[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was a stormtrooper placed in Rey's torture chamber?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 5
File: 141894478651.png (170 KB, 431x308) Image search: [Google]
141894478651.png
170 KB, 431x308
Why was a stormtrooper placed in Rey's torture chamber? Rey was tied down and had no place to go. Wouldn't you expect a closed door and her being tied down to be enough to prevent her from escaping?
If they needed to have someone to keep an eye on her, couldn't they have simply used a camera or a protocol droid?

Why weren't there any security cameras in the facility? Wouldn't that have been an easy way to spot Rey, Finn, Han, and Chewie? Why was it so easy to turn off the shields? Why did the grey stormtrooper cooperate to turn off the shields? Why would you grant access to the vital shields of the base to a simple higher ranked stormtrooper? Also, didn't the grey stormtrooper know that even were she to survive, she would be court martialed and sentenced to death? For such an technologically advanced society, they lacked almost all means of proper security. Who designed the security of that base?

This movie made no sense.
>>
Just turn your benis off anon
>>
>>64147388
kek
>>
Why didn't RedditLetterMedia nitpick TFA as hard as the prequels? Did they think nobody would notice if they simply called it "soft reboot"?
>>
How could Kylo Ren detect Han Solo landing on the planet, seemingly miles away, but not detect Rey when she was in the same building as him?
>>
>>64147444
They mentioned that they had just watched it at 3 AM or whatever. I suspect they were just spouting off their first impressions without going too deep into it. Quite the plebeian position if you ask me.
>>
Why was it so easy to blow up the Death Planet?
>>
>>64147475
Even my first impression was that the movie was shit. Feels like they just wanted an excuse to suck Disney's cock.
>>
Why is there a Resistance?
>>
>>64147451
what if Kylo Ren and Han Solo have some kind of connection? Whoa
>>
>>64147508
Do you honestly think that they are looking for an excuse to suck off Disney? How would they have any stake at all in the success or failure of Disney? They are independent film makers funded by patreon. They have absolutely nothing to gain from corporate shilling. If anything it would destroy their business.
>>
>>64147517
Yes but only they have that connection and it isn't explained at all with any sort of established logic. #woah #wewlads
>>
>>64147566
You never watched the OT I assume
>>
>>64147582
I have, actually. Do you want to have a conversation or just spew bullshit and expect everyone to accept it unconditionally?
>>
File: Star-Wars-George-Lucas.jpg (348 KB, 1562x941) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-George-Lucas.jpg
348 KB, 1562x941
Why is there a resistance when the Empire is destroyed?

How powerful is the New Order actually? They say it's the remnants of the Empire yet the Empire didn't have the means to build a Death Star the size of a planet.

What's the deal with the Republic? Who are they and why isn't Leia with them?

Why did Hux hold a speech for his men before firing the death star? It's not like they're marching to war. For the guys, it's just another day at the office.

Why did this movie make such a big deal out of the Republic being destroyed when we don't even know what the Republic actually was?

How could a stormtrooper janitor use a lightsaber efficiently to the point of holding quite well against a Sith disciple?

How could an untrained girl defeat a Sith disciple when she didn't know about the Force until 30 minutes ago and this was her first time using a lightsaber?

What was the point of the aliens released in the cargo? It had no impact on the movie at all save that scene.

Why were Finn and Poe such good friends when they met? They had spent a total of five minutes together, with four of them consisting of Poe doubting Finn's abilites.

What was the point of Luke making it so hard to find him and why did R2D2 wake up at such a convenient time of the story?

Why is the Empire still building death stars with massive weak points?

Why is Hux leading the New Order when he looks like he's in High School? Surely there is someone with more experience than him around.

What is the point of Maz? They say she's some pirate but why would someone like that be of value to a jedi like Luke?

Is Luke really that indifferent to the galaxy that he's willing to let four planets blow up rather than intervene himself?

Why was the Millenium Falcon so conveniently placed there? Did someone forget to take the car keys?

Why does Snoke insist on looking like a Playstation character?
>>
>>64147650
>the Empire didn't have the means to build a Death Star the size of a planet.
proof?
>>
>>64147650

just turn your brain off bro!111111
>>
>>64147737
>proof?
Proof being that they actually didn't build a Death Star the size of a planet. Still, you'd expect the remnants of the Empire to be less powerful than the actual Empire but that wasn't even the case.
>>
>>64147769
Do you have the means to kill yourself?
>>
>>64147776
I'm just saying, it's not really consistent storytelling when you're saying an organization is the remnant of a former super power and then have the remnants actually be more powerful than the thing they were remnants of.
>>
>>64147769
It could be that they did have the means to build a death star the size of a planet, but were wise enough to know that the weapon would be crap as it takes the power of an entire sun to shoot it once.
>>
>>64147808
So why did the New Order build it if the Death Star is seemingly a cheaper and more effective construction?
>>
>>64147824
It brought back bad memories
>>
>>64147650
>
Why did Hux hold a speech for his men before firing the death star? It's not like they're marching to war. For the guys, it's just another day at the office.

It's to solidify allegiance within your regime and establish dominance. If you really don't understand this you're just stupid, plain and simple.

>How could a stormtrooper janitor use a lightsaber efficiently to the point of holding quite well against a Sith disciple?

He didn't. He got his ass kicked. A weightless light sword is not such an exotic weapon to require years of training to know how to move it. Reflexes take control and you can easily maneuver it.

>What was the point of the aliens released in the cargo? It had no impact on the movie at all save that scene.

Han Solo was transporting them. It established that he had work. It made perfect sense in the context of the scene.

>Why were Finn and Poe such good friends when they met? They had spent a total of five minutes together, with four of them consisting of Poe doubting Finn's abilites.

Have you ever had a friend in your life? If a bro helps you break out of jail he's your fucking bro for life. Women will never get this.

>What was the point of Luke making it so hard to find him and why did R2D2 wake up at such a convenient time of the story?

Luke was initiating a ritual. An "awakening". He did this for a reason. He left R2D2 with a map to him incase shit got too fucked up. He is creating a new order of Jedi with his awakening. This is what the Jedi temples are for.

>Why is the Empire still building death stars with massive weak points?

Do you know how machines work? Every complex machine relies on a series of components to perform a task. An extremely complex task like absorbing a star for power would require one such building.

>Why is Hux leading the New Order when he looks like he's in High School? Surely there is someone with more experience than him around.

He's 32 years old. Napoleon was a General at 24.
>>
>>64147824
and who funded it? with what resources?

they have no citizens to tax

theyre being privately funded by the resistance?
>>
>>64147388

This. No trooper was better than 1 trooper.

That guy was literally there JUST so he could be plot-deviced.

>spending millions on special effects
>literally cannot hire 20 readers to spot inconsistencies and plotholes

I don't get why Hollywood doesn't do this. 20 people, a week, make them read the script over and over. That's all it takes.
>>
>>64147824
The New Order might have been desperate enough to not care about the downsides of such a doomsday weapon and only cared about its destructive power and the incredibly long range of the weapon.
>>
>>64147843
>Napoleon was a General at 24.
Napoleon was also a genious and not a babbling retard.
>>
>>64147388
>Why would there be a guard for an important prisoner?
Gee I dunno
>>
>>64147843
>All this justification
Fanboys never realize how pathetic they look rationalizing away literally every possible flaw in the obsession of their choice.
>>
>watch the Star Trek movie this guy is in.
>he's not actually being critical of anything.
>>
>>64147893
>Try to have a discussion
Y-YOU'RE JUST RATIONALIZING B-B-BULLSHIT!!!

Please stay out of the conversation if you're going to act like an idiot child.
>>
>>64147893
It's nowhere near as pathetic as downloading a cam of a movie so you could be a more autistic, lower-budget version of Plinkett.
>>
>>64147444
Because, while they did nitpick the prequels a lot, they also and more importantly brought up serious and glaring technical and artistic flaws. The prequels were broken movies on a fundamental level.

Bring up as many flaws as you want with TFA, it was still very well shot, composed, acted, edited, and the story had a clear and concise throughline, all things the prequels either lacked or utterly failed at.
>>
>>64147932
Its not really a discussion though. Someone could go along and point out how half of those are bullshit and you wouldn't budge. I mean, do you really not think someone could provide just as logical rationalizations for the prequels?
>>
>>64147566
I really really hope you're just trolling anon.
>>
>>64147978
The bigger problem with that is, Kylo sense him landing on the planet but couldn't sense him when he was ten meters away, even searching in the wrong direction.
>>
>>64147966
>do you really not think someone could provide just as logical rationalizations for the prequels?
No, because the prequels fail completely as a character-driven tragedy, since the main character didn't act like a human being. This isn't a nitpick, the movie failed to achieve its main goal.
>>
>>64147966
The fact is you haven't even ATTEMPTED to refute any of my points. This is what discussion is. I'm sorry that in your own little hug-box everything is black and white and no one disagrees but in the real world it isn't so simple. Issues exist and people can justify them. Throwing everything into the "unjustifiable box" is absolutely anti-intellectual and counter productive.
>>
>>64147882
I don't know either, especially since it is well known that force sensitive people can manipulate others.
>>
>>64147388

Why was a police officer placed in the interrogation room with the Joker?
>>
>>64147867
Actually the long range makes a lot of sense. The Empire could go wherever they wanted because they control the whole galaxy. The First Order can't enter Republic space without starting a war, and they wanted to do a pre-emptive strike.

Still, it's stupid that it's planet-sized and sucks in an entire sun.
>>
>>64147855
they have slaves, they just go to a planet, rape the woman, and kidnap the skilled workers
>>
>>64147953
>The prequels were broken movies on a fundamental level.
So was TFA. Unless a literal ANH copypaste is a high mark of filmmaking.
>>
>>64148186
You don't know what you're saying. Even if it was a shot for shot remake of ANH it wouldn't be inherently broken(the opposite actually). It just sounds like you're angry people don't like movies you're emotionally invested in.
>>
>>64148186
A copy-paste of a good story is still a good story though.

You can take points away for being a copy-paste, but it still makes sense, has clearly defined characters, well articulated stakes, and makes perfect sense traveling from story beat to story beat, which, even if it is working off a cheat sheet, is still way more than the prequels can claim.
>>
>>64147843
>It's to solidify allegiance within your regime and establish dominance. If you really don't understand this you're just stupid, plain and simple.
Why do they need to solidify allegiance with their own soldiers who were raised from birth to be loyal to them? It would make more sense if it were a speech to civilians, but does the First Order even have any?
>He got his ass kicked. A weightless light sword is not such an exotic weapon to require years of training to know how to move it. Reflexes take control and you can easily maneuver it.
He didn't get his ass kicked, he got defeated after fighting well and even hurting Kylo. All evidence in previous movies also points needing a lot of training to wield lightsabers effectively.
>Han Solo was transporting them. It established that he had work. It made perfect sense in the context of the scene.
I didn't really like the scene, and I don't think it was neccessary to establish Han was now swindling people for some reason, but its not really a plothole or anything.
>Have you ever had a friend in your life? If a bro helps you break out of jail he's your fucking bro for life. Women will never get this.
Agree desu.
>>
>>64148254
>it still makes sense

Not if you go into details, where it falls apart, just like the prequels.
>>
>>64147843
>>64148297
>Luke was initiating a ritual. An "awakening". He did this for a reason. He left R2D2 with a map to him incase shit got too fucked up. He is creating a new order of Jedi with his awakening. This is what the Jedi temples are for.
That 'awakening' stuff is just rampant guessing, I never understand why people weaken their arguments with such things. Also, why didn't Luke just leave a map for when they really needed them, instead of having them have to go on a cross-galaxy adventure to find it at the most inconvenient time possible.
>Do you know how machines work? Every complex machine relies on a series of components to perform a task. An extremely complex task like absorbing a star for power would require one such building.
A better question is why they built the new Death Star at all. I don't think anyone could take the Empire seriously anymore, this is the third of the only three mega weapons its built to get blown up shortly after construction, killing everyone on board.
>He's 32 years old. Napoleon was a General at 24.
Don't really care about this although an older actor would be nice.
>>
>>64147953
Yeah but RLM also nitpicked the shit out of the Star Trek reboot, which was a solid movie.
>>
>>64148225
I didn't like the prequels. But it's funny seeing shills defend a shitty movie because shittier movies exist.
>>
>>64148311
Literally any movie ever will fall apart if you stare at it's details too long though.

>Nobody else is in the room when Charles Foster Kane says "Rosebud", meaning the final twist of the movie is meaningless, I GUESS CITIZEN KANE SUCKS.

You don't have to go into details at all for the prequels to find flaws. That's the whole fucking point.
>>
>>64148297
>Why do they need to solidify allegiance with their own soldiers who were raised from birth to be loyal to them? It would make more sense if it were a speech to civilians, but does the First Order even have any?

Were you asleep when Finn defected? They aren't perfect obedient slaves. They are human beings.

>He didn't get his ass kicked, he got defeated after fighting well and even hurting Kylo. All evidence in previous movies also points needing a lot of training to wield lightsabers effectively.

He did get his ass kicked. Kylo Ren was injured, pissed, and able to dispatch of Finn very easily. What I got from that scene was that Finn was scared and pissing his pants. He desperately tried to survived but was bested by a much more skilled opponent.

>I didn't really like the scene, and I don't think it was neccessary to establish Han was now swindling people for some reason, but its not really a plothole or anything.

I was arguing it wasn't a plothole. We'll call it a draw.
>>
>>64148326
RLM also said they were nitpicking Star Trek, and admitted it was a good movie.
>>
>>64148254
Of course parts of it are going to make sense when it's the safest movie ever made. No risks. Just copy.
>>
>>64148392
>Nobody else is in the room when Charles Foster Kane says "Rosebud", meaning the final twist of the movie is meaningless, I GUESS CITIZEN KANE SUCKS.

The twist of Citizen Kane didn't have to be revealed to anyone in the movie to be meaningful. Why are you so shit at finding flaws? Do you really need RLM or equivalents to point out real flaws to you?
>>
>>64148321
>Also, why didn't Luke just leave a map for when they really needed them, instead of having them have to go on a cross-galaxy adventure to find it at the most inconvenient time possible.

This will be explained in the sequels. My explanation I have given. He had a task he needed to perform, didn't want to be interrupted, but still wanted some form of communication should shit hit the fan. This is why I believe he split the map in two and put R2D2 in a sleep mode.

>A better question is why they built the new Death Star at all.
Because they are a warfaring civilization and the weapon they built destroyed 5 rival planets at once.

>Don't really care about this although an older actor would be nice.
This is purely subjective.
>>
>>64148392
It's funny since nobody complained about space taxes until Plinkett made a big deal out of it. Likewise nobody is going to care about a janitor almost beating a sith disciple until Plinkett mentions it.
>>
>>64147388

I think Chrome Trooper was supposed to be Traitor Trooper and die fighting Finn, but they want her for VIII, so they replaced some actual shield generator guy in a officers uniform for Chrome Trooper
>>
>>64148514
>it's funny since nobody complained about space taxes until

That was literally the first thing anyone complained about in 1999
>>
>>64148501
But they were searching for the map before any shit hit the fan and went to him as soon as they found it, even after they had just destroyed the Starkiller Base. Luke must be really bad at predicting people's actions.
>>
jesus fuck who gives a shit, do you people spend this much time analyzing actual good movies or just blockbusters?
>>
>>64148552

If the new order had the map and only needed the piece in BB8 to complete their map, why didn't the resistance send in a team to steal that file instead of hoping for a deus ex machina in the form of R2D2 waking up and having the map?
>>
>>64148552
I believe they began searching for him after discovering the Star Killer base thing which is capable of destroying multiple planets at once. They had to give an info-graphic on how big it was compared to the Death Star so it must have been relatively new knowledge.
>>
>>64148423
>>64148326
They nitpicked a fucking lot in the TNG movies, focusing on details even more than they did in the prequels reviews.
And here, watch this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azSh47-oRPI&index=24&list=PL2CCF5FDA9CEEBDB8
Watch what Plinkett has to say about the plot of Generations from the beginning to 1:40
Rings a bell?
>>
>>64148596
This is purely speculation, but Luke left half the map in R2D2.

He left the other half with a trusted, unknown desert man.

It would be much more difficult for the enemy to track him in this way than his friends who had possession or R2. I think First Order having the other half of the map was kind of a plot hole but R2 awakening at the right time must have been Force involved.
>>
>>64148596
Unless I missed it, I thought The First Order didn't have any of the map. If they did, its even more retarded that they didn't use their massive resources to just search the small section of planets for Luke.

>>64148611
And why didn't he just tell them where he was and that they should only get him when shit hits the fan ala the Starkiller Base? There was no benefit to breaking up the map other than it's ability to act as a mcguffin.
>>
>>64147451
Because he's not as powerful as he thinks he is.
>>
>>64148690
And why didn't he just tell them where he was and that they should only get him when shit hits the fan ala the Starkiller Base? There was no benefit to breaking up the map other than it's ability to act as a mcguffin.

Because that information could be easily obtained through torture or mind-crushing. I believe Luke was on a very important mission that required absolute secrecy .
>>
>>64147543

if anything

it would make them more money
>>
>>64148392
The maid heard him you fucking dumbass.

>Star Wars fan parrots Buzzfeed-tier criticism of great film in justification of TFA

Surprising
>>
> Kylo Ren is LITERALLY Jacen Solo
> Darth Caedus is LITERALLY Ben Solo

So who ready for the Yuuzhan Vong 2.0 mixed with Snoke = Palpatine Clone 2.0 for Episode 8 and 9?
>>
How is it safer to have a literal map out there in the galaxy that the First Order knows about (and managed to find half of) than telling only a select few Rebel leaders like Leia and Ackbar?
>>
>>64147953

The story is all over the fucking place anon what are you talking about?

The main plot is trying to get the map to find Luke. The movie ends up waving in and out of things which have nothing to do with that at all. Then it comes up again after they have blown up a fucking planet at the end.
>>
>>64148769
Their audiences trust in confidence is their most valuable asset to them as business.

They haven't done any shilling before and have established an atmosphere of honesty. If they were to ruin that by taking a cheap buck from a company they are absolute idiots.
>>
>>64147875
He didn't seem like a babling retard.. He called out kylo ren for being a dumbass
>>
>>64148825
They most likely didn't take any money from Disney, but they were certaintly influenced by the Star Wars media hype and their own nostalgia for the original trilogy.
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 371x162) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 371x162
>>64148815
Why wouldn't Luke tell his TWIN SISTER where he was going?

Only blood he has left alive as far as we know and apparently it's better to leave a weird fuckin jigsaw puzzle chase than to just tell her.
>>
>>64148825
Hello???? Max Landis appearance??? Everything is for sale you fuckin child
>>
>>64148825
Kek. They shill the fuck out of anything capeshit. Can't go against the Reddit mentality.
>>
>>64148859
I'm not saying they weren't. All I'm saying is that they don't have the financial incentive to sell out after establishing themselves as trustworthy critics.
>>
>>64148952
How the fuck don't they have financial incentive to sell out to big bucks compared to begging Redditors for change?
>>
>>64148911
If a successful Hollywood writer sent you a friendly tweet and offered to be on your stupid Internet show would you really turn them down? Max didn't have shit to gain from his appearance. He did it simply because he was a fan of the show.
>>
>>64148967
Please read my previous posts. Their reputation is absolutely everything. It fuels their patreon. It fuels their audience to keep coming back for commentary. If they were to forsake that for a check from a studio it would ruin their business.
>>
>>64149006
What reputation? They've defended capeshit. And now they're defending a mediocre copypaste job. They have a good repuation on Reddit maybe but that's not mutually exclusive to selling out to Disney. The audiences overlap anyways.
>>
>>64149043
I sincerely cannot tell if you're joking or just an idiot.
>>
>>64149071
Atleast I don't shill for a shitty youtube channel on an anime site.
>>
why don't they just put a button on the inside of the stormtrooper outfits that sends a remote signal to sound an alarm or send help
>>
>>64147966
>>64147893
Hahahah. You're simple-minded as fuck. Someone comes with perfectly logical explanations for the points made and the only retort you can mutter is 'F-Fanboy'.
>>
>>64148815
>>64148863
What's your retort to this?
>>
>>64148321
>That 'awakening' stuff is just rampant guessing, I never understand why people weaken their arguments with such things.

Why do you need everything spelled out for you? There are plenty of things that don't make perfect sense in the original trilogy but are afterwards more thoroughly explored through the sequels. Obi-Wan: 'If you strike me down I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.'
>>
>>64148690
>Unless I missed it, I thought The First Order didn't have any of the map.

Look, you didn't even pay any fucking attention when watching the film. They specifically said that they had the other 'half' of the map.
>>
>>64149320
who is scarier: an old guy or a SPOOKY GHOST
>>
>>64149320
He was able to help Luke blow up the deathstar within the same film.

Regardless, what you did is literally just guessing. Snoke could be awakening the force. Rey could be awakening the force. Kylo could be awakening the force. The force could be awakening on its own. The fact that you had to tie the awakening to Luke to give him a non-shitty reason to hide in Ireland for twenty years says a lot about those water-tight explanations of yours.
>>
>>64149320
>Obi-Wan: 'If you strike me down I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

This made sense in the original movie. Obi Wan becoming a ghost was shlock in the sequels, but in ANH, he became an ideal, someone the rest can look up to and use as a source of motivation to stand up against the empire, which is why he says that AFTER he sees Luke.
>>
>>64149342
That's even worse. Why didn't they search the small section of planets that they didn't have?
>>
>>64149372
You realize you're talking to a different person, right?
>>
>>64149408
So why do you have complete faith that the force's 'awakening' was part of a ritual Luke was performing that took him 20 years and needed no disruption?
>>
>>64147650

>Why were Finn and Poe such good friends when they met? They had spent a total of five minutes together, with four of them consisting of Poe doubting Finn's abilites.

That's how real friendships develop you literal autist.

>What is the point of Maz? They say she's some pirate but why would someone like that be of value to a jedi like Luke?

Explained in the next movie
>>
>>64149500
>That's how real friendships develop you literal autist.
Not really no. You're the autist here.
>>
>>64149372
I wasn't the guy who originally said that, but it's perfectly fine to speculate. Any movie worth anything has ambiguous parts. Point being that just because a) not everything is spelled out and b) it doesn't make immediate sense to you, that doesnt mean that there isn't a good explanation for it.
>>
>>64149460
I never claimed complete faith. I offered my opinion on what I thought it was. It makes sense in the context the he would leave for so long to perform some sort of task. Read my reply. Quit arguing with positions that do not exist simply because you have a convenient answer to them.
>>
>>64149500
Out of 16 questions, you only answered two, and only one could be answered with any sort of certainty.
>>
>>64149401
Because both halves of the map made no sense without the other half...
>>
>>64149532
>>64149533
>Not everything has to be spelt out stupid fucking autist, its so fucking obvious goddamn how can you not see it
>It w-w-w-was just opinion and speculation!!!!
>>
>>64149561
Again, you must realize that on an anonymous imageboard you aren't talking to the same person the entire time, right? Please, please tell me you realize this.
>>
>>64149560
But it wasn't half. it wasn't even 1/20th of the entire map.
>>
>>64149587
One of you was one of him desu senpai, I was just covering bases.
>>
>>64149595
It didnt make sense without the other part of the map. It makes sense that both parts could only be deduced what it was with the other part, because otherwise it wouldn't make sense for Luke to split it into two parts.
>>
>>64149625
Why did R2-D2 wake up when he did
>>
>>64149605
You're evading the issues and using the most blatant logical fallacy of "strawman" I've ever actually seen. If you want to have a mature discussion I'm prepared to continue but if not you can bow out right now and stop wasting both of our times.
>>
>>64149625
>It makes sense otherwise it wouldn't make sense
This is airtight logic.
>>
>>64149605
Nobody ever claimed they had perfect faith that it was X. This is what happens in stories. You fill in the blanks. You seem to think that just because not everything is spelt out it must be a mistake.
>>
>>64149625
>have the entire map of the galaxy
>overlay luke's incomplete map with your own complete map
>search for luke where his trail runs out on his own map

You don't need to a NASA scientist to figure out how to find someone using a map and a few reference points.
>>
everything related to SKB is the weakest part of the movie. I don't think anyone has ever denied that.
>>
>>64149665
It is. Because:

1. Both parties had one part of the map
2. Both parties couldn't deduce where Luke was from their respective parts
3. Both parties desperately wanted to find the other part of the map to find Luke
4. Leia's rebels specifically said the map didn't make any sense to them.

Logically you can deduce from this that you need both parts of the map.
>>
>>64149637
R2-D2 is the force, he had to awaken before the end of the movie or the title would make no sense
>>
>>64149637
I assume it's Luke's doing. They didn't specifically say nor did I feel they particularly needed to.
>>
>>64149722
Except that's not what is shown.

>1. Both parties had one part of the map
>2. Both parties couldn't deduce where Luke was from their respective parts
>3. Both parties desperately wanted to find the other part of the map to find Luke
>4. Leia's rebels specifically said the map didn't make any sense to them.
Correct.
But,

5. The section missing from The First Order's map is a minuscule amount which wouldn't take long to scour.

It's this crazy new concept called a plothole.
>>
>>64149686
You're assuming that it's just a simple map of a part of the galaxy. It'd make more sense if it was like a puzzle.
>>
>Darth Plageius can see into the future
>Rey can see visions of the past
>Luke can see the future
>Luke forsees the destruction of the Star Killer
>Luke preemptively programs R2D2 to awaken at that time to summon him

It JUST makes sense!
>>
>>64149806
It'd make more sense if it was like a puzzle, but its literally shown to be a simple map of a part of the galaxy.
>>
File: 141586412356.jpg (1 MB, 2500x1694) Image search: [Google]
141586412356.jpg
1 MB, 2500x1694
>>64149722
>being this bad as reading maps

Did you even look at the map in the movie or did you just believe what excuses they made up during the movie to validate the mcguffin?
>>
>>64149818
If Luke can see into the future why didn't he save Han Solo?
>>
>>64149722
Do you realize how big a fucking galaxy is man?
They needed the full map to follow the trail of planets from the known starting point, he was in uncharted planets
>>
>>64149794
So instead of thinking that the big part that The First Order had in their possession couldn't be read without the other smaller part, you assume that they could have read it if they just tried harder/better and that it must be a plothole.

This says a lot about what you want from this film. I bet you also think that a Death Star which can be destroyed is a plothole.
>>
>>64149880
He's still mad about the cuckening
>>
>>64149897
>So instead of thinking that the big part that The First Order had in their possession couldn't be read without the other smaller part
Why would we think that? R2 was able to show the large portion of the map just fine
>>
>>64149938
R2 is special and an unique force sensitive droid.
>>
>>64149897
>>64149897
AND Ball Droid could play the small section without the big section just fine, AND they didn't need the small section to play the big section since Kylo was just going to doodle it from Rey's memory. I think he's just grasping at straws, pham.
>>
File: 1433238926338.jpg (31 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1433238926338.jpg
31 KB, 500x333
>need to find some data left behind by luke
>no one ever thinks to just crack open R2D2 and check his memory
>>
>>64150132
>the map is left on the RAM and is perpetually in use by R2D2 in low power mode
>open up R2D2
>fail-safe mechanism starts and map gets corrupted and forever lost

thanks buddy
>>
Wouldn't sucking up and removing the star from its position cause the starkiller base to spiral out of control and drift away uncontrolably in space, making it very difficult to aim your giant laser properly?

When the star got sucked dry, shouldn't the sky have remained bright for several additional minutes, as it takes time for the photons emitted to reach the starkiller base?
>>
>>64150531
fuk u
>>
>>64150531
>as it takes time for the photons emitted to reach the starkiller base?
That depends on how far away the sun is. Could be a smaller sun located closer to the planet.
>>
>>64150662

If ships can penetrate the starkiller base's shields by travelling through it at hyperspeed, why didn't the x-wings do that instead of hoping a ragtag group of misfits would be able to turn the shields off?

If your shields and your capacitors get blown up, why don't you simply abort the firing of your laser to prevent the destruction of your base? You have more than enough manpower to withstand the small number of x-wings, or to even destroy them. You even have more than enough manpower to assault and destroy the resistance base using ships and destroyers.
>>
>>64150803
>Could be a smaller sun located closer to the planet.

Why is it a snow planet then?
>>
What I don't get is how they can all sneak about the base without being detected, and I don't mean by stormtroopers. Surely an advanced civilization like that would have motion detectors etc. or at least fucking CCTV cameras.
>>
>>64151475
They have to remain consistent with the retarded logic of the original star wars trilogy, like there not being any rails anywhere.
>>
>>64150531

>applying real life physics
>to a universe where FTL travel is possible
>>
>>64148830
He struck me as fairly dumb considering how the Resistance managed to blow up the Death Star by sending in a dog on two legs, some retired guy and a janitor.
>>
>>64152120
He didn't have the script, the others did.
>>
>>64150874
Because the star is smaller.
Also you are all assuming that the base doesn't have any means of travel. The original death star had, why would starkiller base be any different?
>>
>>64152173
This, the Script is a powerful tool if used correctly.
>>
Han's big ship (which was stolen from the First Order) had CCTV, the Starkiller base did not.
What the fuck?
>>
How much power does the new order have? Shouldn't the rebels be in control after taking down the empire? Who the hell are the knights of ren and how are they connected to the new order?
Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.