[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did he lose?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 5
File: latest[1].png (1 MB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
1 MB, 800x800
How did he lose?
>>
He didn't.
>>
He meditated to forsee possible futures and decided to an hero, because he found about how he fucked up with anakin.
>>
>>64154129
The plot called for it.
>>
>>64154154
>oh shit that kid is gonna fuck everything up
>better blame this shit on my worthless padawan
>i hate my life anyway
>>
>>64154129
He lost the high ground
>>
Form IV against an opponent who is more acrobatic than you is death.
>>
>>64154190
Darth Maul is 5 foot 9 and Liam Neeson is 6 foot 4. Impossible.
>>
He was literally the worst Jedi Duelist, i don't know why he is classified as a guardian instead of a Jedi that does PR or some shit.
>>
He was drinking through the entire movie
>>
He didn't spin enough
>>
>>64154129
Because lets face it Qui Gon is a generation of Jedi who grew way too comfy, had no real enemies and served mostly as diplomats. He probably didnt spar in ages.
>>
>>64154129
He wasn't that good at fighting, so when Dark Mall headbutted him it caught him off guard
>>
>>64154248

Lanklets. When will they learn?
>>
>>64154344
And it was a spiky headbutt too, that probably compounded the issue.
>>
>>64154342
this makes me wonder.

everyone says Windu, Dooku, Yoda and Obi-Wan were fucking goat duelist, could they beat someone from the past? like someone from the sith wars?
>>
>>64154189
>sent to some random planet to mediate peace or some shit
>stupid faggot padawan keeps complaining
>get stuck with a mentally retarded alien rabbit
>fuck this

>Kidnap loli-princess and buy a random slave boy

The fuck was Qui-Gon even doing?
>>
>>64154129
It always amazes me how they wasted such an awesome actor like Liam Neeson on such a shitty role.
>>
>>64154342
He was also more of a philosopher than a fighter
>>
>>64154261
didn't he used a lightsaber form that relied on lots of movement and didn't work so great in small area's.
even that green alien jedi that tried to attack dooku only to be shot by jango fett used the form and he got owned quickly also.

obi changed to a different form that focuses on total defence and using your opponents strenght against them
>>
jedi got fat and lazy without an opponent

at least that's my head canon
>>
As Anakin's father he knew his destiny was to become part of the dark side so he decided to die.
>>
>>64154129
>>64154153
>>64154154
>>64154190
>>64154261
>>64154619
did you see him attack after this wall went down?
he completely lost control of his jedi ways and went completely ballistic and agressive as fuck, abandoning the most basic jedi shit
>>
>>64154727
what... absolutely not, if something he was more focused on the jedi way, he was fighting with more control but it wasn't enough.
>>
He surrendered himself to the force and let it guide his movements.
He cleared his mind, and asked the midichlorians
>what kind of fight do you want
And they fucked his shit up.
>>
The entire fight was fucking stupid and it was the highlight of the first episode.

Any hardcore SW fans want to explain to me the significance of this fight besides the old useless bastard dying?
>>
>>64154129
>>64154727
>>64154773
>>64154781
>>64154852
does someone have the webm of their fight
>>
>>64154485
Yoda a goat duelist ? I dont know about that, but Windu and Obi-Wan were some of the few who kept in shape. I mean look how patheticaly most of the Jedi Council died. Killed by few clones and stabbed by Sheev before they could even react.
>>
>>64154852
I'm pretty sure, based on the title "Duel of the Fates", it was supposed to symbolize Anakin's career as a Jedi/Sith. The Jedi start by outnumbering the Sith, the Sith seems to get the high ground, then at the last minute the Jedi wins.
>>
>>64155101
And it's the moment where Anakin's fate is basically sealed: Sheev loses his apprentice, Anakin loses his master.
>>
>>64155037
yoda was one of the strongest jedi, you don't get there without being at least very proficient in the art of the sword.
i mean yes his specialty was the force but he had a good sword.
>>
>>64154129
he didn't have enough room to perform his favorite fighting style
>>
>>64154496
Living the dream.
>>
>>64155309
Of course he was good. He was a master for hundereds of years possibly, but still I dont think he was ever considered one of the top.
>>
He's old.
>>
>>64155432

So was Sheev
>>
>>64155494

Sheev is Dark Lord of the Sith and still almost lost to Dindu
>>
>>64154542
Liam Neeson has done a lot of shitty roles, most of his movies actually
>>
>>64155539
Your point ? Dindu was one of the best, no shame in that.
>>
File: 1444651106469.jpg (259 KB, 921x754) Image search: [Google]
1444651106469.jpg
259 KB, 921x754
>>64155539
>almost lost to Dindu
I'm getting tired of this meme. Sheev intentionally lost to Windu in order to get Anakin to turn.
>>
>>64155654
>>64155539
>not knowing sheev threw the fight to force anakin's hand

>>64155432
>>64155494
They both compensate with force attuned movement
>>
>>64155731
>>64155910
Wasn't sheev already on the ground up against the wall before Anakin came in?
>>
>>64156191
Yeah, but he already knew Anakin was coming
>>
>>64156191
Yes. By the time Anakin was on the floor, Sheev was crawling towards the wall.

On another note, why the fuck did Windu windup for a swing. Nigga has a lightsaber and he doesn't just poke Sheev's head.
>>
>>64156191

He sensed him coming.

Idk if Windu could have beaten him or not. What was way too obvious (to the point you thought "wow Anakin are you dumb don't you see he's playing the victim") is that by the end of the battle Sheev was holding his power, waiting for Anakin to react, and then he goes UNLIMITED POWAAAH when he sees he's convinced Anakin.

Btw, I didn't realize the UNLIMITED POWAH phrase until I rewatched Ep III yesterday. That one was cringey,
>>
>>64155731
>>64155910

Why do you get so upset Sheev lost to Windu ? Its ok, no need to get all defensive about it.
>>
>>64154129
Mace was a competent saber master. If Qui Gon was a duellist like his master he would have won for if you remember, Form 2 dealt with Yoda's form 4 almost flawlessly.

Maul used a type of form 4, if memory serves.

For ageing strong force users, form 2 would be better suited. the only thing form 2 suffers from is the inability to deflect blaster fire effectively.

Yoda was a form 4 as was Qui Gon, but Yoda used it a whole lot faster than Jinn could.
>>
Forms aren't canon and have no bearing on Episode 1.
>>
>>64155639
yeah but still

Samuel L. Jackson as a jedi
Liam Neeson as a jedi
Fucking Ewan McGrefor as Obi-wan

If the prequels never happened this would sound like an unfuckable cast
>>
>>64156746
>Forms aren't canon

yes they are
>>
>>64156599
Maul used form 7.
>>
>>64156746
>Forms aren't canon
Nope, the forms are still canon.
>>
>>64154129
He got stabbed through the stomach. I thought that was made pretty clear.
>>
>>64155267
hily shit. that's actual pottery
>>
>>64157287
Yeah things probably would have worked out better if Obi-Wan had died frankly. No wonder he feels so guilty.
>>
>>64154129
Because Jedi are space cucks.
>>
>>64156746
>>64157026
>>64157051
That they exist are still canon, but the specifics aren't.
>>
>>64156599
that EU shit is dead, fat fuck

get rekt
>>
>>64156599
look at this display of faggotry. Truly a dying breed.
>>
>>64155392
It's literally in the movie, clones or revenge. Anakin brags about being badass with the saber, and Obi-Wan tells him that he has a lot to learn to match Master Yoda.
>>
>>64155731
>Sheev intentionally lost to Windu
I'm getting tired of this meme. Windu won, so says the director of the film.
>>
>>64156746
People who try to apply the EU forms to the movies are literally retarded. The filmmakers never even heard of that shit. And idiots that apply fan fiction writing to the movies trigger me.
>>
>>64157653
This. It's pure confirmation bias.
>>
>>64154925
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHqdESArkqU
>>
Why does it need to have an "explanation". Darth Maul was simply better and killed him.

I mean, it's battle to death, so it's not like you ge second chancea. Even if he was a better swordman, statistically he could still lose and he did.

Battles aren't only about powerlevels you autistic fucks
>>
>>64157615
the director, the creator, several people involved in this and the facts.

but nooo dude sheev lost on purpose sure.
>>
File: JedivsSith.png (726 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
JedivsSith.png
726 KB, 1024x768
>>64154129

Qui-Gon was an average duelist at best, he barely got out of Tatooine alive
>>
File: jar jar is key.jpg (209 KB, 1598x684) Image search: [Google]
jar jar is key.jpg
209 KB, 1598x684
>>64157976
>Darth Maul was simply better and killed him
But if you look at the choreography of the duel, it doesn't look that way. It looks like he was choreographed to lose to Maul on purpose. Both him and Obi had multiply chances to stab straight at him, but instead chose to whirl around like ballerinas.
>see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw

This has been discussed in various Star Wars forums, and two popular theories are that a) the Dark Side of the Force blinded them, as they weren't used to a Sith presence of such nature, and b) the Light Side actually sacrificed Qui-Gon (for various hypothesized reasons). Another theory is simply that it was poor doing on Lucas's part, him being a hack, etc, but that's one I don't agree with, as going down that path makes any discussion of the movies irrelevant if they can just be attributed to mishaps on Lucas's part.
>>
>>64158392
>But if you look at the choreography of the duel, it doesn't look that way.

The fight would last 10 seconds otherwise.

Everything else is star wars wiki-tier autistic theories and nitpicking.
>>
>>64154129
Worst film ever made?
>>
>>64154485
Yoda probably was before he was 800 years old or whatever
>>
>>64155392
still not bedt duelist.. look at windu - vapaad was op as fuck
>>
>>64158709
>vapaad was op as fuck
really only on windu, every other practitioner fell to the dark side or died
>>
>>64156599
what the FUCK are you even talking about, are you fucking high?
>>
>>64157615
shitty choreography of fight didn't help the wiever
>>
>>64158450
>The fight would last 10 seconds otherwise
Why would it have to? Plenty of films have depicted engaging sword fights in more realistic a manner. Only difference here is Lucas obviously wanted to portray some sort of "mystic" element, and how the force is utilized in lightsaber combat. But he couldn't pull it off as there's just too many elements of the Force that Obi and Qui-Gon simply seem to ignore or forget in their fight (force speed, etc).

And furthermore, a 10 second fight wouldn't be outright bad. Maybe anticlimactic for a final duel, but certainly not unrealistic; you've got a plasma beam in your hand capable of slicing through flesh instantly, with your enemy the same, and realistically you'd use it quick and dirty the way it's made to be utilized. You don't twirl uselessly with a gun, or blaster while purposefully missing - you aim and shoot. The same should apply to a lightsaber.
>>
>>64158872
You are doing ti again.

There is no need for explanation or theories,

99% of movies, plot points or action sequences in the history of cinema would not exist, if everything was logically structured

>why didn't the eagles

etc.
>>
File: 5rgwGh.jpg (107 KB, 1024x699) Image search: [Google]
5rgwGh.jpg
107 KB, 1024x699
>>64158392
>But if you look at the choreography of the duel, it doesn't look that way.

Which is why the overly choreographed, ninja flipping bullshit saber duels of the prequels are so terrible. Everything is too flippy and fancy. I really like that the new film brought back the original's style of wielding light sabers like broadswords, and just trying to beat the fuck out of each other.
>>
Qui Gon was to Obi Wan, what Obi Wan was to Luke, simple as that.
>>
>>64158967
Nice strawman, you sure showed me and proved your point of...discrediting me with a fallacy?

You're also wrong, as there is such a thing as suspension of disbelief, which works on a scale. You make it sound like you swallow every little thing no matter how ridiculous, which must be pretty boring as then there's no discerning quality from garbage and everything blends into one "I liked it" movie.

Anyway, I won't humor you further.

>>64159022
I agree, it was great. Each swing had such weight to it, and there was no bullshit twirling to prolong the fight, rather only a sense of desperation hacking away at each other.
>>
He has lost the will to live
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.