhhhut up, im trying to pick nits
>>
>>64161086

You're not a critic mate. Stick to leeching unemployment from the government.
>>
>>64161130
classic obsessed with reddit
>>
>>64161130
See >>64161134 my family.
>>
>>64161097
>oh fuck anon doesn't like our new guardians of the galaxy i mean star wars moie
>i can't formulate an argument so i'll just call him autistic
>>
>>64161005

And if you stopped reading, then more the pity. Don't get me wrong, I loved Star Wars as a kid. I could be an awesome space guy with my laser sword killing bad guy space troopers. However as I grew up I was able to take a look at the film with fresh eyes. It'll always have a place in my heart, but at the end of the day Star Wars is a good space fantasy escapist piece, not a deep meaningful commentary on the human existence, and that's FINE. It changed cinema by being the right thing at the right place at the right time, when we were all depressed as shit by the 70's and needed a nice simple escape to good guys vs bad guys.
>>
>>64161134

Inreally just wanna see the depths you'll go to to have the last word so by all means continue. I came here exclusively today to get people like you buttflustered and I'm quite pleased.
>>
>>64161185
I dont give a heck what you like, im not even much of a SW fan honestly. Your critique is just stupid though
>>
>>64156616
Suspending disbelief isn't the problem. The problem is that certain aspects of this movie don't make sense within the context of the established universe.
>>
>>64161247
Too late my familia, I've already played the bait card.
>>
>>64161256
i'm not even the guy you're responding to, i just hate when fanboys try to shut down any negative discussion about their movie
>>
>>64161294
O i laffin
>>
>>64160657

>sit down and shut up I'm the authority on what you like about star wars

Fuck off nigger.
>>
>>64156436
He sure did stop chewie's bowcaster!

>b-b-ut he was emotionally unstable!

So he is now and now he is even wounded thus using a blaster would make more sense
>>
>>64159309
movies preceded the Toys with lucas, sorry reddit
>>
>>64155373
Oh yeah baby the general public is being convinced to dislike something I dislike despite the fact they liked it initially! Score one for this bad boy who needs people to agree with him in order to feel like his opinion is valid!

Lmao 2bh fa,m you're probably hoping the mainstream opinion is turning so that you can finally admit you liked the movie without having a popular opinion
>>
>>64159575
This. Shooting civilians is how you become a man. Killed my fair share in Fallujah.
>>
>>64161378

>>>/pol/
and stay there
>>
>Han Solo and Rey know that BB-8 is the most wanted droid in the universe, but rather than leave her safely in the Millennium Falcon they take her to a bar so dangerous that Han warns Rey not to even look at anyone inside. And is a bar filled with the most unsavoury characters in the cosmos really the best place to keep Luke Skywalker’s priceless lightsaber, in an unlocked box in an unguarded basement?

Seems That bar was in the hosnian system (same system as new republic capital) so it probably seemed safe. The bar seemed pretty tame other than spies. It's not like they were expecting the republic capital to get destroyed, along with it the republic fleet which for some reason was massed there all in one place.
>>
>Reading "crotchety old people and middle aged toff women: the newspaper"
>>
>>64161452
And the recent movies, even the prequels, are made to sell merchandise. Search your feelings.
>>
File: Cyrano.jpg (24 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Cyrano.jpg
24 KB, 400x300
>>64161378

Damn, you found out my secret melanin count! Your insult skill are preternaturally good. You could have called me an overbearing, insufferable, know-it-all. You could have argued against my opinions and countered with the cultural significance of the original movie. You could have accepted that someone was using an easily understood "old-timer" metaphor for laughs. But no, when it came time to stand against an opinion, the best that you could come up with was "nigger".

You are what's wrong with internet discussion. Not an ounce of creativity in that shriveled prune you keep inside your cranium. If you're going to insult me good sir, then INSULT me!
>>
>>64160711
Do you know what a plot hole is?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (57 KB, 634x260) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
57 KB, 634x260
lel this is true, did they cut the scene where they got rid of the tracker?
>>
Neat, after that /tv/ will start liking it and shitting on prequels again.
>>
>>64159556
That's a great point, I forgot the Poe rescue was on that black star destroyer thing.

I get the feeling they use stormtroopers as laborers until they're old enough to fight, probably helps break their will too.
>>
>>64155373
> Pete the Brickie, Site, United Kingdom, 22 hours ago
It's fiction and a great film. There's no skill in nit picking like this.
>>
>>64161978

There wasn't a tracker, Han just wanted to get the droid on a ship that wasn't already being searched for, like the falcon.

Its like changing vehicles out of sight of the cops during a police pursuit.
>>
>>64161452
Do some research retard
Han Solo was supposed to die in RotJ but it would've had bad effect on the toy sales
Also the prequel trilogy is nothing but a 8 hour long toy commercial
>>
>>64162177
Yeah but they didn't change cars and the cars just forgot about it
>>
File: star-wars-new-galaxy-map-160952.jpg (186 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-new-galaxy-map-160952.jpg
186 KB, 900x1200
>>64161828
Official map from Disney/LA. Maz is on Takodana
>>
>>64156447
>Nothing, I said nothing.
>>
>>64162229

They were able to see the Hosnian system being destroyed from thousands of light years away on Takodana...

Someone get me Neil deGrasse Tyson
>>
>>64157845
copypasta, me hardy
>>
>>64162306
JJ did the same thing with Spocks world. Nigga has no sense of scale
>>
>>64162306
When it comes to certain small details you really do have to turn your brain off in most sci-fi and fantasy. Star Wars is no exception.
>>
>>64162342
Or he chooses to ignore it for sake of dramatic effect.
>>
>>64162363
Thats a pretty big fuvking detail, especially when they could have shown Rey feeling it through the force instead. But nope... we get JJed
>>
>>64157172
The only one I listed that died in Ep. II wad the guy that Jango killed.

Yeah, you might wanna double check who the retard is.
>>
>>64162474
No JJ, it just looks fucking stupid
>>
>>64162363
>>64162474
Both of these, however if >>64162306 wants the turbo autist explanation they do call it a hyperspace weapon and the beam itself is moving faster than the speed of light so you can just say the photons it's giving off also move faster than the speed of light.
>>
>>64157172
>proving that lightsabers are superior

Then how did the guy that Jango double tapped get BTFO faster than Eeth Koth?

Hell, Jango didn't even draw until he jumped up on the balcony.

You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>64155373

>based daily mail

being this desperate, "muh contrarian viewpoint"
>>
>>64162583
Why apologise for bad cinema? How much is disney paying these days?
>>
>>64162583
Except the beam was literally not moving at light speed either...

Where did they say the planet was in a different system though? I assumed they spared the one with rei et al. cuz they were looking for the droid
>>
>>64162583

Why not just move Takodana so it borders the Hosnian system instead? These are new planets to the canon.
>>
>>64162691
From disney itself >>64162229

Probably also mentioned in other canon sources that takodana isnt hosnian
>>
>>64162786
Not in the movie so it ain't canon
>>
>>64160109

the kaleesh were occasionally force sensitive so it wouldn't be surprising if dooku had helped train him in that too
not to mention windu is a powerful force user

(if you go by the EU which shits all over 7)
>>
>/pol/ fags hate this movie
>dailymail is the first general newspaper to shit on TFA

checks out
>>
>>64162764
Because then you have to explain how the first order got ships all the way to the galactic core that fast? Not that it wasnt far to fast as it is
>>
>>64160234

bowcasters fire projectiles
>>
>>64159940
>plot hole

I bet you enjoy YouTube film criticisms
>>
File: UbH63Ht.png (3 MB, 1908x4870) Image search: [Google]
UbH63Ht.png
3 MB, 1908x4870
>>64162817
Way more than movies are canon, though 7 shits all over the other 6 anyways in far more than just moving planets around.
>>
>>64162817

autism: the post
>>
>>64155903
>deflecting blaster shots is literally child's play.

I guess Kylo Ren should have stopped Chewbaccas blast then. oops!
>>
>>64161962
A plot hole is anything i don't like, or when a character acts differently than I would in a similar situation (even though I've never been in such a situation)
>>
>>64162932
>I seriously consider the EU

The only autism is buying into the lore of a children's series so seriously
>>
>>64162919

>7 better than the other six

hang yourself right now
coming from the same person saying a shitty mobile game is a canonical source
>>
>>64159940
Not unexplained
She clearly has history with the "force" (dream sequence)
Also it's heavily implied she came to realize her powers when Ren's Interrogation backfired.
>>
>>64162953
That's a bowcaster not a blaster pay attention
>>
>>64162953

probably more to do with his precog not being up to scratch considering he'd just knocked his old man off desu
>>
>>64162953
He was crying and just did something traumatic, no shit he wasn't focusing
>>
>>64162986

>implying that ep 7 holds even a shred of light to the awesome books and comics that made up the EU

kill
your
self
>>
>>64162953
He murdered his fater few seconds before
>>
>>64163067
Not my point.
>>
>>64162991
Jeez, where do you get all of this? Don't tell me you watched the movie.
>>
>>64163100

then why would you consider a piece of shit by disney to be more important than the original books and series that were actually decent

because mickey said you had to?
>>
>>64162817
Wrong. Given that unlike in the lucas arts' case where licenses were handlet out left and right, the new EU is being developed in close connection with the movies (and actually serves as official extension of the universe instead of just licenses fan fiction)

So yeah the new EU is more canon than the old EU ever was.
>>
>>64162989
No. Im saying it shits all over them in disregarding universal rules like hyperspace or that the galaxy went from 100% charted in 2 to massively uncharted by 7. Its just stupid things just because they can now that they hold the IP
>>
>>64163111
I did
>>
>>64155373
Star Wars 7 - $544 million in 1.5 weeks

I want Abatap back. Just to see his mental breakdown.
>>
>>64163089
so?
>>
>>64163175
>implying that's not just disney being greedy jews

>>64163179
>the jedi purge ended up in the destruction of a lot of the libraries
didn't think that was really hard to grasp

>hyperspace
oh, one neat little difference means that the whole film is vastly superior
yeah sure why not
>>
>>64157172
Most of them were killed in E3 during Order 66 but the reasons they died were about the same
>>
>>64163450
Oh it is Disney being greedy jews, but so was Lucas Arts. However Disney atleast tries to preserve the universe's integrity by connecting EU to the movies directly. Dont get me wrong, i like lot of old EU stories, and i will keep reading them.

But the way Disney handles the EU is billion times better.
>>
>>64158398
You're taking about a community that is at least 70% neets or would-be neets. Literally about the farthest thing from a soldier one can find.
>>
>>64162686
>a movie is ruined if it doesn't follow muh hard physics
nope

>>64162691
Yeah it is. When you see it come out of the base from where the stormtroopers are on the base it's pretty instantaneous. It moves slowest when Finn and Han are looking at it. It has a speed in between those two when you see it flying through the system splitting (planets in view). When the people on the planet that's blowing up see it, it's just a glow that grows larger in the sky.

I really doubt the math lines up with the reality, but there's enough there to have it make sense in the loose physics of the Star Wars universe.
>>
>>64164018
If you can see it before it hits you then it's not moving faster than light
>>
>>64162817
I guess the name "Tatooine" wasn't canon until TPM then.
>>
>>64163179
>the galaxy went from 100% charted in 2
Just because we know where stars are doesn't mean we know everything about their planets.
>>
>>64164077
So you jumped in part way through this "how can they see the hypserspace beam weapon" discussion huh? I'm the guy saying the turbo autist explanation can just be since it's a hyperspace weapon the light coming off it can also be moving faster than normal light would.
>>
Why is it basically not allowed to dislike the movie?

Virtually any article or video not agreeing that the movie is amazing gets nothing but negative replies/ratings
>>
>>64163179
The OT plays it pretty loose with prequel canon too :^)
>>
>>64164461
It's not the popular consensus.

Not that hard to grasp is it?
>>
>>64164274
They literally arent able to find like an eigth of the galaxy in 7. Its stupid as hell
>>
>>64164848
>thinking that map represented the entire galaxy
You have no idea how large a galaxy is
>>
>>64164910
Got a pic to back that up?
>>
File: space is big.jpg (120 KB, 707x344) Image search: [Google]
space is big.jpg
120 KB, 707x344
>>64164848
By your logic we know every corner of this galaxy in the pic just because we have a picture of it.
That's not how space works.
>>
>>64165182
But to use hyperspace you need accurate up to the minute starmaps + again its stated in 2 the entire thing is mapped.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
>>64165113
There you go.

That's what a lump of hundreds of billions of stars looks like.
>>
>>64164910
It sure as shit looked like the entire galaxy
>>
>>64165499
and the full map in 7.... ?
>>
>>64165539
I don't have a screenshot of it. But I can damn well remember making out individual stars from it so it couldn't have been a full galaxy.
>>
>>64165430
>But to use hyperspace you need accurate up to the minute starmaps
Yeah, if you're flying around that space. Just because the republic/new republic doesn't have it mapped doesn't mean the First Order doesn't. Presumably you can always jump as far as your sensors reach, it's not like Han was connecting to the nav-computer internet his computer was calculating shit.

>again its stated in 2 the entire thing is mapped
Then get me the line, I don't recall it happening that but I'm not perfect.
>>
>>64165499
Yeah the rebel scum had no base left so they left the galaxy to regroup.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-22-21-55-25.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-22-21-55-25.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>64155899
High ground ?
>>
>>64165704
"if its not in our systems, it doesnt exist"
>>
File: 42673568.png (45 KB, 150x175) Image search: [Google]
42673568.png
45 KB, 150x175
>>64161978
Don't you get it? Media is crafted for Millennial consumption now, because the Millennial generation are the current "commercially viable" generation. Everyone knows that Millennials are completely fucktarded, so they make the media accordingly.
>>
>article refers to BB-8 as her

i want this meme to end
>>
>>64165925
>implying everyone here isn't a millennial
>>
>>64165897
So they've mapped the entire universe also? That's next level shit mang.
>>
>p-please reinforce my line of thinking: the thread
>>
Is it okay to come out now and say that you liked Episode 1-3? Because I did.
Droids and even more badass Stormtroppers? I still dont understand how everybody could hate the movies.
>>
>>64165925
>imagery and ideas from the past
>in a style made for 'today's' audiences
You're describing the original star wars though
>>
>>64165897
I know it's kind of retarded but I think that knowledge was supposed to be lost when Anakin and the clonetroopers razed the Jedi temple.

The map probably wasn't publically shared information because the Jedi were assholes.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.