[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tv/ made up their mind to hate TFA the moment it was clear that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: TFA.jpg (194 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TFA.jpg
194 KB, 1920x1080
/tv/ made up their mind to hate TFA the moment it was clear that the stars would be a black male and white female.

Obviously TFA had its negatives, but its nowhere near as extreme as /tv/ pretends.
>>
>>64149838
hi jj
>>
MARY SUE XD
>>
>>64149838
Why is Kenshin in that pic? that's literally taking from his first live movie.
>>
>>64149838
It's worse than the prequels. At least the prequels FEEL like Star Wars. This new flick is basically a just a commercial.
>>
>>64149925
>At least the prequels FEEL like Star Wars
What the fuck does that mean? The prequels feel nothing like the OT so how do they feel like Star Wars?
>>
>>64149838
Nah. /tv/ wanted to hate TFA the moment it came out since it's so popular. 4chan and /tv/ are just a bunch of contrarian teenagers or 20 and 30-somethings who still have the mental capacities of edgy teenagers.
>>
Hello reddit
>>
That's when I thought I probably wouldn't like it and then I saw the movie and it was legit awful.

So yeah, turns out I was right all along.
>>
>>64149838
It's a Disney movie directed by jar jar, that's enough of a reason to not like it.
>>
Star Wars: The Forced Meme Awakens

>/tv/ changed its mind on the black guy
>>
>>64150030

Confirmation bias is nasty isn't it?
>>
My wifes son loved it.
>>
>>64150094
So is the fallacy fallacy. A real bitch.
>>
I watched it and quite enjoyed it. I wasn't blown away and I felt all the way through it that it wasn't being very original.

After I came to /tv/ and saw the slew of crap people were saying about it. I ended up being convinced it was a shit film.

Went to see it again a few days later, with all the criticisms in my head, and, actually, a lot of them are present, but grossly exaggerated by /tv/'s inherent cynicism.

For me, it's main let-down is its pandering to the original trilogy. It's only original aspect, the fact that one of the protagonists is an ex-Stormtrooper, is greatly underused and only exists as a convenient plot device for the infiltration of the Starkiller base.

I'm counting on TFA being nearly a carbon copy of IV is in fact just a way of Disney playing it safe to ease everyone back into Star Wars, and hopefully they have the balls to do something interesting and new with VIII and IX
>>
>>64150187
>I'm counting on TFA being nearly a carbon copy of IV is in fact just a way of Disney playing it safe to ease everyone back into Star Wars, and hopefully they have the balls to do something interesting and new with VIII and IX

I would've thought the same, but then look how Star Trek ended up.
>>
>>64149838
It had issues that kept it from being fantastic but it was good enough. I don't think it will have the timelessness of the other movies but it wasn't a complete shitfest like the prequels
>>
Movie has more plot holes than swiss cheese
>>
>>64150187

Exaggeration can be entwined with annoyance at something being placed on such a pedestal.

The counter-balance to this will even it out till TFA settles to where it belongs.

and yes I do love the prequels.
>>
>>64150187
>>64150187
copying the OT will make originality harder, not easier, in upcoming installments.

given that we know the directors for the coming movies there is no reason to assume they have some special plan at all.

they are merely planning to farm the Star Wars fanbase for every dollar they can get and nothing more.
>>
>>64149838
Sure, the hate started that way
Then people saw the movie, and realized it was shit
So they started apologizing for hating the black guy and started hating the extremely terribly story and much more.

You just hate that you spent money on that shit
>>
>>64149838
It doesn't help that most people liked the movie.

Moot forbid we actually share our opinions with the commonfolk.
>>64149925
>At least the prequels FEEL like Star Wars
But they don't.
>>
>>64149838
Pretty much, yeah.
>>
Black male and white female leads. /tv/ could not help but bite the bait.
>>
>>64149838
>board full of 14-16yo kids and 40yo manchildren
>expecting different threads

Welcome to /tv/
>>
>>64149838

like, what are the complaints, that rey is a mary sue and that kylo is a pussy.

okay, so what? even if we grant those things, neither of them is all that big of a deal, it's still an enjoyable movie
>>
>>64149970
Appealing to your feelings is a non-argument. Like someone on tumblr, the poster that you're talking to values their fee-fees over any objective standard of correctness hammered out by a group of intelligent people. That's why they prefer the prequels and you're not allowed to say anything bad about them because you're just reddit/a shitlord.
>>
>>64151820

>neither are that big of a deal

Umm... Fucking no. They are a huge deal.

Ones the main protagonist and the other is the main antagonist you fucking idiot.

How about that they blew up a fucking weaponized planet? What is there to do next in the sequel to top that?
>>
>>64151924
>what the hell are they going to do in empire? They already blew up the Death Star in ANH
>>
>>64149838
>taking the board seriously
>honestly thinking /tv/ hates it
>not realizing meming for attention 24/7 is literally the modus operandi of every /tv/ anon
>>
>>64151944

They had a reveal of a family member. That was what was huge.

You think they will be able to have sonething like that again? Pfft.
>>
>>64149838
My normie gf found it "so bad it was good"
That's how bad it was.
>>
>>64149838
Obligatory "OP is a faggot" post
>>
>>64151994
>luke is rey father!!!
>>
>>64149838
>Shakey ABRAMS ACTION that's no better than a Micheal bay film
>filled with "LOL REMEMBER THIS THING? REMBER THE ORIGNALS>?! XD
>Unlikable cast that couldn't act
>Retarded fucking villain
>The Empire has another Death Star with the SAME FUCKING WEAKNESS THAT KILLS THE WHOLE THING AS IF THEY DIDN'T LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES
>Abrams bragged for months about them using "Acutal Make up effects and no CG" yet literally every fucking alien in the movie was god damn CG ala Lucas
>Nonstop fucking unfunny quips that undermined every scene, it felt like I was watching a god damn marvel movie.

The more I see people like OP post that I hate it because there was no white male hero, the more I realize JJ cast a diverse cast to claim racism the moment someone didn't like his shit heap of a film and it makes me furious.
>>
The Force Awakens = Prometheus
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.