[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck did i just watch? no seriously, what the fuck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 7537348.jpg (119 KB, 1655x701) Image search: [Google]
7537348.jpg
119 KB, 1655x701
What the fuck did i just watch? no seriously, what the fuck?

i dont know where to start with this monstrosity of a flick. if it wasn't for the obvious faces and lightsabers it would just be the usual high budget flick with the thinking that fancy effects and explosions will make a 'movie' good. fucking wrong.

i couldnt tell if it was at the start, beginning or end due to the lack of structure and plot - infact im still struggling to see what the plot was? the whole thing dragged out to see some old fuck standing on the cliffs - greeeaat.

what really fucking me off was how they mocked the dark side to be a laughing stock. that pathetic joke making the clone troopers run away when kylo was throwing a tantrum.
-kylo was meant to be the evil sith boss but actually got KILLED by a girl using a lightsaber for the FIRST FUCKING TIME. the fucking dindu put up a good fight, they both have zero fucking knowledge in using one, let alone the force in general. what the fuck?
how can anyone possible criticise the prequels with pieces of liberal shit like this one? there were no characters in TFA with any presence, or something that made you think 'wow i like this guy'. the prequels had mace windu, anakin, obi wan, darth vader, darth maul, etc. what did this one have? the characters were fucking dull as fuck, im actually angry as im typing this i just cant get over what i just watched and i need to vent it somewhere.

trust disney to fuck up this bad. i dont even need to mention (but i will anyway) the obvious racism with the dark side being all white, and the 'goodies' being a melting pot of spics, chinks, dindus, females etc. how can this racism even be allowed?

sadly ticket sales determine the success of a film, and so people will feel obligated to think this flick was good but in reality it was tediously boring, which lacked a plot, characters with any redeeming qualities, and made the dark side a joke.
>>
>>64144844
tl;dr

The tie fighter scene were the best parts of the movie and lifted this shit up from a boring mess to an enjoyable movie.
>>
>>64144844
>>64145465

The movie fucking sucked ass, Episode IV repackaged.

Hamfisted shit, wooden characters with forced unbelievable relationships. It was shit.
>>
>>64144844
>>64145465
>>64145514
>HURR DURR IT WAS LE SHIT. I'LL JUST START SHITPOSTING STOCK COMPLAINTS TO BACK UP MY 'ARGUMENT' WITHOUT ELABORATING ANY FURTHER. HURR DURR NOW WATCH ME SHITPOST NOW WATCH ME NAY NAY, WATCH ME SHIT, POST, WATCH ME NAY NAY HURR DURR

You are all a literal cancer. Please kill yourself. You will be helping in the betterment of this board if you do so.
>>
It wouldn't be Star Wars if everything was explained and made sense. What I love about these movies is the fan speculation. The original is probably the best film in the series but it is just an average movie in the grand scheme of things.

Force Awakens actually had the best characters in the whole series. We know more about Han and Leia than we ever did before. Han especially is a much more fleshed out character after this movie, we basically knew fuck all about him before this film. Really liked how they rounded off his arc. Finn is probably the most likable dude in cinematic history. Rae is intriguing and has a lot of developing to do as does Kylo Ren. Will be interesting to see how their 2 arc are going to intersect.

I get the feeling Rae had used a light sabre before tbf. Kylo was conflicted between dark and light so he couldn't fully use the force but because Rae was not conflicted the force could flow freely or some shit.
>>
>>64145628
Dude nobody wants the board to get better.
>>
>>64145628
kek, you obviously haven't been with /tv/ to know what /tv/ is.
>>
>>64145628
>babbys first /tv/ post

how do you do new friend?
>>
I cannot believe, I legitimately cannont believe that this movie made me finally feel that 1, 2, and 3 actually belonged to the series as opposed to this tacked on piece of garbage.

OP is correct about the fact that despite the absolute garbled mess of a plot that they were, every single character in the prequels was memorable and you got their shit from the get go.

Plus those battles were iconic without resorting to nostalgia for its own sake. The droid and clone armies were interesting, the planets were enthralling, and as silly as they were, the lightsaber fighters weren't in there to fill some sort of quote, they were BIG moments.

I'm not ever going to pretend that the plots made sense or were any good, but goddamn did they feel like Star Wars.
>>
>>64145628
Sup, disney shill.
>>
>>64144844
>goodies' being a melting pot of spics, chinks, dindus, females etc
meanwhile they killed off the Raid: Redemption crew
>>
This movie was not worth axing the EU for.

I get that it had lots and lots of shit in it, but it was a gigantic, breathing universe with 30 years of care from the real fans. What the fuck was this shallow shambling skeleton of a thing doing ruining all that?
>>
>>64145800
The prequels were good but edge lords let some fat faggot on youtube convice them otherwise by using big words

baka desu senpai
>>
>>64146388
I will freely admit that this was me. And I apologize. I mean, they weren't fine art, but damn did they at least have soul beyond the bells and whistles.
>>
>>64146388
the prequels are shit and have no redeemable qualities other than the maymay factor
>>
>>64146504
>no redeemable qualities
>implying JW's score isn't good

git f***ed
>>
>>64145666
>It wouldn't be Star Wars if everything was explained and made sense.

What the fuck are you babbling on about faggot? Did you ever watch episode IV? Obi Wan talks for 10 minutes strait explaining everything to Luke. You are a stupid cunt. Lucas loved dialog, probably too much. Shit was always spoon fed in Star Wars. This "speculation" bullshit is Jew Jew and Disney's doing... because they rather turn the fucking Star Wars franchise into the fucking Hunger Games than make a good star wars movie.
>>
>>64146574
Star Wars was epic one time ago. Even though the prequels were dirtier and a bit nastier than the original trilogy, they were some how comfy, though a disjointed mess. Lucas however was a master of characterization and visual cues and crafting believability. TFA was a cash grab by Disney, Marshall and Jar Jar to cater to an audience who could give a shit about anything remotely star wars worthy. it's now a set piece, a decorative piece for feminist and those who could have given a shit previously, to hang on their walls and claim as their own.
>>
>>64145666
OK Satan, I'll bite. You had me up until you said Rey is intriguing and had a lot of developing to do. There is fuckall for her to develop because they already made her perfect. 8/10 you got me with shitty b8 mr shill
>>
>>64144844

Fuck off you autistic cunt the movie was easily an 8/10
>>
>>64148090
No it was not, my second time watching it made it a 2/10, it literally gets worse to more you watch it. I have seen bathroom walls with better writing.
>>
>>64146574
but the hunger games was actually decent series of movies given the source material, which is a teen girl self insert story
>>
>>64145800
this. The only things wrong with the prequels are jar jar and the quipy one lines every min. That's ir
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 340x249) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 340x249
>>64147924
Yeah, it was always the more subtle character elements that Lucas would leave out, for example, why can't Qui-Gonn sense that Anakin is a bad seed? Is it because he's his son?
>>
>>64146564
>implying it was the least bit memorable

The only good new song is Rey's theme, the rest is either music from the OT or completely forgettable

Funny thing is Rey is a shit character and her music is the best thing about her
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.