[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: The Force Awakens' opening crawl as written by George Lucas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: Lucas Episode VII.png (150 KB, 963x485) Image search: [Google]
Lucas Episode VII.png
150 KB, 963x485
ITT: The Force Awakens' opening crawl as written by George Lucas
>>
War!
>>
>>64147045
TFA opening crawl was a bit boring desu. I was expecting some more explanation of what the fuck happened the last 30 years
>>
File: 1442688615691.gif (1 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
1442688615691.gif
1 MB, 290x189
>>64147045
>War!
>>
>>64147045
This would imply that we'd actually get a coherent explanation of what the fuck the New Republic even is.
>>
>>64147132
What are you talking about? It's a republic.
>>
Anyone else notice how
THE FIRST ORDER
and
THE RESISTANCE
we're entirely capitalized in an attempt to emphasize that they are no longer The Empire and The Rebellion?

"Fucking pathetic, fuck you JJ and Disney" went through my mind during this.
>>
>>64147178
There are heroes on BOTH sides
>>
Why do we still need these stupid fucking crawls? Is it because SW nerds will cwy if the movie doesn't start that way?
>>
>entire plot of the movie
>find Luke
>they get the map to him at the end
>not a single resistance member goes
>Leia doesn't go
>Rei goes with Chewie alone
>>
>>64147376
Idiot, it's one of the Star Wars motifs now.
>>
>>64147412
Rey obviously has some hidden backstory. She was at least one of Luke's apprentices, and maybe is his daughter. That would explain both her pre-existing force powers and why she was sent to find Luke. Leia would know how significant she is.
>>
>>64147334
This is definitely in the Top 5 dumbest lines in the prequels. How can there be heroes in an army composed almost entirely of personality-less robots?
>>
>>64147518

>it'll be explained the novel
>it'll be explained in the comics!
>it'll be explained in the sequel!
>it'll be explained in the 3rd movie!
>its open to interpretation!

Why do you fucking faggots defend such terrible writing so hard?
>>
>>64147580
I guess Grevious and Dooku were. Lucas obviously meant it in the older sense of the word, a hero being a figure who stands out and does extraordinary thing, not necssarily a good guy.

>>64147606
I didn't say it was great, just explaining what was obviously set up. I don't particularly like the mystery angle, it doesn't add much, but remember Episode V ended on a huge cliffhanger for every character with lots of stuff left unexplained. People had to wait 3 years to find out that shit.
>>
>>64147045
What's up with the paid shills shitting all over the prequels?

>You have to admit TFA is better than the prequels
>Well you can't talk aboutt plot hole #124 when plothole #54 from the prequels exists
>Mary sue? Annakin in TPM is a kid self-insert

I mean Disney owns the rights to those movies too what benefit do they get from trashing them?
>>
>>64147606
>3 part movie
>expecting everything to be explained in the first one
what would they do in 2 and 3 then?
>>
>>64147756
so would that mean people actually think the sequels were dreadful and like to make fun of them?
>>
>>64147606
They kept dropping the 'my family' 'my family' thing to make it obvious even to stupid people (like you) that rey is going to be fleshed out more next film, now that the others are established

What part of 'trilogy' do you not understand
>>
>>64147797

I don't know. Which is why it was fucking retarded for 20 X-Wings to blow up a God damn planet in the first movie. TFA was pretty bad.
>>
>>64147854

Her being a family member of someone else does not explain how an untrained person can do the shit she did.

She could be a clone of fucking Sheev for all I care its awful writing.
>>
>>64147919
>Which is why it was fucking retarded for 20 X-Wings to blow up a God damn planet in the first movie
I don't understand how this has anything to do with what I said. are you just trying to find excuses to stay stupid shit?
This is why you're not a writer. If you were, your movies would be fucking awful, give everything away in the first 10 minutes, then have another 2 hours of literally nothing.
>>
>>64147083
>>64147123
What's the origin of this?
>>
>>64148000

You said you didn't know what they would do in the next movie.

I agreed. Because this movie ended with them blowing up a fucking weaponized planet. What the fuck do they do in the next movie? Where do you go from that?

I'm saying it shouldn't have been blown up. They literally blew their load too early.
>>
>>64148001
Revenge of the Sith opening crawl
>>
>>64148084
Really? What the fuck. I haven't seen the movie for 10 years since I was 10, is that really how it starts? Jesus Christ
>>
File: episode iii.jpg (280 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
episode iii.jpg
280 KB, 1024x768
>>64148125
Yep, here's the full text
>>
War! Jar Jar have dissapeared
>>
File: top kek 1.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
top kek 1.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>>64148207
top kek. never noticed that.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 514x536
>>64148207
>Heroes on both sides
It's worse than I could have ever imagined
>>
>>64148207
You know, it might have been cool to see Grevious sweep into the Republic capital and kidnap Chancellor Palpatine. I'm just thinking aloud here though.
>>
>>64148207
>a stunning move
>>
>>64148294
We did in the fantastic conclusion to the well-made Clone Wars animated series
>>
>>64148294
It's in the Clone Wars series from 2003. Pretty fucking badass series.
>>
>>64147606
>they made the new trilogy to rhyme with the OT
>they made Rey's origin unclear so they can have "I am your father" moment in the second movie
>>
>>64148081
Planetkiller weapons are almost half a century old tech in Star Wars at this point. They're not supposed to be the main attraction anymore, they're something to be encountered in a regular engagement with the bad guys. 30 years post-ROTJ, a Death Star is "normal".
>>
>>64148207
George should've replaced the opening music with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpWmlRNfLck
>>
>>64147756
>what benefit do they get from trashing them?
the shills need to gain your trust somehow.
>>
>>64147580
Good is simply a point of view
>>
File: wudbe.jpg (17 KB, 316x239) Image search: [Google]
wudbe.jpg
17 KB, 316x239
>>64147606
>WHY DON'T THEY EXPLAIN EVERYTHING IN THE FIRST MOVIE?!
>I KNEW LITERALLY EVERYTHING ABOUT THE OT'S STORY JUST FROM ANH, RIGHT?!

Jesus fucking christ, just end yourself you child
>>
File: george lucas.jpg (96 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
george lucas.jpg
96 KB, 1152x864
>>64148207
>ruthless sith lord,count dooku
they're all weak as shit.
>evil is everywhere
>>
>>64149518
Nothing that appears in ANH is completely reliant on the next films. Like Reys story literally makes no sense right now. ANH is more or less self contained
>>
>>64148564
Or this one.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5FfJ89rGPc
>>
>>64149518
>I KNEW LITERALLY EVERYTHING ABOUT THE OT'S STORY JUST FROM ANH, RIGHT?
not this guy but you knew everything you had to from the first movie.not who is darth vader and where the empire comes from cause it just doesnt matter but you knew enough about the characters and the setting.i dont care about how kylo ren betrayed luke, how maz got Anakin lightsaber or why the new stoormtroopers have more ''freedom'' in their making because like the prequels the answer would be stupid but i do want to know how were the new republic and how Rey got so powerful.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.