[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which was the better film? At first you'd think The Revenant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: snowcore.jpg (716 KB, 957x707) Image search: [Google]
snowcore.jpg
716 KB, 957x707
Which was the better film?

At first you'd think The Revenant has the edge, but I'd say they're pretty even at the end of the day.

Revenant could've been a masterpiece, but Inarritu dropped the ball. Still a great film, but the paper thin plot and shoe-horned spirituality really fucked with it.
>>
>>64144796

I have to wait to see The Revenant in the theater to find out.

>watching lubezki at home
>>
>>64144796
Revenant was stunning

Haven't seen Tarantino yet since it's not out here yet. I live in a backwards place.
>>
>>64144796
The Revenant isn't perfect, but it got kind of close. Pretty sure it's my film of the year, next to Mad Max.
>>
File: 1441167722351.jpg (8 KB, 269x269) Image search: [Google]
1441167722351.jpg
8 KB, 269x269
>>64144796
>I'd say they're pretty even at the end of the day.

...And you'd be wrong, because Hateful 8 sucked.
>>
File: when tarantulas strike.jpg (59 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
when tarantulas strike.jpg
59 KB, 400x600
>>64144916
It was better than Django though.

Another victory for QT.
>>
H8ful 8
>>
>>64144980
Eating dogshit is more pleasant than watching Django.
>>
>>64144796
the revenant should have been shot in 70mm, not hateful 8
it also suffers from a week plot

hateful 8 was very dialogue heavy, half of it was exposition
felt a bit long and wind
but if you can get past that, it's actually better the second time watching it
>>
>>64144796
H8 was a fun time, great dialogue(other than the black dingus scene) and some fun characters.

Revenent was a little 2deep4u at times but very enjoyable even with long stretches of minimal dialogue. Tom Hardy was absolutely GOAT and made a great bad guy.

Probably say they're about even at the end of the day. Sicario was better than both.
>>
>>64145190
I can agree with all of this.
>>
File: PLEB-Talk.jpg (149 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
PLEB-Talk.jpg
149 KB, 1000x1000
>>64145190
>H8 was a fun time
>Revenent was a little 2deep4u at times
>>
>>64145315
Revenant wasn't too symbolic or ambiguous to understand. It was just too pretentious in its dream sequences / spirituality. Typical Inarritu directing.
>>
>>64145422
>It was just too pretentious in its dream sequences / spirituality.

Yeah, nothing pretentious about snowshoe wings on a despicable bitch.
>>
>>64145492
I don't disagree, H8 is typical Tarantino pastiche. But that's to be expected of his films. You just kinda accept it cause the whole premise is already wacky as shit.

With The Revenant though, it actually pulls you out of the film. Tarantino's voice over narration did the same thing. It's like the director stops the film to wink at the audience. It's stupid.
>>
File: image.jpg (222 KB, 1434x1464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
222 KB, 1434x1464
>>64144796
Only saw the screeners. Gonna watch both again in theaters but revenant stuck with me more.
Hateful 8 was way funnier and had way better characters but it didn't impact me as much.
I just can't get the cauterize scene, bear attack, knife fight and ending shot out of my mind.
>>
they are completely different movies, hateful 8 felt a bit too long and the narration came out of nowhere and was unnecessary, otherwise some cool twists and great dialogue, locations and cinematography was fine but nothing special. the revenant is visually amazing and relies heavily on atmosphere and more basic feelings that stick with your for a while after watching it. on the negative side, watching leo struggle and grunt is great for the first half hour, but then its like cmon thats a full hour of him getting fucked up over and over again. there is also very little character development or dialogue.
>>
watched Revenant yesterday and thought it was too long and a little boring

downloading hateful now
>>
>>64145038
Eating Django's django is more pleasant than watching Django.
>>
>>64144796
Niggers vs Tree Niggers
>>
File: 0934 - SRgG0Sa.jpg (34 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
0934 - SRgG0Sa.jpg
34 KB, 512x512
>watch revenant
>far too long, 2 hours 34mins

>download hateful
>2 hours 47mins

are you shitting me?

who sits through this crap for that long without getting bored?
>>
>>64147569
People aged over 18 and/or without ADHD
>>
>>64144796
The Revenant starts good, but then drops the ball. The Warm Black Dingus may not be the best Totino's movie but it's still better than anything else getting a nomination (except Mad Max).
>>
>>64147569
If it's a good movie the running time can be warranted, but you're absolutely right if it's shit what a miserable fucking experience.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.